Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1498569 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#903959 May 15, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The buck stops with him unless he can blame someone else or claim he knows nothing about anything.
He is no more presidential than my plumber is.
TheIndependentMa jority

Krypton, KY

#903961 May 15, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never before in our history has any administration known so little about so much.
That's what I've been thinking too.(makes me just want to smack my generation-just give me a soapbox for Holder, since he's a little older!! SHAME on them-DUHMMIES!!!!!)
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903962 May 15, 2013
Obama/Holders Injustice Department spying on journalists.

What else can these fascists do?

Like, what is left?
TheIndependentMa jority

Krypton, KY

#903963 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The IRS Was Dead Right To Scrutinize Tea Party
Like any institution, the agency has limited resources at its disposal. The notion that everyone ought to be treated the same, with auditing powers sprayed around like a lawn sprinkler, is ridiculous. Cops concentrate patrols in high-crime areas. And while we properly decry racial profiling and odious tactics like New York City's Stop and Frisk campaign -- through which people are subject to police pat-downs for no other reason than their being black and male -- no one would criticize the police for keeping an eye on people who are openly encouraging criminal behavior.
Which gets us back to the Tea Party. Here is a group that has made no effort to hide its contempt for the very institution of taxation. This is what it says on the website of the Cincinnati Tea Party: "Individuals need to have a direct connection between their efforts and the fruits of their labor. This is the magical spark that has led the United States from a loosely conglomerated political experiment into the most exceptional, strongest and most powerful nation on earth. Too many taxes and regulations ultimately serve to snuff out that spark."
The blog section of that site includes links to a host of propaganda from anti-government groups, including this link to a video produced by an outfit called "Government Gone Wild," which highlights the expansion of taxpayer-financed safety net programs such as food stamps, unemployment and Medicaid.
"You are being enslaved," declares a fear-mongering narrator, engaging in an all-too-typical depiction of poor people as freeloaders living fat on the public dime. "More and more people are becoming dependent on government to take care of them, and politicians don't like it one bit: They love it."
In short, being poor is depicted as just a con aimed at gorging on a luxurious buffet, stocked by taxpayer-financed programs like food stamps. Other than fear of enforcement, why would anyone with such beliefs bother to pay their taxes in full?
This sort of thinking is pervasive among those inclined to caricature government as inherently demonic, which is to say, the sorts of people attracted to the Tea Party. Search for "Tea Party" and "tax evasion" on the Internet and you can find a blog called Government Against the People, and a post titled "Tax Resistance Is As American As Apple Pie."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-s-goodman...
This scandal does not stem from the IRS actually levying action that contravenes the law. It's simply about whom the IRS decided to scrutinize. And the IRS had abundant reason to look carefully at the applications for tax exempt status sent in by people who are prone to portray taxes as something as base as slavery.
Sniff...sniff...ah smell Bigotry......

ANY 501c-4 should be carefully looked at...not JUST some.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903965 May 15, 2013
Fascist supporter sonicmoron in action:
sonicfilter wrote:
Like any institution, the agency has limited resources at its disposal. The notion that everyone ought to be treated the same, with auditing powers sprayed around like a lawn sprinkler, is ridiculous. Cops concentrate patrols in high-crime areas. And while we properly decry racial profiling and odious tactics like New York City's Stop and Frisk campaign -- through which people are subject to police pat-downs for no other reason than their being black and male -- no one would criticize the police for keeping an eye on people who are openly encouraging criminal behavior.
Which gets us back to the Tea Party. Here is a group that has made no effort to hide its contempt for the very institution of taxation. This is what it says on the website of the Cincinnati Tea Party: "Individuals need to have a direct connection between their efforts and the fruits of their labor. This is the magical spark that has led the United States from a loosely conglomerated political experiment into the most exceptional, strongest and most powerful nation on earth. Too many taxes and regulations ultimately serve to snuff out that spark."
The blog section of that site includes links to a host of propaganda from anti-government groups, including this link to a video produced by an outfit called "Government Gone Wild," which highlights the expansion of taxpayer-financed safety net programs such as food stamps, unemployment and Medicaid.
"You are being enslaved," declares a fear-mongering narrator, engaging in an all-too-typical depiction of poor people as freeloaders living fat on the public dime. "More and more people are becoming dependent on government to take care of them, and politicians don't like it one bit: They love it."
In short, being poor is depicted as just a con aimed at gorging on a luxurious buffet, stocked by taxpayer-financed programs like food stamps. Other than fear of enforcement, why would anyone with such beliefs bother to pay their taxes in full?
This sort of thinking is pervasive among those inclined to caricature government as inherently demonic, which is to say, the sorts of people attracted to the Tea Party. Search for "Tea Party" and "tax evasion" on the Internet and you can find a blog called Government Against the People, and a post titled "Tax Resistance Is As American As Apple Pie."
This scandal does not stem from the IRS actually levying action that contravenes the law. It's simply about whom the IRS decided to scrutinize. And the IRS had abundant reason to look carefully at the applications for tax exempt status sent in by people who are prone to portray taxes as something as base as slavery.
GOPIdiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#903966 May 15, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Never before in our history has any administration known so little about so much.
Hyperbole much, Lorac?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903968 May 15, 2013
Eric Holder has replaced Sargent Schultz. "I know nothing!"

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#903969 May 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
only if one drinks the Kool Aide of Fox
Oh, is that so? Then let's take it one at a time.

Did Saddam have WMDs and unleashed them on innocents?
__Yes, he did.
__No, he did not.

Did Saddam have the determination and capability to use them again?
__Yes, he did.
__No, he did not

Did Saddam pay the families of suicide bombers to kill our own?
__Yes, he did.
__No, he did not.

Was Saddam going to change because the UN gave him a hard time?
__Yes, he would.
__No, he would not.

If Saddam were still in power, would he now be Obama's problem?
__Yes, he would.
__No, he would not.

Your answers will determine who between us has a Kool-Aid tongue.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#903970 May 15, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama/Holders Injustice Department spying on journalists.
What else can these fascists do?
Like, what is left?
O'bama's EPA. Next.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#903971 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
None of us have to settle for the best the "Blue Magnet" obama administration offers you idiot, a dull adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life on a preserve by the blue magnet elite, a country where everything is free but you loser... Got stupid sonicfiller?
TheIndependentMa jority

Krypton, KY

#903972 May 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a fkn lie Galt__everyone here knows it's a lie so wtf is the point?
That part just hasn't come up from the "news outlets" yet. Bet it will though.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#903973 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole much, Lorac?
Palm Beach county stupid and ghetto.... That's Patrick...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903975 May 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama's EPA. Next.
You are probably correct. The scary part is, they are so corrupt and for all the things we know about, there are likely ten times as many corruption/criminal activities in the Obama Regime going on we do not know about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#903978 May 15, 2013
GOP idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You get all your news and information from a blog?
A compilation of DIFFERENT SOURCES! pUnk!
``````````

Source: Heritage Foundation
Source: National Journal
Source: Power Line
Source: Washington Examiner
Source: Wall Street Journal
Source: Daily Caller
Source: The Hill Newspaper
Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute
Source: White House Dossier
Source: ABC News
Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner
Source: Judicial Watch
Sources: USA Today, ABC News
Source: The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily
Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK]

TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
President Barack Obama's Complete List of Historic Firsts [Updated]
*** Scandals ***
````* First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentalities of government to punish those on the list - Source: Heritage Foundation)

* First President to Attempt to Block Legally-Required 60-Day Layoff Notices by Government Contractors Due to His Own Cuts to Defense Spending -- Because The Notices Would Occur Before the Election.(Source: National Journal)

* First President to Intentionally Disable Credit Card Security Measures (in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures - Source: Power Line)
* First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute.(Source: Washington Examiner)
* First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts (Source: Wall Street Journal)

* First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a "Racial Justice System", a system that tries to achieve "racially equivalent outcomes" for crimes (Source: Daily Caller)

* First President to Leak Confidential IRS Tax Records to Groups Aligned Politically With Him for Partisan Advantage (Source: The Hill Newspaper)

* First President to Use the EPA to Punish Political Enemies and Reward Political Allies (Source: Competitive Enterprise Institute)

* First President to Send Millions in Taxpayer Dollars to His Wife's Former Employer (Source: White House Dossier)

*** National Security and World Affairs ***
``````````

* First President to Lie Repeatedly to the American People About the Murder of a U.S. Ambassador and Three Other Diplomatic Personnel for Purely Political Reasons, Rewriting a "Talking Points" Memo No Fewer Than a Dozen Times to Avoid Referencing a Pre-Planned Terror Attack (Source: ABC News)

* First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government (Sources: ABC News, Rep. Michael Turner)

* First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign (Source: Judicial Watch)

* First President to Terminate America's Ability to Put a Man into Space (Sources: USA Today, ABC News)

* First President to press for a "treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue" (The Law Of The Sea Treaty, Source: Investors Business Daily)

* First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians (Sources: American Thinker, The Independent [UK])

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/06/pres...

DAMNEDEST bunch of bs I've EVER seen and you libTARDED IDIOTS STILL support him!

you ARE "traitors" to America ... in MY HONEST opinion
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903979 May 15, 2013
Your jealousy is not making you look any better peon. If you are looking for a braggart, that would be your Grey Boast. What I say is true, loser. How you interpret them, is up to you, idiot.

baaawwwaaahhhh!!!!!

Spam on, man. I'm flattered to know I've gotten under your skin so bad you feel the need to act like a lunatic.

baaawwwwaaaahhhhh!!!!

Libtard...
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote;
Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP? I think you and I are very different people.
http://www.topix.com/for um/nyc/T50ESIT30OD77D4FO/p2621
QUOTE who="Waxman/Waxturds
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo funny liberal.
I'm not "better" than you biologically, but I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
QUOTE who="Waxman/Waxturds
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
QUOTE who="Nostrilis Waxman" I'm a mut. Sweedish, Scot, English, Irish, Dutch, French - great grandparents moved to the U.S.
WAXTURDS wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
WAXTURDS wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K.
I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
proud2bwhite wrote:
Hats off to theese great company's.
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122 ...
Of course, a Democrat proposed this.
Idiot.
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
Borat Hussein Ovomit

South San Francisco, CA

#903980 May 15, 2013
Gay Ghost takes the Top "position" at NMBLA
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#903981 May 15, 2013
Jurors just determined the Democrat Jodi Arias is eligible for the death penalty.

Huuura! One less Democrat.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#903982 May 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't hate America. We hate what the Magic Negro is turning it into.
He says the same that you do (God Less America or Godless America)
You are a sheep inside the slaughterhouse defending the guy holding an axe and wearing a hangman's mask.
Bah, Bah, azzhole.
Thank You!:)
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#903983 May 15, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman, <quoted text>
35635 Jan 1, 2010
Anyone can log in with multiple renewal IP numbers and spamming the Topix Judge Icons for the replies to his post... Possibly... but doubtful.. running multiple copies of my browser, which will log in with multiple renewal IP numbers and spamming the Topix Judge Icons for the replies to the post... It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread with multple sessions... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection or session is an ip connection.
If you bring up twenty browser sessions, you can judge the Icons 20 times... This Multiple Judging icon can accomplished by having 2 internet accounts in your home and acting as if you are 2 people judging the topix judge icons...{/QUOTE]
Florida Seminole, FL #35635 Jan 1, 2010
It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection is an ip connection. If you bring up ten browser processes, you can judge the Icons 10 times...------- You can change ip numbers if you know how... You can also reset your internet modem box and it will DNS or resolve a new ip number... However that is not necessary. The way it works is to bring up multiple copies of your browser on the same thread and page and do the judging.. That's all that is required and wait depending on you network connection and topix server to record the vote and for the judging to take... I have done it and it can take up to 5 minutes on mine, maybe others different...
Nostrilis Waxman 35614 Jan 1, 2010 It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection is an ip connection. Iy you bring up ten browser processes, you can judge the Icons 10 times...
Nostrilis Waxman 35621 Jan 1, 2010 You can change ip numbers if you know how... You can also reset your internet modem box and it will DNS or resolve a new ip number... However that is not necessary. The way it works is to bring up multiple copies of your browser on the same thread and page and do the judging.. That's all that is required and wait depending on you network connection and topix server to record the vote and for the judging to take... I have done it and it can take up to 5 minutes on mine, maybe others different... Try It! and SEE and judge my post here with multiple copies...
35659 Jan 1, 2010
Nostrilis Waxman wrote: <quoted text> You got it. I am hip to this.
When you can't sleep at night Patrick, it's because your're awake in waxmans dream...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#903985 May 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
So now that O'bama has admitted to compromising the election to get himself elected--he is going to fix it? Dismantle the entire IRS.
His administration is a disaster and a disgrace.
The IRS had every right to go after the Tea Baggers, they are threat to homeland security. That's why they were flagged because they tick all the boxes, political extremism, religious extremism, & carry guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min TRD 71,401
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 237,874
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Susanm 10,375
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Rshermr 63,406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 3,030
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 3 hr Boo Madigan 24
News American Writers Museum to open in Chicago in May 4 hr Trump is the man 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages