Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252061 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905111 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides are calling for the release of all emails.
I'm sure you are too so it will finally clear up the confusion this administration seems to relish.
Sure carol, let's all pretend that you have an open mind, and will accept the facts if they don't agree with your party.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#905112 May 17, 2013
You can expect Obama to be as forthcoming about the IRS scandal as he was with fast-and-furious an Beghazi. In fact he promised it.

I guess stonewalling and obstruction is his way of cooperating.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#905113 May 17, 2013
BlueFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
The law says "exclusive" purpose is social welfare. The IRS unilaterally changed the interpretation of the law to be "primary" purpose is social welfare. That in no way lets Rove off the hook, he's guilty of tax fraud and should go to jail.
I'm not sure what you mean__are you saying that American Crossroads, a pure lobbying enterprise, is a 501 (c)(4)?

The effects of the Citizens United ruling was far reaching.

Whatever__as time passes we'll learn that many of these local TeaParty and 9/12 groups are in default__just mutts looking to score donations from dummies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905114 May 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No a flat tax will still require the IRS. The prebate goes to everyone for their family up to the poverty line. Every one gets it.
Still leaves half the population with no skin in the game and thus no incentive to control government spending.

Fair tax is OK without the pre-bate.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905115 May 17, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
You WILL accept gays and lesbians marriage. And if your pastor refuses to marry Gay or Lesbian couple the pastor will be thrown into FEDERAL prison.
Soon, you will see priests and pastors in jail for refusing to marry gays and lesbians.
Liberals will enjoy and applaud the government that does that in a fair and just world!!!
Fanaticism and paranoia at its worst. It's your party that persists in putting religion into everything. All religions are the scourage of the earth...PERIOD. History shows that to be true.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905116 May 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
so we have confirmation that a GOP FOXbot changed those emails.
there is no mention of the story on the right wing nutjob sites.
so there ya go.
This is a non-story except in your mind and a few Soros propaganda outlets.

Just another Obama attempt to hide the truth.

Since: May 13

United States

#905117 May 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>So the indisputable fact that Saddam not only had WMDs but used them on innocents and had the determination and capability to use them again when the world wasn't watching doesn't concern you?

How about the indisputable fact that he paid the families of suicide bombers to kill our soldiers?

Did you think Saddam was going to change just because the UN gave him a hard time?

If we had not taken down Saddam, whose problem would he be now?
Iraq would had fallen to Al Queda.

Al Queda would had secretly undermined and eventually eliminated Saddam, He was not radical enough, and Iran would had taken over Iraq.

Bush ONLY slowdown the take over because now Iran will STILL take over Iran, it is just a matter of time!!!

As soon as Iran really gets the nuke, it will behave erratic. I do NOT know if Israel will attack or not, but I do know that Iran will definitively take over Iraq.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905118 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't seniors want to organize after the way they lived before Social Security and Medicare existed? Seniors were once the poorest , most deprived and desolate social class in America. As Warren Rudman once said,'politics is too important to be left to the politicians.' Support AARP today!Check this out: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/norman%20ornstei...
AARP support of Obamacare is a knife in the back of senior citizens.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905119 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
One can see a real pattern here with any rightie bent twist and lie, tell us about all of the worker programs and bills to help women , the poor or anyone that the Republicans have ever initiated or approved? Also while you are at it why has every recession and depression in our history came after an eight year reign of Republicans?
The real pattern here is the left keeps throwing up Smoke Screens -let us overlook the false claim that emails were physically altered- trying lamely to defend actions that shouldn't be defended.

Real diss the working man
You posted a homophobic post directed to me

Who knows-including you, yourself-what you believe or stand for as you are chasing squirrels furiously trying to confuse reality -at least in your own minds.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#905120 May 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that because the AARP is run by liberal sheep? You would think they would at least attempt to appear apolitical.
Yes and I agree.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905121 May 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's play "Guess the Sock" with BlueFlag.
Which of the usual suspects is this?
Hmmm, Blue Flag and another poster here are both trying to defend false flags put up by Sonic

United States

#905122 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>One can see a real pattern here with any rightie bent twist and lie, tell us about all of the worker programs and bills to help women , the poor or anyone that the Republicans have ever initiated or approved? Also while you are at it why has every recession and depression in our history came after an eight year reign of Republicans?
Do you still say that the Boston bombing was a Tea Partier?

How does it feels to be wrong all the time?

It had already been founder that the depression was cause by you Liberals forcing banks to give our subprime mortgages to irresponsible Liberals like you that did not qualify.

You still believe Sarah Palin orders the shooting of Gifford, because you are Always wrong.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905123 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the pics of Obama in the Situation Room, deeply concern over what was happening in Libya. Yes, that is right, there is none. Obama saw no political advantage in the situation so stayed away.
Don't think there was any WH or State Department "activity" that normally would have involved the Department of Defense and senior military commanders.

Valerie Jarrett called an urgent meeting to figure out the most plausible lie so the president could go about his routine of campaigning and fundraising.

She probably packed his little lunch the next day, gave him the speech she had stayed up late writing for him the night before, kissed him goodbye ever so sweetly on the cheek and waved lovingly on the tarmac as she watched him fly off toward the City of Lights.

If anyone doesn't believe Valerie Jarrett is the "anonymous architect" behind this entire coverup, they are truly the easily fooled.

United States

#905124 May 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
You can expect Obama to be as forthcoming about the IRS scandal as he was with fast-and-furious an Beghazi. In fact he promised it.

I guess stonewalling and obstruction is his way of cooperating.
IRS whistle blower threatened if the speak up about the scandal.

Just like the ones in the State Department.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#905125 May 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, most likely what's being 'hid' is idle chit-chat(the same stuff we all put in most of our e-mails) See-: Climategate (another fake 'scandal)
You know, this whole not releasing all the emails standoff reminds me of the Nixon tapes. You too?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#905126 May 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure what you mean_.....
You never do
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#905127 May 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
One can see a real pattern here with any rightie bent twist and lie, tell us about all of the worker programs and bills to help women , the poor or anyone that the Republicans have ever initiated or approved? Also while you are at it why has every recession and depression in our history came after an eight year reign of Republicans?
Abe Lincoln disagrees with you.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#905128 May 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to claim that the Dems are not trying to back step Obamacare?
"Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) called on governors to expand their Medicaid programs Thursday, declaring that healthcare is a "right guaranteed to all, not a privilege for the few."..."The Affordable Care Act saw its obituary written several times over," she said. "We kept pushing forward. We knew this might be our generation's last chance to achieve what had eluded so many generations before."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#905129 May 17, 2013
LiberalsAreHypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you still say that the Boston bombing was a Tea Partier?
How does it feels to be wrong all the time?
It had already been founder that the depression was cause by you Liberals forcing banks to give our subprime mortgages to irresponsible Liberals like you that did not qualify.
You still believe Sarah Palin orders the shooting of Gifford, because you are Always wrong.
I have never said or agreed with any of those things...So what does that make you? I agree that Palin was and is an idiot, and pretty much showed that you baggers will follow an orangutan as long as there is an "R" attached.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#905130 May 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ask any Johnny Lunchbucket what they make and that's likely what you'll hear Flacko__good for you.
Sure that was your attitude toward hardworking people when you ripped them off for your crummy used cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Enter 192,385
Another Centralia, IL Police Scandal: Officer ... 29 min Counselor48 1
Ask Amy 7-5-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 5 hr Dave 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Analog man 6,147
In Summer Please Help Me ribeye steak is best f... 6 hr MyChicagoSteak 1
Dear Abby 7-5-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages