Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232329 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#897940 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney did bring it up, Carol.
Once again you demonstrate either your lack of knowledge or your lack of honesty.
Benghazi was/is a losing issue. Most Americans recognize that Libya was a dangerous place & like most dangerous places open to attack with little defense.
This witch hunt with this fake outrage on when Obama called it a terrorist attack is beyond stupid & pathetic.
You are FOS, dummy.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#897941 May 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I'm all for "hymen rights" as well.
Nice profile of you, lily.

http://www.petguide.com/breeds/dog/bluetick-c...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897942 May 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
well played.
Not playing.

Obama is the "neo-con" in the Arab world, interfering in country after country.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#897943 May 6, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
I think Romney would have won and I thought he was in great shape after the first debate. Then he took a hard right and it was all over.
Romney lost the moment he chose Paul Ryan.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#897944 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree, I'm all for "hymen rights" as well.
Lol! Swype!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#897945 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So ambassadors in France get armed security and ambassadors in enemy territory are left abandoned after repeatedly requesting assistance long before the attack?
In the aftermath, investigators identified more than a dozen violent events in Benghazi during the previous six months.
The chairman of the subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations sent a letter to Secretary of State Clinton which listed a number of these events including car jackings, kidnappings, assassination attempts and gun battles. The letter stated, "Put together, these events indicated a clear pattern of security threats that could only be reasonably interpreted to justify increased security for U.S. personnel and facilities in Benghazi."
According to "Benghazi: The Definitive Report," the Regional Security Office in Tripoli "compiled a list of 234 security incidents in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012, 50 of which took place in Benghazi.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this was a major political coverup on the part of this administration.
Coverups for political gain usually don't end up well for those responsible - even at the highest levels.
ambassadors in france and Valerie Jarett.

No Marines for Libyan Ambassador, Full Security Detail for Valerie Jarrett Vacation

Ambassador Chris Stevens did not have a Marine detail in Benghazi, Libya. But White House Senior Advisor and Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett has a full Secret Service detail on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, according to Democratic pollster Pat Caddell.

That’s the pathetic foreign policy of the Obama administration, says Caddell today in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News.“Jarrett seems to have a 24 hour, around the clock detail, with five or six agents full time,” Caddell explains.

“The media has been completely uninterested. We don’t provide security for our ambassador in Libya, but she needs a full Secret Service security detail. And nobody thinks there’s anything wrong with this. And nobody in the press will ask. What kind of slavish stoogery are they perpetrating here?

“This country has reached the point of absurdity. There are people dead because we don’t have security details for them. But she’s privileged to have a full Secret Service detail on vacation?”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897946 May 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
A new report in the Wall Street Journal....
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/12/04/...
If the report is actually in the Wall Street Journal, why not provide a link to the original source instead of an edited version from a Soros website?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897947 May 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht__the unprepared Mitt bit into a wormy apple.
There was a large CIA base just a mile or so from the Benghazi embassy compound__until the purpose of that CIA base is known this talk of Benghazi is wasted ted time.
But feel free to spew the FOX line and continue to look stupid.
LOL.. Where is your proof, the beef, Realtime... A scholarly azzhole like you should have a better answer then referencing FOX you idiot...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#897948 May 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave …. Tell me if this is not the Liberal agenda, Redistribution for the Common Good?
Dave you did say your business is seasonal, so I guess’ Davey Lawn Service’ is gearing up for another season!!
If only you knew what redistribution of wealth actually means.

My business has some aspects that are seasonal & other aspects that are all year around.

If I had a lawn service business, what would be wrong with that?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#897949 May 6, 2013
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice profile of you, lily.
http://www.petguide.com/breeds/dog/bluetick-c...
Lily's sister-in-law has been in the paper a lot lately. At first I thought it was Esther from Sanford & Son.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-queens...
Lincoln

United States

#897950 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Romney lost the moment he chose Paul Ryan.
Paul was a legend in the vice presidential debate
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897951 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
All Democrats will vote for Hillary, Flack knows nothing. Who will the repubs run? Ted Cruz? Marco Rubio? Rand Paul? LOL!
I don't think Hillary will run but is serving as a distraction for those younger Democrats who are mulling over a run.

I do agree that she could whip the shyt out of any and all Republican challengers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897952 May 6, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
I think Romney would have won and I thought he was in great shape after the first debate. Then he took a hard right and it was all over.
Romney fell for the Fat Candy setup in the second debate and backed down instead of pressing his advantage. Even so, he was in decent shape until Fat Chris kissed Obama.
Lincoln

United States

#897953 May 6, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>ambassadors in france and Valerie Jarett.
No Marines for Libyan Ambassador, Full Security Detail for Valerie Jarrett Vacation
Ambassador Chris Stevens did not have a Marine detail in Benghazi, Libya. But White House Senior Advisor and Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett has a full Secret Service detail on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, according to Democratic pollster Pat Caddell.
That’s the pathetic foreign policy of the Obama administration, says Caddell today in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News.“Jarrett seems to have a 24 hour, around the clock detail, with five or six agents full time,” Caddell explains.
“The media has been completely uninterested. We don’t provide security for our ambassador in Libya, but she needs a full Secret Service security detail. And nobody thinks there’s anything wrong with this. And nobody in the press will ask. What kind of slavish stoogery are they perpetrating here?
“This country has reached the point of absurdity. There are people dead because we don’t have security details for them. But she’s privileged to have a full Secret Service detail on vacation?”
http://www.breitbart.ja rrett-pat-caddell-libyan-embas sy
Good material for the now over 2012 election.
Romney used same, and received 47%
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#897954 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
the 47% video did him in, the outdated comments about women did him in too.
Standing behind Murdock and Akin, did him in too.
Not revealing the tax returns, did him in as well
Truth be told, all that was the icing & decorations on the cake. His downfall was not even being nominated by his party in 08".that showed America they didn't really have confidence in him, but he was just the sacrifice used to get Obama(the blackman) out of the office. I don't think they could've nominated a more unfit candidate. He came in with the same baggage from his last attempt, & even more this time!
Lincoln

United States

#897955 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The headline for the link to that WSJ article on your website was only: "Bureaucratic Battle Blunted Libya Attack 'Talking Points'".
You had to order a subscription to read the story.
bu·reauc·ra·cy:
1.administrative system: an administrative system, especially in a government, that divides work into specific categories carried out by special departments of nonelected officials
2.officials collectively: the nonelected officials of an organization or department
3.state or organization: a state or organization operated by a hierarchy of paid officials
Bureaucrats could be anyone from a first year Senator to anyone on Capital Hill in an administrative position including the POTUS.
Good material for the now over Republican campaign of 2012.
Hope that all is well carol!
Peace
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897956 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you knew what redistribution of wealth actually means.
My business has some aspects that are seasonal & other aspects that are all year around.
If I had a lawn service business, what would be wrong with that?
RealDave a certified OWS communist... Never spent a day in the Military and his age is 67.. Forever him been doomed to handouts a loser4life... and never owned a business... Your bullshit is the words of a phoney RealDave..
Lincoln

United States

#897957 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Think that was the idea - it's why the Obama handlers and the liberal media stabbed Hillary in the back.
They just overplayed the race card - their ace in the hole - until it finally backfired.
Overlooking the fact that Obama administration is the third and fourth Clinton Administration.:-)

Remembering Hillary Clinton as Sec of State, maybe you missed this?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#897958 May 6, 2013
Internet Sales Tax: Call Congress Immediately

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

May 6, 2013

The Senate is expected to vote today on legislation that will destroy internet-based business.

The effort to undermine online business with sales over a million dollars has bipartisan support and the establishment media is downplaying its negative effect on an economy already seriously depressed.

The corporate media is also ignoring the additional burden the law will place on consumers hard hit by Federal Reserve engineered inflation and the prospect of rising taxation from government on the federal, state and local level.

In order for government to collect even more money from consumers, the so-called Marketplace Fairness Act will force online retailers to navigate more than 9,600 tax jurisdictions across the country. It will also expose business to audits by out-of-state tax collectors...

http://www.infowars.com/internet-sales-tax-ca...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#897959 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Romney lost the moment he chose Paul Ryan.
Libturds are stuck on vp picks. Vps don't determine the outcome of an election.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 5-24-15 4 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Pookie Bear 189,774
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,482
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 20 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 21 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 21 hr RICO 7,567
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]