Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902967 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the articles on FoxNews are AP stories, like the one Galt posted earlier on wind turbines killing rare birds.
Are those stories wrong as well just because Fox picks them up?
I didn't say all their stories were embellished on.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902968 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those who received defective parenting.
Republicans?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902969 May 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> SHHHH! You're going to confuse him. That doesn't fit the play book.
Isn't there some cheap Chinese made crap you should be purchasing at Walmart right about now?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902970 May 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just where did I say we had him in a secure area? I said he was contained. Bring him to justice? Making a matyr would have been the worse thing at the time. It was better that he fell off the Earth into obscurity.
LOL! You have completely lost your fcking mind. Must be all the lead from the Chinese made crap you purchase from Walmart which helps support your Communist Chinese overlords.
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#902971 May 14, 2013
Lame duck buck wrote:
<quoted text> What killed the Kurdish people, fart gas? Smh@ DUMBFCUKS.
How can you call somebody dumbf cks, when you don't even know what you're talking about? First Reagan have him the WMDs when he did use them on his people. Second, that happened so long before 2001 so, Bush wasn't talking about those WMDs. Not to mention, Bush 41 bombed everything in Iraq in 92", & Clinton bombed his military capabilities, facilities, storages ect...in 98". There was no WMDs to speak of!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#902972 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if Bin Laden was hiding in the Sudan, Bush would have still invaded Afghanistan??
Really.
Or the idea Bin Laden was in Afghanistan was the reason Bush invaded there instead of the other countries known to have harbored terrorist groups.
Bush did invade another country harboring international terrorists: Iraq.
The reason we had a military presence in Afghanistan is because Afghanistan attacked us and started a war. If it were some other country other than Afghanistan that started a war with us, we would have dealt with that country. But, it was Afghanistan that attacked us, not some other country.
In reality, it was the Arab Wahhabist jihad that attacked us. Afghanistan was the country that allowed itself to be where the attack came from. To fight the war they started, you have to fight them, and they come from every Arab country in the world. Pick the country best suited for success.
Mission accomplished.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#902973 May 14, 2013
Eric Holder hides his butt from DOJ AP spying by Obama Administration - the most "transparent " administration in history, so say the Liberals.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/14/ho...

Liberals claims Obama Administration does not spy on anyone!!!

United States

#902974 May 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>I do understand that. But women used to have to own up to the consequences of irresponsible behavior - by keeping the baby they created or giving it up for adoption. Of course, there was always the option of going to New York which at one time was the only state who performed abortions legally.

You can't even use the excuse of back alley abortions. Abortion clinics have their own horror stories. Look at Gosnell. He's just one who got caught.

I know you won't click on this link because you wouldn't like what you're reading.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/05/08/idU...

But I'd love to get your reaction.
Adoption?

Why adopt when you can kill?

Let the hundred thousand Americans looking to adopt to go to Russia instead!

See? There are not enough babies to adopt in America thanks to the Liberal baby killers that couples HAVE TO go to China and Russia to adopt!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#902975 May 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Many of whom were National Guard and Enlisted Reserve troops that never dreamed they'd be sent off to war, some on multiple tours.
Have you ever looked into how many of the US casualties were caused by IED's after the "mission accomplished" celebration?
Where was that celebration again?
Bullshit.
80 percent of all people who served in Vietnam were not drafted.
If you were in the reserves, the only way you would be sent to Vietnam is if you ignored your monthly requirement to spend one weekend with your reserve unit, and they activated you because you were too lazy to make just one weekend a month on duty.
No reserve unit was activated and sent to Vietnam. NONE. NADA. ZERO.
If you were drafted, and you were sent overseas, you were sent to Germany.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902976 May 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush did invade another country harboring international terrorists: Iraq.
The reason we had a military presence in Afghanistan is because Afghanistan attacked us and started a war. If it were some other country other than Afghanistan that started a war with us, we would have dealt with that country. But, it was Afghanistan that attacked us, not some other country.
In reality, it was the Arab Wahhabist jihad that attacked us. Afghanistan was the country that allowed itself to be where the attack came from. To fight the war they started, you have to fight them, and they come from every Arab country in the world. Pick the country best suited for success.
Mission accomplished.
Who were these international terrorists being hardbored in Iraq? When did Afghanistan attack us?

United States

#902977 May 14, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like teabaggers are blaming their own GOP. Is there more updates on the infighting and power struggles inside the Republican party? "The Ohio Tea Party is blasting the Ohio Republican Party (ORP) for raising money off the IRS’ recent apology for applying extra scrutiny to “Tea Party” and “Patriot” groups who sought nonprofit status.

“After using TEA Party and social conservative groups to help elect Republicans who have failed to represent our conservative views and values, the ORP is now attempting to use the illegal targeting of TEA Party groups by the IRS to raise money for itself,” said Tom Zawistowski, executive director of the Portage County TEA Party, in a statement.“They are doing so under the totally false claim that the ORP will in any way help our Liberty Groups fight the IRS. They can’t and they won’t. I find that totally classless.”

Zawistowski ran to be the chairman of the ORP in March but was soundly defeated by establishment candidate Matt Borges. After his loss, Zawistowski said the state’s Tea Partiers “would either find a political party to join or we would start one of our own.” Check this out: http://www.nationalmemo.com/ohio-tea-party-to... Can a political party secede from itself?:-D
Anything to defend Obama!!!

Looks like Fetch Almighty just schooled you on reality!!!

Pelosi did requested Obama to use IRS as a political tool to punish anyone with different points of views!

United States

#902978 May 14, 2013
TSM wrote:
Fox News to Liberals is Like Kryptonite to Superman!!
Thumps up!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#902979 May 14, 2013
you know what is going on when you see President Obama say this:

The whole issue of talking points, frankly, throughout this process has been a sideshow. What we have been very clear about throughout was that immediately after this event happened we were not clear who exactly had carried it out, how it had occurred, what the motivations were.

translation: STOP LOOKING AT WHAT I DID, AND START LOOKING AT THE PEOPLE ACCUSING ME OF WRONGDOING.

Weve seen this tactic before:THE VAST RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY.

We know the presidents claim that there was confusion is FALSE, because EVERYONE ON THE GROUND WAS CLEARLY TELLING THEIR BOSSES THAT THIS WAS A TERROR ATTACK FROM THE BEGINNING.

No one in Benghazi or Libya was saying this was a protest as a result of a YouTube video. Where did that idea come from? Who within the administration decided to take accurate information and start inserting inaccurate information?

The president continues:
It happened at the same time as we had seen attacks on U.S. embassies in Cairo as a consequence of this film. And nobody understood exactly what was taking place during the course of those first few days.

No, the folks on the ground understood what was taking place. They just said so before Congress and a lot of television cameras. WHY IS THE PRESIDENT CONFUSED ABOUT THIS?

Obama continues:
And the fact that this keeps on getting churned out, frankly, has a lot to do with political motivations. Weve had folks who have challenged Hillary Clintons integrity, Susan Rices integrity, Mike Mullen and Tom Pickerings integrity. Its a given that mine gets challenged by these same folks. Theyve used it for fundraising.

The motivations and/fundraising of those who disagree with you are irrelevant to whether or not youre telling the truth, Mr. President.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#902980 May 14, 2013
I just love this so-called "liberal" so-called "logic":

Let's kill all infants a mother doesn't want, then let's go half way around the world to adopt one.

How about this:
Everyone knows where babies come from.
Everyone has access to birth control.
Everyone should be responsible for their own choices. If you choose to f**k some worthless dirtbag who doesn't give a sh*t about you, you have to live with the consequences derived directly from your own choices.
You say you need availability of abortion. What you really need is to use birth control and make better choices in the people you drop your drawers for.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#902981 May 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Any indication that you would like children in the US to be covered by health care? Your taxes?
....or is it just the fetus you care about? Your politics?
CHIP - or SCHIP - was already in place before Obamacare.

It was created in 1997. It was passed by both parties by a bipartisan vote.

It was to provide health care coverage to low-income children.

The reauthorization bill required in 2007 would have benefited adults as well as non-U.S. citizens and proposed expansion for families with annual incomes up to $82,600.

Bush would not sign this bill for obvious reasons. A family income of $82,600 is not low-income.

The second proposed reauthorization bill prevented adults from joining but, again, covered families with annual incomes up to $62,000.

Even $62,000 is not considering low-income.

However, the extension of SCHIP through March 31, 2009, was signed by President Bush in 2007.

The Democrats moved quickly after Obama's election to expand the coverage to 4 million more including illegal immigrants with no waiting period. Increasing taxes on tobacco products was supposed to fund this massive expansion.

The income requirement under the 2009 bill, I don't know.

But, yes, children should, are and have been covered under CHIP since 1997.

Do you agree with funding millions of illegal immigrants?

Just curious.

I think all children should be covered no matter what as long as it doesn't put a burden on middle income taxpayers. They're burdened enough already. I have serioud doubts increasing taxes on cigarette products alone will cover the expansive costs.

Your thoughts?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#902982 May 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Who were these international terrorists being hardbored in Iraq? When did Afghanistan attack us?
In case you just woke up from a fifteen-year, Abu Nidal, for one.
In case this information wasn't in your indoctrination sessions, Saddam Hussein was giving money to mothers of suicide bombers.
In case you were still abducted by aliens at that time, Afghanistan attacked us on September 11, 2001.
When did the aliens return you to Earth?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#902983 May 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It must be hell looking at the world through your kaleidescope eyes?
Promoting LSD will not permit your obvious resistance to answer the question. Would we have invade Afghanistan if Bin Laden was not there? So far, you have basically said yes. He is a chance to confirm that in a direct way.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#902984 May 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there is a distinct possibility that Obama really doesn't know what's going on around him. The 'puppet' theory might be closer to the truth than previously thought. Instead of the media being in his back pocket, the reverse may be the case - but I doubt it.
Is that like Bill Clintons It depends on what the meaning of the word is is?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#902985 May 14, 2013
Isn't Planned Parenthood's primary objective to prevent unplanned parenthood?

Shouldn't they be advertising that more?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#902987 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided the question Eman Eed.
So why was Afghanistan the center of this planning & finance as you said???
Ummmmmm. Let me think.
Do ya think it was because BIN LADEN WAS THERE?
Will just one of you right whiners admit we invaded Afghanistan to get on Laden??
Is there one??? Carol?? Jimmy? No Surprize/TSM?? Dumbwaiter? Galt?
So far we have Flack & Eman saying we would have invaded Afghanistan if Bin Laden was somewhere else.
We could have gone after obl without invading. There was more to it than obl being there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,357
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,657
Abby 10-23-14 1 hr pde 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,087
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Stina2 98,502
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago