Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231608 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903413 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush says feds can open mail without warrant
http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2003...
i guess he never read it.
The Constitution says:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
End of discussion. Next topic? Or, do we need to fight ANOTHER war over this principle?

And, if you think Bush was such a great president, why didn't you get out there and push for Bush to have a third term?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#903414 May 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You idiot old man continue to provide the moronic justification for the need of academic redundancies you sick piece of shit......
If you are going to cry, I will have to place you on ignore. So either suck it up or grow a pair, lightweight.But please continue those sessions with your "SHRINK".

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903415 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s hard to figure out is why the United States would choose to follow Israel’s path. Yet over the course of the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama quarter-century, that’s precisely what we’ve done. The pursuit of global military dominance, a proclivity for preemption, a growing taste for assassination—all justified as essential to self-defense. That pretty much describes our present-day MO.
Israel is a small country with a small population and no shortage of hostile neighbors. Ours is a huge country with an enormous population and no enemy, unless you count the Cuban-Venezuelan Axis of Ailing Dictators, within several thousand miles. We have choices that Israel does not. Yet in disregarding those choices the United States has stumbled willy-nilly into an Israeli-like condition of perpetual war, with peace increasingly tied to unrealistic expectations of adversaries and would-be adversaries acquiescing in Washington’s will.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
you nutjobs seem to forget that some folks see us, and Israel, as terrorists.
Or, as Obama and Bill Clinton think, why assassinate Americans overseas when you can assassinate them right here in the United States.

The bottom line is, there are two factions at war in the Middle East. One of those factions is also at war with the United States.
Pick a side, dufus.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903416 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Diminishing Returns of Republican “Pro-Israel” Politics
Romney’s frequent declarations that there would be “not an inch” of difference between the U.S. and Israel under his administration summed up the ridiculous degree of “pro-Israel” fervor that Republican politicians in particular now feel obliged to express. It has already become commonplace to acknowledge that there is a growing partisan gap in opinion polls on U.S. Israel policy. A Pew survey from the start of this year found the gap to be very wide:
You’ll notice that Republican sympathy with Israel started skyrocketing at the start of the last decade and has now climbed to an all-time high. What Republicans consistently keep missing is that all of this is gradually working to their disadvantage. Part of this comes from ignoring the fact that most Americans now tend to recoil from knee-jerk hawkishness in general, but it’s also a result of grossly overestimating how popular the status quo on Israel policy is. As Republicans become more resolutely and uniformly a party of “pro-Israel” hawks, they are separating themselves more and more from the rest of the country. As they are on other issues, Republicans are increasingly at odds the views of younger voters, who are more likely to sympathize with neither side or even take a more “pro-Palestinian” view of the conflict:
American sympathy for Israel is real enough (especially when contrasted with general lack of sympathy with Israel’s neighbors), but it doesn’t translate into broad support for extremely one-sided U.S. backing of Israel. Polls have consistently found that a large majority believes that the U.S. shouldn’t take sides in the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. It was an article of faith endorsed by members of both parties during Hagel’s confirmation hearing that Israel is an extremely important ally, but most Americans don’t perceive Israel as an ally at all. As new cohorts of voters begin participating more regularly in elections, Republicans will find that their increasingly hard-line “pro-Israel” position has taken them into a political cul-de-sac.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/08/as-hag...
So, you support the Wahhabists and conservative Arab agenda of destroying Israel, right?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903417 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
HOT AIR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I say keep those congressional hearings coming. The GOP will overplay their hand, and most Americans have a pretty dim view of the GOP Congress already.
You really think a normal, middle class, non- FOX loon cares about any of this? Think again.
As soon as there is the next shiny new distraction ( OJ back in court, a kidnapping, another building collapsing) or we have the next mass shooting,all of this goes away in the mainstream media.
Polling already confirms that a large majority trust Hillary and Obama more than the GOP on everything.
I can barely hear you with your head buried in the sand....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903418 May 15, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Or this...which was totally OK by Bonehead and McChinless
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
President Bush signed a secret order in 2002 authorizing the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on U.S. citizens and foreign nationals in the United States, despite previous legal prohibitions against such domestic spying, sources with knowledge of the program said last night.
The super-secretive NSA, which has generally been barred from domestic spying except in narrow circumstances involving foreign nationals, has monitored the e-mail, telephone calls and other communications of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of people under the program, the New York Times disclosed last night.
Did you just say "Bush did it, too"?
If you thought Bush was such a great president, why didn't you get out in the streets and push for an amendment to the Constitution so Bush could have a third term?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#903419 May 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to cry, I will have to place you on ignore. So either suck it up or grow a pair, lightweight.But please continue those sessions with your "SHRINK".
The eyes are useless when your mind is blind with idiot ghost...Deranged idiot is not what you do. It's who you are.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#903420 May 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was going to invade the country that attacked us on 9/11(2001). That country happened to be Afghanistan.
Question answered. End of discussion.
Next topic?
How many Afghani citizens participated in 9-11?

But hey, first we have a flock of right whiners say we would have invaded Afghanistan if Bin Laden was not there.

& now we have you declaring that Afghanistan attacked us.

Al Qaeda had camps in Sudan & Yemen, why wasn't it Yemen & Sudan that attacked us?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903421 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Majorities of those 65 and older (58%) and those 50 to 64 (also 58%), sympathized more with Israel, compared with just 38% of those younger than 30.
http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/08/as-hag...
so you're soon to be on the wrong side of that issue.
That's consistent with the increased profusion of lies from the government and media coinciding with the maturation of the younger population. They are merely exposed to more indoctrination of propaganda, and have less years of experiences to use in their analysis. Additionally, the younger age group is significantly less educated than the older group because our education system has been on a constant decline for 40+ years. Thus, they are less able to detect bullshit from Democrats.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#903422 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Afghani citizens participated in 9-11?
But hey, first we have a flock of right whiners say we would have invaded Afghanistan if Bin Laden was not there.
& now we have you declaring that Afghanistan attacked us.
Al Qaeda had camps in Sudan & Yemen, why wasn't it Yemen & Sudan that attacked us?
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- Saying "there will be no sanctuary for terrorists," President Clinton on Thursday said the U.S. strikes against terrorist bases in Afghanistan and a facility in Sudan are part of "a long, ongoing struggle between freedom and fanaticism."

http://www.cnn.com/US/9808/20/us.strikes.01/

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903423 May 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
thank you G.W.
The Department of Justice sent a letter to the Associated Press on Tuesday, which was provided to TPM, saying that it acted within the law when subpoenaing the phone records of AP journalists as part of a criminal investigation.
"The subpoenas were limited to a reasonable period of time and did not seek the content of any calls," DOJ Deputy Attorney General James Cole wrote to AP President and CEO Gary Pruitt. "In addition, these records have been closely held and reviewed solely for the purposes of this ongoing criminal investigation. The records have not been and will not be provided for use in any other investigations."
"We strive in every case to strike the proper balance between the public's interest in the free flow of infomation and the public's interest in the protection of national security and effective enforcement of our criminal laws. We believe we have done so in this matter."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/d...
You seem to have all the information there... except for one small detail.
What was the crime they were investigating?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#903424 May 15, 2013
President Clinton ignored the sovereignty of Sudan and Afghanistan and launched a theatrical bombardment which overshadowed his recent sex scandal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy_o...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#903426 May 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Afghani citizens participated in 9-11?
But hey, first we have a flock of right whiners say we would have invaded Afghanistan if Bin Laden was not there.
& now we have you declaring that Afghanistan attacked us.
Al Qaeda had camps in Sudan & Yemen, why wasn't it Yemen & Sudan that attacked us?
In case you don't know who lives in Afghanistan, the Taliban lives there. bin Laden set up his headquarters there. The vast majority of jihadists were being trained there.
Assuming you aren't one of the most ignorant people in the world, what is your next question? Or, is it necessary to explain who controlled the government of Afghanistan to you?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#903428 May 15, 2013
DETROIT — A Saudi man was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after federal agents said he lied about why he was traveling with a pressure cooker, but his nephew said Monday that it was all a misunderstanding about a device he simply wanted for cooking.

Two pressure cookers were used in last month's Boston Marathon bombings.

Hussain Al Khawahir was being held in Detroit on allegations of lying to Customs and Border Protection agents and of using a passport with a missing page. He was arrested Saturday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/huss...

(this guy is either lying or he is a total idiot)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#903429 May 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to cry, I will have to place you on ignore. So either suck it up or grow a pair, lightweight.But please continue those sessions with your "SHRINK".
Does anyone read dumbriders posts?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#903430 May 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2009 Holder went to Mexico and discussed this very program with the Mexican government. After Holder's discussions with the government of Mexico, Holder ordered the GPS tracking devices previously used to track the guns not be used. After Holder's discussions with the government of Mexico, Holder ordered the guns not be intercepted before they entered Mexico. After Holder's discussions with the government of Mexico, Holder increased the number of guns in the program from 300 to 2000.
After the public became aware of Eric Holder running guns for the Mexican drug cartels, Holder fired some government workers that were only doing what they were ordered to do.
Wow, you mean that we were working with the Mexican government to find out who was buying all the guns being smuggled into Mexico and break up that aspect?

I guess those dumbass drug lords were too stupid to know some guns had GPS tracking.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#903431 May 15, 2013
What a bunch of beauts on here.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#903432 May 15, 2013
Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some stuff on another past president:
Republicans are beside themselves. They’re “shocked” that President Obama still remains in the White House after their made up Benghazi “scandal” backfired, and now there’s this IRS situation—which the President has come out and quickly denounced (and had nothing to do with).
Who cares if neither of these issues warrants an impeachment, Republicans are beginning to demand that the subject be mentioned. To them, Obama has been the worst, and most corrupt, President in United States history.
It’s easy to see why they feel this way: they watch Fox News. That entire network builds its platform on “Obama is scary because…”
But,“What if Obama’s first 4 years were almost identical to George W. Bush’s first 4 years?”
Just imagine if during President Obama’s first term:
*He’s “elected” President when the United States Supreme Court overrules Florida’s Supreme Court call for a statewide recount, thus becoming President of the United States—even though he lost the popular vote.
*8 months after he took office we experienced the worst terrorist attack in United States history, and there was solid evidence presented that he had intelligence saying that a terrorist group was planning on attack on United States soil—but did nothing.
*Video was shown of his reaction to being told that the United States was under attack, and he sat there for a few minutes with a blank look on his face—doing nothing.
*Our economy went from a balanced budget, and a budget surplus, back to deficits—every year he had been President.
*The longest period of economic growth in American history—came to an end.
*We started a war with Iraq. About 2 months after the start of the war he then decided to land on an aircraft carrier (in a flight suit) to declare “Mission Accomplished.” Yet 2 years later, over 2,000 American soldiers had died and not a single weapon of mass destruction had been found.
*4 years after the 9/11 attack, Osama bin Ladin had still not been captured.
*Reports, and photos, of abuse by the U.S. Army against Iraqi prisoners surfaces at the Abu Ghraib prison.
*We saw 5 different attacks on American embassies.
*Attorney General John Ashcroft appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee to discuss the first leaked pieces coming to light of communication within the intelligence community about the authorization of torture on prisoners of war to extract information (Bush later admitted he authorized torture and would do it again).
*Told Iraqi insurgents to “Bring it on.”
And that’s not even everything. Those are just a few “bullet points” from Bush’s first 4 years as President.
They weren't appalled, shocked or disgusted …. they re-elected him!
Everyone can quit watching Fox news now, the rest of the media is covering Obamaishitgate.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#903433 May 15, 2013
Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some stuff on another past president:
Republicans are beside themselves. They’re “shocked” that President Obama still remains in the White House after their made up Benghazi “scandal” backfired, and now there’s this IRS situation—which the President has come out and quickly denounced (and had nothing to do with).
Who cares if neither of these issues warrants an impeachment, Republicans are beginning to demand that the subject be mentioned. To them, Obama has been the worst, and most corrupt, President in United States history.
It’s easy to see why they feel this way: they watch Fox News. That entire network builds its platform on “Obama is scary because…”
But,“What if Obama’s first 4 years were almost identical to George W. Bush’s first 4 years?”
Just imagine if during President Obama’s first term:
*He’s “elected” President when the United States Supreme Court overrules Florida’s Supreme Court call for a statewide recount, thus becoming President of the United States—even though he lost the popular vote.
*8 months after he took office we experienced the worst terrorist attack in United States history, and there was solid evidence presented that he had intelligence saying that a terrorist group was planning on attack on United States soil—but did nothing.
*Video was shown of his reaction to being told that the United States was under attack, and he sat there for a few minutes with a blank look on his face—doing nothing.
*Our economy went from a balanced budget, and a budget surplus, back to deficits—every year he had been President.
*The longest period of economic growth in American history—came to an end.
*We started a war with Iraq. About 2 months after the start of the war he then decided to land on an aircraft carrier (in a flight suit) to declare “Mission Accomplished.” Yet 2 years later, over 2,000 American soldiers had died and not a single weapon of mass destruction had been found.
*4 years after the 9/11 attack, Osama bin Ladin had still not been captured.
*Reports, and photos, of abuse by the U.S. Army against Iraqi prisoners surfaces at the Abu Ghraib prison.
*We saw 5 different attacks on American embassies.
*Attorney General John Ashcroft appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee to discuss the first leaked pieces coming to light of communication within the intelligence community about the authorization of torture on prisoners of war to extract information (Bush later admitted he authorized torture and would do it again).
*Told Iraqi insurgents to “Bring it on.”
And that’s not even everything. Those are just a few “bullet points” from Bush’s first 4 years as President.
They weren't appalled, shocked or disgusted …. they re-elected him!
You're still an idiot Patrick...

