Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,470)

Showing posts 829,381 - 829,400 of1,078,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
I need some personal advise from anyone who is retired and receiving SS.
Do you have to wait two months after your birth date and turning 62 for the first SS check to arrive?
It was explained to me that you have to be one month "eligible" and then the check is one month behind that.
I always thought you were officially retired upon turning 62, SS checks and all, which isn't really the case if you have to work two more months.
In general, SS checks are for the previous month and are issued on the same day (say second Wednesday or third Wednesday) each month.

If you turn 62 in July, for example, you are eligible as of July 1, but your first check will arrive in mid-August.

The exception is if your birthday is July 1, in which case you become eligible May 1 and your first benefit is in mid-July.

You can read the regulations on-line, which is always better than asking for advice, even from SSA, which is staffed by idiots.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

what would Darwin think....

Killing owls with stripes to save the owls with spots...

http://perc.org/blog/shameful-and-painful-spo...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) on Tuesday accused Republicans of hypocrisy for being outraged that the IRS targeted conservative groups, pointing out that GOP lawmakers didn't appear bothered when the agency targeted liberal groups during the Bush administration.

"What the IRS did of course is inexcusable. But this is not the first time we've seen this," Reid told reporters. "It wasn't long ago that the IRS inappropriately targeted the NAACP, Greenpeace and a California church that was really progressive called the All Saints Church in Pasadena, California.

"It was interesting," he said. "At that time, we didn't hear a single Republican grandstand the issue then. Where was their outrage when groups on the other side of the political spectrum were under attack?"

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...

you don't know about it because FOX didn't think it was of much importance when Bush did it to liberals.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell it to DBWriter aka Colonel Flagg he is insisting Afghanistan attacked the U.S. and a full scale invasion of Iraq was necessary because there was one terrorist there who by all accounts was already dead at the hands of Saddam. He's making all this stuff up not me, take it up with him. You'd think he worked for the Bush administration.
Afghanistan effectively attacked the US because the Tol-E-Bon allowed (and perhaps supported) the attack which came from within their borders.

If the US allowed and gave tacit consent to the Minutemen to invade Mexico, would the US be responsible?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

NYC....

ban large soft drinks...

>but<

give NON-citizens voting rights?

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Should-Non-Citi...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest you are the first person I have ever come across(rightwinger/leftwinger oor middlewinger) that has stated unequivocally that Afghanistan attacked the United States.
You remind me of Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H*.
IMO you are insane.
perhaps that comes from looking at the information and not relying on some pundit to tell me what to say.
Afghanistan willingly allowed Al Qaeda to conduct its military operations as if Al Qaeda were part of the standing forces of Afghanistan. Afghanistan verbally condoned the attack. Afghanistan physically protected Al Qaeda from the US forces. The Taliban and Al Qaeda ran away together, holed up in the same caves, and fought side-by-side against the United States.
How can you not come up with the conclusion that Afghanistan attacked us on 9/11(2001)?
You remind me of a movie I saw where the mayor of Atlantis was sitting on the top stone surrounded by water telling the residents standing in waist-deep water that this was not a major event.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

GREY GHOST wrote:
<quoted text>
So "To the ends of the earth" and "we will get him dead or alive" meant nothing. Tis you old lying miserable one that remains as the stupid one. and you prove that daily. But You never seem to run out of excuses. Bush botched Aftg. the same as Iraq. The bungler in chief. Most all military men and women are well aware of that.
Like Bush rightfully said...bin Laden was either dead or in hiding and was no longer central to the ensuing war on terror. He was no longer training terrorists or even had a place to train them.

Other, more dangerous, al Qaeda leaders took his place who WERE training more terrorists.

Also, the hunt was revamped after obtaining the information about the courier in 2007. It took a while to locate him and track him down because he wasn't in the yellow pages.

The hunt that eventually led to bin Laden began under the Bush administration after interrogating detainees at Guantanamo Bay and that Shiek who got water poured up his nose and getting the name of that courier.

Obama was too busy criticizing Bush for actually doing what was necessary for Obama to get the credit.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They are still doing it today! All Saints Pasadena Rector Condemns “Evangelical Zionism,” Israel
December 13, 2012
On December 15, All Saints Episcopal Church of Pasadena hosted the annual convention of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, a group with Muslim Brotherhood origins and a controversial past. The question of why All Saints would collaborate with this specific group persisted. The answer came during the event when Reverend Ed Bacon listed “acts of evil” committed by Christians and included “evangelical Zionism.”
The first hint of a political objective behind this interfaith gathering came during a December 6 press conference. Salam al-Marayati, the president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), said that his organization seeks to help the U.S. act as an “honest broker” for peace in the Middle East. This is a soft way of saying that the U.S. must take a tough stand towards Israel, as evidenced by MPAC’s record of anti-Israel activism. The All Saints Episcopal Church leadership was standing with him. You can watch the useful idiot libs for yourself.
http://shoebat.com/2012/12/29/video-useful-id...
doesn't address your leap-of-faith assertion.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) on Tuesday accused Republicans of hypocrisy for being outraged that the IRS targeted conservative groups, pointing out that GOP lawmakers didn't appear bothered when the agency targeted liberal groups during the Bush administration.
"What the IRS did of course is inexcusable. But this is not the first time we've seen this," Reid told reporters. "It wasn't long ago that the IRS inappropriately targeted the NAACP, Greenpeace and a California church that was really progressive called the All Saints Church in Pasadena, California.
"It was interesting," he said. "At that time, we didn't hear a single Republican grandstand the issue then. Where was their outrage when groups on the other side of the political spectrum were under attack?"
you don't know about it because FOX didn't think it was of much importance when Bush did it to liberals.
So, the IRS admitted to targetting liberal groups during the Bush administration? I don't recall reading that. I only recall Harry Reid saying it.
The IRS, themselves, said they targeted conservatives. Do you have any proof the IRS targetted liberals during the Bush era?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Helicopter pilots, Medivac nurses and more.
Women are not serving in the infantry/artillery/armored you stupid fk__but those exposed to combat, as Jessica Lynch was, should be awarded for their contributions through pay and promotion.
Pay attention mutt__or STFU.
Jessica Lynch was worthless baggage who never fired her weapon in combat. Her buddy, Lori Piestewa, was a total f-u who caused the entire disaster.

Women should stick to being nurses and serving donuts and coffee.

Just like men should stop being airline stews.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's what the Nazi's prescribed.
Galt is referring to voluntary sterilization, which is promoted for men in the US, but not for women.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Does that make it ok?

You put way too much importance on fox.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Both realtime and lily disappear at about the same time again. I wonder how far apart they live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Liberals and Universities...

water slides at College, now that's learning...

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/recsports/aquatics/l...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
White House emails obtained by ABC News and other organizations last week that purportedly detailed extensive editing of talking points Obama officials used in the aftermath of the Bengahzi, Libya attacks appear to have been misquoted or mischaracterized to emphasize the administration's focus on those talking points, according to CNN's Jake Tapper.
ABC News reported that White House Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes wrote an email dated 9/14/12 that said the State Department’s concerns about the details of the attack needed to be addressed in the final talking points. Rhodes was responding to State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, who emailed that she was concerned the talking points could damage “my building’s leadership.”
“We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation," Rhodes said, according to ABC. "We thus will work through the talking points tomorrow morning at the Deputies Committee meeting.”
CNN speculates that whoever leaked the White House emails "seemingly invented the notion" that Rhodes, a White House official, wanted State's concerns specifically addressed. Asked about the ABC report on Friday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said that the only edit the administration made to the talking points was to a "non-substantive correction," changing the word "consulate" to "diplomatic post."
Carney on Tuesday accused Republicans of editing the emails in order to to serve a political agenda.
"I think the entire e-mail, the report I read showed the entire e-mail, and what it showed is Republicans who were leaking these press, these e-mails that had been shared with Congress didn't just do that, they decided to fabricate portions of an e-mail and make up portions of an e-mail in order to fit a political narrative," he said at a White House press conference.
Did you just make a post without referencing fox? I'm proud of you.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In general, SS checks are for the previous month and are issued on the same day (say second Wednesday or third Wednesday) each month.
If you turn 62 in July, for example, you are eligible as of July 1, but your first check will arrive in mid-August.
The exception is if your birthday is July 1, in which case you become eligible May 1 and your first benefit is in mid-July.
You can read the regulations on-line, which is always better than asking for advice, even from SSA, which is staffed by idiots.
Thanks Galt. What if your birth date is July 9? You have to wait until the second week of September, two months later, for your first check?

Because that's what I was told. My birth month is not July, but my birth date is the 9th and apparently I have wait two months.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can refresh my memory. Even though I'm not holding my breath.
If the IRS had been targeting liberals, the Bush administration would have been blamed to kingdom come.
But please prove me wrong. You must include your source, however. Which is why I'm not holding my breath.
FOXbot ignorance. let's fix that....

“I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said on MSNBC Monday.“I found only one Republican,[North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones], that would join me in calling for an investigation during the Bush administration. I’m glad now that the GOP has found interest in this issue and it ought to be a bipartisan concern.”

.... In 2004, the IRS went after the NAACP, auditing the nation’s oldest civil rights group after its chairman criticized President Bush for being the first sitting president since Herbert Hoover not to address the organization.“They are saying if you criticize the president we are going to take your tax exemption away from you,” then-chairman Julian Bond said.“It’s pretty obvious that the complainant was someone who doesn’t believe George Bush should be criticized, and it’s obvious of their response that the IRS believes this, too.”

In a letter to the IRS, Democratic Reps. Charles Rangel, Pete Stark and John Conyers wrote:“It is obvious that the timing of this IRS examination is nothing more than an effort to intimidate the members of the NAACP, and the communities the organization represents, in their get-out-the-vote effort nationwide.”

....Then, in 2006, the Wall Street Journal broke the story of a how a little-known pressure group called Public Interest Watch — which received 97 percent of its funds from Exxon Mobile one year — managed to get the IRS to open an investigation into Greenpeace. Greenpeace had labeled Exxon Mobil the “No. 1 climate criminal.” The IRS acknowledged its audit was initiated by Public Interest Watch and threatened to revoke Greenpeace’s tax-exempt status, but closed the investigation three months later.

As the Journal reporter, Steve Stecklow, later said in an interview,“This comes against a backdrop where a number of conservative groups have been attacking nonprofits and NGOs over their tax-exempt status. There have been hearings on Capitol Hill. There have been a number of conservative groups in Washington who have been quite critical.”

Indeed, the year before that, the Senate held a hearing on nonprofits’ political activity. Republican Sen. Charles Grassley, the then-chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said the IRS needed better enforcement, but also “legislative changes” to better define the lines between politics and social welfare, since they had not been updated in “a generation.” Unfortunately, neither Congress nor the IRS has defined 501(c)4&#8242;s sufficiently to this day, leaving the door open for IRS auditors to make up their own, discriminatory rules.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_the_irs_...

just the facts.

Since: May 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The abuse of power we Conservatives warned about is now real!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
Both realtime and lily disappear at about the same time again. I wonder how far apart they live.
About 250 miles dumfk__how far do you live from Galt's Gulch?

E-mutt you're a weak dk and that's being kind!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 829,381 - 829,400 of1,078,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,418
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 23 min APPRECIATIATATER SPUD 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Taeb 67,839
Is Ebay's 21-Day Hold on Sellers' PAYPAL Funds ... (Apr '13) 35 min hold this 25
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 43 min Chief49 3,825
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 53 min Skyler 6
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 53 min Ben Carson video 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••