Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#901580 May 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Here's your first post again stooge__wanna mull it over a little and get back?
Petreaus was CIA director during Benghazi.
Brennan is current CIA director.
Stupid and a liar to boot.
Do you are now arguing with yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#901581 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I had to look this one up because it was so incredulous. Only one source distorted the truth and several liberal sites just repeated it word for word.
But this is the truth of which you were so easliy misled.
Sean Hannity claimed that President-elect Obama was attempting to hijack Abraham Lincoln's legacy from the modern Republican Party.
Remember Obama staking claim to not only Lincoln's but Reagan's legacies?
HANNITY: Barack Obama is doing everything he can to convince Americans that he is the rightful inheritor of Abraham Lincoln's legacy.
Perhaps the liberal website just linked Hillary to Obama for killing Lincoln's "legacy" claiming any ties to the Republican Lincoln when a sourthern democrat killed Lincoln.
But if you can post three or four credible sources reporting it differently than the original New Yorker website, I'd appreciate it.
Would that be like you hijacking Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society /Civil Rights legacy for republicans and Everett Dirksen? He was from Illinois just like Barack Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#901582 May 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Never watch any of the Sunday morning propaganda.
Just another sign for why you are so detached and fanatical in nature. Along with just plain miserable...I love it. Hopefully by the time Hillary serves eight years all of you idiots on the right will take gas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901583 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I had to look this one up because it was so incredulous. Only one source distorted the truth and several liberal sites just repeated it word for word.
But this is the truth of which you were so easliy misled.
Sean Hannity claimed that President-elect Obama was attempting to hijack Abraham Lincoln's legacy from the modern Republican Party.
Remember Obama staking claim to not only Lincoln's but Reagan's legacies?
HANNITY: Barack Obama is doing everything he can to convince Americans that he is the rightful inheritor of Abraham Lincoln's legacy.
Perhaps the liberal website just linked Hillary to Obama for killing Lincoln's "legacy" claiming any ties to the Republican Lincoln when a sourthern democrat killed Lincoln.
But if you can post three or four credible sources reporting it differently than the original New Yorker website, I'd appreciate it.
Borowitz is a joke site, Carol.

Just ignore it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901584 May 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
There were hundreds if not thousands of local TeaParty and 9-12 groups incorporating around the Nation after McCain and Palin's disastrous performance in 2008. As most know these groups set up websites and collection centers and the IRS was correct to monitor some of the larger ones.
I posted about three years ago that one of Florida's 9-12 groups was founded by a convicted felon for the express purpose of scamming money from racist, right wing stooges.
Another non issue.
The Tea Party movement captured the House in 2010.

Partisan Democrat used car dealers like Realtime don't know dogshit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#901585 May 12, 2013
TSM wrote:
We know that the President wasn’t engage!! The outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta revealed on Thursday that President Obama was absent the night of the lethal attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya - despite being told that the attack was occurring we also know from the testimony that neither Panetta/Dempsey nor Hillary had any communication with the President during the attack!! AWOL
President Bush was "engage"; he single handedly pulled down Sadaam Husseins statue,and then cut the throats of his sons.
After that, he and Laura went to the ranch and cooked them up some a them enchilladas and stuff.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#901586 May 12, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Lincoln. You're really a nice guy, I'm sure. Just misguided.
-Angela
"Hi, was me"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#901587 May 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't they? He was the top official in libya. You idiots say obama waits for all info out of one side of your mouth while defending his ubrupt decisions out of the other.
Who claimed Obama made 'abrupt decisions'? No One. That's never been a part of President Obama's cautious optimism, reasoned, considered , pragmatic decision-making M.O. Look it up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#901588 May 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore it.
See how stupid she is? Rightwingers cannot comprehend satire, that's why you're all so easily duped by beck, limbaugh, hannity, o'reilly et all. They know you're all a bunch of dummies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#901589 May 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pack sand dummy__I need nothing from your ilk and I'll be laughing at you when this Rove effort gets shoved back up his azz.
Not even sure what you're talking about. I only responded to your insult about my knowledge of history when it seems you have a difficult time keeping up with current events...or at least are quick to accuse others of lying and must be provided proof otherwise.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#901590 May 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, it was excellent.
He just left out the part where Hillary single handedly killed Osama Bin Laden by strangulation; but that's classified information.
And, President Obama, pushed him into the sea.
Happy Mother's Day

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#901591 May 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore it.
You're a joke too , but no one has suggested how we ignore you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#901592 May 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
-Angela
"Hi, was me"
Okay then, thanks Angela. Same to you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901593 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I saw it, it was great. Diane Feinstein on MTP was super as well.
the republicans are a merry band of fools.
Gates and Feinstein.

Really on top of breaking news.

No wonder the mainstream media has lost all credibility.

Why not interview Susan Rice again and swallow all her lies, like Monica on her knees for Bill?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#901594 May 12, 2013
I think this quote defines Obama’s Presidency:'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive' it’s time for this President to do the Honorable thing…Resign!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#901595 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
President Bush was "engage"; he single handedly pulled down Sadaam Husseins statue,and then cut the throats of his sons.
After that, he and Laura went to the ranch and cooked them up some a them enchilladas and stuff.
"silly"
And president nobama was informed of the action in Benghazi he went to bed. He wanted to be fresh the next morning when he took off on a campaigning trip.
While president nobama slept, American's died.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#901596 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
See how stupid she is? Rightwingers cannot comprehend satire, that's why you're all so easily duped by beck, limbaugh, hannity, o'reilly et all. They know you're all a bunch of dummies.
And your kind can't handle the truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#901597 May 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
There were hundreds if not thousands of local TeaParty and 9-12 groups incorporating around the Nation after McCain and Palin's disastrous performance in 2008. As most know these groups set up websites and collection centers and the IRS was correct to monitor some of the larger ones.
I posted about three years ago that one of Florida's 9-12 groups was founded by a convicted felon for the express purpose of scamming money from racist, right wing stooges.
Another non issue.
I can't believe how brain washed you idiots are

"WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service improperly singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny of their applications for nonprofit status, a top agency official said Friday, setting off calls for investigations into an organization already under fire for its handling of secret political spending by nonprofits."

Since You have comprehension problems I'll point out the key word: improperly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#901598 May 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore it.
Realized it must be when I found the source of Lincoln's claim and another source proving it was a gross distortion.

But liberals actually believe these gross distortions without even questioning it or looking further into it. That's what's scary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#901599 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I saw it, it was great. Diane Feinstein on MTP was super as well.
the republicans are a merry band of fools.
Feinstein is one of the most corrupt politicians in washington.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min FastandFurious 187,287
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,201
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 5,900
Ask Amy 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
Dear Abby 4-25-15 2 hr PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,677
Bill Clinton's Wife. 3 hr No GOP 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]