Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#902272 May 13, 2013
IRS Ends 2-Year Probe Of NAACP's Tax Status

Angela Ciccolo, an NAACP lawyer, noted that although Bond's remarks were made in July 2004, the investigation did not begin until October, just when the NAACP was attempting to register voters. "The timing of the investigation is critical," she said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902273 May 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
poor China.
And poor Canada.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#902274 May 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wish I'd said that.
BTW that clown has been here since the beginning and has yet to post anything of interest?
You're pretty desperate to team up with mini me. Lets see, we have a brand new copy cat character made up because of me and an unregistered who's post count isn't tallied by this site crying about post counts. Just post your resume, butwipe.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#902275 May 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That evil Katie trapped Palin by asking what she read. We all knew right whiners are too stupid to read. Katie should not have embarrassed Palin by asking a question that we ll knew she couldn't answer.
You and I both don't know what in the hell you are talking about, Dood.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#902276 May 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Tried that ;didn't happen when George W Bush tried to jump-start a nuclear renaissance in the U S in 2005(mostly on borrowed Chinese money),but Wall Street refused to go along because nukes are the worst, riskiest speculative bets in the market. Get it;the irony here? Wall Street banks who nearly brought down the entire U S financial system and ignited a world-wide recession with risky, speculative bets on exotic derivatives trading told Bush that NUKES were TOO RISKY even for them to invest their money in!
Tell that to Obama. Seems I remember him throwing a few billion towards building some new nuke plants.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#902277 May 13, 2013
<quoted text> Tried that ;didn't happen when George W Bush tried to jump-start a nuclear renaissance in the U S in 2005(mostly on borrowed Chinese money),but Wall Street refused to go along because nukes are the worst, riskiest speculative bets in the market. Get it;the irony here? Wall Street banks who nearly brought down the entire U S financial system and ignited a world-wide recession with risky, speculative bets on exotic derivatives trading told Bush that NUKES were TOO RISKY even for them to invest their money in!
When additional electric power is necessary, nuclear power will return. In fact, if existing nuclear plants are shut down, the power supply will be seriously strained.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902278 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to justify IRS Gestapo tactics?
You mean a Bush W appointee IRS 'Gestapo tactics'; don't you?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#902279 May 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact. Look at how they attacked NJ Raider about a month ago over the phag/gay issue because NJ Raider didn't go along. The DemocRATS here were like a bunch of piranha fish.
The sad part is even when the Democrat Political Hacks (including Obama) present an obscenely ridiculous lie, the Kool-Aid drinking Bobbleheads just ask for more.
That was priceless. But lily is back to kissing nj's butt
do your homework

Mineola, NY

#902280 May 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, it was all in gest.
You think satirical political comedy is news but don't know when someone's really kidding around?
Is this correct?
That's 'jest' Bittie. Want a good laugh? Republicans believe Benghazi is the biggest scandal ever in American history and most of them couldn't tell you what country Benghazi is in!!! And that's not satire. Laugh it up!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#902281 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, what does one do with a degree in political science?
Do you or your school feel any guilt about putting students in debt for a worthless degree?
About the same thing you do with a liberal arts one. Bartender and waitress.

Lapeer, MI

#902282 May 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We discovered that man is killing it but you don't give a crap. Yeah burn that coal!!!!! Pump those greenhouse gases!!!!!!!!!
Stop breathing, Warthog, and you'll help with those greenhouse gases.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#902283 May 13, 2013
Insanity: US Approves Bee Death Pesticide as EU Bans It

May 13, 2013

Corporate politics is business as usual inside the United States, as I am once again shocked to report the EPA has sided with industry lobbyists over public health in approving a highly dangerous pesticide that the European Union recently decided to ban over fears of environmental devastation. Not only have neonicotinoid pesticides been linked repeatedly to mass bee deaths, also known as Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), but the continued use of such pesticides threatens other aspects of nature (and humans) as well.

What’s even more amazing is that the decision not only comes after the EU publicly discussed the major dangers surrounding the use of the pesticides, but after the USDA released a report surrounding the continued honeybee deaths and the related effects — a report in which they detailed pesticides to be a contributing factor. Just the impact on the honeybees alone, and we now know that these pesticides are killing aquatic life and subsequently the birds that feed upon them, amounts to a potential $200 billion in global damages per year. We’re talking about the devastation of over 100 crops, from apples to avocados and plums.

And there’s countless scientists and a large number of environmental science groups speaking out on this. The EPA has no lack of information the subject. And sure, there are other contributing factors to bee deaths, there’s no question about that. We have an environment right now being hit with Monsanto’s Roundup even in residential areas, we have chemical rain, we have insane amounts of EMF — but it’s pretty clear that neonicotinoid pesticides are at least a major contributing factor. And beyond that, they have no place in the food supply to begin with...

http://www.infowars.com/insanity-us-approves-...

In Our Nation, the EPA was Ruled to be UN-Constitutional thus UNLAWFUL in the early 1970's

http://www.libertyroundtable.com/2011/02/04/e...

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#902284 May 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bill Clinton got head from Lewinsky, he did nothing wrong."
Can you explain this insane stupidity in a sane way?
Lewinsky was given top security clearance to wander the White House because Bubba enjoyed screwing her lips and you say that he did nothing wrong?
Do you realize(probably not) how many politicians have been brought down by sex-kitten spies?
...and this piece of Arkansas used car salesman trash plays with the security of my country from the most powerful office on the face of this planet.
Did nothing wrong?
Get that shiteatin' grin off yer face and pull those pants up.
Okay, let put it in layman's terms for the lame! That's his dick & her mouth. Who do you think that you are to tell 2 consenting adults who's allowed to blow who?. I was under the impression she already had clearance given the fact she worked the white house
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902285 May 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How do you read past a radio report? The report said regulatory hold-ups by the Obama administration. Take it up with CBS.
You posted it as an AP headline dumbass. Get out of the house now! All that lead from all those Communist Chinese products you buy from Walmart is giving you dementia.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#902286 May 13, 2013
Where'd you get this list of liberal lackey-palabra points?
OIC, the NY Times. HA!
Let's just cut to the chase and address this point, the premise of your post:
"Let’s start by stating the obvious: Hillary Rodham Clinton would be a formidable presidential candidate in 2016 ...".
Hillary Rodham Clinton is no longer a formidable competitor for anything. Especially where a demanding, rigorous, strenuous political position requiring stability, stealth and physical fortitude are concerned and need to be SERIOUSLY considered.
Her failing health issues knock her out of the ring rapidità.
President of The United States ... Hee-Hee-HaaaaaHo!

She's blessed if she can be Chair Woman of some prestigious Women's Organization/Club. "Pant Suit Pussys For Dog Bites Unite".
Her mind is what made her formidable.
I said "made" past tense. After her stroke ( appears ) she lost her sharp edge in reasoning, thinking, l-o-g-i-c-a-l . discernment and deduction.
"What difference, at this point, does it make??!!!"
... is running on short-fuse, fast-track-by-pass ( il ) logical.
NOT very presidential or dignified in caliber, integrity, diplomacy or foreboding formidability.
Not to mention her dereliction of duty(ies).

Why go any further? BUT, I don't mind throwing in The Benghazi Debacle and her lack of leadership skills in a position that inherently holds obligation, and requires accountability and responsibility at a high level of snap-it-out-sharp acumen;
The Secretary Of State, Hillary Rotten Clinton. < GUFFAW >.

She's been willing to bite the bullet, fall on the sword, sit second fiddle, play second string and be disgraced by and at the behest of 2 Men Seated in the highest power, and STILL she wasn't savvy, self-respecting enough to realize that by giving up her Senate Seat she was giving up her INDIVIDUAL power to instead do the bidding of 2 Corrupt Presidents. Who both used and abused her.
BUT for the sake of career and political gain, she sat side kick and got kicked to the curb. Shall I go on?

It 'aint' so *obvious* to me. Not by a long shot.

I didn't read the rest of your post.
Your First Sentence - The Premise - Was Faulty.
No Arguemnt can Stand Upon a Faulty Foundational Premise.

... And only because you replied was I extended the invitation to Wax Philosophical! lol ... ;)

Well, your Lincoln Log said to "have fun", "keep it ridin' on the razzins' edge" < so to speak > ... So, I Did!! G'Day Mate!.. ;)

PS Might as well run Wendy's Clara Peller for POTUS in 2016!!!! HaHaaHaaaa!..:)

**Your Post Edited For Character Length Requirements.
<quoted text>"Let’s start by stating the obvious: Hillary Rodham Clinton would be a formidable presidential candidate in 2016.

http://nyti.ms/STizU1
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902287 May 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
IRS Ends 2-Year Probe Of NAACP's Tax Status
Angela Ciccolo, an NAACP lawyer, noted that although Bond's remarks were made in July 2004, the investigation did not begin until October, just when the NAACP was attempting to register voters. "The timing of the investigation is critical," she said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
And Acorn, remember when they went after Acorn?

Lapeer, MI

#902288 May 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Consider me as confused as Terrence Jeffries. The voluble conservative gadfly let it slip on Sean Hannity's radio program today that he really doesn't know what possible motivation the Obama administration would have for altering talking points about the Benghazi terrorist attack, or in forcing Hillary Clinton to go along with a conspiracy to somehow cover up something having to do with the death of four American diplomats and intelligence officers.
A few seconds earlier, Jeffries had described a statement that went out from the U.S. embassy in Egypt attempting to calm passions amid the firefight.(He directly attributed the statement to Hillary Clinton, but hey, why let facts get in the way?) Said Jeffries: "They need to explain that Sean. They haven't done it yet. The root of it is Hillary Clinton."
Hannity isn't quite ready to move on. "I think Hillary was running interference for Obama but I'm convinced that the talking points had to go through the re-election campaign that was located in the White House."
But Jeffries must make sure that the blame lies with Hillary Clinton; the buck must stop with her, because she's going to run for president in 2016, and Jeffries needs to raise money off of her, and he needs to begin to draw a caricature of her as uncaring, unfeeling, and willing to let four Americans die rather than face up to the fact of an al Qaeda renaissance.
"I don't know the motive for why they covered up," he admitted, after Hannity tried to shift the focus back to Obama's National Security Council.
http://theweek.com/article/index/243922/yes-t...
"...as confused as Terrence Jeffries"????

How about if I just consider you as confused as Rodney King instead?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#902289 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>George W Bush majored in political science at Harvard and look how he turned out. So, did Robert Gates.
Bush received an MBA from Harvard after earning a BA in history from Yale.

Gates attended the College of William and Mary, graduating in 1965 with a B.A. in history. Gates then received an M.A. in history from Indiana University in 1966. He completed his Ph.D. in Russian and Soviet history from Georgetown University in 1974.

Political science is indoctrination, not science.

Do you ever get anything right?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902290 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting down a domestic airliner is far different than blowing up a bunch of Muslims in Benghazi. There was zero warning on the first three planes. But we were apparently prepared to shoot down the fourth plane.
There was no downside in blowing the crap out of Benghazi, even after we knew that the Americans were dead. Send a message, the only message that those people understand.
Yeah, dumbf**k and blow to smithereens all the friendlies too. That kind of stupid reasoning in the Bush W Administration(2001-2009) is how Americans came to be hated the world over and Bush W a wanted international war criminal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#902291 May 13, 2013
AP: Cancer, MS patients may face outrageous costs under Obamacare

Though the Associated Press acknowledges that insurers are forecasting double-digit premium increases for individual policies, it is also quick to note that the Obama administration “says the industry warnings are overblown.”

California Covered’s Dana Howard further argued that consumers will be protected because the law limits total out-of-pocket costs – the deductibles and copayments that policy holders are responsible for, apart from monthly premiums. In California, the annual out-of-pocket limit for an individual is $6,400, although it can be as low as $2,250 for low-income people.

But that’s still a lot of money, and if you are a smoker, for instance, insurers are allowed to charge you up to 50 percent higher premiums. For a 55-year-old smoker, the penalty could reach nearly $4,250 a year, on top of the standard premium

Quit smoking fckers!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min edogxxx 98,355
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 69,525
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Who 47,027
Amy 10-1 52 min pde 5
Amy - 9-29-2014 57 min Ralph 30
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,755
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 641
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 178,605

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]