Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263781 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#902242 May 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't have any recollection of the training that the Bin Laden Seals went through prior to the actual raid?
The US Benghazi mission and the CIA base were located between two hospitals and a university, if you weren't such a lazy bioch you would already know that.
So if you were the ambassador or one of the three other Americans, you'd be okay telling yourself this knowing you were going to die?

It's you who must not have any recollection of the urgent requests for more security that were denid a month in advance.

Wise up, Realtime.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#902243 May 13, 2013
At age 41, Jeff Fort is the nightmare of the 1960s that just won't go away. He made his reputation in that tumultuous decade as one of the leaders of the Blackstone Rangers street gang and its successor, the Black P Stone Nation. Hated and harassed by the police, admired and feared by thousands of poor black kids, embraced and funded by well-intentioned idealists trying to end gang violence and attack poverty and racism, he played a role in the lives of some of the biggest names in town: Richard J. Daley and his son, Charles Percy, Jim Thompson, James Montgomery, Jane Byrne, and Jesse Jackson, to name a few."

Fort remains in prison, "the first man in the United States to be convicted of terrorism," for trying to cut a deal with recently-executed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in which his El Rukns would serve as terrorist hitmen:$2.5 million to commit terrorism against the U.S.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#902244 May 13, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> There's a reason your the only one that had to ask for an explanation, lol! Go figure! Bill Clinton got head from Lewinsky, he did nothing wrong. He compromised with the Republicans too much, doesn't mean he did everything right! See what happens when you jump in at the butt end of communications, You make an ass of yourself! Or you uncover the ass in you that God made!
"Bill Clinton got head from Lewinsky, he did nothing wrong."

Can you explain this insane stupidity in a sane way?

Lewinsky was given top security clearance to wander the White House because Bubba enjoyed screwing her lips and you say that he did nothing wrong?

Do you realize(probably not) how many politicians have been brought down by sex-kitten spies?

...and this piece of Arkansas used car salesman trash plays with the security of my country from the most powerful office on the face of this planet.

Did nothing wrong?

Get that shiteatin' grin off yer face and pull those pants up.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#902245 May 13, 2013
flack wrote:
Keystone pipeline delayed again for up to a year.
Did you read past the headline? Probably not eh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#902246 May 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact. Look at how they attacked NJ Raider about a month ago over the phag/gay issue because NJ Raider didn't go along. The DemocRATS here were like a bunch of piranha fish.
The sad part is even when the Democrat Political Hacks (including Obama) present an obscenely ridiculous lie, the Kool-Aid drinking Bobbleheads just ask for more.
The lefties are also silent on NJ raider's frequent posts reducing women to meat.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902247 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuclear power plants in the US are completely unrelated to nuclear weapons production.
There was no nuclear power industry when the US produced nuclear weapons in WWII>
Activities by criminal nations like Iran, North Korea, and Pok-E-Ston may be different.
Regardless of your politics, a return to nuclear power will occur of necessity. There is no viable alternative at present.
Tried that ;didn't happen when George W Bush tried to jump-start a nuclear renaissance in the U S in 2005(mostly on borrowed Chinese money),but Wall Street refused to go along because nukes are the worst, riskiest speculative bets in the market. Get it;the irony here? Wall Street banks who nearly brought down the entire U S financial system and ignited a world-wide recession with risky, speculative bets on exotic derivatives trading told Bush that NUKES were TOO RISKY even for them to invest their money in!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#902248 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Just months after being slimed by President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, Mitt Romney supporter and businessman Frank VanderSloot was informed that he was going to be audited not only by the Internal Revenue Service, but by the Labor Department as well.
VanderSloot’s saga was told by columnist Kimberley Strassel in the Wall Street Journal last July.
In April 2012, VanderSloot, who served as the national co-chair of Mitt Romney’s presidential finance committee, was one of eight Romney backers to be defamed as ”wealthy individuals with Two months later, the IRS informed VanderSloot he and his wife were going to be audited, Strassel reported. Two weeks after that, VanderSloot was notified by the Labor Department that it was going to “audit workers he employs on his Idaho-based cattle ranch under the federal visa program for temporary agriculture workers,” reported Strassel.
“The H-2A program allows tens of thousands of temporary workers in the U.S.; Mr. VanderSloot employs precisely three,” Strassel wrote.“All are from Mexico and have worked on the VanderSloot ranch—which employs about 20 people—for five years. Two are brothers. Mr. VanderSloot has never been audited for this, though two years ago his workers’ ranch homes were inspected.(The ranch was fined $8,400, mainly for too many ‘flies’ and for ‘grease build-up’ on the stove. God forbid a cattle ranch home has flies.)”
“This letter requests an array of documents to ascertain whether Mr. VanderSloot’s ‘foreign workers are provided the full scope of protections’ under the visa program: information on the hours they’ve worked each day and their rate of pay, an explanation of their deductions, copies of contracts,” she continued.
In her column, Strassel raised the specter that the IRS targeted VanderSloot for his political activism.
Right__you're so fkn easy LMAO

When you can get away from your turd job__you might also want to google up billionaire Mormon Van Der Slut.

Are you stupid or what?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#902249 May 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You're making your old, ragtag argument again from past years that Obama is nothing more than Bush Light ; right? It stunk then and it still stinks. Try thinking a bit harder next time as I always seem to be telling my political science students and they're smarter than you.
Just out of curiosity, what does one do with a degree in political science?

Do you or your school feel any guilt about putting students in debt for a worthless degree?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#902250 May 13, 2013
THIS IS WHAT OBAMA AND BLACK AMERICA SUPPORT Syrian rebel 'cuts out soldier's heart and EATS it' in horrific propaganda video,Clintons 'won't support Weiner's campaign for NYC mayor for fear that it will bring up Lewinsky scandal when Hillary runs in 2016'

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902251 May 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke. It's like the Democrats want high unemployment and for everyone to live in caves like they do mentally.
Meanwhile, you have the Learjet Liberals like Al "Jazeera" Gore flying around and going back to his dump that is a 20 carbon footprint house.
Wonder how Tipper is doing?
You got that reversed . Republican lackeys of Big Business want high unemployment and recession because it puts downward pressure on wages of employees who worry more about keeping a job than safety and benefit issues. And if you can't keep wages down far enough then Republicans will pass bills to block minimum wage increases, eliminate overtime pay for employees, and block every jobs bill Obama has ever favored even republican job bills.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#902252 May 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is acting pissed.
So are you, sort of.
nope. not pissed.

why should i be? the whole IRS thing is just SSDD. just like most things that get laid on Obama.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#902253 May 13, 2013
Obama blows off the Liberal Media takes one combined question on the two scandals plaguing his administration’ Benghazi/IRS!! We know if Bush had acted in this manner the press would have gone Berserk, Red Flags would have gone up ‘what is the President Hiding and What Does He Know And When Did He Know It ‘ Because of Obama’s like of Candor with the Press will the Press be curious and pursue the President/Administration for Answers?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#902254 May 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Blix expressed skepticism over Iraq's claims to have destroyed its stockpiles of anthrax and VX nerve agent in Time magazine[citation needed]. Blix said he found it "a bit odd" that Iraq, with "one of the best-organized regimes in the Arab world," would claim to have no records of the destruction of these illegal substances. "I don't see that they have acquired any credibility," Blix said[citation needed]. "There has to be solid evidence of everything, and if there is not evidence, or you can't find it, I simply say,'Sorry, I don't find any evidence,' and I cannot guarantee or recommend any confidence."[citation needed]
About Bush's "supposed" promise...
In March 2003, after UNMOVIC's efforts to verify Iraq's disarmament, Blix expressed skepticism over Iraq's claims to have destroyed its stockpiles of anthrax and VX nerve agent in Time magazine.
He said he found it "a bit odd" that Iraq with "one of the best-organized regimes in the Arab world" would claim to have no records of the destruction of these illegal substances.
He went on to say, "I don't see that they have acquired any credibility."
George W. Bush gave Saddam Hussein an ultimatum to leave power, the UN pulled out all the inspectors from Iraq and, days later, the invasion began.
Saddam had been given his last chance.
Let me redo this.

In March 2003, after UNMOVIC's efforts to verify Iraq's disarmament, Blix expressed skepticism over Iraq's claims to have destroyed its stockpiles of anthrax and VX nerve agent in Time magazine.

He said he found it "a bit odd" that Iraq with "one of the best-organized regimes in the Arab world" would claim to have no records of the destruction of these illegal substances.
He went on to say, "I don't see that they have acquired any credibility."

George W. Bush gave Saddam Hussein an ultimatum to leave power, the UN pulled out all the inspectors from Iraq and, days later, the invasion began.

Saddam had been given his last chance and no promises were broken by Bush.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#902255 May 13, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
At various points over the past two years, IRS officials singled out for scrutiny not only groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names but also nonprofit groups that criticized the government and sought to educate Americans about the U.S. Constitution, according to documents in an audit conducted by the agency’s inspector general.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
Get a grip, sonic.
well at least they didn't target the black folks!

somehow not surprised that the Bush IRS did.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902256 May 13, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>What you have done here is to make what I consider a very accurate prediction.
Petraeus? Bob Gates and George Bush's point man in Iraq on the failed surge strategy who caught caught with his pecker in a reporters butt crack or puss crack?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#902257 May 13, 2013
~B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G~ NEWS

They are 'reading'

GUILTY ... verdicts

on gosnell ...

Boo YAH!!!!!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#902258 May 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The preferred approach would be to have zero, zip, nada political appointees in the IRS, including the Commissioner.
how very 2009.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#902260 May 13, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
Just got back from DC getting my internal clock readjusted and catching up on postings.
DC?

I thought you were AC/DC

Your internal clock always runs on wasted time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#902261 May 13, 2013
flack wrote:
Keystone pipeline delayed again for up to a year.
poor China.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#902262 May 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama blows off the Liberal Media takes one combined question on the two scandals plaguing his administration’ Benghazi/IRS!! We know if Bush had acted in this manner the press would have gone Berserk, Red Flags would have gone up ‘what is the President Hiding and What Does He Know And When Did He Know It ‘ Because of Obama’s like of Candor with the Press will the Press be curious and pursue the President/Administration for Answers?
Don't blame the Liberal Media if you feel asleep halfway through Obama's press conference on a slow news day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sasitorn boonsin 48 min donna 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr loose cannon 100,282
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 194,596
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IBdaMann 54,322
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 8 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Gas Woman 70,145
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 12 hr OLD need 2 die 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages