Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898811 May 7, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about Mitt Romney.
Don't even pretend that he did not do those things.
He did a good job at Bain. He made lots of money f*cking over the working man.
Maybe you just don't understand the business of investment firms.

Bain Capital invested in or acquired hundreds of companies including AMC Entertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino's Pizza, DoubleClick, Dunkin' Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America, Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys "R" Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel.

Most of the firm's profits were made from a small number of deals with the overall success and failure rate being about even.

Out of 68 deals Bain Capital made one year, the firm lost money or broke even on 33 of them.

Out of 77 deals, 17 went bankrupt or out of business; in 6 cases, the firm lost all its investment; and 10 were very successful and represent 70% of the total profits.

In other words, they invest their own money and either win or lose based on the success or failure of the company they invest in.

Sometimes they earn a profit even if a company isn't successful.

That's business.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#898812 May 7, 2013
'Benghazi will totally be the next Watergate' Unless It isn't' believed by no one anywhere. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/beng... How much mallarky can Republicans desperate to get an edge before 2014 spittle from their forked tongues? First it was Obama 'birth certificate', Fast&Furiousgate,'Solyndra gate','Fiskergate','Homeland Security FOIA Process-gate','whatever job Obama offered Joe Sestak to run against Arlen Specter -gate', Boston Marathon-bomber-gate,...yadda, yadda, yadda, when none of those conspiracy-scandal-gates panned out , republicans still thrashing around like goony-birds on a date.
frontporchreacti onary

Wilmington, DE

#898813 May 7, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break it to you phag, but some people have THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of rounds of multiple ammo types already stored (wink wink, nudge nudge). Fear not however; most people who do so are law-abiding citizens. Now, if we can just keep the dildews out of leftist hands, all will be quiet on the Western front....
Fenris, you'll be the first one to break and cry your ass off to the gub-mint when your oxy and reddi-wip runs out.:-D
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898814 May 7, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Some on the left need the obvious spelled out to them.
But didn't Clinton also set up the wall of "miscommunication" between the CIA and FBI? And wasn't that cited as a major breakdown in the 9/11 Commission Report as to why 9/1l happened?
Pretty sure it was.
Yes

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898815 May 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You are an extraordinary parade of bullshit. You in fact, make the Corporatist Barack Obama the most GMO-dedicated politician in America.
You don't attain that position through errors or oversights. Obama was, all along, a stealth operative on behalf of Monsanto, biotech, GMOs, and corporate control of the future of agriculture and loser democrats.
From your perspective, Michelle Obama's campaign for home gardens and clean nutritious food suddenly looks like a diversion, and George Miller a sellout. a cover story floated to obscure what her husband has actually been doing.
Nor does it seem coincidental that two of the Obama's biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto, respectively, in 2010.
The point is you idiot is that we are talking about a sitting president here, a president obama who presented himself, and was believed by many to be, an extraordinary departure from politics as usual.
Not only was that a wrong assessment, Obama was lying all along. He was, and he still is, Monsanto's man in Washington.
Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., took some early blame for the rider, including from the Center for Food Safety. "In this hidden backroom deal, Senator Mikulski turned her back on consumer, environmental, and farmer protection in favor of corporate welfare for GMO biotech companies such as Monsanto," CFS executive director Andrew Kimbrell said in a statement on March 20. "This abuse of power is not the kind of leadership the public has come to expect from Obama or (D)Senator Mikulski or the Democrat Majority in the Senate."
The Democratic Party should change their name to the Denial Party.

Their leader remained in denial longer than anybody about Benghazi.

How can the followers be expected to be any different?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898816 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> stop trying to pass laws that women must get a vaginal probe(a piece of metal stuck up her ass)
This jerk has a doctorate in anatomy.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#898817 May 7, 2013
Under the radar, one of the great psychiatric stars, who has been out in front inventing mental disorders, went public. He blew the whistle on himself and his colleagues. And for 2 years, almost no one noticed. His name is Dr. Allen Frances, and he made VERY interesting statements...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/the-lying...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898818 May 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Did she furnish the cover up and lies???
Let me rephrase that. Do you believe that the CIA owes it to the American and by proxy the worlds people to be truthful and upfront about it's mission?
And then__which of the three legislative branches of the federal government has full control over the CIA.
Careful now__the president appoints the CIA director__BUT__only the director controls the actions of the CIA. Many doubt that the director even knows what's going on in that agency.
The better question is__who controls the contractors and operatives?
I guess your time was to valuable to learn about billy waugh__your loss pal.
The CIA should hold its secrets close, but the President should not lie to cover up his screw-ups.

The President is responsible for EVERYTHING done by the CIA and EVERY other government agency.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898819 May 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a fkn lie Carol__why is it necessary for you to lie? Is your political position that weak? Threatened?
Do you always use vulgar language talking to older women?

After all, Carol is not one of your scumbag used car customers.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898820 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
'Benghazi will totally be the next Watergate' Unless It isn't' believed by no one anywhere. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/beng... How much mallarky can Republicans desperate to get an edge before 2014 spittle from their forked tongues? First it was Obama 'birth certificate', Fast&Furiousgate,'Solyndra gate','Fiskergate','Homeland Security FOIA Process-gate','whatever job Obama offered Joe Sestak to run against Arlen Specter -gate', Boston Marathon-bomber-gate,...yadda, yadda, yadda, when none of those conspiracy-scandal-gates panned out , republicans still thrashing around like goony-birds on a date.
Obama deliberately lied and covered up the deaths of four Americans on the anniversary of 9/11 for political gain.

If he doesn't resign, his actions call for his impeachment.

Another president was forced to resign for a much lesser offense in a much less serious coverup.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898821 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> You mean better educated, more affluent, and non-brainwashed Republican women like Phyllis Schlafly , sarah palin, and ann romney? LOL!!! THose women all supported the Republican National Convention platform that banned all abortions without exception.'The Republican National Convention Platform has approved the “human life amendment,” which would ban abortion without exception for rape or incest.' Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/21/...
Galt will gladly skip the CPUSA website.

Galt supports abortion on demand, otherwise known as black genocide.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#898822 May 7, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic Party should change their name to the Denial Party.
Their leader remained in denial longer than anybody about Benghazi.
How can the followers be expected to be any different?
Hey No Surprize and Doofus Lou , Wasn't it a slimedog Republican who anonymously slipped the Monsanto Protection rider into the GMO bill? Yes, I thought as much, you never thought anyone would bring it up ;did you? Republicans cry about Obama failing to live completely up to his pledge of transparency in government then try to hide amendments that no one wants except their BigAg Business partners inside huge, routine appropriations bills. Republicans lie to their own party loyalists. This is what you get for not supporting the Democrats attempts to repeal CitizensUnited and get dirty money out of Congress.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898823 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
"It is rare that a member of Congress calls out a major industry, especially one with a powerful presence in his home state.
It is rarer still that a senior member of Congress, with a ranking position on a powerful committee, does so.
But Congressman George Miller has gone after a fashion industry that relies on low-wage workers in unsafe factories to produce clothing with “blood on their labels.”
The California Democrat is speaking to the heart of the matter.
As the death toll at the Bangladesh garment factory that produced clothing for US stores passed 650, the powerful California Democrat who has for the better part of forty years made workplace safety his congressional brief did what few in Congress or the media have the guts to do." http://www.thenation.com/blog/174184/congress...
Bangladesh is an independent country that is vital to providing high quality medical care to the US under Obamacare. The slave laborers in these garment factories are the parents of our future brain surgeons.

Judged:

10

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898824 May 7, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break it to you phag, but some people have THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of rounds of multiple ammo types already stored (wink wink, nudge nudge). Fear not however; most people who do so are law-abiding citizens. Now, if we can just keep the dildews out of leftist hands, all will be quiet on the Western front....
We are ready when the time comes.

Just ask them to smile to provide a good target.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#898825 May 7, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama deliberately lied and covered up the deaths of four Americans on the anniversary of 9/11 for political gain.
If he doesn't resign, his actions call for his impeachment.
Another president was forced to resign for a much lesser offense in a much less serious coverup.
Show where Obama lied, Doofus Lou--the Congressional investigative report on Benghazi says otherwise that there was no evidence that the Obama Administration lied, tried to lie, deceive , or otherwise cover-up the government's actions. No matter how much wine you drink tonight , how drunk you get, how many ways you try to blur the facts of history , you can't. Too many witnesses say you're full of caca. ;-)

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898826 May 7, 2013
A small number of investments made the most profits for Bain. Staples is one example.

The overall success and failure rate, however, was about even.

That's business. Win some, lose some and sometimes break even.

The bottom line is a lot of people have jobs because of investment firms like Bain Capital.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#898827 May 7, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you just don't understand the business of investment firms.
Bain Capital invested in or acquired hundreds of companies including AMC Entertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino's Pizza, DoubleClick, Dunkin' Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America, Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys "R" Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel.
Most of the firm's profits were made from a small number of deals with the overall success and failure rate being about even.
Out of 68 deals Bain Capital made one year, the firm lost money or broke even on 33 of them.
Out of 77 deals, 17 went bankrupt or out of business; in 6 cases, the firm lost all its investment; and 10 were very successful and represent 70% of the total profits.
In other words, they invest their own money and either win or lose based on the success or failure of the company they invest in.
Sometimes they earn a profit even if a company isn't successful.
That's business.
You forgot to mention the ton of money Romney and Bain Capital made off their SteriCycle (medical waste company) after Romneycare that guaranteed paid abortions passed in Massachusetts .

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#898828 May 7, 2013
A liberal website criticized Romney for saying in 1985 he wanted to "harvest companies".

A harvest strategy is the way an entrepreneur or investor intends to extract his money from a business after it has become successful.

Success breeds success.

Hard to believe this concept eludes so many liberals.

But milking people out of their hard-earned money to buy into global warming and becoming filthy rich by scamming them is okey-dokey.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898829 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Show where Obama lied, Doofus Lou--the Congressional investigative report on Benghazi says otherwise that there was no evidence that the Obama Administration lied, tried to lie, deceive , or otherwise cover-up the government's actions. No matter how much wine you drink tonight , how drunk you get, how many ways you try to blur the facts of history , you can't. Too many witnesses say you're full of caca. ;-)
Obama and his stooges Rice and Clinton lied through their teeth when they blamed the consulate attack on a video.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#898830 May 7, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention the ton of money Romney and Bain Capital made off their SteriCycle (medical waste company) after Romneycare that guaranteed paid abortions passed in Massachusetts .
So, should we put you in the anti-abortion column or in the Gosnell non-corporate ghetto abortion clinic column?

Judged:

10

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,980
Amy 3-30-15 21 min miss ann elk 40
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min RACE 5,829
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min SpaceBlues 52,423
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 51,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr scirocco 69,322
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,161
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]