Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897473 May 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"frontpageasshole"
Checked some labels on a few items of clothing I wear on a regular basis and I found;
- Levi Strauss blue jeans - made in Haiti
- Haines skivies and T shirts - made in Vietnam
- Dockers slacks - made in Vietnam
- Port Authority jacke - made in Vietnam
- Wrangler button down western shirt - made in The Philippines
- I Zod pullover - made in Jordan
- PGA Tour pullover - Taiwan
- Russel Atletics jacket - made in China
- Dockers V neck sweater - made Thailand
- Van Hueson pullover - made in Bangladesh
- Arrow button down shirt - made in Mexico
- Haggar slacks - made in Mexico
- Spalding jogging suit - made in China
- Wilson jogging pants - made in the Philippines
- Lee polished cotton slacks - made in Mexico
Guess what the countries noted above are basically all poor countries, and guess what else all those products were purchased, not at Wal-Mart but at retailers like JC Pennys, Nordstrom, Kohls, Macys, Fred Meyer.
Why do you not blame the well known American companies that use the services of the poor in these countries to produce their goods. Why do you not attack the Penny's, the Sears, the Nordstroms, the Macy's, the Fred Meyers, that get their products from these poor countries? The answer you are a phoneyfucking hypocrite.
Peace
KMA
Attaboy, EasyEed.

Now, try to find a television manufactured in the US.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897475 May 4, 2013
rev wright wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
Food stamps are welfare and the number of people collecting food stamps has increased dramatically.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#897476 May 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
John Galt, "If Walmart paid significantly higher wages and benefits, the current workers would be replaced by more qualified people.
And the standard of living of the poor in the community would be reduced by dramatically higher prices. " Henry Ford would emphatically disagree with your wrongheaded meanness and disregard for your community. Henry Ford wrote,...' paying high wages was also smart business. When wages are low, uncertainty dogs the marketplace and growth is weak. But when pay is high and steady, Ford asserted, business is more secure because workers earn enough to become good customers.'
Who are the typical Wal-Mart employees? Unless you're into corporate upward mobility (you can find that at Wal-Mart, as well), Wal-Mart is all about employing lower to middle-class people. Why would you want them "replaced", to do what, get a job that YOU deem appropriate?
You know-it-all liberal a**holes are so wrapped up in your presumptuousness, you can't imagine someone working a job they enjoy, at a wage they seem happy with. If they want a more ostentatious lifestyle, they can try and find a better job.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#897477 May 4, 2013
rev wright wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be your menstrual cycle coming to an end.
at least you picked a perfect name to use for posting ignorant comments.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#897478 May 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that all Walmart shoppers are poor is ridiculous.
Financially secure people do not reach that status by overpaying for brand-name goods that they can buy cheaper at Walmart.
Damn right. That's a lesson one learns through experience and good sense. Most Walmart detractors have neither.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#897479 May 4, 2013
Truth was spoken when Rev. wRight described obama as just another politician who will say anything just to get elected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#897480 May 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"frontpageasshole"
Checked some labels on a few items of clothing I wear on a regular basis and I found;
Guess what the countries noted above are basically all poor countries, and guess what else all those products were purchased, not at Wal-Mart but at retailers like JC Pennys, Nordstrom, Kohls, Macys, Fred Meyer.
Why do you not blame the well known American companies that use the services of the poor in these countries to produce their goods. Why do you not attack the Penny's, the Sears, the Nordstroms, the Macy's, the Fred Meyers, that get their products from these poor countries? The answer you are a phoneyfucking hypocrite.
Peace
KMA
Amen, Easy

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
frontporchreacti onary

Wilmington, DE

#897481 May 4, 2013
Tracie McMillan's excellent piece on California agribusiness won a James Beard award last night! If you haven't read it yet, here's your chance:In the fields of California, wage theft is how agribusiness is done. http://prospect.org/article/common-dirt-0#.UY...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897482 May 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The demographics of Germany are far superior to those of the US, making comparisons difficult.
80% authentic white German native born add another 10% for other white native born citizens.

Keep in mind that East Germany was isolated until the 1980's.

So, Germany is primarily a white, well educated nation of what? Eighty million who rely on unions to bolster their wages and government to keep German manufactured products competitive on the world stage.

If you poke around in German demographics you'll also find that there are far fewer men past age 65 than women and that German males diks are "on average" 1.6 inches shorter and 1/3 smaller in circumference that those of the planets other males.

So, which part of Germany are you from pal???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#897483 May 4, 2013
John Galt, "Both parties trying to maximize their own benefit. " Never happened. The real outcome is that both parties agree to give up something (accept less than individual 'maximised benefit) so as to share the mutually agreeable optimal benefits of a social contract.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#897484 May 4, 2013
John Galt, "Obama has exploded the welfare rolls." Another one of your FauxNews fake statistics to distract from you losing your argument with me?'Q: Do 11 states now have more people on welfare than they have employed?

A: A viral email making this claim is off base. It distorts a Forbes article that compares private-sector workers with those “dependent on the government,” including government workers and pensioners, and Medicaid recipients — not just “people on welfare.”' Check this out: http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/death-spiral...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#897485 May 4, 2013
Realtime , "So, Germany is primarily a white, well educated nation of what?" Q&A - Tolerance and Ethnic Diversity in German Society http://youtu.be/0FrG44s04ug

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897488 May 4, 2013
Realtime , "So, Germany is primarily a white, well educated nation of what?" Q&A - Tolerance and Ethnic Diversity in German Society http://youtu.be/0FrG44s04ug
Yeah__what I said earlier__c'mon we're talking about a nation that cheated at Olympic barrel jumping__the stupidest winter sport ever.

Well, maybe the second stupidest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897493 May 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Amen, Easy
He made that sht up Flacko.

The [apparel registry] can be found online if you're interested in where those products are actually made.

How about the US retailers and Bangladesh government putting heat on the owners of that company who's building collapsed to get back in business and get those goods back in production???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897494 May 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>80% authentic white German native born add another 10% for other white native born citizens.
Keep in mind that East Germany was isolated until the 1980's.
So, Germany is primarily a white, well educated nation of what? Eighty million who rely on unions to bolster their wages and government to keep German manufactured products competitive on the world stage.
If you poke around in German demographics you'll also find that there are far fewer men past age 65 than women and that German males diks are "on average" 1.6 inches shorter and 1/3 smaller in circumference that those of the planets other males.
So, which part of Germany are you from pal???
German products compete primarily on quality.

BMW is not General Motors.

Since you are so good with statistics, how does the German labor force participation rate compare with the United States?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897495 May 4, 2013
John Galt, "Both parties trying to maximize their own benefit. " Never happened. The real outcome is that both parties agree to give up something (accept less than individual 'maximised benefit) so as to share the mutually agreeable optimal benefits of a social contract.
Horseshit.

Maximized benefit means the most you can get, not what you want.

"Social contract" my ass!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#897496 May 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He made that sht up Flacko.
The [apparel registry] can be found online if you're interested in where those products are actually made.
How about the US retailers and Bangladesh government putting heat on the owners of that company who's building collapsed to get back in business and get those goods back in production???
Well my Wrangler's are made in Nicaragua.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#897497 May 4, 2013
John Galt, "Obama has exploded the welfare rolls." Another one of your FauxNews fake statistics to distract from you losing your argument with me?'Q: Do 11 states now have more people on welfare than they have employed?
A: A viral email making this claim is off base. It distorts a Forbes article that compares private-sector workers with those “dependent on the government,” including government workers and pensioners, and Medicaid recipients — not just “people on welfare.”' Check this out: http://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/death-spiral...
44.7 million Americans now on food stamps, compared to 28.2 million in 2008.

If you think food stamps (something for nothing) are not welfare, then you are kidding yourself.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#897498 May 4, 2013
How do people this stupid ever get elected? NH Republican Rep. Stella Tremblay Questions Legitimacy Of Boston Bombing Victim’s Loss Of Both Legs "In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing last month, New Hampshire Republican state Rep. Stella Tremblay pushed a crazy conspiracy theory alleging that the federal government orchestrated the horrific attack that left three people dead and dozens injured. She made the claim in a post on Glenn Beck’s Facebook page.

That lunacy wasn’t enough for Tremblay, however. Despite being condemned by her own party and being called upon to resign by constituents, Tremblay appeared on a right-wing radio show this week and dared to question the legitimacy of a reaction to injuries suffered by a victim of the bombing. The Union Leader reports that Tremblay attacked Jeff Bauman, a victim who lost both of his legs in the tragic terrorist attack and heroically made an effort to talk to the FBI about the suspects despite his devastating injury.

“My first gut reaction seeing the horror of that person that has their legs blown off,” Tremblay’s crazy theory began.“You know, the bone sticking out? He was not in shock. I looked and I thought, there’s something.… I don’t know what’s wrong, but it seems surreal to me. I talked to my sister, who’s not into politics at all, and she said,‘Yes, I saw the same thing.’ He was not in shock. He was not in pain. If I had had those type of injuries, I’d be screaming in agony.” Of course, no active Republican has yet to call for Tremblay to resign,...Check this out: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/04/nh-re...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#897499 May 4, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"frontpageasshole"
Peace
KMA
FrontPorchMonkey is just a chimp that does monkey see, monkey do. He simply repeats the propaganda he reads and hears with no ability to discern what is silly from what is valid.

American cars have foreign made parts and Obama is in bed with GM so the Porch Monkey won't mention that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,304
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 21 min RIP Jahziel 44
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min Frijoles 70,032
Abby 10-22 31 min PEllen 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Belle Sexton 50,609
Abby 10-20 52 min Mister Tonka 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr David 98,501
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]