Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jane Says

New York, NY

#904186 May 16, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is a big proponent of the Texas secession movement. http://www.texassecede.com/
you know a lousy deal when you see it. i mean, if you had a real job in TX, chances are you wouldn't be sitting and posting on Topix for hours in between coffee truck visits. Detroit is more your style, or Newark. you could run your company's DIVERSITY program.
endtimeNews

AOL

#904187 May 16, 2013

Final Prophecies & MIDEAST WAR Ready ---

http://youtu.be/tyLAVfcckcw

Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#904188 May 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your facebook page and friends ghost are interesting too...
There you go with that obsession thingie, fool. If you really knew me you would know that I never fool around with that crap. But I love just how moronic and easily manipulated idiots like you are...Thanks by the way for being and proving just what morons baggers really are.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#904189 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner is a registered Republican elected to lead the House by other elected Republicans.
Not being a wacked out, lying, whining Tea Party moron does not mean they aren't Republican.
John Boehner is a modern pseudo liberal within the Republican Party too just like the Democrats have besides his congressional is mostly the entitlement society which is why don't care for that part of Ohio.

Poverty in John Boehner's District

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/04/12-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904190 May 16, 2013
IRS singling out of 'Tea Party' being investigated

Lerner said none of the groups subjected to extra scrutiny by the IRS has been rejected yet for tax-exempt status.

For that reason, a legal damages claim against the IRS by the conservative groups was unlikely, said Marcus Owens, a lawyer at the firm of Caplin & Drysdale.

A former IRS tax-exempt division director, Owens has since represented a range of nonprofit organizations. "It's hard to find the injury there," he said, adding that IRS scrutiny historically has focused on trying to determine if 501(c)(4) groups are politically active or not.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/10/us-...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#904191 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Still denying Adfghanistan attacked us, I see.
The only reason Al Qaeda attacked a, how did you denigrate it, "temporary rented consular building in Bumfuck Libya" was to kidnap an ambassador of the United States of America. Here's what the plan was:
The security for the ambassador would be reduced by the administration making it easier to kidnap the ambassador. During the attack, the White House (Vallerie Jarrett) would issue orders with presidential authority to stand down any US Armed Forces assets that were pre-positioned specifically to respond to specifically a terrorist attack specifically on our embassy specifically in Libya. Then, the White House would lie to cover up Al Qaeda's involvement while the network "news" programs would mislead the country concentrating on where Stevens was, what condition he was in, and the progress of the "negotiations" with the Muslim Brotherhood, who has a permenant presence in the White House, to exchange Stevens for that terrorist blind sheik in prison for attempting to murder 30 THOUSAND Americans.
However, Plan A went wrong and the ambassador died of smoke inhalation when Al Qaeda tried to smoke him out of the room he baricaded himself in.
And, just like Al Bundy, nobody in the White House had a plan B.
Even you have to laugh at the bufoonery in the White House today.
I'd laugh if it were happening in some other country.
That's the most insane fiction I've ever heard! The CIA have been known to execute these type of operations. Why would Obama need Al Qaeda to do what he has the power to order his own people to do? It's not like Al Qaeda was losing men during the attack. They had no need to smoke him out. They has grenades, RPGs& assault weapons. If they wanted Stevens, they would've got him alive. It's not like he was armed!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#904193 May 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats had a super majority in the Senate for about 6 months during 2009.
The first derivative of the deficit being negative would indicate that the deficit is decreasing.
The second derivative being zero would meant that the decrease is a constant. Wouldn't you want the second derivative to be negative that would show the rate of the decreases to be increasing? i.e ever year we decrease the deficit by a higher amount?
Just checking,. I mean , I am sure you, being a pretend engineer, you probably think you actually know something about calculus.
BTW, deficits spiked in 2009 & have been basically decreasing.
If you look at these graph, the first derivative would be negative ,.
This makes you both an idiot & a liar.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_d...
Look at the first derivative of both debt and deficit. Tell us about how the first derivative has a large positive magnitude while the Democrats have a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House. Look at the second derivative. You'll discover the debt and deficit are not only increasing, but there is an accelleration component. Now, tell us how the first derivative of the deficit actually becomes zero after the TEA Party begins to influence Congress, and the first derivative of the debt becomes a constant, and the second derivative becomes zero.
What we need is for the first derivative of the deficit to be negative. We can survive with a negative first derivative and a second derivative of zero. With a positive second derivative of the debt, anyone can tell you that government is certain to collapse.

In short, the TEA Party saved the country.

You seem to confuse the basic properties of arithmetic with being applicable to differential equations.
A negative second derivative does not make the result of the equation positive when the first derivative is also negative. A negative first derivative with a zero second derivative produces a constant decline, which is what we need.

Now, back to the subject you are avoiding:

Tell us about your calculations of the first and second derivatives of the debt and deficit before and after the TEA Party began to influence Congress.

The TEA Party saved the country should be your conclusion if you know how to do differential equations.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#904194 May 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with that obsession thingie, fool. If you really knew me you would know that I never fool around with that crap. But I love just how moronic and easily manipulated idiots like you are...Thanks by the way for being and proving just what morons baggers really are.
Sure you idiot... Robert and Julia know you are a pain in the butt... Hell you caused all kinds of problems with their construction business because you were an idiot ghost...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#904195 May 16, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>John Boehner is a modern pseudo liberal within the Republican Party too just like the Democrats have besides his congressional is mostly the entitlement society which is why don't care for that part of Ohio.
Poverty in John Boehner's District
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/04/12-...
It's a gerrymandered district dumbazz high in poverty and low in IQ__perfect Republican voting bloc.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904197 May 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the first derivative of both debt and deficit. Tell us about how the first derivative has a large positive magnitude while the Democrats have a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House. Look at the second derivative. You'll discover the debt and deficit are not only increasing, but there is an accelleration component. Now, tell us how the first derivative of the deficit actually becomes zero after the TEA Party begins to influence Congress, and the first derivative of the debt becomes a constant, and the second derivative becomes zero.
What we need is for the first derivative of the deficit to be negative. We can survive with a negative first derivative and a second derivative of zero. With a positive second derivative of the debt, anyone can tell you that government is certain to collapse.
In short, the TEA Party saved the country.
You seem to confuse the basic properties of arithmetic with being applicable to differential equations.
A negative second derivative does not make the result of the equation positive when the first derivative is also negative. A negative first derivative with a zero second derivative produces a constant decline, which is what we need.
Now, back to the subject you are avoiding:
Tell us about your calculations of the first and second derivatives of the debt and deficit before and after the TEA Party began to influence Congress.
The TEA Party saved the country should be your conclusion if you know how to do differential equations.
so why is the Tea Party so unpopular?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904198 May 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> That's the most insane fiction I've ever heard! The CIA have been known to execute these type of operations. Why would Obama need Al Qaeda to do what he has the power to order his own people to do? It's not like Al Qaeda was losing men during the attack. They had no need to smoke him out. They has grenades, RPGs& assault weapons. If they wanted Stevens, they would've got him alive. It's not like he was armed!
So, your question is, why would Obama need Al Qaeda to kidnap a US ambassador when he could do it himslef, right?
Al Qaeda wasn't losing men during the attack because the White House (Vallerie Jarrett, Obama isn't even involved in government) ordered all units to not engage Al Qaeda while they attempted to kidnap Stevens.

Al Qaeda had explosives, RPGs and hand grenades. Why didn't they just blow the door away and light him up with their AKs? Because blowing the door might kill Stevens, and the intent was to kidnap Stevens, not kill him.

The only reason Al Qaeda attacked a, how did you denigrate it, "temporary rented consular building in Bumfuck Libya" was to kidnap an ambassador of the United States of America. Here's what the plan was:
The security for the ambassador would be reduced by the administration making it easier to kidnap the ambassador. During the attack, the White House (Vallerie Jarrett) would issue orders with presidential authority to stand down any US Armed Forces assets that were pre-positioned specifically to respond to specifically a terrorist attack specifically on our embassy specifically in Libya. Then, the White House would lie to cover up Al Qaeda's involvement while the network "news" programs would mislead the country concentrating on where Stevens was, what condition he was in, and the progress of the "negotiations" with the Muslim Brotherhood, who has a permenant presence in the White House, to exchange Stevens for that terrorist blind sheik in prison for attempting to murder 30 THOUSAND Americans.
However, Plan A went wrong and the ambassador died of smoke inhalation when Al Qaeda tried to smoke him out of the room he baricaded himself in.
And, just like Al Bundy, nobody in the White House had a plan B.
Even you have to laugh at the bufoonery in the White House today.
I'd laugh if it were happening in some other country.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#904200 May 16, 2013
If you Liberals/Democrats think Obama gives ‘One I otta ‘about the Democratic Party you’re drunk on Ignorance!!
Lincoln

United States

#904201 May 16, 2013
Cut and paste right wing :-) LOL
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the whole country is done, because the grasshoppers are in charge.
'In Aesop’s fable, an ant works all summer to gather food and is asked by an indolent grasshopper to share the food in the winter. For some, the fable is a parable about the value of hard work and the consequences of choices in life. the goal of the Dems has always been to remove consequences to making bad choices.
For others, it is an ethical question of sharing with those in need. In any case, Obama's re-election ended the debate about the government’s role in encouraging more ants or more grasshoppers.
Voters have shown that warnings that Washington’s profligate spending will lead to a fiscal catastrophe is not as important as watching Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians. Romney--for his whole life-- was the ant – working away to solve real problems, growing business, taking risk with HIS OWN money...
By comparison, President OBAMA HAS BEEN THE GRASSHOPPER, encouraging more citizen grasshoppers.
Under his presidency, 7.5 million individuals have left the work force, another 5.4 million have signed up to collect disability, and student loans have skyrocketed to more than a trillion dollars.
In 2011, Obama also changed the law to reverse the Clinton-era welfare reform, allowing welfare to be given to those not seeking work.
The consequences have been devastating.
The Obama Administration borrows $3.5 billion every day. Our accumulated debt is more than $15 trillion,$5 trillion just from the last few years.
Yet as our deficit and debt continues to grow, the Administration pushes irrelevant “fixes” such as the “Buffet rule” which would affect only 217,000 Americans and hardly nick the deficit.
And what happened when real solutions were proposed? President Obama’s approach has ranged from apathetic to hostile. He ignored the balanced approach of the group he created, the Simpson-Bowles Commission, for a path to cut the deficit.
And when the House, led by Ryan, passed a long-term budget cutting the deficit, the President raised hopes by calling a White House event in which he seated Ryan in the front. To everyone’s surprise, he castigated, mischaracterized and dismissed the effort and presented no alternative.
Obama continuously proves he is the “emperor with no clothes.”
from The Election of the Grasshopper
http://www.forbes.com/sites/garyshapiro/2012/...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#904202 May 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's a gerrymandered district dumbazz high in poverty and low in IQ__perfect Republican voting bloc.
The job of the propagandist is to change the meaning and definition of words, Realtime!! If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
do your homework

Mineola, NY

#904203 May 16, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>the whole country is done, because the grasshoppers are in charge.
'In Aesop’s fable, an ant works all summer to gather food and is asked by an indolent grasshopper to share the food in the winter. For some, the fable is a parable about the value of hard work and the consequences of choices in life. the goal of the Dems has always been to remove consequences to making bad choices.
For others, it is an ethical question of sharing with those in need. In any case, Obama's re-election ended the debate about the government’s role in encouraging more ants or more grasshoppers.
Voters have shown that warnings that Washington’s profligate spending will lead to a fiscal catastrophe is not as important as watching Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians. Romney--for his whole life-- was the ant – working away to solve real problems, growing business, taking risk with HIS OWN money...
By comparison, President OBAMA HAS BEEN THE GRASSHOPPER, encouraging more citizen grasshoppers.
Under his presidency, 7.5 million individuals have left the work force, another 5.4 million have signed up to collect disability, and student loans have skyrocketed to more than a trillion dollars.
In 2011, Obama also changed the law to reverse the Clinton-era welfare reform, allowing welfare to be given to those not seeking work.
The consequences have been devastating.
The Obama Administration borrows $3.5 billion every day. Our accumulated debt is more than $15 trillion,$5 trillion just from the last few years.
Yet as our deficit and debt continues to grow, the Administration pushes irrelevant “fixes” such as the “Buffet rule” which would affect only 217,000 Americans and hardly nick the deficit.
And what happened when real solutions were proposed? President Obama’s approach has ranged from apathetic to hostile. He ignored the balanced approach of the group he created, the Simpson-Bowles Commission, for a path to cut the deficit.
And when the House, led by Ryan, passed a long-term budget cutting the deficit, the President raised hopes by calling a White House event in which he seated Ryan in the front. To everyone’s surprise, he castigated, mischaracterized and dismissed the effort and presented no alternative.
Obama continuously proves he is the “emperor with no clothes.”
from The Election of the Grasshopper
http://www.forbes.com/sites/garyshapiro/2012/...
No worries, I'm sure you and the rest of the Villagers can whip up another scandal in no time flat!! It's all you've got, lies, lies and more lies!!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...

Federal deficit shrinks at surprising rate

It's on track to fall below where it was when Obama took office, and the long-term debt is more stable, the Congressional Budget Office says.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#904204 May 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you idiot... Robert and Julia know you are a pain in the butt... Hell you caused all kinds of problems with their construction business because you were an idiot ghost...
What a delusional freak, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to quit teasing your psychotic azz as you are on the verge of going over the edge, and I don't want that on my resume. Robert and Julie would they be your imaginary friends or maybe your sock puppets???????LMAO

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#904205 May 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
And here I was thinking Obamacare would be this president's undoing a week ago.
Who knew? Obamacare isn't even on the map now.
However, it could still be the grand finale if the present dust ever settles.
The other scandal for another day. Kathleen Seebusrun has been creating a slush fund for the democrats by using O'bamacare.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#904206 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Cut and paste right wing :-) LOL
<quoted text>
idiot and stupid sonicfiller ;-)

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#904207 May 16, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Soul Brothers of ignorance…. Obama/Holder…Deflects blame, claim ignorance!!
Eric Holder says he can do what he wants--he don't need no stinking badges--he knows nuttzing.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#904208 May 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
IRS singling out of 'Tea Party' being investigated
Lerner said none of the groups subjected to extra scrutiny by the IRS has been rejected yet for tax-exempt status.
For that reason, a legal damages claim against the IRS by the conservative groups was unlikely, said Marcus Owens, a lawyer at the firm of Caplin & Drysdale.
A former IRS tax-exempt division director, Owens has since represented a range of nonprofit organizations. "It's hard to find the injury there," he said, adding that IRS scrutiny historically has focused on trying to determine if 501(c)(4) groups are politically active or not.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/10/us-...
Obviously you are ignorant of what happens when the IRS merely identifies you as a target.

As an example, I just wrote a check for almost 5,000 dollars to the IRS about a discrepancy they claim in my 2011 tax return. My lawyer said it would cost me about that same amount to contest it.
Now, that's coincidentally like a tactic I use in negotiations. I assess a value to a point being negotiated, and I work around arguments of approximately equal value until the opposition concedes.

When the IRS targets you, all normal functions cease and you go into a completely different mode of operation, regardless of guilt or innocence.
You'd know this if you have any knowledge of what happens in the world that actually exists all around you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 71,275
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 22 min reality is a crutch 6
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 54 min reality is a crutch 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,369
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 68,915
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,306
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:46AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings