Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263563 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#903987 May 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Indisputable?
You're nuttier than a shthouse rat gal__go tend to hubs and your little girl before it's too late.
Shrub has admitted that Iraq had no usable WMD's__but your sorry azz knows better eh?
Tell us a story.
This is indisputable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stor...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2010/03/0...

http://www.pbs.org/americarebuilds2/memorial/...

This is indisputable.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-202_162-505316.ht...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/ira...

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/01/27/sprj.irq...

The other assertions just require common sense.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#903988 May 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell old dumbazz. Bush was warned about exactly how it could happen and that idiot ignored, Then attacked the wrong country...No one is more responsible for all the deaths than that moron.
"poop"
One more time you show your ignorance. clinton had the opportunity to get bin Laden, he refused, American's died. I realize you are dumber than a box of rocks but the wars you refer to were overwhelmingly approved by democrats, you know your hero's; clintons, both of them, al bore, kerry, nobama, biden, hairy reid, weiner.
"poop" please continue to post, when you do your ignorance always comes to the front. In Benghazi, president nobama slept, Americans died.
Peace
KMA

Orlando, FL

#903989 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole much, Lorac?
No. Not in this case.

Eric Holder: "I don't know." "I don't know." "I don't know."
Barack Obama: "I'm still gathering information." "I heard the news about the IRS when everyone else did."
Hillary Clinton: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Jay Carney: "The President was informed about the IRS targeting two weeks ago." "Only one word was changed in the CIA report."

What happened to the promise of eventually revealing all the facts about Benghazi? Before it became "old news"?
RitzRforchitz

Somerset, KY

#903990 May 15, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS had every right to go after the Tea Baggers, they are threat to homeland security. That's why they were flagged because they tick all the boxes, political extremism, religious extremism, & carry guns.
Go suck a black hens egg, ya brainless scarecrow windbag.

Spokane, WA

#903991 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Romney wanted to allow business to bring back overseas profits tax feee.
i.e. make it here - get taxed. Make it there,don't get taxed.
"real dumb"
You get dumber with every post. Please point out a law that Romney broke. You can not, all you have is a big ignorant mouth, a mouth that is derided by all.
Peace
KMA

Orlando, FL

#903993 May 15, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS had every right to go after the Tea Baggers, they are threat to homeland security. That's why they were flagged because they tick all the boxes, political extremism, religious extremism, & carry guns.
Oh, for heaven's sake...YOU tick all the boxes!

The Tea Party demanding accountability and smaller government is democracy at its finest and healthy dissent.

Do you have any concept how many liberals and democrats own guns?

Yep, you tick all the boxes. It's people like you who concern me.

Maybe the IRS should target liberal groups who tick all the boxes, political extremism, secular extremism, & kill unborn babies.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#903994 May 15, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Sniff...sniff...ah smell Bigotry......
ANY 501c-4 should be carefully looked at...not JUST some.
like when Bush had the IRS look at the NAACP because they were helping black folks to sign up to vote?

Orlando, FL

#903995 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole much, Lorac?
Attorney General Eric Holder used the phrase “I don’t know” or some variation at least 57 times during a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee today as House Republicans grilled him over controversies including the IRS’ targeting of Tea Partiers, the Justice Department’s seizure of journalist phone records, and the security lapses surrounding the Boston bombing.

Nope. No hyperbole here.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#903996 May 15, 2013
The Folly of a Syrian War

Like the Iraq War, a U.S. war in Syria would be unauthorized and illegal under international law, and America would have even fewer allies than it had in Iraq. Like Iraq, the costs and duration of a Syrian war have been minimized to make it appear to be a quick, easy, and cheap intervention. Unlike Iraq, there wouldn’t even be the pretense that the U.S. was acting to eliminate a potential threat to our security. Instead, the U.S. would be fighting solely for the purpose of overthrowing another government. While the Iraq War was mostly limited to that country, U.S. intervention in Syria would draw us directly into a proxy war with Assad’s patrons that would likely not remain confined to Syria. Finally, a Syrian war would be waged with the knowledge of all the things that went so horribly wrong in Iraq, which makes the impulse to intervene in Syria both inexcusable and inexplicable.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#903997 May 15, 2013
Planet Reeling from a Swarm of Earthquakes over last 72 hours

Posted on May 15, 2013

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/

Spokane, WA

#903998 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a black man "boy" is a racial slur.
If you want to think of the President as not being grown up, then use other terms such as "child".
But Eed uses it not as a slur, nooooooo wink wink. Racist f*ck Eed.
"real dumb"
No slurs intended.
I call president nobama a boy because he has proven he is not up to mans job, I call you a boy because using your logic I believe you are black. I do not know are care if you are black, white, green or pink, I do know that you are a troll, an ignoramus with out a thought of your own.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#903999 May 15, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You get dumber with every post. Please point out a law that Romney broke. You can not, all you have is a big ignorant mouth, a mouth that is derided by all.
Peace
KMA
The conversation was about Romney's plan for taxing profits made overseas from his campaign. Try to keep up.

If you can't, maybe some of that free healthcare that you mooch off the government can help you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904000 May 15, 2013
In the case of the IRS “scandal,” when the news broke, Obama swiftly denounced the agency’s conduct as “outrageous,” and Democrats vowed to fully investigate. Assuming there is no further conspiracy, this issue may harm Obama in the short-term but seems unlikely to effect a broad-based shift in attitudes toward government power other than to intensify feelings among conservatives who already detest the president and the IRS. As the “Tea Party” brand remains extremely unpopular, progressives and independents will generate little sympathy for the self-described “Tea Party” and “Patriot” groups that were targeted.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/will-o...

the IRS scandal is a FOX bust before it even gets out the door.

because you see...how many people watch FOX? not that many. so the attitude of the majority will be....'It was just the Tea Party.'

boo-hoo suckers.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#904002 May 15, 2013
oBummer!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#904003 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
like when Bush had the IRS look at the NAACP because they were helping black folks to sign up to vote?
Well hell yeah-especially if they were paying them to do it!

Orlando, FL

#904004 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole much, Lorac?
Mother Of Slain Benghazi Victim, Pat Smith, rips Hillary Clinton:

TAPPER: You blame Secretary of State Clinton.

SMITH: Yes.

TAPPER: Why?

SMITH: Because that's her department. She is supposed to be on top of it. Yet she claims she knows nothing. It wasn't told to her. Well, who is running the place?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

"She knows nothing."

Nope. No hyperbole here.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#904005 May 15, 2013
White House is taking a shitter. Gee, sure am glad "they" are investigating.

Maybe in 20 years we will hear something.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#904006 May 15, 2013
By stark contrast, Monday’s revelation that the Justice Department seized two months’ worth of phone records from the Associated Press is a veritable “game-changer”—a full-blown scandal in every sense of the word. DOJ officials obtained these highly sensitive records in secret, preventing the AP from seeking judicial review; sources for as many as 100 reporters may have been compromised. Pulitzer Prize winners Matt Apuzzo and Adam Goldman, whose investigative journalism has been indispensable, were among the targets.

The gravity of this “massive and unprecedented intrusion,” as the AP described it, cannot be overstated. Attorney General Eric Holder has claimed that his department carried out the action pursuant to a criminal investigation into a national-security leak that “put the American people at risk,” creating a situation that “required aggressive action” to remedy.

A substantial set of Americans, young people especially, has grown deeply cynical of state officials’ rote invocation of ill-defined “threats” to justify abridging core civil liberties. Ironically, this scandal is by far the most compelling example of what “a growing and activist government” might wreak—yet it also appears to be the scandal in which the GOP has the least interest. It most threatens Obama precisely because it is not tainted by partisan grandstanding. It is a scandal on its face and required no trumpeting from congressional zealots in order to enter the mainstream discourse.

But since the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans have demonstrated a remarkable inability to capitalize on Obama’s many vulnerabilities. Notwithstanding pumped-up “narratives” about the administration’s imminent downfall, there is little reason to expect much will change.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/will-o...

Spokane, WA

#904007 May 15, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another phag from virginia spewing his sperm....
"Fenris"
Adult women are way to much for "poop", his thing gets up when he confronts little boys.
Peace
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#904008 May 15, 2013
Who gave the stand down order?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 194,511
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Mark 52,069
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr think about it 100,295
Amy 7-30-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 2
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 3 hr boundary painter 1,197
Ask Amy July 31 3 hr boundary painter 4
abby7-31-15 3 hr boundary painter 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages