Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
831,081 - 831,100 of 1,079,014 Comments Last updated 36 min ago

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame attempt to save. Both are put into a trust fund and yes we do pay a separate tax towards our Medicare-even is called Medicare tax specific for that program. How in the world could anyone who got a paycheck fail to notice that he was paying a Medicare tax?
PS Social Security is not an IRA were you withdraw only what you put in.
The amount you pay into social security basically determines your monthly benefit.

The amount you pay into Medicare is not relevant to your benefit.

I know its difficult but try real hard to see the difference.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

GOP Wants Holder to Resign Over Security Leaks Investigation That They Wanted Holder to Do

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/05/14/...

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I am supporting your lazy pathetic existence dumbass, so I CAN call you a mooch, Dumb Dave.
Unless you are my customer or perhaps one of my customer's customer, you don't support me at all.

You are confusing me with Eed.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I notice that. What an "about face" huh?
A better question is why isn't the mass media covering five major stories that's impacting all Americans more? 1. Carbon pollution reaches historic highs, threatening human existence. 2. The devastating impact of sequestration on kids, cancer patients and first responders.3. Massive cuts to food stamps for the most vulnerable Americans.4. 1100 workers die in garment factory collapse in Bangladesh and most American retailers plan business as usual.5. 4,000 gun deaths due to gun violence since Newtown. http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/05/17/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Today Speaker of the House John Boehner issued the following letter to the American people:

Dear American People,

Yesterday, your hardworking House Republicans tried, once again, and failed, once again, to repeal Obamacare. And I really thought we had a good chance this time.

That’s because we were all united in our hatred for this infernal and takes-too-long-to-read law. Every last one of us cast his vote to strike it down, from crazy little Paul Ryan to that arrogant bastard Eric Cantor.

And I wish you could have seen the faces of those freshman Republicans as they voted to repeal Obamacare—so innocent, so full of hope and wonder. As I told them yesterday,“You’ll never forget your first time.”

It’s important for you to know that even as scandals swirl about the cesspool known as the White House, some folks in Washington are still working hard for the American people.

It was a gruelling week for me, what with popping up in front of the TV cameras every five minutes saying,“Who’s going to jail?,” plus trying to rid our land of Obamacare. But I don’t want your thanks. Save that for the dedicated House Republicans who have now voted thirty-seven times to repeal. You can’t put a price tag on that kind of performance. Well, actually, you can: it’s cost the taxpayers over fifty million dollars.

And worth every million, damn it.

One last thing. I know some of you are probably thinking that after suffering this latest defeat, we House Republicans are just going to take our bat and ball and go home. Well, there’s an old saying where I come from: the thirty-eighth time’s the charm.

Courage,

John Boehner
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have two choices -who wanted the talking points altered -the White House or the State Department? You have only so many players here and they all are departments of the Obama admin.
Who wanted to include the lie about the video tape?
Karl was played by a GOP congressional FOXbot.

now try a reply that makes some sense within the context of my post. your FOXbot deflection tactics are failing you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Wants Holder to Resign Over Security Leaks Investigation That They Wanted Holder to Do
They can gf themselves.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he hasn't been charged because your "facts" are wrong. If lobbying was illegal-which it isn't for tax exempt charities-Red cross, ACA, AARP, et al would all be in jail.
The type of tax exempt status these groups were seeking are for groups that advocate for social issues. Not political.

They can do political activities but this cannot be their major endeavor.

The Red Cross advocates for their health services , they do not endorse candidates (as far as I know), and no one ran for office on the Red Cross ticket.

The AARP advocates for older people. They push issues that effect older people.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I notice that. What an "about face" huh?
There has always been factual reporting from the main stream media. The unusual situation that is occurring now is that FOX is also covering the same story, albiet with their same lying spin.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I know people pay medicare taxes. We also pay taxes to the federal government that they use to run food stamps,welfare, etc. We pay taxes for unemployment.
When people use those programs. you dumbass right whiners call them moochers.
Since Medicare is a government run program funded by taxes, that means, according to you people, users must also be moochers.
You & old Eed cannot say using Medicare is not mooching just because you participate in it.
If you & Old Eed get to ignore than most users of these government programs paid taxes at some point, I get to ignore that Eed paid Medicare taxes.
Its only fair.
When you right whiners quit calling every user of a government program a moocher then I'll quit calling old moochin' Eed a moocher.
So, you equate an able bodied person who could work with a disabled senior citizen?

