Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
do your homework

Mineola, NY

#904540 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's more Democrats are starting to tell the truth about Obamacare.
What you believe is usually wrong Battie. Have you or Fox found another scandal yet? The clock is ticking.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#904541 May 16, 2013
You can trust me!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#904542 May 16, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Okay since we know Hillary will be our next president, any thoughts on who her VP will be?
What do you all think?
Oh and good morning/afternoon everyone.
Elizabeth Warren
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#904543 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you, John Galt.
The left has their share of fundamentalist Christians even if more of them deny their beliefs for party loyalty.
So take that back.
I expect much more from you than this kind of drivel that usually comes from the progressive loons.
Galt is right on this; you should listen to him.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#904545 May 16, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, all wishful thinking on your part, Hillary will definitely be our next president. In fact she may win in a landslide.
Interesting that they're calling Hillary an old lady; how old is Mitt Romney? How old was John McCain? Ronald Reagan?

Means nothing.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#904547 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>See if you can follow along here doll. The US "mission" in Benghazi was attacked resulting in the deaths of two state department employees.
Hours later another compound in Benghazi was attacked resulting in the deaths of two American persons whose presence in Libya remains a mystery.
No one in government is willing to finish the story__Hmmph.
You have to admit Realtime - Obama, Hillary, Susan Rice and Carney do what they do best is LIE.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#904548 May 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Homer qualify?
Seriously, there cannot ever again be a Democrat ticket without an African-American.
Maybe Deval Patrick, definitely A-A and perhaps.....
they're holding fundraisers for Tawayna Brawley. she is so good at lying, she'd be a natural to run on the Dem ticket as VP with other elect-me-cause-i'm-black Democrats: David Do Nothing Dinkins or David Clueless Patterson.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#904549 May 16, 2013
Governor Martin O'Malley signed the sweeping gun control measure Thursday. Under the new legislation, which the governor helped push through the General Assembly, anyone buying a handgun will have to submit fingerprints to obtain a license. The bill also bans 45 types of assault weapons, but those who own the weapons before the law goes into effect will be allowed to keep them.
Gun magazines will be limited to 10 bullets, gun ownership by people who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health facility will be banned, and Maryland State Police will be able to suspend the licenses of gun dealers who fail to comply with recordkeeping obligations.

Nice! Martin O'Malley for VP with Hillary Clinton!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904550 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fruitless posturing, something you seem to be familiar with too. They won't be successful and they know it.So it's a waste of money. Even the CBO can't be bothered. Lol. Symbolic votes are one thing. The House has spent about $55 MILLION so far voting to repeal Obamacare. Lol. You are a duplicitous hypocrite Batty!
They know they won't have a chance in Haiti of winning next November after Obamacare kicks in January unless they start undoing the damage now.

Max Baucus, a democrat who helped write Obamacare, called it "a train wreck that is coming" announcing he won't be running again.

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, a democrat and architect of Obamacare, said "it is beyond comprehension" and way too complex stating "if it isn't done right the first time, it will just simply get worse."

Even Kathleen Sebelius, Health and Human Services Secretary, publicly expressed her concern about her party's underestimating the confusion surrounding Obamacare the closer it gets.

The Democrats have no choice but to start bailing.

It wouldn't even be an issue now if Romney had won the presidency and a few more Republicans had won back the Senate.

But here we are and everyone is starting to panic - especially Democrats.
Lincoln

United States

#904551 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you, John Galt.
The left has their share of fundamentalist Christians even if more of them deny their beliefs for party loyalty.
So take that back.
I expect much more from you than this kind of drivel that usually comes from the progressive loons.
Libertarian do not care much for anyone else.

"Am I my brother's Keeper?" was answered by Ann Rand as NO

Not until Ann Rand needed Medicare then her tune changed

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904552 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>See if you can follow along here doll. The US "mission" in Benghazi was attacked resulting in the deaths of two state department employees.
Hours later another compound in Benghazi was attacked resulting in the deaths of two American persons whose presence in Libya remains a mystery.
No one in government is willing to finish the story__Hmmph.
I get it G.I. Joe. No one in government is willing to finish the story.

Isn't that what you DON'T get?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#904554 May 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all you baggers should be treated as foreign agents.
A second appeals court has ruled that Obama's NLRB recess appointments
were invalid. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit posted the 2-1 decision today.
Poor poor pitiful O'bama.
do your homework

Mineola, NY

#904556 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
They know they won't have a chance in Haiti of winning next November after Obamacare kicks in January unless they start undoing the damage now.
Max Baucus, a democrat who helped write Obamacare, called it "a train wreck that is coming" announcing he won't be running again.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller, a democrat and architect of Obamacare, said "it is beyond comprehension" and way too complex stating "if it isn't done right the first time, it will just simply get worse."
Even Kathleen Sebelius, Health and Human Services Secretary, publicly expressed her concern about her party's underestimating the confusion surrounding Obamacare the closer it gets.
The Democrats have no choice but to start bailing.
It wouldn't even be an issue now if Romney had won the presidency and a few more Republicans had won back the Senate.
But here we are and everyone is starting to panic - especially Democrats.
It's not going anywhere. A waste of $55 million. If all we did was periodically hold symbolic votes to repeal legislation that was passed years ago by previous sessions of Congress, we would never get anything done. Oh,,wait....
Lincoln

United States

#904557 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
They know they won't have a chance in Haiti of winning next November after Obamacare kicks in January unless they start undoing the damage now.......
" I am my Brother's Keeper"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#904558 May 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let's take Florida (or any other state), and draw parallel lines in N-S or E-W grids of absolutely identical population sizes.
Iowa has something like that and it doesn't work either. Rural folks tend to be more conservative and the closer to the cities (urban areas) the less conservative voters become. Nothing new there.

Political balance is important so a little fudging is necessary to maintain that balance__I get that.

When Reagan and Bush One started palling around with the likes of Ralph Reed the balance was tipped when a bunch of high voltage Christian yayhoos came under the "Big (R) Tent" from only God knows where.

Dummies and Holy Rollers the house!

Beginning of the end for the Republican party IMO.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#904559 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When your candidate says the word "Benghazi" the audience will break out in laughter recalling how the Republicans made such asses out of themselves by taking a tragic situation & trying to twist it into political gain.
Well Real Stupid I don't believe with dead patriots left in the streets I really don't believe anyone at any time will be laughing.
How about if one of the dead was your son? Would you still be saying shit like this? I think not.
If we don't hold those responsible for this to account it will surely happen again especially with this wimp we have in the White House.
You really don't sound too smart even for a demorat hack.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#904560 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Iowa has something like that and it doesn't work either. Rural folks tend to be more conservative and the closer to the cities (urban areas) the less conservative voters become. Nothing new there.
Political balance is important so a little fudging is necessary to maintain that balance__I get that.
When Reagan and Bush One started palling around with the likes of Ralph Reed the balance was tipped when a bunch of high voltage Christian yayhoos came under the "Big (R) Tent" from only God knows where.
Dummies and Holy Rollers the house!
Beginning of the end for the Republican party IMO.
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's Realtime... The lame stream media will sooner or later, eventually throw obama under the bus.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904561 May 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is right on this; you should listen to him.
So you also believe there are no Christians, fundamentalists or otherwise, on your side of the fence?

Being blinded by party loyalty doesn't mean their beliefs are different than conservative Christians'. We just walk the walk.

Many black churches have begun to talk the talk AND walk the walk.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#904562 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So you also believe there are no Christians, fundamentalists or otherwise, on your side of the fence?
Being blinded by party loyalty doesn't mean their beliefs are different than conservative Christians'. We just walk the walk.
Many black churches have begun to talk the talk AND walk the walk.
That's not what he said, and that's not the point. You suffer from reading comprehension issues. You are blinded by party loyalty; hell you'll be the last woman standing defending Bush.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904563 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
" I am my Brother's Keeper"
The key word is "I". Not "Obama" and "big government".

Safety nets have always been there and will always be there.

Government dependency as a lifestyle is not a safety net and is not being anybody's brother's keeper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-24 22 min pde 18
Abby 10-23-14 22 min Sublime1 8
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 44 min Le Jimbo 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Learn to Read 179,402
Amy 10-24 1 hr PEllen 7
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,659
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Jonah1 50,630
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]