Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276648 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905195 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You can't find enough facts to prove that you're right so now you've resorted to being the Topix soothsayer? I hope that you tell peoples' fortunes better then you talk politics ; or do you do both about the same, horribly obtuse?
Common sense is all that's required. No telling fortunes necessary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905196 May 17, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you show your absolute retardedness.
Deficit has decreased dramatically....set to be about 650 billion this year, compare that to Bush's 1.3 TRILLION.
One reason for the drop??? Lower healthcare spending.
Is there anyone more misinformed than Lorac?
Do you care to cite something that supports these claims?

WARNING, WARNING ...asking for government stats not a political site

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905197 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> No, because Nixon refusal to release the tapes was more like George W Bush's refusal to release subpoenaed correspondence between the Bush White House and Enron Chairman Ken Lay to Henry Waxman's investigation of Enron's influence on the Bush energy policy. Check this out: http://www.buzzflash.com/interviews/2001/12/H...
Aunt Bettie Lou, how can you make icon judgements Before you even read the facts? That's dishonest.:-/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905198 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the $64,000 question. Or, rather, the trillions of dollars Obamacare deficit question.
The IRS is going to know if liberals and conservatives alike have hemorrhoids.
That's fixing the health care crisis all right!
The IRS will check your political contributions before approving your heart surgery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905199 May 17, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
"Some question whether AP leak on al-Qaeda plot put U.S. at risk
By Carol D. Leonnig and Julie Tate, Published: May 15
For five days, reporters at the Associated Press had been sitting on a big scoop about a foiled al-Qaeda plot at the request of CIA officials. Then, in a hastily scheduled Monday morning meeting, the journalists were asked by agency officials to hold off on publishing the story for just one more day.
The CIA officials, who had initially cited national security concerns in an attempt to delay publication, no longer had those worries, according to individuals familiar with the exchange. Instead, the Obama administration was planning to announce the successful counterterrorism operation that Tuesday.
AP balked and proceeded to publish that Monday afternoon. Its May 2012 report is now at the center of a controversial and broad seizure of phone records of AP reporters’ home, office and cellphone lines. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said the unauthorized disclosure about an intelligence operation to stop al-Qaeda from detonating explosives aboard a U.S. airliner was among the most serious leaks he could remember, and justified secretly obtaining records from a handful of reporters and editors over a span of two months.
Now, some members of Congress and media advocates are questioning why the administration viewed the leak that led to the May 7 AP story as so grave.
The president’s top counterterrorism adviser at the time, John O. Brennan, had appeared on “Good Morning America” the following day to trumpet the successful operation. He said that because of the work of U.S. intelligence, the plot did not pose an active threat to the American public."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/some-q...
The Holder smoke and mirror show continues. He went after the AP because they declined to allow Obama another spike the football photo op. Disgusting.
For the record, I believe Holder didn't share this intrusion on free press with Obama, just about as much as I believe Erlichman forgot to bring Nixon up to speed on the burglary.
It's really quite an amazing tactic - just play stupid.

And even more amazing is it's actually working considering the liberal posts on here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#905200 May 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> 'not like social security where you basically pay into your account'? Every time I think you have hit a new high in stupid you manage to climb another rung. There is no account. Never was. Never will be. It's a tax just like Obamacare will be.
Funny, I get a letter from SS every now & then that informs me of what i"ve paid into the system & how much that gets me in monthly benefits.

That is my account.

I have a bank account. That doesn't mean I have a physical location in the bank where my money is.

Try to keep up Flack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#905201 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>Why wouldn't seniors want to organize after the way they lived before Social Security and Medicare existed? Seniors were once the poorest , most deprived and desolate social class in America. As Warren Rudman once said,'politics is too important to be left to the politicians.' Support AARP today!Check this out: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/norman%20ornstei...
You're responding to a woman who makes $15.00 an hour and just applied for Social Security. She's totally delusional, a water carrier for the rich.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905202 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't whine about Medicare. It is a good program.
Good grief Dave, try to follow at least your own train of thought.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905203 May 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us Aunt Batty__why do you think those Marines are stationed at the White House?
In your own words please.
Butlers?

Certainly not for security.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905204 May 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What is the purpose of the US Marine detachment at the White House?
So, it is okay for the Marines to be dishonored and used as umbrella stands?

You diss the working man and now spit on the military?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905205 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the unions go into panic mode when they found out Obamacare was just another tax law? Or was it because of the skyrocketing premiums? Or the growing confusion over the exchanges and filing for Obamacare?
They went into panic mode over something. Just don't care enough to look it up right now.
Just think it's funny for whatever reason.
Unions received an exemption from Obamacare.

Special class, friends of Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905206 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Find that post where I said those monies went into the general fund. I'll be waiting.
When all else fails.. RealDave gets into a fetal position and cries idiot...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#905207 May 17, 2013
It looks like the Democrats are recruiting bears to attack & kill people now.

Wife who can't load shotgun uses it to club bear attacking husband

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/17/wisconsi...

So what's the latest? What the most recent story where a Democrat went berserk and started killing people? Last story I heard was the black Obama voter in New Orleans who shot 19 people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905208 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And what exactly have the REpublicans ever done or attempted to do besides ignore the healthcare crisis? Your party is out of touch on almost every issue that is good for fellow Americans, that's why you will never win another election for president in the next decade or two.
There is no "healthcare crisis" and never has been.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#905209 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
AARP advocates for old people.
Republicans want to ascrew over old people by privatizing SS & making Medicare a voucher program.
Ummmmmm.
That is not being political.
Obamacare is good for seniors.
Voucher programs - not so much.
AARP is a scam. Gee I wonder why where privatized SSI programs are used people get up to 3 times the monthly return of Social Security. AARP is political. The voucher program was a good start.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#905210 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party has been a total embarrassment to the Republicans and America. Nothing more than an extention of the NRA, Bigotry, anti women and Gays. Old white fanatics at work. Thank goodness they were only a splash in the pan.
and the Jewish Organizations that supported Republicans who also weren't approved--I suppose you say the same.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905211 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They support candidates that are for helping seniors.
Under the code, it is permissible top participate in political activities but political activities cam't be your major focus.
Try to keep up
Advocating for lower taxes is educational, not political.

Except that Democrats are always for higher taxes.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#905212 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Butlers?
Certainly not for security.
Realtime & Obama think the Marines are there as Shoe Shine Boys for Obama.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905213 May 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, I get a letter from SS every now & then that informs me of what i"ve paid into the system & how much that gets me in monthly benefits.
That is my account.
I have a bank account. That doesn't mean I have a physical location in the bank where my money is.
Try to keep up Flack.
Good grief Dave, it is not an IRA where your monies is tucked into a special account named 'Davey'. It is a tax and people can withdraw more than they put in. It can also go bankrupt.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#905214 May 17, 2013
<quoted text> Aunt Bettie Lou, how can you make icon judgements Before you even read the facts? That's dishonest.:-/
dishonest?? Obama bin Lying...

Chris Matthews: Obama Likes Giving Speeches More Than He Likes Leading.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min Red_Forman 6,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 3 min PEllen 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,538
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min PEllen 100,636
Dear Abby 9-1-15 21 min PEllen 1
News The Chicago hunger strike for Dyett High School... 41 min reality is a crutch 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Joe Balls 196,922
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages