Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#898976 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane never had sex until she was 21 & now she wants to pass a law to make it illegal to have sex until they are 21.
It is illegal to BUY cigarettes under 18. Not smoke them.
libs would have no age of consent,they get off on giveing 10 year olds instructions and condoms.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898977 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try to sugar coat it all you want. They went into some companies, invested money to make them look profitable, borrowed money from banks, sucked their investment plus huge profits out & then let the company to drown on that debt & cause every employee to lose their job.
Sometimes those dents were to the federal, state & local governments who then lost their loaned money & us taxpayers paid.
Even Republicans called him a vulture capitalist.
Top p[retend he did not do these things isa just pathetic.
Here arte 10 quotes about Romney & Bain by Republicans.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/05/22/...
You were a Newt supporter.
"“If Governor Romney would like to give back all the money he’s earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years, then I would be glad to then listen to him”— Newt Gingrich [Mediaite, 12/14/11]"
"“Now, I have no doubt Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips — whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out because his company, Bain Capital, of all the jobs that they killed”— Rick Perry [New York Times, 1/9/12]"
What you fail to grasp is companies go out of business every single day without help from anyone who are trying to prevent it. Some companies still can't make it work even with help.

Romney is an honest man and good businessman who created over 500,000 jobs at Domino's, Staples, Sports Authority, Sealy, Brookstone, and many others. That's more than Obama.

He wanted the opportunity to do the same for the country.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#898978 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to grasp is companies go out of business every single day without help from anyone who are trying to prevent it. Some companies still can't make it work even with help.
Romney is an honest man and good businessman who created over 500,000 jobs at Domino's, Staples, Sports Authority, Sealy, Brookstone, and many others. That's more than Obama.
He wanted the opportunity to do the same for the country.
You can't argue with idiots like Dave. He wears blinders that are super glued to his bobbling square head.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#898979 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like some 2,300 other such U.S. equity firms, Bain looks to buy companies that are underperforming or undervalued and turn them around.
Far from "looting," this is a vital contribution to capitalism and corporate governance.
Some companies bought by private-equity firms suffer job losses after a buy-out because the companies were underperforming.
The critics don't mention the companies acquired in private-equity transactions create more new jobs.
Chrysler and GM might have turned around earlier with fewer job losses and without any taxpayer cost had they been bought by private equity two or three decades ago.
Think of Obama "investing" in Solyndra. Only he didn't use his own money. He used ours. And it still went under.
Keep going, Carol. I already proved my point. Didn't you read your own Republicans calling Romney a job killer?

Are they liars?

There are many equity firms that invest in companies that turn them around. I never said they were all bad.

And then there is Mitt Romney. Made millions while he sent thousands to the unemployment lines.

Newville, PA

#898980 May 8, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> libs would have no age of consent,they get off on giveing 10 year olds instructions and condoms.

So now you idiots have it down to ten.

Sex education prevents unwanted pregnancies.

Kids have sex. But hey, send them out without any knowledge of the consequences.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#898981 May 8, 2013
Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
If NOT for obama, Benghazi would NOT be an issue you idiot. It was obama's war in libya you fool... Benghazi will result in Obama's resignation you fool..

Just imagine what the response from this obama WH would have been had there been 4 jihadists killed instead of 4 Americans you nutcase??

Once you idiot liberals understand that the Obama Administration is fully partnered with the Muslim Brotherhood, everything Barack and his cadre do makes perfect sense.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#898982 May 8, 2013
There's been another child-on-child shooting in America.

A 7-year-old boy was shot in his northeast Houston home on Tuesday -- and the gunman was apparently his younger brother, The Houston Chronicle reported..

According to ABC13.com , the boys were in the bathtub around 9 p.m. when their mother stepped away for a moment. Police say the 5-year-old brother then got out of the tub, found a .22 rifle and shot his older brother.

The injured child was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Officials say the bullet went straight through the boy's back, KHOU.com reported. He is expected to recover.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/texa...

Newville, PA

#898983 May 8, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Baawwaaahhh!!!
Mark Sanford won the special election in South Carolina’s first congressional district Tuesday night. Democrats really thought they could win this seat, going so far as to outspend Sanford.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/08/tru...
I love South Carolina! Smart people are all in the south now while I'm stuck up here with the loony libtards.
Appalachian Trail Sanford.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#898984 May 8, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Baawwaaahhh!!!
Mark Sanford won the special election in South Carolina’s first congressional district Tuesday night. Democrats really thought they could win this seat, going so far as to outspend Sanford.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/08/tru...
I love South Carolina! Smart people are all in the south now while I'm stuck up here with the loony libtards.
So why don't you move there? They're all ignorant just like you.
My nephews moved there from Maine and left, saying those nuts are still fighting the civil war; you'll fit right in.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898985 May 8, 2013
Pat Smith's son Sean Smith, a State Department information officer, was one of four Americans killed during the attack.

JAKE TAPPER: One woman still looking for answers is Pat Smith. Her son, State Department Information Officer Sean Smith was one of the four Americans killed. Pat, thanks so much for being here. I know this is not an easy time. How are you holding up?

PAT SMITH, MOTHER OF SEAN SMITH, KILLED IN BENGHAZI: Terrible. I cry every night. I don't sleep at night. I need answers.

TAPPER: What do you want answers to? What do you not know?

SMITH: Why was there no security for him? When they were supposed to have security and the security that they did have was called back. It just -- things do not add up and I'm just told lies.

TAPPER: Last week, you heard this in the piece the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that Benghazi happened a long time ago.

SMITH: Yes, it did.

TAPPER: Eight months ago.

SMITH: Yes.

TAPPER: What is your reaction to that?

SMITH: Why don't they have answers by now? They've had plenty of time to come up with something other than the things they have not told me.

TAPPER: Are you concerned at all that the hearings and Benghazi that has become a political issue, the Republicans have turned it into a political issue. The Democrats have turned it into a political issue as opposed to being a scandal and a tragedy apart from politics?

SMITH: Of course, it's political. That's the way it's been. That's how they're treating it. That's what they're doing with it. They're making it into something that -- why don't they just do their job? They didn't do their job and now they're hiding behind the word political and going from there.

TAPPER: You have expressed disappointment in the past because President Obama, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, all of them came to you, talked to you.

TAPPER: And then you haven't heard from them. Have you heard from anybody in the Obama administration? Have you gotten any outreach or any answers at all?

SMITH: I got one telephone call from a clerk that was a couple days after it happened. He was reading to me from the time line, which I already had. And that was it. And since then, all they have told me is that I am not part of the immediate family so they don't want to tell me anything.

TAPPER: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified about the Benghazi tragedy shortly before she left office. I want to play a little bit of what she said.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HILLARY CLINTON, FORMER SECRETARY OF STATE: With all due respect, the fact is, we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

TAPPER: What was your reaction to that?

SMITH: Well, that's what I want to know. Why did it happen? And she is in charge. Why couldn't she do something about it? I blame her.

TAPPER: You blame Secretary of State Clinton.

TAPPER: Why?

SMITH: Because that's her department. She is supposed to be on top of it. Yet she claims she knows nothing. It wasn't told to her. Well, who is running the place?

Newville, PA

#898986 May 8, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
RealDave, this is the link to the WSJ article and my last post.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297...
In the opinion section.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#898987 May 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
A 7-year-old boy was shot in his northeast Houston home on Tuesday -- and the gunman was apparently his younger brother, The Houston Chronicle reported..
According to ABC13.com , the boys were in the bathtub around 9 p.m. when their mother stepped away for a moment. Police say the 5-year-old brother then got out of the tub, found a .22 rifle and shot his older brother.
The injured child was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Officials say the bullet went straight through the boy's back, KHOU.com reported. He is expected to recover.
Harvard Graduate, Nutty Alabama Professor Amy Bishop: Far-Leftist terrorist, Obsessed with Obama... Liberal homicidal maniac.. certified deranged democrat...
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#898988 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
My nephews moved there from Maine and left, saying those nuts are still fighting the civil war; you'll fit right in.
It has been reported that you should move to South Carolina as soon as you are sober.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898989 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try to sugar coat it all you want. They went into some companies, invested money to make them look profitable, borrowed money from banks, sucked their investment plus huge profits out & then let the company to drown on that debt & cause every employee to lose their job.
Sometimes those dents were to the federal, state & local governments who then lost their loaned money & us taxpayers paid.
Even Republicans called him a vulture capitalist.
Top p[retend he did not do these things isa just pathetic.
Here arte 10 quotes about Romney & Bain by Republicans.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/05/22/...
You were a Newt supporter.
"“If Governor Romney would like to give back all the money he’s earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years, then I would be glad to then listen to him”— Newt Gingrich [Mediaite, 12/14/11]"
"“Now, I have no doubt Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips — whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out because his company, Bain Capital, of all the jobs that they killed”— Rick Perry [New York Times, 1/9/12]"
Dave would never understand that these companies would have closed anyway, and instead at least were given a chance.

Dave prefers the Hostess-type of bankruptcy, where a bullying union drives a company down the drain.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#898990 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
They are smarter & nicer than you and the idiot liberals here up north, dingbat. I would rather live with them than you diabolical morons, any day of the week.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#898991 May 8, 2013
So?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898992 May 8, 2013
_WaitWhat_ wrote:
Obama is 100x better than Bush
Obama does spend a lot more of other people's money, if that impresses you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#898993 May 8, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
They are smarter & nicer than you and the idiot liberals here up north, dingbat. I would rather live with them than you diabolical morons, any day of the week.
So, when you get out of jail, then move. Who cares?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#898994 May 8, 2013
SEOUL, South Korea -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is tapping his friendship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to ask for the release of a Korean-American man sentenced to 15 years of hard labor in the North.

"I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him `Kim', to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose," Rodman said on Twitter. He later called the tweet a direct response to a Seattle Times editorial that dared him to ask Kim for the release if the two are really buddies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/rodm...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898995 May 8, 2013
_WaitWhat_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Southern States and Conservative voters who live in them are the poorest int he nation. They are also the states that need the most funding. It is usually the conservative states (most) that are sent money to help them than the liberal states.
Most of that spending goes to military facilities because of strategic locations and/or the state's willingness to host the military. These states also have large minority populations with attendant welfare costs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,186
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Fair Game 46,805
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,416
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,733
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 49,897
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 7 hr Mr oH 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr _Zoey_ 4,722
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs