Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
828,101 - 828,120 of 1,100,210 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#901678 May 12, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that woman who came up to McCain calling Obama an Arab and a Muslim during the election campaign of 2008 and McCain had to correct her. I'm sure that was you.
What the rest of the press is saying about this BS witch hunt.
The hearing did not prove anything like an administration cover-up or other hysterical allegations of crimes equal to Watergate that some Republicans, such as Representative Steve King and Senator Lindsey Graham, have alleged. Republicans have held numerous hearings and briefings on Benghazi and are threatening to hold even more. It is a level of interest they did not show during George W. Bush’s administration when there were 64 attacks on American diplomatic targets or in the years they spent cutting back diplomatic security budgets.
I'd be hanging my head in shame if i were you.
Hang your head a lot lower and then pull your zipper up tight.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#901679 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
HANNITY: Barack Obama is doing everything he can to convince Americans that he is the rightful inheritor of Abraham Lincoln's legacy.
Perhaps the liberal website just linked Hillary to Obama for killing Lincoln's "legacy" claiming any ties to the Republican Lincoln when a sourthern democrat killed Lincoln.
But if you can post three or four credible sources reporting it differently than the original New Yorker website, I'd appreciate it.
You know what is sad, Lincoln wouldn't even get a look in on today's Republican party. Politically everything Lincoln stood for is followed by the Democrats today and the only things the Republicans are selling these days is Freedom and the Bible.

You might want to watch this doco called shadows of liberty. It's heavy going at times but if want to expose cover ups, there are some whoopers in there. All owned by your lot, from Iran/Contra the iconic Reagan to Bush's WMD's its all there. These actions alone lost thousands of American lives and you want to bitch about some sort of conspiracy in one war torn country because Fox says so.

http://shadows.kcetlink.org/

Lapeer, MI

#901680 May 12, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You quote Clinton like he's some kind of God! Just because he did nothing wrong, doesn't mean he did everything right! Understand that we're talking about 2 different times & climates. Retaliation may have sparked a war in these fragile times. Obama did what he did for his reasons. Nothing you can say can make him guilty so it's a waste of time!
"Just because he did nothing wrong, doesn't mean he did everything right!"?????

Can you explain this insanity in a sane manner for me?

Thank You, Idiot.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#901685 May 12, 2013
new yawk wrote:
And that 'aint' all! I think it's the Scopolomine! LOL!
Job Well Done on The Benghazi issue.
Feistier & Spunkier than ever!
Rallied it right back to their Door!!
Happy Mother's Day Carol!:)
<quoted text>
Thanks!

Orlando, FL

#901686 May 12, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> What were you smelling? Aunt Bettie Lou's rear end?!?
Obama's and Hillary's lies made mine and your rear end smell like a bouquet of fresh-picked flowers.

You must have had some boogers clogging up your nose not to have smelled them too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#901687 May 12, 2013
Mark Sanford:'Is This Fox News Or The National Enquirer?'

After voters chose to give him a second chance on Tuesday, former-governor-turned-newly-e lected Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) is staying away from disclosing private-life details, even on Fox News.

Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Sanford was asked by host Chris Wallace what his four children thought of mistress-turned-fiancée Maria Belen Chapur appearing at Tuesday's victory party. Sanford did not budge.

"I'm not going to go into inner-family conversations, but I would just say it is what it is," Sanford said.

Wallace attempted to move the topic to a more positive light, asking about the couple's wedding plans. At that point, even Wallace had to comment on the direction the interview was going.

“Do you have a date for your wedding and will your fiancée?" Wallace asked. "Will she come to Washington to live with you? I feel like I'm the National Enquirer here.”

Sanford jumped on Wallace's framing of the question, firing it right back to him.

"Exactly," Sanford said. "Is this Fox News or the National Enquirer? So, I'm not going to make news on that front tonight — or this morning.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/12/mark...

Orlando, FL

#901688 May 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The few hundred times would be more accurate and you were corrected by many including right wing stooges such as Galt.
During one of your more memorable math errors you mistakenly cited a California withholding tax increase and then defended your error for days while being laughed at by one and all.
Just face it gal, you're a stooge and one with a chip on her shoulder.
Nothing you say really mattters.

How many times have you been out of the loop and called others liars and had to be proven wrong and brought up to snuff?

I've lost count.

Orlando, FL

#901689 May 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> President Obama never took all the credit. You are a liar once again.
Obama did say he would hunt him down & he did.
Bush called him irrelevant.
The hunt started when Obama was a baby senator under the Bush administration. Obama didn't hunt anybody down. It probably took him by complete surprise that the hard work that had been going on for five long years paid off. Lucky for him, under his watch.
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#901691 May 12, 2013
new yawk wrote:
Well "many" must have. Obama didn't win by a landslide.
Mitt Romney wasn't the best GOP Candidate to run.
2016 will be very different.
Don't count on Clinton. Her health is declining. The Benghazi Debacle is going to seal her coffin and she'll be wearing her 72 years OLD as a shroud.
<quoted text>
Quick, name the last President before Obama to win by that kind of margin.
GOP idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#901692 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The hunt started when Obama was a baby senator under the Bush administration. Obama didn't hunt anybody down. It probably took him by complete surprise that the hard work that had been going on for five long years paid off. Lucky for him, under his watch.
That's hilariously idiotic.
There's no proof of your claim anywhere.
Bush gave up on Bin Laden...it's on record.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#901693 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>

You are hopelessly stupid.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#901694 May 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hopelessly stupid.
What's worse this is supposed to be an ex-school teacher, probably half the other stupid posters in here are ex- pupils.
With that sort of narrow focus in thinking only seeing what you want to see, nothing else matters. They are like America's Taliban lost in century that has long since past.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901695 May 12, 2013
Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's scary is relying on one source like FOX. Right wing lemmings are being led off the cliff.
Versus the White House steno pool, parroting whatever Obama says without question?

Lapeer, MI

#901696 May 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News
The Republican inquisition over the attacks against Americans in Benghazi has never really gone away, but it appears as though in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing and the House Oversight Committee's Benghazi hearings this week there are renewed psycho-histrionics over Benghazi.
Lindsey Graham and Fox News Channel in particular are each crapping their cages over new allegations from an alleged whistleblower, while they continue to deal in previously debunked falsehoods about the sequence of events during and following the attacks. Fox News is predictably helming the biggest raft of hooey on the situation -- turning its attention to Hillary Clinton in an abundantly obvious early move to stymie her presidential run before it even begins.
So I thought I'd revisit some territory I covered back in October as a bit of a refresher -- especially since it appears as if no one, including and especially the traditional press, intends to ask any of these obnoxious, opportunistic liars about why they're so obsessed by this one attack yet they entirely ignored the dozen-plus consulate/embassy attacks that occurred when George W. Bush and Dick Cheney were allegedly "keeping us safe."
The Benghazi attacks (the consulate and the CIA compound) are absolutely not unprecedented even though they're being treated that way by Republicans who are deliberately ignoring anything that happened prior to Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009.
....Where was your inquest after the Karachi attacks, Mr. Graham? Where were you after the Sana'a attacks, Mr. Hannity? What about all of the embassy attacks in Iraq that I didn't even list here, Mr. McCain? Do you realize how many people died in attacks on U.S. embassies and consulates when Bush was supposedly keeping us safe, Mr. Ailes? Just once I'd like to hear David Gregory or George Stephanopoulos or Wolf Blitzer ask a Republican member of Congress about the above timeline and why they said nothing at the time of each attack. Just once.
Nearly every accusation being issued about Benghazi could've been raised about the Bush-era attacks, and yet these self-proclaimed truth-seekers refused to, in their words, undermine the commander-in-chief while troops were in harm's way (a line they repeated over and over again during those years).
So we're only left to conclude the obvious. The investigations and accusations and conspiracy theories are entirely motivated by politics and a strategy to escalate this to an impeachment trial. In doing so, the Republicans have the opportunity not only to crush the president's second term, but also to sabotage the potential for a Hillary Clinton presidency.
Even if they never arrive at that goal, they have in their possession a cudgel formed of horseshit -- a means of flogging the current administration with the singularly effective Republican marketing/noise machine, including the conservative entertainment complex. Very seldom does this machine fail to revise history and distort the truth. Ultimately, they don't even need a full-blown impeachment proceeding when they have a population of way too many truthers and automatons who take all of these lies at face value -- not to mention dubiously sourced chunks of "truth" proffered by radio and cable news conspiracy theorists who, if nothing else, are masters at telling angry conservatives precisely what they want to hear: that the probably-Muslim president is weak on terrorism. And so they'll keep repeating "Benghazi-Gate, Benghazi-Gate, Benghazi-Gate!" without any regard for history or reality. Like always.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/13-be...
You and Ariana are about as predictable as diarrhea in Tijuana.

Bush-Bashing by you is shameful enough but now Huffington is picking up your shameful habits. Journalistic Excellence is a crude joke in today's Liberal Media.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901697 May 12, 2013
<quoted text> Did you see the interview with John McCain? That's more than relevant. "The Benghazi issue was reignited last week after House Republicans held a hearing on the attacks and ABC News published a story showing that administration talking points offered immediately after the attacks went through several rounds of editing by officials, including in the State Department.
While many Republicans have charged political interference, others -- including longtime State Department reporter Glenn Kessler at the Washington Post -- have noted that it seems more like a case of bureaucratic in-fighting. " So, Obama's edited-out talking points were not a 'scandal', but a bureaucratic in-fighting snafu. It wasn't catastrophe, just a very , small mess. Check this out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/12/mcca...
McCain is a Quisling, a supporter of Obama arms sales to Al Qaeda.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901698 May 12, 2013
<quoted text> Too bad that you did not hear the Robert Gates interview. President George W Bush's Secretary of State would be calling your criticisms of Obama, Clinton ,and Rice as 'cartoonish' as Darrell Issa and Jim Inhofe's . In other words, you can be the third stooge. Want to try for Curly? Check this out: http://www.politicususa.com/gates-destroys-ca...
Gates was not Secretary of State.

Gates is retired and irrelevant, as is Bush.

Do you ever get anything right?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#901699 May 12, 2013
new yawk wrote:
Well "many" must have. Obama didn't win by a landslide.
Mitt Romney wasn't the best GOP Candidate to run.
2016 will be very different.
Don't count on Clinton. Her health is declining. The Benghazi Debacle is going to seal her coffin and she'll be wearing her 72 years OLD as a shroud.
<quoted text>
"Let’s start by stating the obvious: Hillary Rodham Clinton would be a formidable presidential candidate in 2016.

Mrs. Clinton’s credentials as secretary of state, as a United States senator and as a politically engaged first lady would be hard for any of her Democratic or Republican rivals to match. She would have little trouble raising funds or garnering support from the Democratic officials, and she might even come close to clearing the Democratic field of serious opposition.

Mrs. Clinton made some tactical errors during the 2008 campaign — particularly, in her staff’s failure to understand the importance of contesting caucus states. But she improved considerably as a candidate over the course of the long primary, and the experience she gained would undoubtedly help her if she were to run again.

But if Mrs. Clinton runs for president in 2016, one thing is almost certain: she won’t be as popular as she is right now. Recent polls show that about 65 percent of Americans take a favorable view of Mrs. Clinton, while only about 30 percent have a negative one. Those are remarkably high numbers for a politician in an era when many public officials are distrusted or disliked."..."A secretary of state is not necessarily above partisan criticism, but attacking a secretary of state can potentially backfire on the opposition party. As Mitt Romney discovered during the presidential campaign foreign affairs can present an unlevel playing field to the opposition party. The White House and the Department of State have a number of defenses that they can employ to shield themselves from criticism, from claiming that they are protecting the national interest, to accusing their opponents of being unpatriotic, to arguing that their opponents lack knowledge of the situation on the ground. The secretary of state, like the president, also enjoys the symbolic trappings of incumbency when she conducts diplomatic affairs." ..."For all the reasons I mentioned at the top, she seems like Democrats’ best bet, perhaps by some margin, to extend their winning streak to three or more terms in the White House. " http://nyti.ms/STizU1
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#901700 May 12, 2013
Pat Buchanan has a plan to win more white voters for the GOP.

In an article published by the website World Net Daily last week, Buchanan describes increased black voter turnout and Latino demographic growth as a “crisis for the Grand Old Party.” To combat it, the conservative pundit implies that the Republican Party should adopt a new version of the “Southern Strategy” revolving around immigration.

The Southern Strategy, first adopted by Richard Nixon, aimed to cultivate the support of Southern voters in part by appealing to racial tensions while avoiding overt racism. The strategy played a key role in alienating African-American voters from the GOP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/12/pat-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901701 May 12, 2013
Democrats will have at least one minority and one homosexual/lesbian on the ticket in 2016

Lapeer, MI

#901702 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
"They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
--Sarah Palin in an ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008
Trying to keep the liberals straight on here is like work.
I believe it was that liberal cesspool SNL that started the lie about Palin's remark. From there, the rest of Liberal Main St. turned into a parade. She never said what SNL did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 20 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min Crazy Jae 568
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 27 min Crazy Jae 4,669
Word (Dec '08) 29 min Crazy Jae 4,651
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 38 min _Zoey_ 7,748
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 40 min _Zoey_ 298
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 97,932
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000