Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
829,981 - 830,000 of 1,100,378 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#903757 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
On Oct 7th when military operation began, we were bombing& destroying terrorist training camps.
The US had attacked other suspected terrorists locations in other countries like the Sudan.
We did not need to invade to destroy these camps.
I figured you wouldn't understand the difference.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903758 May 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>He's left for Walmart. Big sale today on Communist Chinese made stuff.
So, Homer buys nothing made in China. or just pays more to buy the same products elsewhere?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903759 May 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That wasn't the only reason numbnuts. Removal of the Taliban government required boots on the ground.
Fck the Taliban government, since when is it U.S. policy to conduct regime change?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#903760 May 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Prince Harry was a guest, not the host.
Who wants a scumbag Democrat at a nice party?
Prince Harry is a very talented polo player--he can afford the ponies--but that was my point, this didn't seem to have any relevance to politics or O'Malley's favor-ability ratings. How many polo matches have you been invited to?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#903761 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
On Oct 7th when military operation began, we were bombing& destroying terrorist training camps.
The US had attacked other suspected terrorists locations in other countries like the Sudan.
We did not need to invade to destroy these camps.
You do understand there was a Taliban government?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#903762 May 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will never admit to this because to do so is to admit that Saddam was also supporting terrorist for the reason to invade. Blows up their whole world view.
Saddam was getting old (born 1937) he was slowly but surely losing control of Iraq's Shiia and Kurdish communities__the Baath Party was losing influence and his sons (heirs) were fkn morons incapable of controlling the military, Baath Party or managing the nations oil business.

Saddam was a paper tiger, the paper tiger who knowing that it wouldn't end well faced off against the most powerful (by far) military force on the planet.

It was a stupid war__it was ill conceived, poorly managed yet it cost the US trillion$ of dollar$ the respect of many allies and even foes.

A former US President, Vice President and certain appointees cannot travel abroad comfortably, Generals were shamed and on and on.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#903763 May 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense considering you said your income was "supplemental" any way...damned shame you weren't a teacher or a nurse, and could have socked away all those pension funds that would have allowed you to retire earlier...
Maybe I should spell it out to you like you're a 4-year-old then.

I NOW supplement my family's income working part-time at home as I have done for the past 5 years.

I WILL in the near future supplement my SS income doing another part-time job that will not affect receiving SS and still supplement my family's income.

(I gave up teaching to learn a new career that would allow me to work from home and still raise my daughter, working full-time with a flexible schedule while being there for her 100%.

I'm actually proud of that.)
Whatever

Gering, NE

#903764 May 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Fck the Taliban government, since when is it U.S. policy to conduct regime change?
Hmmm, Hitler, Japan leaders, Germany again
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#903765 May 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense considering you said your income was "supplemental" any way...damned shame you weren't a teacher or a nurse, and could have socked away all those pension funds that would have allowed you to retire earlier...
I can tell you trust me.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#903766 May 15, 2013
flack wrote:
Yard work calls!
Me too! I have someone plowing up the old lawn at this moment. Time to replant again
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903767 May 15, 2013
flack wrote:
Yard work calls!
Code words for Walmart having a super sale on candy corn, selling 50 gallon buckets(imported from Cummunist China) at 1/2 price. Make sure you still have plenty of peanut butter!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903768 May 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Fck the Taliban government, since when is it U.S. policy to conduct regime change?
JFK ordered the assassination of the President of South Vietnam in 1963.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903769 May 15, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Prince Harry is a very talented polo player--he can afford the ponies--but that was my point, this didn't seem to have any relevance to politics or O'Malley's favor-ability ratings. How many polo matches have you been invited to?
The name of the Governor is Malloy and he is a dirtbag who is out to screw the people hosting the event.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903770 May 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Homer buys nothing made in China. or just pays more to buy the same products elsewhere?
Unfortunately due to Republican and corporate policies, mostly, there are some things that are no longer manufactured in the U.S. so there is not always an option.

So given that yes I will pay more for Chinese made crap sold for a higher price elsewhere it if will help keep the local shops in business which in turn keeps the community more vibrant and helps hold the very fabric of our nation together.

On a side note Homer will always seek out products made in the U.S. even if they cost more.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903771 May 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Saddam was getting old (born 1937) he was slowly but surely losing control of Iraq's Shiia and Kurdish communities__the Baath Party was losing influence and his sons (heirs) were fkn morons incapable of controlling the military, Baath Party or managing the nations oil business.
Saddam was a paper tiger, the paper tiger who knowing that it wouldn't end well faced off against the most powerful (by far) military force on the planet.
It was a stupid war__it was ill conceived, poorly managed yet it cost the US trillion$ of dollar$ the respect of many allies and even foes.
A former US President, Vice President and certain appointees cannot travel abroad comfortably, Generals were shamed and on and on.
Saddam was maintaining a firm grip on power by killing all opposition.

Your crap about Bush and Cheney being unable to travel is Soros propaganda.

Pathetic a-hole.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#903772 May 15, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of Rove like your Soros.
Maybe it will put things into perspective.
Rove no longer has any influence but he and Soros have always just worked behind the scenes.
Could you have possibly made a stupider comparison?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903773 May 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, Hitler, Japan leaders, Germany again
Both Germany and Japan declared war on us first, both were actual threats to the entire world unlike Iraq and the fcking Afghan gov't.

Hitler committed suicide and most of the German govt was destroyed by the Russians. As for Japan, the emperor of Japan was in fact still the emperor up until he died in 1989, 44 years after WWII ended.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#903774 May 15, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should spell it out to you like you're a 4-year-old then.
I NOW supplement my family's income working part-time at home as I have done for the past 5 years.
I WILL in the near future supplement my SS income doing another part-time job that will not affect receiving SS and still supplement my family's income.
(I gave up teaching to learn a new career that would allow me to work from home and still raise my daughter, working full-time with a flexible schedule while being there for her 100%.
I'm actually proud of that.)
you should be!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#903775 May 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They will never admit to this because to do so is to admit that Saddam was also supporting terrorist for the reason to invade. Blows up their whole world view.
No Flack, the fact is, you won't admit Bush's incompetency, so you use out of whack arguments like this to try to strengthen his credibility. In your logic, Bush should've blew up the WH because, he was informed of the eventual events, informed of the eventual hijackers & their actions as far as, taking flying lessons & not taking the taking off & landing part. He ordered the CIA & FBI to stand down/terminate the investigation, so in essence, he aided & abetted, harbored & enabled 9/11 to happen. If Afghanistan was guilty, so was Bush, along with Syria, Sudan, Iran, ect... He invaded Afghanistan because Osama was there. Otherwise, we would've been at war with the entire middle east.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903776 May 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
To further respond, any US administration that would allow any foreign government to detain and/or prosecute any former US government official not subject to any charges in the US should be removed in disgrace.

Any such action by a foreign government should be met with immediate action, including military force as necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Posted Response 49,530
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min andet1987 573
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 41 min andet1987 1,258
Word (Dec '08) 46 min andet1987 4,654
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 47 min andet1987 1,455
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,401
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 2 hr ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000