Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#902763 May 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there is a distinct possibility that Obama really doesn't know what's going on around him. The 'puppet' theory might be closer to the truth than previously thought. Instead of the media being in his back pocket, the reverse may be the case - but I doubt it.
The "puppet" theory comes as no surprise to me and a lot of other people. I, myself, have been saying since November 2008 he just a front man and carefully selected by the powers that be. Others have called him an "empty suit" for the same amount of time.

He said he heard about the IRS targeting his opposition in the news at the same time along with the rest of us.

Seriously? Doesn't he have daily briefings by all departments in his administration? And he was never given a heads up by the Treasury Department that the IRS debacle was about to be exposed?

I find that incredulous and very distrubing at the same time.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902764 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
The IRS & he right whiner groups.
After Citizen's United SC decision, thousands of groups were looking for tax exempt status as a way of funding political campaigns.
Under the code for that type of tax exempt organization, the IRS defines it as:
"the promotion of social welfare does not include direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office." That said, "a section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization may engage in some political activities, so long as that is not its primary activity."
So, how do you determine if these political agendas were not the primary activity?
All churches and pacs should lose tax exempt status.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#902765 May 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
or cite it if you can find a non-nutjob site to cite.
They are still doing it today! All Saints Pasadena Rector Condemns “Evangelical Zionism,” Israel

December 13, 2012

On December 15, All Saints Episcopal Church of Pasadena hosted the annual convention of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, a group with Muslim Brotherhood origins and a controversial past. The question of why All Saints would collaborate with this specific group persisted. The answer came during the event when Reverend Ed Bacon listed “acts of evil” committed by Christians and included “evangelical Zionism.”

The first hint of a political objective behind this interfaith gathering came during a December 6 press conference. Salam al-Marayati, the president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), said that his organization seeks to help the U.S. act as an “honest broker” for peace in the Middle East. This is a soft way of saying that the U.S. must take a tough stand towards Israel, as evidenced by MPAC’s record of anti-Israel activism. The All Saints Episcopal Church leadership was standing with him. You can watch the useful idiot libs for yourself.

http://shoebat.com/2012/12/29/video-useful-id...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902766 May 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack is now as irrelevant in DC as you are in your little world, phag.
Well, maybe not THAT bad......
Crawling around in your dank, basement cubby-hole getting claustrophobic for you, Fenris?
Democratic USA

United States

#902767 May 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe Boehner didn't invite President Obama to his daughters wedding. How rude.
what do you expect from the biggest idiot of the republican party second to bush?

Orlando, FL

#902768 May 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They're so appalled about the IRS story!! As if this has never been done before! Wiretaps? They never heard of such a thing? Was this a national wake up to these neanderthals the moment a black man got into the White House?
They're all excited, planning a double lynching of President Obama and Eric Holder.
Sickening beyond words.
It's hard to tell who's MORE appalled - Democrats or Republicans.

Are you paying attention to what Democrats are saying? Even die hard Democrats? Their outrage is quite astonishing.

Actually, the only other time this has been done before - deliberately targeting the opposition using the IRS - was under the Nixon administration.

You know how that story ended.
Lame duck buck

Lakeland, FL

#902769 May 14, 2013
Democratic USA wrote:
<quoted text> Really?? What about bush on the WMD as an excuse to go to war? Plz. Explain rhat one.
What killed the Kurdish people, fart gas? Smh@ DUMBFCUKS.
GREY GHOST

Partlow, VA

#902770 May 14, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to them saying "no" for the next three years, you wrinkled old phag....
No doubt, But I love just how stupid the Republicans have become, saying no while fellow Americans suffer from your eight years of miserable and failed leadership. You basically continue to shoot yourself in the foot, and way to filled with hatred to even see that.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#902771 May 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> If that was true, then why did Bush invade Afghanistan. I thought it was to get Bon Laden.
But you say Bush did not want get Bin Laden.
So,why aten't you running down the street screaming " OMG OMG cover up! Cover up" whrn Bush must have lied to invade Afghanistan???
Well???
God your a moran! The invasion was prior. We were bombing Torra Borra remember. It's just my opinion but I believe he crossed into Pakistan and was captured leaving Bush to deal with the Taliban and other people supporting terrorist. Like the IRA and Saddam. Remember the bombs going off all the time in Great Britain? Well that stopped. Right then. Right there. Saddam was paying the families of Palestinian suicide bombers $25,000 For blowing themselves up in Israel. Those come to a complete stop and they turned to rockets. You libtard morans cherry your history.

Bush said "Our enemy is a radical network of terrorist, and every government who supports them. Our war on terror begins with Al Qaeda, but does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated."

Taken from the Address of the Joint Session of Congress following the 9/11 Attacks.

You libards are a bunch of traitors!!!

Orlando, FL

#902772 May 14, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you handle all the ignorance that floats like the excretment that is, on here, hour after hour some days?
I applaud your patience in being so tolerant of such repeated ignorance!
All truth seekers are like that, I suppose.

There are a lot of us on here just trying to shed some light into the darkness.

Some people just refuse to take off their blinders.

But one can always hope.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#902773 May 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama Killing Golden Eagles for Politics
CONVERSE COUNTY, Wyo.– The Obama administration has never fined or prosecuted a wind farm for killing eagles and other protected bird species, shielding the industry from liability and helping keep the scope of the deaths secret, an Associated Press investigation has found.
More than 573,000 birds are killed by the country's wind farms each year, including 83,000 hunting birds such as hawks, falcons and eagles, according to an estimate published in March in the peer-reviewed Wildlife Society Bulletin.
Each death is federal crime, a charge that the Obama administration has used to prosecute oil companies when birds drown in their waste pits, and power companies when birds are electrocuted by their power lines. No wind energy company has been prosecuted, even those that repeatedly flout the law.
Wind power, a pollution-free energy intended to ease global warming, is a cornerstone of President Barack Obama's energy plan. His administration has championed a $1 billion-a-year tax break to the industry that has nearly doubled the amount of wind power in his first term.
The large death toll at wind farms shows how the renewable energy rush comes with its own environmental consequences, trade-offs the Obama administration is willing to make in the name of cleaner energy.
"It is the rationale that we have to get off of carbon, we have to get off of fossil fuels, that allows them to justify this," said Tom Dougherty, a long-time environmentalist who worked for nearly 20 years for the National Wildlife Federation in the West, until his retirement in 2008. "But at what cost? In this case, the cost is too high."
Documents and emails obtained by The Associated Press offer glimpses of the problem: 14 deaths at seven facilities in California, five each in New Mexico and Oregon, one in Washington state and another in Nevada, where an eagle was found with a hole in its neck, exposing the bone.
One of the deadliest places in the country for golden eagles is Wyoming, where federal officials said wind farms had killed more than four dozen golden eagles since 2009, predominantly in the southeastern part of the state. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to disclose the figures. Getting precise figures is impossible because many companies aren't required to disclose how many birds they kill. And when they do, experts say, the data can be unreliable.
Obama's first Wyoming wind farm opened in 1999 and several others came on line beginning in 2001. wyomingenergynews.com has some interesting articles if you're up for it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902774 May 14, 2013
After over four hours of debate, the Minnesota Senate voted 37-30 on Monday to pass marriage equality legislation, cementing Minnesota as the 12th state to recognize the marriages of same-sex couples. The vote was largely along party lines, with only three Democrats voting no and only one Republican, Sen. Branden Petersen, voted yes. The House passed the bill on Thursday with a 75-59 vote, and Gov. Mark Dayton (DFL) has promised to sign it as early as Tuesday. It will take effect August 1st.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#902775 May 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you paying attention to what Democrats are saying? Even die hard Democrats? Their outrage is quite astonishing.
Actually, the only other time this has been done before - deliberately targeting the opposition using the IRS - was under the Nixon administration.
There have been several Bush era examples posted on this thread since yesterday idiot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902776 May 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> God your a moran! The invasion was prior. We were bombing Torra Borra remember. It's just my opinion but I believe he crossed into Pakistan and was captured leaving Bush to deal with the Taliban and other people supporting terrorist. Like the IRA and Saddam. Remember the bombs going off all the time in Great Britain? Well that stopped. Right then. Right there. Saddam was paying the families of Palestinian suicide bombers $25,000 For blowing themselves up in Israel. Those come to a complete stop and they turned to rockets. You libtard morans cherry your history.
Bush said "Our enemy is a radical network of terrorist, and every government who supports them. Our war on terror begins with Al Qaeda, but does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated."
Taken from the Address of the Joint Session of Congress following the 9/11 Attacks.
You libards are a bunch of traitors!!!
Traitors? No, you have that backwards. It is you retardicans who are traitors to the American people. Now, hurry off to Wallyworld.
Democratic USA

United States

#902777 May 14, 2013
full of it wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of SHIT !!!!!!
you were born leaking it, remember?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902778 May 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's first Wyoming wind farm opened in 1999 and several others came on line beginning in 2001. wyomingenergynews.com has some interesting articles if you're up for it.
LOL

Orlando, FL

#902779 May 14, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you handle all the ignorance that floats like the excretment that is, on here, hour after hour some days?
I applaud your patience in being so tolerant of such repeated ignorance!
Posters like Realtime don't applaud my tolerance though.

He once said that I think I'm the Queen Bee on here. Which I found sort of flattering since he apparently thought that more than me.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902780 May 14, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother, and the dish ran away with the spoon.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#902781 May 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There have been several Bush era examples posted on this thread since yesterday idiot.
I swear she should get a check from Bush for being the last living total loyalist. Hell, let's send her photo to the library, in the section that says "What Would You Do"?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#902782 May 14, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>After he had escaped, Bin Laden crowed about how the U.S. had let him go..... Clinton couldn't pull the trigger when he had the chance.

OMG a tall Arab dude. Nuke the bastard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy 1-25 5 min PEllen 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 70,103
abby 10-25 7 min PEllen 1
Man fatally stabbed, 8 other people shot in Thu... 29 min reality is a crutch 1
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 52 min Swedenforever 54,525
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min scirocco 68,668
Health tips from healthy 70 yr. old 1 hr actorvet 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr jacques Ottawa 179,459
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]