The foreign policy of the Bill Clinton administration was the foreign policy of the United States from 1993 to 2001 under the Administration of President Bill Clinton. Clinton's main foreign policy advisors were Secretaries of State Warren Christopher and Madeleine Albright and National Security Advisors Anthony Lake and Sandy Berger.

President Clinton assumed office shortly after the fall of the Soviet Union and end of the Cold War, but nevertheless was forced to confront numerous international conflicts. Shortly after taking office, Clinton had to decide whether the United States, as a world superpower, should have a say in the conflicts and violence occurring in Somalia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, and Haiti.

Clinton also spent much of his foreign policy on the conflicts in the former Yugoslavia, East Timor, Northern Ireland, and the Middle East, with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in particular.

You are a conduit of moron and idiot, you stupid fool.......
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#903434 May 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
DETROIT — A Saudi man was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after federal agents said he lied about why he was traveling with a pressure cooker, but his nephew said Monday that it was all a misunderstanding about a device he simply wanted for cooking.
Two pressure cookers were used in last month's Boston Marathon bombings.
Hussain Al Khawahir was being held in Detroit on allegations of lying to Customs and Border Protection agents and of using a passport with a missing page. He was arrested Saturday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/huss...
(this guy is either lying or he is a total idiot)
You Neo-Nazi liberals opposed the Invasion of Iraq. Basically the Neo-Nazi liberals support any Arab country because they all oppose Israel and support exterminating the Jews you idiot racist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min woodtick57 189,537
Amy 5-22-15 11 min PEllen 2
Dear Abby 5-22-15 28 min PEllen 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min IB DaMann 53,438
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,039
News 1 dead, 6 wounded in city violence 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 70,009
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]