Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#900694 May 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a lie__what's the need to lie???
No, the truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#900695 May 10, 2013
Obama lies two weeks before Benghazi:

Al-Qaeda is on the run and Bin Laden is dead!

Mission accomplished!

How wonderful Obama followed the French into Libya!

Reality and happening today:

The U.S. military has alerted two elite military units in Europe to be on standby if needed to respond to a deteriorating security situation in Tripoli, Fox News has learned.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/10/us...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#900696 May 10, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Associated Press reports, President Obama spent part of the day on the golf course, but cut his round short to return to the White House for a meeting where he and top national security aides reviewed final preparations for the raid.
According to the Washington Times, when Mr. Obama finished his golf game, he held a national-security briefing after he returned to the White House at 2:04 p.m. At 3:30 p.m., U.S. forces landed helicopters inside bin Laden’s compound, the terrorist resisted the assault force and a firefight ensued.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/...
Eman said that Obama was on the golf course "during" the raid and that was a lie. I don't get the need to lie__particularly when most of the posters her know it's a lie.

I guess if that's all one has__one would be better off over on the game threads.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#900697 May 10, 2013
This is what really got me about Carney's tap dance this afternoon.

He tried on several occasions to get the heat off himself and this administration by eluding to Republicans "politicizing" Benghazi.

I was literally willing someone in the media to ask, "Wasn't it this administration who politicized Benghazi?"

Unfortunately, they didn't Sure wish I had been there as part of the press.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#900698 May 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Will Fox Correct The Record On The GOP's False Benghazi E-mail Claims?
The New York Times, however, obtained a copy of the e-mail in question and reported that the phrase conservatives are putting in the mouth of the State Department official -- "Islamic terrorists" - is in fact not used to describe the perpetrators of the attack. Rather, the official describes the perpetrators as having ties to "Islamic extremists" -- a distinction with a difference, according to the Times report:
[A] copy of the e-mail reviewed by The New York Times indicates that A. Elizabeth Jones, the senior State Department official who wrote it, referred to "Islamic extremists," not terrorists.
The distinction is important, administration officials said, because while the White House did not initially characterize the attack as terrorism, senior officials, including Ambassador Susan E. Rice, acknowledged the possibility that extremists had been involved in the assault.
Fox News is no stranger to carrying water for the Republican Party, and the network has led the charge to push Benghazi cover-up conspiracies. But now that the latest GOP line on Benghazi has been exposed, will Fox inform its viewers?
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/10/will-...
You have to admit sonicfiller - Obama and Hillary do what they do best LIE.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#900699 May 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure Lindsey's statements will back burner the boring WH presser. And what about the goofball from the Heritage Foundation?
Where have we heard that sort of talk before?
You mean the thesis approved by Harvard that points out uncomfortable facts about illegal immigration?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#900700 May 10, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess the UN was a bunch of dopes too. Huh?
the UN?

The Bush administration yesterday said it would not wait for the UN security council to approve an attack on Iraq....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/nov/11/i...

i think the next illogical FOXbot move would be to try to lay the Iraq war solely at the feet of the democrats who voted for it. never mind all of the republicans who voted for it, just stick to the FOX propaganda meme and you'll do just fine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#900701 May 10, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say what time he went to bed.
But he had to have gone to bed eventually, right? Since no one knows where he was the rest of the evening and he wasn't in contact with anyone.
You are really pathetic. You lied. You know it.

You knew who Obama met with yet you implied he met with just some officials. You thought that meeting was at 11PM DC time.

You know it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#900702 May 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi: Fox News' distraction
If you haven’t yet seen “Wag the Dog,” go watch it right now. I’ll wait. And don’t worry, this article isn’t actually about Benghazi, but something that really matters.
The movie is about how the art of manipulation is used by the media to distract people from events of actual importance. It was cited regularly when the GOP had their Clinton witch hunt. The GOP’s latest witch hunt over Benghazi is simply more wagging of the dog. Fox News is trying really, really hard to make it into Obama’s Watergate to keep us all distracted from some incredibly populist moves in the Senate.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/benghazi-fox-news-...
The entire Obama Libyan operation was a "Wag the Dog" plan to divert attention from the rotten economy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#900703 May 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi: Fox News' distraction
If you haven’t yet seen “Wag the Dog,” go watch it right now. I’ll wait. And don’t worry, this article isn’t actually about Benghazi, but something that really matters.
The movie is about how the art of manipulation is used by the media to distract people from events of actual importance. It was cited regularly when the GOP had their Clinton witch hunt. The GOP’s latest witch hunt over Benghazi is simply more wagging of the dog. Fox News is trying really, really hard to make it into Obama’s Watergate to keep us all distracted from some incredibly populist moves in the Senate.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/benghazi-fox-news-...
Hey thread propaganda Queen!

How nice of you to vindicate Richard Nixon.

Watergate must have also been a distraction due to your libtarded logic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#900704 May 10, 2013
Immigration activists are praising the Heritage Foundation for accepting the resignation of researcher Jason Richwine, who argued in recent years that groups of non-white immigrants have inherently lower IQs that could make it impossible for them to adequately assimilate in America. Heritage distanced itself from his past statements, but stood by his work co-authoring a recent study claiming immigration reform would cost $6.3 trillion in large part because undocumented immigrants would fail to improve their education or income levels.

“We welcome Mr. Richwine's resignation, but are still waiting for the Heritage Foundation to renounce the findings of his research, which like his claims about Latino IQ's are false and unbecoming of a research institution like the Heritage Foundation,” Arturo Carmona, executive director of Latino advocacy group Presente.org said in a statement.“Hiring racists like Richwine is unacceptable, but whats worse is putting their organization's name on a report laden with faulty research.”

Journalist-turned-activist Jose Antonio Vargas also released a statement through his immigration advocacy group Define American.

“Racism and xenophobia have no place in the debate on immigration reform, period," Vargas said. "I hope this is a lesson for all sides that what the public is looking for is a fair and honest debate on immigration reform, not long discredited racial theories designed divide us rather than unite us.”

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/i...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#900705 May 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> That post is a lie.
The President was scheduled to golf the day when it was decided to do the raid. If he canceled, the press would wonder what was up so he went ahead but returned immediately prior to the attack.
You right whiners are so pathetic.
He had 2 days to reschedule his golf game, stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#900706 May 10, 2013
It was a video!

Lies, Liars/Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#900707 May 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really pathetic. You lied. You know it.
You knew who Obama met with yet you implied he met with just some officials. You thought that meeting was at 11PM DC time.
You know it.
Carol is correct spin dork.

Your bird brain reads what you want so you can change the subject.

You are a certified idiot.

Carol is correct. You are the thread liar, dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#900708 May 10, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Oh, well, there clearly is no intelligent rethuglican life here...they just don't get the meaning of permanently ignore.
no matter how much you try to ignore the lies of your master obama ,the truth of his deciet will be known by all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#900709 May 10, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say what time he went to bed.
But he had to have gone to bed eventually, right? Since no one knows where he was the rest of the evening and he wasn't in contact with anyone.
Dumb Dave does the twist because his brain is short a few cells. He has no credibility so I wouldn't bother with that moron Carol.

That idiot was just putting words in your mouth. He is an old fool and sleazebag.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#900710 May 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Eman said that Obama was on the golf course "during" the raid and that was a lie. I don't get the need to lie__particularly when most of the posters her know it's a lie.
I guess if that's all one has__one would be better off over on the game threads.
Realtime is trying to distract from Obama's priorities. Dunce.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#900711 May 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the thesis approved by Harvard that points out uncomfortable facts about illegal immigration?
Jason Richwine's Excellent Adventure

Between Niall Ferguson's joke about Keynes and the saga of Jason Richwine, it's been a lousy week for Harvard. Richwine, you may remember, was the Heritage Foundation policy wonk who co-wrote the cost estimate of the immigration bill—a document that was derided by Republicans who wanted the bill to pass. It got worse for Richwine after that, with reporters noticing his long record of research into race, IQ scores, and immigrants. So I talked to his dissertation advisers.

At the start of his dissertation, Richwine thanked his three advisers—George Borjas, Christopher Jenks, and Richard Zeckhauser—for being so helpful and so bold. Borjas “helped me navigate the minefield of early graduate school,” he wrote.“Richard Zeckhauser, never someone to shy away from controversial ideas, immediately embraced my work.”

Yet they don’t embrace everything Richwine’s done since.“Jason’s empirical work was careful,” Zeckhauser told me over email.“Moreover, my view is that none of his advisors would have accepted his thesis had he thought that his empirical work was tilted or in error. However, Richwine was too eager to extrapolate his empirical results to inferences for policy.”

Borjas’ own work on immigration and inequality has led to a few two-minutes-hate moments in the press. He wasn’t entirely convinced by Richwine, either.

“I have never worked on anything even remotely related to IQ, so don't really know what to think about the relation between IQ, immigration, etc,” Borjas told me in an email.“In fact, as I know I told Jason early on since I've long believed this, I don't find the IQ academic work all that interesting. Economic outcomes and IQ are only weakly related, and IQ only measures one kind of ability. I've been lucky to have met many high-IQ people in academia who are total losers, and many smart, but not super-smart people, who are incredibly successful because of persistence, motivation, etc. So I just think that, on the whole, the focus on IQ is a bit misguided.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/05/10/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#900712 May 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Immigration activists are praising the Heritage Foundation for accepting the resignation of researcher Jason Richwine, who argued in recent years that groups of non-white immigrants have inherently lower IQs that could make it impossible for them to adequately assimilate in America. Heritage distanced itself from his past statements, but stood by his work co-authoring a recent study claiming immigration reform would cost $6.3 trillion in large part because undocumented immigrants would fail to improve their education or income levels.
“We welcome Mr. Richwine's resignation, but are still waiting for the Heritage Foundation to renounce the findings of his research, which like his claims about Latino IQ's are false and unbecoming of a research institution like the Heritage Foundation,” Arturo Carmona, executive director of Latino advocacy group Presente.org said in a statement.“Hiring racists like Richwine is unacceptable, but whats worse is putting their organization's name on a report laden with faulty research.”
Journalist-turned-activist Jose Antonio Vargas also released a statement through his immigration advocacy group Define American.
“Racism and xenophobia have no place in the debate on immigration reform, period," Vargas said. "I hope this is a lesson for all sides that what the public is looking for is a fair and honest debate on immigration reform, not long discredited racial theories designed divide us rather than unite us.”
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/i...
Liberalism is a psychological condition where you idiots become sympathetic towards the kidnapper or terrorist, in which liberals develop emotional attachment with the abuser or controlling entity.

The condition is also called Trauma Bonding, in which a liberal chooses to remain loyal to their abuser.

It's now official: The Cleveland kidnapper is a registered Democrat. This answers the question sonicfiller, which side actually 'wants women barefoot, illiterate, and pregnant'.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#900713 May 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire Obama Libyan operation was a "Wag the Dog" plan to divert attention from the rotten economy.
thank god Bush had Iraq.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min GOP 4,027
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 14 min GOP 151
Word (Dec '08) 57 min andet1987 4,711
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 619
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,470
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 178,032
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 49,818
Amy 9-16 3 hr ralph 51
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Toj 98,226
Dear Abby 9-17-14 5 hr ralph 17
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs