Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#899006 May 8, 2013
The frontman for the Christian heavy metal band As I Lay Dying was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly trying to hire a detective posing as a hitman to kill his estranged wife.

According to the Los Angeles Times, 32-year-old Tim Lambesis was arrested in Oceanside, California and charged with one count of of solicitation to commit murder and two counts of conspiracy to commit a crime. His arraignment is scheduled for Thursday.

KFMB-TV reported on Tuesday that Lambesis’ wife, Meggan, filed for divorce in September 2012. San Diego County Sheriffs officials said they received a tip on May 2 as to Lambesis’ alleged intentions and set up a meeting between the detective and the singer.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/08/christi...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#899008 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, helping people get health insurance is such an ugly attack.
You people get dumber every day.
Quit lying. The truth is he's forcing people to get health insurance.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#899009 May 8, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
My business is related to putting people like you in jail. You got is bass ackwards, dingbat. Most of the misfits I see in court are your type.
What would I go to jail for?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#899010 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you idiots have it down to ten.
Sex education prevents unwanted pregnancies.
Kids have sex. But hey, send them out without any knowledge of the consequences.
first off davey its actualy at 9 years old in NY when you perverts start telling little girls in school about graphic sex. 2nd davey sex ed does not stop unwanted pregnancies , teaching children morals and values does. 3rd davey its the parents job to guide their children and help them make the right choices, its not the governments job to raise your kids its the parents job.. why are you goddam libs so FN iresponsible or lazy to teach your own children? Is there anything you people can take responibilty for with out needing government to take care of you?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#899011 May 8, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Well good for you Mr Peabody! Where's Sherman?
It's a sad state when people think $3.17 is cheap gas.
sonicfilter

Westfield, IN

#899012 May 8, 2013
Ted Cruz and the Politics of Imprudence

.... this episode touches on a deeper matter, which is the habit some on the right have of confusing principled convictions with self-destructive tactics. Rather than selectively picking the ground on which to fight, they seem to relish brinksmanship and conflict, even if they lose those confrontations legislatively and in the court of public opinion. But what makes this whole thing slightly bizarre is that in the process the self-styled purists accuse those who oppose them as being (in Cruz’s elegant description)“a bunch of squishes.”

It takes a person of unusual ideological brittleness to mock those who are intelligent enough not to join a lawmaker and his colleagues in their version of Pickett’s Charge.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/05/06/...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899013 May 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Few of those companies is bankrupt__First Solar saw it's stock value double last month.
The right wing loons have no real argument so the lie.
Goldman Sachs profited while the taxpayer-funded projects went belly up.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#899014 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be some who prefer not to be insured. Instead, they rely on the rest of us to pay for their care when they have to go get major health care. Maybe you want to pay for that in higher medical bills & higher insurance rates?
Why is it so hard for you idiots to believe people pay for their own medical care?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899015 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Appalachian Trail Sanford.
Nancy Pelosi Colbert
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#899017 May 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Pat Smith's son Sean Smith, a State Department information officer, was one of four Americans killed during the attack.
JAKE TAPPER: One woman still looking for answers is Pat Smith. Her son, State Department Information Officer Sean Smith was one of the four Americans killed. Pat, thanks so much for being here. I know this is not an easy time. How are you holding up?
PAT SMITH, MOTHER OF SEAN SMITH, KILLED IN BENGHAZI: Terrible. I cry every night. I don't sleep at night. I need answers.
TAPPER: What do you want answers to? What do you not know?
SMITH: Why was there no security for him? When they were supposed to have security and the security that they did have was called back. It just -- things do not add up and I'm just told lies.
TAPPER: Last week, you heard this in the piece the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that Benghazi happened a long time ago.
SMITH: Yes, it did.
TAPPER: Eight months ago.
SMITH: Yes.
TAPPER: What is your reaction to that?
SMITH: Why don't they have answers by now? They've had plenty of time to come up with something other than the things they have not told me.
TAPPER: Are you concerned at all that the hearings and Benghazi that has become a political issue, the Republicans have turned it into a political issue. The Democrats have turned it into a political issue as opposed to being a scandal and a tragedy apart from politics?
SMITH: Of course, it's political. That's the way it's been. That's how they're treating it. That's what they're doing with it. They're making it into something that -- why don't they just do their job? They didn't do their job and now they're hiding behind the word political and going from there.
TAPPER: You have expressed disappointment in the past because President Obama, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, all of them came to you, talked to you.
TAPPER: And then you haven't heard from them. Have you heard from anybody in the Obama administration? Have you gotten any outreach or any answers at all?
SMITH: I got one telephone call from a clerk that was a couple days after it happened. He was reading to me from the time line, which I already had. And that was it. And since then, all they have told me is that I am not part of the immediate family so they don't want to tell me anything.
TAPPER: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified about the Benghazi tragedy shortly before she left office. I want to play a little bit of what she said.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
HILLARY CLINTON, FORMER SECRETARY OF STATE: With all due respect, the fact is, we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
TAPPER: What was your reaction to that?
SMITH: Well, that's what I want to know. Why did it happen? And she is in charge. Why couldn't she do something about it? I blame her.
TAPPER: You blame Secretary of State Clinton.
TAPPER: Why?
SMITH: Because that's her department. She is supposed to be on top of it. Yet she claims she knows nothing. It wasn't told to her. Well, who is running the place?
Who in the fuhell was DS agent Scott Strickland??? BTW DS=diplomatic security.

Ms Smith ought to be asking why her son and the ambassador were in the Benghazi consulate on that particular evening?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899018 May 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you move there? They're all ignorant just like you.
My nephews moved there from Maine and left, saying those nuts are still fighting the civil war; you'll fit right in.
Lots of people leave Maine because the economy of the state is dead and the weather sucks.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#899019 May 8, 2013
The Christian home school subculture isn’t a children-first movement. Some former students are bravely speaking out

Several decades ago, political activists on the religious right began to put together an “ideology machine”. Home schooling was a big part of the plan. The idea was to breed and “train up” an army of culture warriors. We now are faced with the consequences of their actions, some of which are quite disturbing.

Smith is referring to the Calvinist movement, founded by Rousas John Rushdoony, that advocates a Christian takeover of the political system in order to “purify” the nation and cleanse it of the sin of secularism. Rushdoony taught that public schools –“statist education,” in his words – promote chaos, primitivism, and “a vast disintegration into the void”. He advocated home schooling as a way to rear a generation that could carry out the mission of retaking the nation for Christ.

Much of fundamentalist home schooling is driven by deeply sexist and patriarchal ideology. The Quiverfull movement teaches that women need to submit to their husbands and have as many babies as they possibly can. The effects of these ideas on children are devastating, as a glance at HA’s blogs show.“The story of being home schooled was a story of being told to sit down and shut up.‘An ideal woman is quiet and submissive,’ I was told time and time again,” writes Phoebe.“The silence and submission I was pushed into was ultimately a place of loneliness, bitterness and almost crippling insecurity.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/08/the-hom...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#899020 May 8, 2013
Well, well, well -

Israel has granted oil exploration rights inside Syria, in the occupied Golan Heights, to Genie Energy - Major shareholders of Genie Energy – which also has interests in shale gas in the United States and shale oil in Israel – include Rupert Murdoch and Lord Jacob Rothschild...

http://intellihub.com/2013/05/07/israel-grant...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#899021 May 8, 2013
Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
Not bad, but next time I tell you to jump, I had better get a "yes master"!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899022 May 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Who in the fuhell was DS agent Scott Strickland??? BTW DS=diplomatic security.
Ms Smith ought to be asking why her son and the ambassador were in the Benghazi consulate on that particular evening?
Why don't you tell us?

And why does it matter if Obama and Hillary let them die without any effort to help and then covered up the incident?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#899024 May 8, 2013
The Christian home school subculture isn’t a children-first movement. Some former students are bravely speaking out
Several decades ago, political activists on the religious right began to put together an “ideology machine”. Home schooling was a big part of the plan. The idea was to breed and “train up” an army of culture warriors. We now are faced with the consequences of their actions, some of which are quite disturbing.
Smith is referring to the Calvinist movement, founded by Rousas John Rushdoony, that advocates a Christian takeover of the political system in order to “purify” the nation and cleanse it of the sin of secularism. Rushdoony taught that public schools –“statist education,” in his words – promote chaos, primitivism, and “a vast disintegration into the void”. He advocated home schooling as a way to rear a generation that could carry out the mission of retaking the nation for Christ.
Much of fundamentalist home schooling is driven by deeply sexist and patriarchal ideology. The Quiverfull movement teaches that women need to submit to their husbands and have as many babies as they possibly can. The effects of these ideas on children are devastating, as a glance at HA’s blogs show.“The story of being home schooled was a story of being told to sit down and shut up.‘An ideal woman is quiet and submissive,’ I was told time and time again,” writes Phoebe.“The silence and submission I was pushed into was ultimately a place of loneliness, bitterness and almost crippling insecurity.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/08/the-hom...
Are you opposed to choice in education?
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#899025 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's begin with posting while inebriated.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#899026 May 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Appalachian Trail Sanford.
That's senator sanford to you.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#899027 May 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit lying. The truth is he's forcing people to get health insurance.
Dumb Dave is such a lying POS. Obama and the Nazi Democrats are forcing people into crap health care. If it was so great, why did the Unionized Connecticut State Employees vote down a deal with the state (Democrat Governor) because they thought they would be forced into Connecticut's proposed version of Obamacare?

The union employees re-voted affirmatively after the union leaders assured them "No Obamacare".

Dumb Dave is such a lying, deceitful, ignorant POS.
Lincoln

United States

#899028 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Sanford dumped the Red Neck for the Argentine mistress

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Jacques Ottawa 181,844
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min OzRitz 49,225
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 55 min WOW 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,064
abby 12-21 2 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-21 2 hr PEllen 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,255
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:31 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:31AM