Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
826,881 - 826,900 of 1,082,979 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, you're clueless about Roe v.Wade and the Supreme Court decision on it. "Myth 2: American women are able to have legal abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy in all 50 states.
Fact: That wasnít true when the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade in 1973 and itís not true now. In Roe, the court ruled that women have a right to abortion during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy and the state cannot restrict the procedure. In the third trimester, which encompasses the period after the point of fetal viability, the state may prohibit abortion as long as it is still permitted if the life or health of the mother is at risk." Check this out: http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/04/23/10-wors...
What I said had nothing to do with what you said. So you just wasted your time posting something I already knew. In fact, roe v wade never used the word abortion and it's restrictions were very narrow.

It just opened Pandora's Box and now we have abortionists like Gosnell. He's just the one who got caught.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Spiro Agnew redux. Oh, God! That is EEEEWWWWWWW!
Liberal Logic, plugs Joe Biden: Buy a 12 gauge shotgun, not an assault rifle.. Fire the shot gun outside, in the air, on a balcony. LOL..Yes, get a scatter gun - shoot everyone with one shot. Joe Biden is an idiot. Definitely liberal.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
By the way, "do your homework", I didn't see any of the reasons you posted for the Iraq War in the H.J.Resolution.114 when I scanned through it.
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/wariniraq/a/jt...
Maybe you can point them out.
D.Y.Homework, here is your list.

Saddam Hussein behind 9/11
(not in the resolution)
Saddam Hussein connected with al Qaeda
(factions were known to be in Iraq)
Fighting terrorists there so we donít have to fight them here
(not in the resolution)
Spread democracy
(Iraqis can now elect their own leaders)
Saddam Hussein was a bad man
(yes)
Iraqi violations of UN Resolutions
(many times)
The 1993 assassination attempt against GHW Bush
(yes)
Oil
(no)
Bases
(no)
Defend Israel
(no)
Bad intel
(no, he just had time to move them)
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said had nothing to do with what you said. So you just wasted your time posting something I already knew. In fact, roe v wade never used the word abortion and it's restrictions were very narrow.
It just opened Pandora's Box and now we have abortionists like Gosnell. He's just the one who got caught.
Frontporchmonkey is not lazy, his deranged mind enjoys doing nothing, blaming others.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure those journalists who compiled that report didn't interject any bias whatsoever.
However, one of Saddam's top generals who turned against him and one of his scientists who did the same both said publicly that Saddam, in fact, did move his WMDs.
He had them, he used them, and he would have had them and used them again given the first opportunity.
It's not that difficult to connect the dots.
You took what Hussein's general said out of context ;you twit! George H W Bush destroyed all of Hussein's weapon caches during Desert Storm so there were none left in the country by the time Bush W was in office. Also, Hussein flatly turned down all offers by Bin Laden to join forces--why? Because Hussein , a Shiite tyrant ruling by brute military force over a Sunni majority Iraqi population was not about to invite a Sunni madman (bin Laden ) trojan horse in the front door. Sunni terrorists bearing gifts are worse than Greeks bearing gifts or didn't you ever read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Frontporchmonkey is not lazy, his deranged mind enjoys doing nothing, blaming others.
of course ,you and Auntie Roo(Lou) missed why Roe v. Wade was so important . It prevents the Doctor Gosnell's of the world from getting away with his crimes . Roe v. Wade made criminal prosecution of doctors or quacks who performed unsafe abortions on women.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

And you seem to enjoy talking about yourself.

BUT ...

PLEAZZZ ... Spare us the details regarding your diminutive anatomical proportions!!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to enjoy talking to yourself.
Small minds..........empty vessels.
frontporchreacti onary

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You're stupid, as well as left brain ignorant you deranged idiot.
Since you're nothing but, and will never be anything but a deranged left brain plantation democrat nuculur, who cares what you think idiot??...
'I'm rubber ;you're glue , anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you':-p Playground humor too much for you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Pat Quinn is doing the economically responsible thing by raising revenue . Austerity measures causes most of the hardship , pain and suffering to be burdened on the working poor and least advantaged in society. Austerity cuts shrink the domestic economy which is the exactly worst thing you can do during recession and high unemployment--see today's Greece.
The results speak for themselves.

Illinois is a welfare state that is hostile to business.

Of course, Quinn is not completely to blame for the failures of Obama.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Not very educated in the Classical Literary Works either, junior?

No poetry jam. Just the facts & some advice civily extended.

I know, your strange liberal Stockholm Syndrome makes it difficult for you to comprehend civility.

Good Night! ;)
<quoted text> Baby-talk poetry jam before lights-out. Nighty-night
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> You took what Hussein's general said out of context ;you twit! George H W Bush destroyed all of Hussein's weapon caches during Desert Storm so there were none left in the country by the time Bush W was in office. Also, Hussein flatly turned down all offers by Bin Laden to join forces--why? Because Hussein , a Shiite tyrant ruling by brute military force over a Sunni majority Iraqi population was not about to invite a Sunni madman (bin Laden ) trojan horse in the front door. Sunni terrorists bearing gifts are worse than Greeks bearing gifts or didn't you ever read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey?
1. George H. W. Bush barely invaded Iraq and could not have destroyed all weapons.

2. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni Muslim.

Do you ever get anything right?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>'I'm rubber ;you're glue , anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you':-p Playground humor too much for you?
Don't assume my posts are about you frontporchmonkey. But if you're affected then that must mean you're guilty of something you idiot.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
GM owes the taxpayers billions and is paying no taxes itself, while paying out huge bonuses to UAW members who caused the problems to begin with. Crony government "capitalism" at its finest.
GM owes the government nothing fro those loans.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not get government out of the business of franchising cable companies and let them compete as they choose?
Government should not be picking winners and losers.
There are these things called contracts.

A government can enter into contracts with companies to service their constituents.

You know, like you right whiners want to privatize government. How do you think that would be done? Putting out services for bids & awarding contracts.

You are telling us that government can't ward contrats because that picking winners & losers.

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
$1 trillion, more or less, all pissed away.
Well, it was about $800 billion.

But 38% of that consisted of tax breaks.

You just said tax breaks don't cost anything

So make up your mind, Galt.

Either tax cuts don't cost anything and the stimulus bill cost 62% of 800 billion or abut 500 billion or tax cuts do cost money & the stimulus bill cost 800 billion.

You can't have it both ways.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am mocking you Mr Small Government.
So government interference in business is OK if you like it??
no.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree;
Thanks

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Were they all white??? Try being honest, at least to yourself.
About 50/50. The only reason I brought it up is we were discussing it in this group of people where I hang out. We had all driven by.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone, white or black, likes that style of pants hanging down, but then again we are older. People didn't like us wearing bell bottoms and platform shoes either! After all , it's just clothes. There was a fad when I was young wherein we were all wearing army pants and construction boots!! What were we thinking? As I said, who cares? Clothing is self expression. Most grow out of it with time. My son and his friends were all white and going to Lutheran school and had their pants hanging too! Go figure! That was 10 years ago!
You do know where it comes from and what it means? The pants thing.
NJ raider 1

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
1. George H. W. Bush barely invaded Iraq and could not have destroyed all weapons.
2. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni Muslim.
Do you ever get anything right?
Clinton destroyed all of Saddam Hussein's WMD capabilities with the air strikes in 1998. I'll tell you what you dudes thought. Y'all thought bullying Saddam would calm the tensions in the middle east caused by Reagan, continued by Bush 41, controlled by Clinton, & exploded by Bush 43. You can't bullyccountries where the people go to war with rocks & kitchen utensils! People willing to give their lives for their beliefs both, spiritually & mortally! American (Republican) presidents created their own devils. That's what happens when you try to play God! Americans (republicans) still haven't learned their lesson. Republicans trying to coax Obama into sending troops into Syria under false pretense, like Bush did in Iraq! Good thing Obama is as laid back & cool headed as he is. War is only profitable when there's something to gain. Look what we've gained from Bush's 2 wars, nothing but debt!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info