Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#899503 May 8, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the same Andrew C McCarthy,lame brain defender of McCarthyism, National Review columnist/GOP party hack, believer of every freak show conspiracy theorist crying that there's al-qaeda infiltrators in the Clinton State Department, the same McCarthy that's as much a fruitcake as Michelle Bachmann and the rest of her nutty Sharia-panic caucus? "This isn't the first time McCarthy has used the credibility he's earned as a former prosecutor to lend legitimacy to nutty accusations. In September of 2009, McCarthy alleged that "terrorist sympathizers" had "assumed positions throughout the Obama administration." By "terrorist sympathizers," McCarthy meant Obama administration lawyers who had represented Gitmo detainees or challenged Bush-era war on terror policies the Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional. Many of these lawyers went on to defend policies like targeted killing and indefinite detention, but to McCarthy, they were all foot soldiers in a "Grand Jihad,"—the title of a book in which he argues that the Muslim Brotherhood and the American left have teamed up to destroy America. "What do health care reform and 'the Grand Jihad' have in common?" National Review's Kathryn Jean-Lopez asked McCarthy in a 2010 interview. "They both enjoy support of Islam and the left," McCarthy replied. "In this context, by 'Islam,' I mean the Islamist movement." Great Islamists in history: Hassan al-Banna, Sayyid Qutb, and Ted Kennedy." Andrew McCarthy's Defense of McCarthyism www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/andrew-mccar... .. McCarthy still thinks former Weather Underground member William Ayers wrote Obama's autobiography.(Here's a link to a C-Span video of the event.) http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/FmrFe Sorry, Aunt Bettie Lou, Andrew McCarthy is hardly a credible source.
Andrew C. McCarthy III is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others and also contributed to the prosecutions of terrorists who bombed US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Andrew McCarthy thought the Democratic Presidential candidate, Barack Obama, was not serious about protecting US national security against threats from radical Islam and elsewhere and that Obama had a number of troubling ties and associations with leftist radicals.

I agree. 110%.

Mr. McCarthy said, "I believe that the issue of Obama's personal radicalism, including his collaboration with radical, America-hating Leftists, should have been disqualifying."

I agree. 110%.

Mr. McCarthy noted his dissension with the administration in their policies regarding terrorists by saying, "A war is a war. A war is not a crime, and you don’t bring your enemies to a courthouse."

I agree. 110%.

McCarthy recently spoke out against the War in Afghanistan saying the War benefits the Afghans while hurting American interests and the United States should be concerned solely with its interests.

I partially agree. 85%. Only because, historically, it is considered an unwinnable war.

McCarthy also said the goals of the original proponents of Medicare was to get a foot in the door for full out socialized medicine under a single payer system.

I agree. 110%.

Oh, and I also agree with what McCarthy said that you posted. "Muslim Brotherhood and the American left have teamed up to destroy America."

110%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#899504 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>Bush W lied when he landed a fighter jet on an American aircraft carrier and announced 'Mission Accomplished" as if he had personally defeated Iraq tyrant Saadam Hussein and al -Qaeda himself.
The original mission was to topple Saddam's regime. That was the mission successfully accomplished.

No one anticipated the onslaught of insurgents and al Qaeda joining the fight and calling Iraq the "frontlines".

They can be criticized, perhaps, for not anticipating that as a possibility, but war doesn't come with a crystal ball.

We had no choice at that point but to fight. Unfortunately, it took a long time to regroup before the surge finally ended it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#899505 May 8, 2013
Obamacare will be this president's undoing when it hits the fan this October and into the first of next year if the Benghazi coverup doesn't unravel him first.

This president does not have a winning record any way you look at it. Things are actually worse any way you look at it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#899506 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Obamacare will be this president's undoing when the crap hits the fan even if the Benghazi coverup doesn't unravel him first.
He might be able to hide behind the propagandists and stay under the radar about Benghazi but he can't hide from the "train wreck" that's coming.
Not with preexisting conditions now covered by Obamacare.
Benghazi show is getting old and obviously a House Republican trip

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#899507 May 8, 2013
Okay, maybe I don't agree the Muslim Brotherhood and the American left have teamed up to destroy America. It's more like I agree 110% about the Muslim Brotherhood and 110% about the left - not so much about teaming up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#899508 May 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
The preexisting conditions is the only part everyone agrees with.

I think you underestimate the American people still wanting answers and accountability.

Even Democrats said more hearings are necessary after today to get to the bottom of this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#899509 May 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

You underestimate the American people. We still want answers and accountability.

Even Democrats said more hearings are necessary after today to get to the bottom of this.

(hope this didn't post twice but it's getting late, so goodnight.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#899510 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you underestimate the American people still wanting answers and accountability.
Time will tell

Heading for bed

Pleasant Dreams

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899511 May 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Similar to birther thinking
Highly likely that Obama supplied weapons to Libyan rebels, including Al Qaeda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899512 May 8, 2013
<quoted text> You mean the same Andrew C McCarthy,lame brain defender of McCarthyism, National Review columnist/GOP party hack, believer of every freak show conspiracy theorist crying that there's al-qaeda infiltrators in the Clinton State Department, the same McCarthy that's as much a fruitcake as Michelle Bachmann and the rest of her nutty Sharia-panic caucus?
Anybody who criticizes Obama becomes the victim of a smear campaign.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899513 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>Bush W lied when he landed a fighter jet on an American aircraft carrier and announced 'Mission Accomplished" as if he had personally defeated Iraq tyrant Saadam Hussein and al -Qaeda himself.
The mission, which was to end Iraqi military resistance, had been accomplished. The only mistake Bush made was not to declare victory at that point and to leave Iraq.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899514 May 8, 2013
<quoted text> It's tax payer money that's going to have to pay for the 'tax concessions ' to Filthy Oil of Canada. What's our American government doing giving away tax concessions(our tax money) to a foreign country and corporation?
Not the federal government. States are still free to tax businesses as they choose. Many states have tax-deferred economic development zones.

By the way, you are totally clueless about oil development in Alberta.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899515 May 8, 2013
<quoted text> It's tax payer money that's going to have to pay for the 'tax concessions ' to Filthy Oil of Canada. What's our American government doing giving away tax concessions(our tax money) to a foreign country and corporation?
Your only tax money is that which the government takes from you.

Money that the government chooses not to take from others is not yours.

You have no right to the assets of others.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899516 May 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Pre-existing conditions are already covered if one stays with the same insurer.

Exploding costs and deteriorating service will sink Obamacare.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#899517 May 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get this straight: I am the big guy and you are the little man.
It's nice to clear the air:>
You are the bestest buttsmacker in Smurf Village. I love you Papa Smurf.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#899518 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
When I said to another poster earlier it wasn't about an attack on an embassy and four dead Americans but, rather, the president lying about it...
Well, I take that back. It most definitely IS about the attack on that embassy and four dead Americans. And why we still have no answers as to why it happened and who is responsible for it happening after repeated requests for help were denied.
The president continuing to lie about was just salt being rubbed into an open wound.
The coverup was just as aggregious as the attack.
I'm waiting for the Magic Negro to pull out his Executive Privilege hammer again.

Or play the Race Card again. They're picking on him:]

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#899519 May 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not. If she had, then Bill would not have needed Monica.
Oh, Heavens No! I didn't mean it THAT way:]

I meant that when she very conveniently passed out and hit the floor right before her Congressional Benghazi testimony, they used her fat azz to steady some wobbly tables in the Senate hallways:}

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899520 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anybody ever spend money on medical insurance if they were guaranteed to be insurable if they contracted a serious disease?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899521 May 8, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Heavens No! I didn't mean it THAT way:]
I meant that when she very conveniently passed out and hit the floor right before her Congressional Benghazi testimony, they used her fat azz to steady some wobbly tables in the Senate hallways:}
No, Hillary's stroke was probably legitimate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#899522 May 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are the bestest buttsmacker in Smurf Village. I love you Papa Smurf.
I am a cartoon character now?

Daffy Duck would be my first choice...not Smurf:}

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Beavis 181,694
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min TRD 68,875
Deat Abby 12-16 21 min cheluzal 48
sexting on whatsapp 1 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 2 hr Taint Shield 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr kal 49,174
best joke (Oct '09) 3 hr Always Smile 526
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago