Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#897930 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said before, Obama is the luckiest man alive.
Romney handed him the election on a silver platter when he refused to bring up Benghazi in the foreign policy debate.
Obama would have certainly looked like a deer caught in headlights that soon after the attack and an attempted coverup. There would have been a 30 minute response with so many, "uhs" and "ands" we would've lost count and no one would have had any idea what he was talking about by the time he finished.
However, on second thought, Obama would have no doubt just said, it's still under investigaton...even though everyone knew the whole story by then. You would've bought it though.
Aunt Bettie Lou that’s what happens when you have Rhino Republicans running your campaign but you’re Right playing it Safe was Costly!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897931 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he just let two golden opportunities slip through his hands - not saying a word about Benghazi during the debate on foreign policy - playing it safe was his undoing in this case - and allowing a biased liberal mediator to become part of the townhall debate without an immediate reaction - total shock was his undoing in that case.
If only he had put Obama's reaction to Benghazi in the spotlight, it would have been all over but the cryin' right then and there.
Bullsht__the unprepared Mitt bit into a wormy apple.

There was a large CIA base just a mile or so from the Benghazi embassy compound__until the purpose of that CIA base is known this talk of Benghazi is wasted ted time.

But feel free to spew the FOX line and continue to look stupid.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897933 May 6, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Heads are gonna roll on this one. If it finds it's way to the top it will be Watergate all over again.
Disagree
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897934 May 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The study compared the percentage of blacks voting vs the percentage of whites and showed that it was part of a years long trend.
Do you mean voting age people or registered voters?
All Democrats will vote for Hillary, Flack knows nothing. Who will the repubs run? Ted Cruz? Marco Rubio? Rand Paul? LOL!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897935 May 6, 2013
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
That's on top of the ones she posts as lily.
lily will confess her ignorance, leosnana will provide it...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897936 May 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt Bettie Lou that’s what happens when you have Rhino Republicans running your campaign but you’re Right playing it Safe was Costly!!
Who would you have liked to have had the nomination?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897937 May 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
Obama's second term will not be as easy as his first. The lame stream media will sooner or later for Hillary's sake eventually throw obama under the bus...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#897938 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said before, Obama is the luckiest man alive.
Romney handed him the election on a silver platter when he refused to bring up Benghazi in the foreign policy debate.
Obama would have certainly looked like a deer caught in headlights that soon after the attack and an attempted coverup. There would have been a 30 minute response with so many, "uhs" and "ands" we would've lost count and no one would have had any idea what he was talking about by the time he finished.
However, on second thought, Obama would have no doubt just said, it's still under investigaton...even though everyone knew the whole story by then. You would've bought it though.
Romney did bring it up, Carol.

Once again you demonstrate either your lack of knowledge or your lack of honesty.

Benghazi was/is a losing issue. Most Americans recognize that Libya was a dangerous place & like most dangerous places open to attack with little defense.

This witch hunt with this fake outrage on when Obama called it a terrorist attack is beyond stupid & pathetic.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897939 May 6, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> If your logic holds any height, that babies in the womb are living breathing beings, & deserves rights as such.When exactly does the fathers rights to his child kick in? I ask because, take away abortion, & women in a tight jam will perform self abortions. By law that's not illegal because " it's her body." Now, should the mother be held responsible for murder if she performs her own abortion against the fathers will? After all, to give the baby rights, you have to give the father rights! I may agree with you as far as my individual stance on abortion, but honestly, who are you to tell another hymen being what she can, or can not do with her body?
I agree, I'm all for "hymen rights" as well.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#897940 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney did bring it up, Carol.
Once again you demonstrate either your lack of knowledge or your lack of honesty.
Benghazi was/is a losing issue. Most Americans recognize that Libya was a dangerous place & like most dangerous places open to attack with little defense.
This witch hunt with this fake outrage on when Obama called it a terrorist attack is beyond stupid & pathetic.
You are FOS, dummy.

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#897941 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice profile of you, lily.

http://www.petguide.com/breeds/dog/bluetick-c...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897942 May 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
well played.
Not playing.

Obama is the "neo-con" in the Arab world, interfering in country after country.

Newville, PA

#897943 May 6, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
I think Romney would have won and I thought he was in great shape after the first debate. Then he took a hard right and it was all over.
Romney lost the moment he chose Paul Ryan.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#897944 May 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol! Swype!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#897945 May 6, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So ambassadors in France get armed security and ambassadors in enemy territory are left abandoned after repeatedly requesting assistance long before the attack?
In the aftermath, investigators identified more than a dozen violent events in Benghazi during the previous six months.
The chairman of the subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations sent a letter to Secretary of State Clinton which listed a number of these events including car jackings, kidnappings, assassination attempts and gun battles. The letter stated, "Put together, these events indicated a clear pattern of security threats that could only be reasonably interpreted to justify increased security for U.S. personnel and facilities in Benghazi."
According to "Benghazi: The Definitive Report," the Regional Security Office in Tripoli "compiled a list of 234 security incidents in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012, 50 of which took place in Benghazi.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this was a major political coverup on the part of this administration.
Coverups for political gain usually don't end up well for those responsible - even at the highest levels.
ambassadors in france and Valerie Jarett.

No Marines for Libyan Ambassador, Full Security Detail for Valerie Jarrett Vacation

Ambassador Chris Stevens did not have a Marine detail in Benghazi, Libya. But White House Senior Advisor and Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett has a full Secret Service detail on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, according to Democratic pollster Pat Caddell.

That’s the pathetic foreign policy of the Obama administration, says Caddell today in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News.“Jarrett seems to have a 24 hour, around the clock detail, with five or six agents full time,” Caddell explains.

“The media has been completely uninterested. We don’t provide security for our ambassador in Libya, but she needs a full Secret Service security detail. And nobody thinks there’s anything wrong with this. And nobody in the press will ask. What kind of slavish stoogery are they perpetrating here?

“This country has reached the point of absurdity. There are people dead because we don’t have security details for them. But she’s privileged to have a full Secret Service detail on vacation?”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897946 May 6, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
A new report in the Wall Street Journal....
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/12/04/...
If the report is actually in the Wall Street Journal, why not provide a link to the original source instead of an edited version from a Soros website?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897947 May 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht__the unprepared Mitt bit into a wormy apple.
There was a large CIA base just a mile or so from the Benghazi embassy compound__until the purpose of that CIA base is known this talk of Benghazi is wasted ted time.
But feel free to spew the FOX line and continue to look stupid.
LOL.. Where is your proof, the beef, Realtime... A scholarly azzhole like you should have a better answer then referencing FOX you idiot...

Newville, PA

#897948 May 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave …. Tell me if this is not the Liberal agenda, Redistribution for the Common Good?
Dave you did say your business is seasonal, so I guess’ Davey Lawn Service’ is gearing up for another season!!
If only you knew what redistribution of wealth actually means.

My business has some aspects that are seasonal & other aspects that are all year around.

If I had a lawn service business, what would be wrong with that?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#897949 May 6, 2013
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice profile of you, lily.
http://www.petguide.com/breeds/dog/bluetick-c...
Lily's sister-in-law has been in the paper a lot lately. At first I thought it was Esther from Sanford & Son.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-queens...
Lincoln

United States

#897950 May 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Romney lost the moment he chose Paul Ryan.
Paul was a legend in the vice presidential debate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min texas pete 5,909
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min FastandFurious 187,324
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Cracker Jack 87
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,700
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Progressive Democrat 52,858
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Michael Satterfield 99,362
Ask Amy 4-25-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]