PS -read your posts. You attempted to claim that Medicare was paid into the general fund. We all realized at that point that you did not know there was a Medicare Tax just like there was a Social Security Tax

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The GOP wants Attorney General Eric Holder 'to resign' because he was doing his job too aggressively and well. Go figure, screwball republicans.?!?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Unless you are my customer or perhaps one of my customer's customer, you don't support me at all.
You are confusing me with Eed.
Once again, we pay a separate Medicare Tax that goes into a trust fund
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Wow, This is Pretty Epic

Generally, once partisan, tendentious sources leak information that turns out to be wrong, nothing’s ever done about it. That’s for many reasons, some good or somewhat understandable, mostly bad. But on CBS Evening News tonight, Major Garrett did something I don’t feel like I’ve seen in a really long time or maybe ever on a network news cast. He basically said straight out: Republicans told us these were the quotes, that wasn’t true.

MAJOR GARRETT: Scott, Republicans have claimed that the State Department under Hillary Clinton was trying to protect itself from criticism. The White House released the real e-mails late yesterday and here’s what we found when we compared them to the quotes that had been provided by Republicans. One e-mail was written by Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes. On Friday, Republicans leaked what they said was a quote from Rhodes.“We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation.” But it turns out, in the actual e-mail Rhodes did not mention the State Department. It read “We need to resolve this in a way that respects all the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.” Republicans also provided what they said was a quote from an e-mail written by State Department Spokesman Victoria Nuland. The Republican version notes Nuland discussing:“The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda’s presence and activities of al-Qaeda.” The actual e-mail from Nuland says: the “…penultimate point could be abused by Members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings…” The C.I.A. agreed with the concerns raised by the State Department and revised the talking points to make them less specific than the C.I.A.’s original version, eliminating references to al-Qaeda and affiliates and earlier security warnings. There is no evidence, Scott, the White House orchestrated these changes.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/05...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Says one who linked FOX and Townhall as, cough, proof.
Talk about getting played.
It's Friday so you may have to continue embarrassing yourself until next week when the learn the ID of the (R) congressional
aide who duped the media.
I'm sure sonic will put the correct details up.
BTW at least 32 dead overnight in Sunni Mosque bombing in, where else, Iraq. Those folks are really loving their freedom!
And the surviving Boston Marathon bomber scrolled a note that their acts were vengeance for our wars on Muslims, saying when you kill one Muslim, you kill them all. Hell they're doing a pretty good job of killing each other off, we dont' have to do a damn thing.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
There is many reasons why Holder should resign. He is becoming a problem for the Obama admin
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

CBS Evening News Highlights Collapse Of Right Wing Scandal Mongering Over Benghazi Talking Points

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/05/16/cbs-...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
The emails were altered, don't you read/watch anything but FOX?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/repu...
Reading comprehension is not your forte?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They can gf themselves.
and it's not like they don't know how to do that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> A better question is why isn't the mass media covering five major stories that's impacting all Americans more? 1. Carbon pollution reaches historic highs, threatening human existence. 2. The devastating impact of sequestration on kids, cancer patients and first responders.3. Massive cuts to food stamps for the most vulnerable Americans.4. 1100 workers die in garment factory collapse in Bangladesh and most American retailers plan business as usual.5. 4,000 gun deaths due to gun violence since Newtown. http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/05/17/...
Cuz it's more fun to talk about impeaching the President. They don't give a damn about poor people, or cancer patients, or pollution or workers! They want to eliminate foodstamps and welfare and medicaide and medicare and the epa and minimum wage, those things get in the way of profits! So a few thousand Bangladeshis got killed or maimed? Who cares? Plenty more where they came from, no one forced them to do that work, that's their problem.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The type of tax exempt status these groups were seeking are for groups that advocate for social issues. Not political.
They can do political activities but this cannot be their major endeavor.
The Red Cross advocates for their health services , they do not endorse candidates (as far as I know), and no one ran for office on the Red Cross ticket.
The AARP advocates for older people. They push issues that effect older people.
It is all political Davey

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search