Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,256)

Showing posts 825,101 - 825,120 of1,033,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> All from overseas.
Two furriners here on student visas and one a US citizen. They're being charged with providing false information to LE. The two furriners were questioned two weeks ago and found to be in violation of their visas.

It's developing news stay tuned for more details.

I'm still curious about the wife. The older bro had been denied US citizenship__was marriage a way to extend his stay in the US__was the kid some kind of anchor baby? The wife was from a moneyed professional family and was likely raised in the Catholic Church, what the ef was she thinking about?
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

DO BLACK DEMOCRATS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FREE SPEECH OF BLACK PEOPLE Rev. Johnson disinvited at Morehouse College
Rev. Kevin R. Johnson An invitation to the Rev. Kevin R. Johnson, senior pastor of Bright Hope Baptist Church, to be the baccalaureate speaker May 18 at his alma mater, Morehouse College, has been rescinded.

Johnson was informed of the decision by Morehouse College President John Silvanus Wilson Jr. in an April 15 phone call from Atlanta.

According to a press release from Citizens for Change — a group of prominent Morehouse graduates — Wilson’s decision was based on concerns Johnson expressed in an op-ed article that appeared in The Tribune on April 14. In the commentary, Johnson voiced displeasure about President Barack Obama’s lack of Black appointees in his cabinet.

The release said Wilson felt the article was “untimely” given that Obama is scheduled to be the 2013 commencement speaker on May 19.

Reached Saturday via e-mail, Johnson said,“What has made Morehouse such a premier institution is its commitment to critical thinking, free thought, and free speech. Morehouse teaches her students not to accept the status quo, but to ask the critical ‘why’ and then do something about it, just as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Maynard Jackson, Julian Bond, and others did, to uplift African-American people.In the release, Johnson said,“I have always been and continue to be a supporter of President Obama. The issue is not about the article in question, but about Morehouse’s longstanding history and pedagogy of free thought and free speech. Without free thought and free speech, Morehouse would not have produced our most admired alumnus, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.”

Several noted Morehouse College almuni are members of Citizens for Change.

“Kevin is not just a Morehouse man,” said the Rev. Calvin Butts, senior pastor of The Abyssinian Baptist Church in Harlem, president of SUNY Old Westbury, and a member of the group. In the release Butts said,“he is a stellar example of the college’s rich tradition of producing outstanding leaders in this century who are well-educated, forward-thinking, community-conscious, and global citizens.”

The alumni group wants Wilson to reaffirm and honor his invitation to Johnson.

“If President Wilson turns his back on one of our most distinguished alums because of an exercise of free speech and political commentary, he will have set Morehouse on a dangerous course and departed from the great tradition bequeathed to us,” said the Rev. Dr. Amos Brown, senior pastor of Third Baptist Church in San Francisco in the release.“In 1947, Dr. King warned that,‘If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. Be careful,‘brethren!’ Be careful, teachers!’ We are potentially witnessing the realization of King’s greatest fears.”

Wilson was unavailable for comment.

WHY DOES THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY LIMIT FREEDOMS OF BLACK PEOPLE

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Bush's failure to listen to the FBI/CIA??
You mean' Bush's incompetence that allowed us to be attacked by his friends, the Saudi's??
Bush holds hands and has gay sex with Saudi rulers, he allowed the BinLAden family to escape America after 9-11 attacks.
Where is the investigation of Bush's treason??
I say 9-11 and you think gay sex? Interesting.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturd puppet!! ROTFLMAO!!
Reported as spam.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First the right whiners an screaming down the street, flailing their arms "OMG OMG OMG the Democrats wanted everyone to on a home" (Ignoring Bush's efforts to expand home ownership)
Now the right whiners run screaming through the streets " OMG OMG OMG Home ownership is down"
You people get more ridiculous every day.
Once again dave can't comprehend what he reads.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you say noting when Nobraina calls Lily disgusting names repeatedly.
You're a phony, Jason, a whining little poof.
Even Flake called Nobraina out on his disgusting talk.
Kudos to Flake!!
You and Eman ignore it, being the misogynists you are.
Then you stupidly spend hours calling Lily natsy. Whatever that means.
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep attacking carol, son. Its all you got.
Too funny!!

You usee a reply to Jasonto accuse me of attacking Carol!!

You're drunk early today, nitwit!!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

POOR DEMOCRATS BLACK REALLY THINK OBAMA HAS DONE SOMETHING FOR THEM lololo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've done nothing but pick a fight with carol. Lol
So refuting Carol's nonsense is picking a fight??

Like a nice gouda to go with your childish whine??

BWAHAHAHAHAA
NuculurNutjobPri zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again!! Good Morning!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on the depends!!!!
I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is cheese and double strength depends, try it!!!)
Most sincerely, Not Surprized!!
And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me!
A quick reminder!!!!!!!!
I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our OBAMABOT friends are doing right now.
I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so, hypocrite.
Waxturd pupet!! ROTFLMAO!!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

critical thinking, free thought, and free speech. Morehouse teaches her students not to accept the status quo, but to ask the critical ‘why’ and then do something about it, just as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Maynard Jackson, Julian Bond, and others did, to uplift African-American people OBAMA DEMOCRATS DO NOT HAVE THESE VALUES

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your whic, for sure.
Baawwaaaahhh!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you doing posting her, phag? Take that cheap Cabelas popgun, insert in your mouth, and gently squeeeeeeeeeze.....

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny to see a diabetic, overweight smoker speak of others not having common sense!!
Do you ever reflect on your own disasterous lifestyle??
Where;s your common sense?? You must know the dangers of smoking are far greater for diabetics.
Want me to post the facts on what you're doing to yourself??
Ready for the amputations??
Funnier than hell to see you talk of common sense, while you have none.
One more thing. Most diseases, hereditary or lifestyle, don't catch up to most of us until after the age of 50, myself included.

So how old are you again? And when was the last time you had a complete physical? Because I thought I was healthy as a horse too. After you turn 50, I would highly suggest it.

Hope you're also vigorously exercising at least three times a week.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Each one of those bills either repealed part or all of Obamacare & reduced access to abortion.
We certainly know Republicans hate paying for things. As you said, Republicans voted no because they valued a pledge to lobbyist over the good of our country.
Most Democrats can't vote fast enough to repeal parts of Obamacare.

Are you keeping up with the latest current events?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> With how much Republican support.
RealDave how’s that Recovery going? We have less people with Jobs, Economy’s in the Tank, Dave the Recovery Act is sort of like the Stimulus neither has worked!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Billy C do? At least he redeemed himself by admitting his actions were morally indefensible.
At the time though, did you think of him as a sex pervert?
A dollar to a donut says he'd do it again, he's a hound Carol__hounds don't change their ways which is to say that there is no 12 step recovery program for hounds.

Perhaps you remember hearing the name Gennifer Flowers twenty odd years ago when Clinton was seeking the oval office. Perhaps you remember that the voters elected him in spite of that character fault. Christopher Hitchens said it best, "Bill Clinton was a hard dog to keep on the porch."

And then eight years later the nations voters chose another feller knowing full well that he too had character flaws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Just something to think about in the context of these obamabots doing what they are told.
"The first five years create the foundation for the child to accomplish key developmental advances in mind and body. From the first day of life to the first day in kindergarten, a child grows at a phenomenal pace that is unequalled at any other time of life. It is during these years that the brain undergoes its most dramatic growth. Language blossoms, basic motor abilities advance, thinking starts to become more complex, and social/emotional development enables the child to begin to understand his own feelings and those of others."
Anyone who accuses an entire religion of being evil is obviously a jerk.

This applies to you and Flake, unAmerican haters.

People come here for freedom of religion, our nation was founded on this principle.

Since the days of the Crusades, ending when Saladin destroyed the Christian Crusaders, there has been fricrtion between Christians and Muslims.

Christians have exploited the Middle Eastern nation since the fall of the Ottomans.

I know that's way over your 4th grade skillset, but if we persist in this demonizing of other religions, it will end badly for all.

Funny how the Christians in Germany weren't held responsible for their actions during WWII.

As Dylan said:

""When the Second World War
Came to an end
We forgave the Germans
And then we were friends
Though they murdered six million
In the ovens they fried
The Germans now too
Have God on their side.""

----------

You're really a stupid little fella.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't have a family.
Is this more of the 'I can see thru the internet stupidity'??

I thought so.

You don't know crap about me, but I know you've got a retarded son!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't wish hereditary diabetes on anyone just like I wouldn't wish any kind of hereditary chronic disease on anyone.
But, in your case, being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes would almost be poetic justice. Have you checked into your family history recently? Might be a good idea.
I've told you repeatedly, I am not overweight.
But let me ask you again. Do you eat ONLY healthy foods, avoid ALL caffeinated beverages and sodas and NEVER eat any sweets or fatty foods?
If so, you are the model of health for us all and can criticize others. If not, shut the hell up.
I don't smoke cigarettes.

Everyone knows how dangerous that is.

Point is, where's this common sense you claim??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 825,101 - 825,120 of1,033,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,083
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Patriot AKA Bozo 42,964
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 7 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Chicagobunny 47,035
Abby 4-17 13 min Mister Tonka 34
Amy 4-18 14 min PEllen 3
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 226
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min PEllen 96,077
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search