Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904491 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fun fact for you Battie, House Republicans hold their 37th vote to repeal Obamacare today. Current cost of those 37 votes?
$55 million.
And let’s not forget the only reason they’re wasting the time and money on today’s vote is because the freshmen demand it!!!!!
Awesome isn't it Battie? ;)
You probably don't know Democrats are helping Republicans repeal parts of Obamacare.

They want to be reelected. Obama's election days are over so they don't have to keep defending this monstrosity anymore.

Anyway,$55 million - if they are successful in repealing it - is a drop in the bucket compared to what it's going to cost us if it isn't.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#904492 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Budgets every year & it took us from a surplus to the worst recession in 80 years.
Are you sure you want to argue how budgets are the answer?
Do you ever say anything and not lie? I do believe you lie almost... almost as much as Obama.

Tell us your assessment of the impact of the dot-com bust.

Tell us your assessment of the impact on the war the Arabs started with us.

Tell us how the Republicans managed to kick the shit out of the Arabs after they started a war with us, and during that war they turned over to the Democrats a 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit, and had added only 3.5 trillion dollars to the total debt while fighting a global war.
Tell us what the Democrats did to the deficit and debt since.

... well?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#904493 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering your ignorant, and idiotic, responses, you should have stayed out of the discussion.
Valerie Plame was solely responsible for verification of all intelligence given to the president on Iraq's WMD programs.
But unverified intel did go to the President & he used intel that Plame had not verified.

Your complete argument assumes that all CIA intel regarding WMD had to be approved by Plame before the President saw it.

Just ridiculous is this assumption? Does the President know that there are reports that Syria used wmds? But these reports were not yet confirmed to be true.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#904494 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't go awry. The facts were carefully changed and worded to keep scrutiny off of Obama in the upcoming election and protect Hillary's chances in 2016.
Boy, some of you liberals are really thick-headed.
Hide and watch babe__the only thing that's kept the Benghazi story alive this long is the willingness or your ilk to follow along with the conspiracy crowd.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#904496 May 16, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
I simply posted what the captain of the Wake team posted. He knew all the members and knew none of them were as stoopid as you are.
Peace
KMA
Once again we witness another lie from you...You posted what Galt said not any captain from the team. If you can show me where any player on that team said that I will never post again and will fly to Spokane at Stockton's bar and leave a $1,000 just for you..Now put up or admit you are a liar...A lousy one at that. I dare you!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904497 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gerrymandering continues and this past election cycle it was responsible for Florida (R) US Housemember Sandy Adams losing her seat to (R) John Mica__Hah. It also brought (D)Alan Grayson back into congress and cost Allen West his place in history.
Both West and Adams were TeaParty candidates who were fcd by the fickled finger of (R) gerrymandering fate.
So, let's take Florida (or any other state), and draw parallel lines in N-S or E-W grids of absolutely identical population sizes.

Newville, PA

#904499 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't go awry. The facts were carefully changed and worded to keep scrutiny off of Obama in the upcoming election and protect Hillary's chances in 2016.
Boy, some of you liberals are really thick-headed.

A the time, there were no facts, dumbass. We had unconfirmed reports.

Whether it was a protest that escalated or an organized terror attack has zero influence on Hillary's political future or the re-election of Barack Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904500 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't think that post through very well did you pal?
It doesn't matter it was done legally.
The guilty parties are the government officials, not the reporters, and the government officials should bear the invasion of privacy.

Perhaps they are afraid of White House calls to prostitutes.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904501 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush is NOT criticizing President Obama.
Only tea party types
It has been a long-standing tradition among American presidents to refrain from commenting on their predecessor(s) after leaving office.
Well, that was true until Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and eventually Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama.... that is provided he leaves the White House voluntarily and we don't have to go in there and drag his mooching ass out of their when his free ride is over.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904502 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know they didn't?
You're right. I assumed that Obama was telling the truth. My bad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904504 May 16, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is the amount of anglos on the dole or complacent > those that are aware and/or concerned about the course of the nation. It will be awhile yet (far beyond odumbo) that the markers will be called in (causing total collapse). Its a shame though; I welcome that scenario as soon as possible. It would be fun to see all the reatrds that are buried in their goofy phones actually try and fend for themselves for once. The sooner, the better....:-)
Galt lays the blame on the fundamentalist Christians, a narrow-minded bunch of fools who are anti-abortion leftists.

As well as the type you describe.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#904506 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think she can get elected from Leavenworth?
I don't believe inmates can vote. Which Republican could possibly beat her? Or in your case Tea Party member?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#904507 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think she can get elected from Leavenworth?
Leavenworth only houses military "MEN" only. DOOFUS.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904508 May 16, 2013
do your homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fun fact for you Battie, House Republicans hold their 37th vote to repeal Obamacare today. Current cost of those 37 votes?
$55 million.
And let’s not forget the only reason they’re wasting the time and money on today’s vote is because the freshmen demand it!!!!!
Awesome isn't it Battie? ;)
YOu mean the TEA Party.
The RINOs are no different than the Democrats who think ObamaKare is great for us but don't want any part of it anywhere near themselves.
The biggest plus for keeping ObamaKare to the Democrats (including RINO Democrats) is it is a fantastic vehicle for taxation to generate revenue that can be used for any other purpose other than ObamaKare. There is nothing in ObamaKare that mandates the taxes collected by ObamaKare be used to implement ObamaKare.
You people were duped... a-f**k*ng-gain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#904510 May 16, 2013
Can't imagine anyone NOT thinking there'd have to be a few thousand emails about something of this magnitude between the CIA, State Department and the WH.

Releasing 100 emails is like firing the IRS commissioner one month before he was going to resign anyway thinking that would fix everything.

<psst...listen up people...we're not in Kansas anymore...>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904511 May 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've seen it.
Cheney is still a hypocritical lying POS. he's the last person who should be attacking Obama for anything.
Got some examples of some lies from Cheney? He did admit he shot a lawyer. Even you have to love him for that... unless you're some kind of a lawyer-worshipping lawyer wannabe.

Newville, PA

#904513 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever say anything and not lie? I do believe you lie almost... almost as much as Obama.
Tell us your assessment of the impact of the dot-com bust.
Tell us your assessment of the impact on the war the Arabs started with us.
Tell us how the Republicans managed to kick the shit out of the Arabs after they started a war with us, and during that war they turned over to the Democrats a 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion dollar deficit, and had added only 3.5 trillion dollars to the total debt while fighting a global war.
Tell us what the Democrats did to the deficit and debt since.
... well?
Dot Comm bust was a minor bump in the road & hardly felt other than investment firms.

When you go to war, you don't cut taxes. We have the same wars when Obama rook office so why do you give Bush cover for the wars & not Obama?

We should not have invaded Afghanistan. We should have weakened the Taliban military & gone in to get Bin Laden using surgical strike, & air power. Invasion forced us intonation building.

Iraq was a war of choice & Bush is to blame for all the deaths & costs.

Saudi Arabia is an Arab country. Are you claiming they attacked us?

Bush was President in 2007 & 2008 & every department of the Federal Government was run by a Republican.

The money to run those wars was not in that budget. Oh wait, if the spending isn't in the budget, it doesn't matter to you. I forgot.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#904514 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what planet you're posting from, but the recession on this planet was caused by the Democrats' ludicrous Marxist CRA program, which was predicted to collapse the economy as soon as Bill Clinton began strong-arming banks into making loans to people who could not possibly pay for them.
You forgot to post the numbers, dufus. Start with what the Democrats were given in January, 2007: 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion deficit. 8.5 trillion debt. What happened after that?
I just want a Democrat to actually post some truth here for a change. Here's your chance.
You can get what you wish for only if you reciprocate or do the same thing.(Doofus! LOL)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#904515 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A the time, there were no facts, dumbass. We had unconfirmed reports.
Whether it was a protest that escalated or an organized terror attack has zero influence on Hillary's political future or the re-election of Barack Obama.
Zero influence, except that Hillary either screwed the pooch and/or outright lied about Benghazi.

The Republican candidate in 2016 will not be as timid as Romney in pressing this issue, in the unlikely event that old lady Hillary is the nominee.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904516 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The CIA and State Department were at odds over how much information the public required__there could be twenty five million e-mails__it doesn't matter.
Benghazi was a CIA operation that went awry__wasn't the first and won't be the last, deal with it.
Benghazi was an Al Qaeda attack on the United States planned earlier in the spring to kidnap a US ambassador.
yeah. I'm betting these bufoons in the White House think the public doesn't need to know anything. That's why they invented the lies Obama spewed for two weeks afterward covering up the Al Qaeda attack.
How about we see all the emails, and we determine what we need to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 24 min Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 30 min Mover 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Flo 181,863
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,262
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,100
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 49,236
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]