Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
830,841 - 830,860 of 1,100,050 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#904752 May 16, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer...
What social welfare are all these Tea Party groups involved in that they should be tax exempt?
The same thing could be asked of many left sites. Try to figure it out-show us you are not an idiot.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#904753 May 16, 2013
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? You give a bunch of different stories that all reference one unsourced story.
Unnamed sources "said he said"
The only cables that have been revealed demonstrate Stevens wanted help.
Idiot thinks that if he uses multiple sources pointing to one article with an unname source it has sudden magical powers.

UNname source is not part of the official record
Whatever

Gering, NE

#904754 May 16, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You morans predicted Fast & Furious would sink him and Holder.
It's called GOP overreach.
GOP is as popular as head lice.
Keep your head up your ass.
You've never been right.
Idiot, it appears you are overreaching.

I hope you like the sound of dripping as it appears that the bad news about the overreaching of this admin will be steady to the end.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#904755 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I found another scandal for you Battie, take a look!! I'd love to hear your thoughts!!
Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims -
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5758494...
WH Benghazi emails have different quotes than earlier reportedBy Major Garrett
Oh duh, who do you and CBS think she was talking about? Her and her hubbie's opinions. Use some common sense
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904757 May 16, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the group deserve tax exempt status?
Why are labor unions tax-exempt?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904758 May 16, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
Still waiting to hear what social welfare Tea Turd groups were involved in that they should be given tax exempt status.
IRS person in charge of targeting Conservative political action groups is now in charge of Obamacare enforcement.

Fire her ass!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904759 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope this helps you out Battie!!
Late Benghazi US Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down offers of more security — twice: report
New York Daily News &#8206;- 1 day ago
The American Ambassador killed last Sept. 11 in a brutal attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi refused offers for more security at the ...
Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security ...
www.mcclatchydc.com/.../amb-stevens-twice-sai... ;
2 days ago – In the month before attackers stormed U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens twice turned down offers of security later on a nearby CIA annex, where two security contractors,...
politicalhotwire.com/.../86766-late-benghazi-... Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down ...
Daily News ...
Report: Officials say Stevens turned down extra Benghazi security ...22 hours ago – Read more: Late Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down offers of more security ? twice: report - NY
thehill.com/.../299807-report-officials-say-s... ;
by Jonathan Easley - in 36 Google+ circles
2 days ago – U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, who died with three other Americans in last year's attack in Benghazi, Libya, turned down offers of additional ... in the region” twice approached Stevens with the offer, and Stevens twice declined.... of the attack, questioning whether more resources could have been ...
Ambassador Stevens Twice Said No To Military Offers Of More ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/.../chris-stevens... ;
2 days ago –... U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens twice turned down offers of security assistance ...
Late Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down ...
newyork.cityandpress.com/node/6264810&#82... ;
Late Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down offers of more security — twice: report. Daily News. 48 min ago. The American Ambassador ...
Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security ...
www.miamiherald.com › News › World › World Wires&#8206;
2 days ago – In the month before attackers stormed U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens twice turned down offers of ... died of smoke inhalation in the first of two attacks that took place late Sept.... congressional hearings and reports that have been issued into what ...
Report: Christopher Stevens declined security - Kevin Cirilli ...- Politico
www.politico.com/.../report-stevens-declined-... ;
by Kevin Cirilli - in 64 Google+ circles
1 day ago – U.S. ambassador Christopher Stevens — one of the four people killed in ... 11, 2012, terrorist attack at in the U.S. post in Benghazi, Libya — twice declined a senior U.S.... and Ham told Stevens he could provide him more military security.
Report says Stevens turned down security offer -
WorldNetDaily
www.wnd.com/2013/05/report-says-stevens-turne... ;
1 day ago – Late Benghazi U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens turned down offers of more security — twice: report - NY Daily News. The American ...
Your sources are a joke. They all point back to one article on one website and most just reported "it is being reported" and weren't actually reporting it. You obviously didn't read several of the sites you posted all the way through. The ones that were skeptical and the one that offered an explanation that if Stephens HAD turned down security, it was because he knew it was expected of him from the State Department.

Maybe you should read your own sources first before posting them.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#904760 May 16, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the more popular ex Pres.
Clinton, or Bush?
Who do you think is more trusted by a majority of Americans, Lorac?
I am Prom King-look at me?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904761 May 16, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You morans predicted Fast & Furious would sink him and Holder.
It's called GOP overreach.
GOP is as popular as head lice.
Keep your head up your ass.
You've never been right.
Holder is finished, for numerous reasons.

Mostly because Obama needs to offer a significant sacrifice.

The name of the game now for Obama is saving his own ass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904762 May 16, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>So, you're saying that Obama is Pro-business. That's good for republicans too.
Obama favors his corporate cronies, a relatively small circle.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#904763 May 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew recently testified before Congress that the IRS had approximately 700 full-time equivalent staff working on Obamacare implementation
According to a story by Courthousenews.com , an unnamed healthcare provider in California is suing the IRS and 15 unnamed agents, alleging that they improperly seized some 60 million medical records of 10 million Americans, including medical records of all California state judges on March 11, 2011.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013...
This happened before the implementing of Obamacare.
Don't Progressives care a hoot about their privacy?
Believe me if the IRS seized records in California, they seized them in more states. I haven't been to a doctor in this country for over 13 years-so I am 'assuming' mine haven't been seized, but you never know. It is frightening and down right un-American.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904764 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians believe there's something beyond this life - no matter our political persuasians.
Too many people confuse politics with faith. They are as different as night and day.
You and I can agree on matters of faith even though we're on the opposite sides of the fence politically. There are those on my side of the fence and on your side who don't agree with either of us on matters of faith but share our views on politics.
Those on my side of the fence see government's purpose as overseeing and managing the affairs of government. Our purpose is to manage ourselves and look after each other.
Those on your side see government as being able to manage themselves and us.
Apparently, no one is going to cross over to the other side. But it IS a political fence. It doesn't separate believers on both sides.
Faith is overrated.

Each individual is in control of their own destiny, not some Sky Pilot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904765 May 16, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer...
What social welfare are all these Tea Party groups involved in that they should be tax exempt?
Political issue advocacy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904766 May 16, 2013
the new scandal.

Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

One day after The White House released 100 pages of Benghazi emails, a report has surfaced alleging that Republicans released a set with altered text.

CBS News reported Thursday that leaked versions sent out by the GOP last Friday had visible differences than Wednesday's official batch. Two correspondences that were singled out in the report came from National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes and State Department Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland.

The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

The GOP version of Nuland's comment, according to CBS News: The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda's presence and activities of al-Qaeda."

The White House email: "The penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings."

The news parallels a Tuesday CNN report which initially introduced the contradiction between what was revealed in a White House Benghazi email version, versus what was reported in media outlets. On Monday, Mother Jones noted that the Republicans' interim report included the correct version of the emails, signaling that more malice and less incompetence may have been at play with the alleged alterations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/repu...

will anyone be surprised?
do your homework

Mineola, NY

#904767 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sources are a joke. They all point back to one article on one website and most just reported "it is being reported" and weren't actually reporting it. You obviously didn't read several of the sites you posted all the way through. The ones that were skeptical and the one that offered an explanation that if Stephens HAD turned down security, it was because he knew it was expected of him from the State Department.
Maybe you should read your own sources first before posting them.
Show's over folks, move along.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#904769 May 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama favors his corporate cronies, a relatively small circle.
A rising tide floats all the boats.

But the Magic Negro keeps a private pool filled for his cronies.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904770 May 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I want to know the reason the ambassador was there-no one seems to be able to answer that simple question. What the hell was he doing there?
This president and his entire administration remind me of teenagers who get into trouble, get caught, and then keep telling the same vague story over and over again even though the evidence is clear nothing adds up.

Most of us just know when teenagers are hiding something no matter how hard they try to make us believe they're innocent.

That's exactly what they remind me of. A bunch of teenagers who think they can outsmart everyone.

Some people are just pushovers and too gullible. The ones the teenagers laugh at behind their backs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904771 May 16, 2013
BUSTED!!! Republicans caught altering Benghazi e-mails

Republicans have been caught red-handed altering official e-mails sent in the immediate aftermath of the Benghazi attack. I'm not surprised that Republicans would pull such a stunt, after all, it was the Republicans who misled this country into the Iraq War!

Now, can we talk about the REAL Benghazi scandal...you know, the one about Republicans altering e-mails?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/16/1209...

i think the Republicans have been watching FOX a bit too much.

note to Republicans....FOX is for losers.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#904772 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Show's over folks, move along.
You are looking forward to impeachment?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904773 May 16, 2013
It's Official: Those Bogus Email Leaks Came From Republicans

It's not as if we didn't know this already, but today Major Garrett made it official: the leaks that misquoted the Benghazi emails came directly from Republicans.

So here's what happened. Republicans in Congress saw copies of these emails two months ago and did nothing with them. It was obvious that they showed little more than routine interagency haggling. Then, riding high after last week's Benghazi hearings, someone got the bright idea of leaking two isolated tidbits and mischaracterizing them in an effort to make the State Department look bad. Apparently they figured it was a twofer: they could stick a shiv into the belly of the White House and they could then badger them to release the entire email chain, knowing they never would.

But it was typical GOP overreach. To their surprise, the White House took Republicans up on their demand to make the entire email chain public, thus making it clear to the press that they had been burned. And now reporters are letting us all know who was behind it.

This has always been the Republican Party's biggest risk with this stuff: that they don't know when to quit. On Benghazi, when it became obvious that they didn't have a smoking gun, they got desperate and tried to invent one. On the IRS, their problem is that Democrats are as outraged as they are. This will force them to make ever more outrageous accusations in an effort to find some way to draw a contrast. And on the AP phone records, they have to continually dance around the fact that they basically approve of subpoenas like this.

A sane party would take a deep breath and decide to move on to other things. But the tea partiers have the scent of blood now, and it's driving them crazy. Thus the spectacle of Michele Bachmann suggesting today that it's time to start impeachment proceedings.

The GOP's adults can't keep their lunatic fringe on a leash, which means it's only a matter of time until they make fools of themselves on all three of the pseudoscandals that are cucurrently lighting up the airwaves. The Republicans have met the enemy, and it is them.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/05...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min LRS 177,366
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min David Morrison 97,928
Abby 8-29 40 min Kuuipo 9
Amy 8-29 47 min Sublime1 11
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 47 min KARAM BALOCH 33
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 49,473
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,364
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs