Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897704 May 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance providers cannot provide medical care, nor can the government.<quoted text>Doctors and hospitals provide medical care, not ins. companies or the govt.
Realtime is a deranged idiot.. Always has been.. Forever he will be...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#897705 May 5, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime is a deranged idiot.. Always has been.. Forever he will be...
I guess you are right. What he said didn't make any sense.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#897706 May 5, 2013
great weekend!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897707 May 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Better to back an ally of Russia and Iran and host to Hezbollah eh?
Best to just stay the fk out of the fray__what's FOX News official position on which side we should support???
No clue about the Fox position, nor does Galt care.

The US should not be involved and the fool in the White House should just STFU and save the threats for something that matters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897708 May 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yet both do__routinely, and have for years.
Wrong. Doctors and hospitals provide medical care, not insurance companies or the government.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897709 May 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>The best of us reside in the gulch.
We intend to stay there until things improve. Then we can resume contributing as usual because this is what we have always longed to do in the first place, with our hands untied.
Understood.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#897712 May 5, 2013
SHERIFF JOE INJECTS NEW LIFE INTO OBAMA ELIGIBILITY
Court decision pending on challenge to presidency
Published: 1 hour ago

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/sheriff-joe-inject...

God B~L~E~S~S him & them!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#897713 May 5, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama’s entire life has been devoted to fomenting bigotry, racial animus and divide. All of his mentors, from the rancid racist and surrogate father, Frank Marshall Davis to Fan of Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright, have been rabid, whitey despising racists, you included RealDave...
He covered up the deaths of four Americans, one an ambassador, that was perpetrated by a coordinated al Qaeda attack on the anniversary of 9/11 because he announced a few months earlier that he had killed bin Laden and al Qaeda was on the run and it was right before an election.

Personal gain and power came before telling the truth to the American people and closure to the victims' families. This is a coverup that makes watergate look like child's play.

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." Luke 12:2

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#897714 May 5, 2013
LOL @ "covered up." Stupid.

Orlando, FL

#897715 May 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
an "eminent" threat?
Do you speak English?
Does it matter if Saddam was an "eminent" threat or an "imminent" threat if the point is he was still a threat?

The UN considered him an imminent threat as did Bill Clinton and every prominent democrat before 9/11.

It's why they're weasels. They knew it and still let Bush hang in the wind for political gain.

And to add insult to injury, they lied to you while doing it.

Orlando, FL

#897716 May 5, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Horror stories abound of live babies being killed and dumped into plastic containers, as well as babies actually trying to "swim" after being born in a toilet. Only psychopathic leftists would have brain matter diseased enough to favor abortion on demand, yet oppose capital punishment for heinous muderers....
How many more doctors and clinics doing this kind of barbarism haven't been exposed yet? Probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Orlando, FL

#897718 May 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Anyone following the Gosnel (Democrat) trial who murdered full term babies by snipping spinal chords after birth?
The corrupt leftwing media (Ministry of Propaganda) is not covering this mass murderer like they do when a mentally ill person kills people with guns.
This Democrat is really sick.
So is the liberal media.
prop·a·gan·da - 1.publicity to promote something: information put out by an organization or government to promote a policy, idea, or cause. 2.misleading publicity: deceptive or distorted information that is systematically spread.

The liberal media are propagandists by the very definition. Propagandists also withhold information to promote a policy, idea or cause.

Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897719 May 5, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Leadville Lou, "you don't have any concerns about who will pay the bill. " and also George W Bush and Ronald Reagan had no concerns about who would pay for trillion dollar national deficits when Bush was running up the debt with two unpaid for overseas wars ,an unpaid for prescription drug plan entitlement program for seniors and even large tax cut entitlements to the wealthiest Americans. Have to wonder if Bush W. and Reagan were not really 'geldings' or neutered eunuch's of the U S Imperial State. "I am not worried about the deficit."-President Ronald Reagan.
Were "their" deficits in the trillions? Still denying 9/11 ever happened?
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897720 May 5, 2013
Leadville Lou, "you don't have any concerns about who will pay the bill. " and also George W Bush and Ronald Reagan had no concerns about who would pay for trillion dollar national deficits when Bush was running up the debt with two unpaid for overseas wars ,an unpaid for prescription drug plan entitlement program for seniors and even large tax cut entitlements to the wealthiest Americans. Have to wonder if Bush W. and Reagan were not really 'geldings' or neutered eunuch's of the U S Imperial State. "I am not worried about the deficit."-President Ronald Reagan.
Were they advertising in Mexico to sign illegals up for welfare as soon as they crossed the border?
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897721 May 5, 2013
Did they flush $92 billion down the drain on failed green energy scams?

Orlando, FL

#897722 May 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion piece and while Kessler has very impressive credentials in health care policy he's having fun with numbers and words. In one example, he has premiums for small groups increasing as much as 18% in another he has premiums increasing over 80%__apples and oranges perhaps? How many US dollars is 400% of the US Poverty level Carol? Why would the esteemed professor use such a description to state a persons income.
Health care premiums have been increasing every year babe particularly since the mid 1990's.
Very impressive credentials, indeed.

Daniel Kessler is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor at the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University where he teaches courses on economics, public policy and the health care industry. He is also a professor at the Stanford Law School and a professor, by courtesy, of health research and policy in the School of Medicine.

He is the holder of a PhD in economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a JD from Stanford Law School.

He was quite clear in the WSJ. Small-group premiums are expected to increase by as much as 23% and, while some firms will see premium decreases due to community rating, firms with younger and healthier workers will see very large increases: 89% in Missouri, 91% in Indiana and 101% in Nevada.

I see no discrepency. Or apples. Or oranges.
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897723 May 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Trilion dollar deficits stemming from the Recession.
Your problem is that you blame the ones trying to fix the problem while giving a pass to those that created them.
I have kids& I care. That is why I will never ever vote for a Republican in state or federal elections. When you vote Republican, that candidates views are irrelevant because they always yield to party leadership.
The best way to decrease the deficits is to grow the economy. Yet Republicans vote against stimulus actions. They put their party's future electoral needs aead of this country's needs.
Oblamer cares not one wit about jobs, clearly what he cares about is propping up the stock market and Wall Street, which is exactly what his jewish controllers have ordered him to do. Open your eyes.
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897724 May 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Colleges typically extend part & full ride scholarships to promising students who can not afford their tuition.
where's them deficit figures that show what Bush was keeping off the books?

You don't have any, what you have is far left talking points, backed up by hot air.
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897725 May 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,another right whiner who doesn't get the Global Warming is climate change.
It doesn't mean that every place on Earth is warmer all the time.
Second coldest spring on record in the US, I can't take much more of this globull warming.
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#897726 May 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Trilion dollar deficits stemming from the Recession.
Your problem is that you blame the ones trying to fix the problem while giving a pass to those that created them.
I have kids& I care. That is why I will never ever vote for a Republican in state or federal elections. When you vote Republican, that candidates views are irrelevant because they always yield to party leadership.
The best way to decrease the deficits is to grow the economy. Yet Republicans vote against stimulus actions. They put their party's future electoral needs aead of this country's needs.
Here's what directly led to the recession , how many times do I have to tell you?

The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Sublime1 98,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]