Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903046 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Big surprise, Eman jumps in to protect the use of slurs. Calling a black man "boy" is a racist slur. Everyone know this.
If Obama doesn't want to be called "boy", then he should act like a man and accept responsibility for his failures.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#903047 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, if Bin Laden was hiding in the Sudan again, Flack says we would still have invaded Afghanistan.
Terrorists have camps in a wide range of countries & remain there with little government hassle. Why Afghanistan??? There were camps in North Africa, Yemen, Sudan, etc.
You people are wacked out.
The last I looked we are doing just that. Not to the extent of Afghanistan or Iraq but we are there. Scale of force to threat is a good scale to have. Besides the last three are not governments that support terrorism, I don't think. They are states with terrorism in them. You reading comprehension does you in again.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#903048 May 14, 2013
I need some personal advise from anyone who is retired and receiving SS.

Do you have to wait two months after your birth date and turning 62 for the first SS check to arrive?

It was explained to me that you have to be one month "eligible" and then the check is one month behind that.

I always thought you were officially retired upon turning 62, SS checks and all, which isn't really the case if you have to work two more months.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903049 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan had no viable government in 2001. The Taliban was the government and harbored the terrorists who conducted the 9/11 attack.
The only mistake made by Bush in Afghanistan was not using nuclear weapons to kill every one of the bastards.
Tell it to DBWriter aka Colonel Flagg he is insisting Afghanistan attacked the U.S. and a full scale invasion of Iraq was necessary because there was one terrorist there who by all accounts was already dead at the hands of Saddam. He's making all this stuff up not me, take it up with him. You'd think he worked for the Bush administration.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#903050 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No difference. Women in combat are a joke because they lack the physical ability and put the men in danger because of a perceived need to protect them.
Helicopter pilots, Medivac nurses and more.

Women are not serving in the infantry/artillery/armored you stupid fk__but those exposed to combat, as Jessica Lynch was, should be awarded for their contributions through pay and promotion.

Pay attention mutt__or STFU.

Location hidden

#903051 May 14, 2013
...nothing to see here...

"EPA waives fee requests for friendly groups, denies conservative groups"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2529609...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903052 May 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't say by the US. Secured could mean simply not allowing him to leave. Didn't have to be under guard.
Flack now throwing dirt over himself as he stands in his self dug hole.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903053 May 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno, maybe it's better to raise a child by the mother as they are the nurturers and caregivers, look at the Momrmons and their multiple wives. Is it better to have a single mom raising a child or a mother and abusive father, or at least verbally abusive, domineering, wife-beater t-shirt wearing rightwinger-type father?
Culture decides the whole family unit but who is to say what's best?
I think for the most part money/finances is more the issue and not necessarily being raised by one parent.
Homer is partially correct in that families headed by an unwed mother are way more likely to be living in poverty.

However, male children need their father in the house to show them how to be men instead of wimps.

Location hidden

#903054 May 14, 2013
democrats and nothing to see here...

"It gets worse: IRS leaked conservative groups’ confidential documents to ProPublica"

http://twitchy.com/2013/05/13/it-gets-worse-i...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903055 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sterilization is the most effective and least costly method of birth control.
It's what the Nazi's prescribed.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#903056 May 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno, maybe it's better to raise a child by the mother as they are the nurturers and caregivers, look at the Momrmons and their multiple wives. Is it better to have a single mom raising a child or a mother and abusive father, or at least verbally abusive, domineering, wife-beater t-shirt wearing rightwinger-type father?
Culture decides the whole family unit but who is to say what's best?
I think for the most part money/finances is more the issue and not necessarily being raised by one parent.
How many kids do you have?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903057 May 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He escaped into pakistan. Did we invade pakistan?
We may have, have to check with DBWriter on this one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903058 May 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the fact that a 110-120 pound woman cannot possibly hoist a 200 pound man over her shoulder and run with him to cover.
This decision will kill more servicemen than would otherwise be killed.
Sheer insanity and a complete sacrifice of soldier's lives for a political agenda.

Orlando, FL

#903059 May 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me one American that does not have access to birth control.
Especially since free birth control is how Obama got reelected.

Wonder if the number of abortions will plummet now. We probably shouldn't hold our breath.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#903060 May 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest you are the first person I have ever come across(rightwinger/leftwinger oor middlewinger) that has stated unequivocally that Afghanistan attacked the United States.
You remind me of Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H*.
IMO you are insane.
The 9/11 attack originated from within Afghanistan with no opposition from whatever government existed.

Orlando, FL

#903061 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
No need to watch Fox today.
The other networks are actually covering the news for a change.
Huge problem for Obama.
But a great day for America.

Location hidden

#903062 May 14, 2013
...nothing to see here...

"speech codes" at Universities?

"The Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights is telling universities to institute speech codes. And not just any old speech codes: Under these speech codes, universities would be required to prohibit students from, for instance,

example:
{...saying “unwelcome”“sexual or dirty jokes”}

http://www.volokh.com/2013/05/13/the-administ...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#903063 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is partially correct in that families headed by an unwed mother are way more likely to be living in poverty.
However, male children need their father in the house to show them how to be men instead of wimps.
You strike me as an anti-women type of guy. Do you find yourself pining away for the 1950's when a woman knew her place?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#903064 May 14, 2013
White House emails obtained by ABC News and other organizations last week that purportedly detailed extensive editing of talking points Obama officials used in the aftermath of the Bengahzi, Libya attacks appear to have been misquoted or mischaracterized to emphasize the administration's focus on those talking points, according to CNN's Jake Tapper.

ABC News reported that White House Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes wrote an email dated 9/14/12 that said the State Department’s concerns about the details of the attack needed to be addressed in the final talking points. Rhodes was responding to State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, who emailed that she was concerned the talking points could damage “my building’s leadership.”

“We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation," Rhodes said, according to ABC. "We thus will work through the talking points tomorrow morning at the Deputies Committee meeting.”

CNN speculates that whoever leaked the White House emails "seemingly invented the notion" that Rhodes, a White House official, wanted State's concerns specifically addressed. Asked about the ABC report on Friday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said that the only edit the administration made to the talking points was to a "non-substantive correction," changing the word "consulate" to "diplomatic post."

Carney on Tuesday accused Republicans of editing the emails in order to to serve a political agenda.

"I think the entire e-mail, the report I read showed the entire e-mail, and what it showed is Republicans who were leaking these press, these e-mails that had been shared with Congress didn't just do that, they decided to fabricate portions of an e-mail and make up portions of an e-mail in order to fit a political narrative," he said at a White House press conference.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#903065 May 14, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min dont drink the ko... 47,030
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min HughBe 69,531
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Cali Girl 2014 50,047
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 46 min edogxxx 98,358
Amy 10-1 1 hr pde 5
Amy - 9-29-2014 1 hr Ralph 30
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,755
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,605
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]