Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 13

United States

#899523 May 9, 2013
Does any one know Angelika Hyde's whereabouts. There is a child that has not been returned to his father. The child has had no contact for the last 36 hours. Please if any knows this women please respond. This is a very serious matter.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#899524 May 9, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's astonishing that the President of the United State would even say that. It's more astonishing most of his followers believe him.
Let's see what he really said shall we Carol?
"Look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own," he said. "You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
"If you've got a business -- you didn't build that," he continued. "Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own."
www.cnn.com/2012/08/31/politics/fact-check-bu...

It was about education and infrastructure stupid, without which the most savvy business person couldn't be successful.

Judged:

10

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#899525 May 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see what he really said shall we Carol?
"Look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own," he said. "You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
"If you've got a business -- you didn't build that," he continued. "Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own."
www.cnn.com/2012/08/31/politics/fact-check-bu...
It was about education and infrastructure stupid, without which the most savvy business person couldn't be successful.
Fox grabbed this and beat it up day in day out. Yet it was in the same context as the Kennedy speech. "Ask not what my country can do for me, but what i can do for my country" These ringers are so into self and greed they can't see past their own stupidity on the power of collective infrastructure giving them those opportunities to succeed. Not once being thankful for that but a compulsion to complain that someone else might get something as a handout because they weren't as successful. This is what those extremists use for propaganda to commit terrorist acts against the West. Not because of benevolence but because of greed.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#899526 May 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused again. That would be oBOZO the light skinned negro with no negro dialect that is the smug sociopathic vulture and liar.
This fact will be highlighted today when the Benghazi whistleblowers testify before Congress.
Were you a special ed student, Democrat?
No, but I worked in a special ed classroom and later on was lead staff and house manager for residences for both mentally ill and developementally delayed adults. I know a lot about both conditions.
You really don't want to go down that road now do you?

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#899527 May 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your only tax money is that which the government takes from you.
Money that the government chooses not to take from others is not yours.
You have no right to the assets of others.
If you give a tax break for an industry, then you need to either cut spending or make up the revenue.

We all know they never cut spending when they issue these breaks.

So do they raise revenues else where? If they raise income or property tax or sales tax then we pay for the tax break.

If they do not raise revenues to make up the difference & do not cut spending, then the amount of that break is added to the debt,for which we are all responsible.

So, t s not a question of of rights o assets. Its a question of who makes up for that loss of revenue?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#899528 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you give a tax break for an industry, then you need to either cut spending or make up the revenue.
We all know they never cut spending when they issue these breaks.
So do they raise revenues else where? If they raise income or property tax or sales tax then we pay for the tax break.
If they do not raise revenues to make up the difference & do not cut spending, then the amount of that break is added to the debt,for which we are all responsible.
So, t s not a question of of rights o assets. Its a question of who makes up for that loss of revenue?
Don't you have some yards to mow today RealDave?

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#899529 May 9, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox grabbed this and beat it up day in day out. Yet it was in the same context as the Kennedy speech. "Ask not what my country can do for me, but what i can do for my country" These ringers are so into self and greed they can't see past their own stupidity on the power of collective infrastructure giving them those opportunities to succeed. Not once being thankful for that but a compulsion to complain that someone else might get something as a handout because they weren't as successful. This is what those extremists use for. propaganda to commit terrorist acts against the West. Not because of. benevolence but because of greed.
I built my company ,the only thing government did was slow down the process and keep me from expanding. As for greed ,what the hell have you done to earn one dime from me. You call me wanting to keep what I have worked for greed, I call you taking what I have worked for theft.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#899530 May 9, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
One more time you prove yourself to be a liar. I am not and was not a fan of former president Bush particularly, when it comes to the economy He was not a conservative, he was and is a liberal. I have said the president nobama inherited economic problems. The problem with failure president nobama is that he has not espoused any solutions. The bad situation he inherited he has made worse. Why working folks, not losers like you accept him and vote for him is difficult to understand. Fewer are working, the average income of those working is declining and more rely on food stamps to feed their families.
Keep lying, that is what you do best. Other posters point out your lies on a regular basis like 50 times a day on average.
Peace
KMA
You had just said that Bush was just one man did not cause the mess all by himself.

Yet you blame Obama everyday for the effects of the Bush recession.

No lying, dancing squirming & denials from you can change that fact.

Above, you blame Obama for a slow recovery (expected from the worst recession in 80 years).. So where is you just one man" argument for Obama like you gave to Bush.

You are a liar. You support Bush & try to lay blame for his failures onto others.

And really, the right whiner ploy of declaring Bush a liberal or a Democrat as a way to hide from your party's failures is pathetic.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#899531 May 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
The loony left wingers are now trying to call terrorists "conservative Islamists". Just watch how quickly the sheep on this thread jump on board
I heard that the other day.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#899532 May 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
what planet do you live on?
Not Planet Limbaugh, Planet Beck, & Planet Fox were you reside.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#899533 May 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
George Washington favored a Potomac River canal, and in any event had no intention of government financing.
That was the route he favored. Not the only one he suggested.

Come on Galt, just admit you were wrong once again.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#899534 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You had just said that Bush was just one man did not cause the mess all by himself.
Yet you blame Obama everyday for the effects of the Bush recession.
No lying, dancing squirming & denials from you can change that fact.
Above, you blame Obama for a slow recovery (expected from the worst recession in 80 years).. So where is you just one man" argument for Obama like you gave to Bush.
You are a liar. You support Bush & try to lay blame for his failures onto others.
And really, the right whiner ploy of declaring Bush a liberal or a Democrat as a way to hide from your party's failures is pathetic.
your loyalty or strange love for a treasonous liar that hates the country he took an oath to serve is pathetic.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#899535 May 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I worked in a special ed classroom and later on was lead staff and house manager for residences for both mentally ill and developementally delayed adults. I know a lot about both conditions.
You really don't want to go down that road now do you?
You should be a client as now that we have had the whistle blowers testify it's obvious you are the type that barks up the wrong tree. We now know the Obama Administration (IE: Obama and Pillary Clinton):

1 - Lied to the American people
2 - Had people threaten the whistle blowers
3 - Had someone give the stand down order
4 - Basically, for politics (Obama's election), did nothing and did a "cover up"

We also saw the DemocRATS act shamefully yesterday in the hearings.

Yet an Obamabot like you said this yesterday morning:

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...

Get off the bus Dupont!

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#899536 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Planet Limbaugh, Planet Beck, & Planet Fox were you reside.
You are a genuine losers RealDave... You an old man and always crying Fox.. LOL.. You are an idiot...

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#899537 May 9, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> I built my company ,the only thing government did was slow down the process and keep me from expanding. As for greed ,what the hell have you done to earn one dime from me. You call me wanting to keep what I have worked for greed, I call you taking what I have worked for theft.
Another right whiner calling supporting his country as stealing from him.

I would suggest that if you don't want to support our country that you should leave.

And really, blaming the government for your poor business management is really pathetic.

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#899538 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the route he favored. Not the only one he suggested.
Come on Galt, just admit you were wrong once again.
Ariel Castro, Cleveland Kidnapper, Is a Registered Democrat

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/ariel_...

Judged:

12

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#899539 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner calling supporting his country as stealing from him.
I would suggest that if you don't want to support our country that you should leave.
And really, blaming the government for your poor business management is really pathetic.
Kidnappers and liberals have a lot in common RealDave.. They will steal your freedom and make you property of their state...

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#899541 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner calling supporting his country as stealing from him.
I would suggest that if you don't want to support our country that you should leave.
And really, blaming the government for your poor business management is really pathetic.
. Davey ill bet I payed more in taxes last year than you earned, hell ill bet I gave more to charity last year than you earned last year. What have you done dave? Sitting on your ass bitchin that people don't give you enough for not doing anything is not supporting your country.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#899542 May 9, 2013
According to voter registration records, Ariel Castro, the Cleveland kidnapper, is a registered Democrat. He was also the alleged leader among the three Castro brothers, who were arrested this week, and the owner of the house at 2207 Seymour Ave., where the three abducted local women had been kept in captivity for over a decade.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022807...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#899543 May 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, reading is not your strong suit.
GeorgeWashington had suggested that these canals be built.
The post was that the Erie Canal had been a Washington idea. It was. The poster never said he built it.
Please call your buddy Flacktard & let him know
see I told you he can't understand what he reads! I think it's a libtard genetic flaw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min festivus infidel 68,906
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min IBdaMann 49,303
Ask Amy 12-23 37 min Mister Tonka 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min Sublime1 98,869
Chicago Pizza Blows 59 min Donald Trump 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports