Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#897125 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically stupid statement from a typical stupid person.
2012 was the warmest year on record, nationwide.
Stay stupid. We need morons like you to laugh at.
----------
"""2012 marks the warmest year on record for the contiguous U.S., with the year consisting of a record warm spring, the second warmest summer, the fourth warmest winter, and a warmer than average autumn," Jake Crouch, a climate scientist at the National Climatic Data Center at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), said in a press conference Tuesday.
According to a new NOAA report, the average temperature for the lower 48 states in 2012 was 55.3 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), which is higher than the previous 1998 record by one degree Fahrenheit (0.6 degree Celsius).
A single degree difference might not seem like much, but it is an unusually large margin, scientists say. Annual temperature records typically differ by just tenths of a degree Fahrenheit.
"That is quite a bit for a whole year averaged over the whole country," said Anthony Barnston, chief forecaster at Columbia University's International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI), who was not involved in the study.
2012: An Odd Year
To put that difference in perspective, said NOAA's Crouch, consider that the entire range of temperature increase between the coldest year on record, which occurred in 1917, and the previous hottest year in 1998 was just 4.2 degrees Fahrenheit (2.3 degrees Celsius).
"2012 is now more than one degree above the top of that. So we're talking about well above the pack in terms of all the years we have data for the U.S.," he added.
2012 was also the 15th driest year on record for the nation: The average precipitation total for the contiguous U.S. was 26.57 inches (67.5 centimeters), 2.57 inches (6.5 centimeters) below average.""
----------
Most Americans agree that our weather patterns, drought, etc., are caused by climate change, just as all leading scientists say.
Only the brain dead Repugnants believe otherwise, and they're controlled by Corporate interests.
Well there you go, a**hole. As I said, the "globe" isn't warming and areas that appear to be enjoying "the warmest year on record (that's a joke by itself)" are caused by regional cyclic fluctuations, not the concerted emanations of disingenuous doom-sayers like you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897126 May 3, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure dem. You were the one claiming his hillbilly parents gave it to him, but that's not what CNN or ABC reported. You loons will now say a 22 is an assault rifle, but Diane Fienstein will carry a gun.
Maybe you should check Media Matters!
Baawwwaahhh!!!!
So, you claim that his parents didn't give it to him. Where'd he get it then? Every source reported that it was a gift; if it wasn't a gift from the parents? Who gave it to him? Santa or the Easter Bunny? or the Tooth Fairy?
"Dear Little BillyBob,
congratulations on losing your tooth, now go blow your sister away and I'll get you a bigger one next time"
Love, The Toof Fairy
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897127 May 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You live in VA, everyone know that. You were born in WV(an Unconstitutional state btw), you were an average student, shy but became more aggressive in your latter school years, some would say a bully. You spent your weekends with family on camping/fishing trips, you got your first gun at 6 and shot your first deer at 12, you were a bit squeasmish whne your father had you gut it. You were married at an early age to your high school sweetheart and subesequently dumoped by her after 10 long years and raising 2 beautiful daughters of which you now share joint custody. You always had a penchant for science as long as it didn't disagree with your rightwing slanted political views. You had a mild flirtation with voting for Perot but eventually settled on Dole. You frequent Jerry's Bar and Grille, love the outdooors and your John Deere Tractor which you use to mow your lawn as often as you can. Parents names are Howard and Estelle. You also have an estranged brother named George.
Jeb has a strange brother named George too! What a coinkydink!

P.S. you forgot the racing outfit

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#897128 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been elected President twice. Proving that only nitwits care about the 'records'. I'm happy he can piss you off so easily!!
Other than hateful racists like you and Carol, nobody cares. If they did, he wouldn't have been elected nor re-elected.
Stay stupid. It suits you well.
That's the biggest puzzle. How he got elected twice.

But we should celebrate because unemployment dropped a notch from 7.6% to 7.5%.

It's sort of like waiting on pins and needles from month to month to find out if you're going to live after waiting 4-1/2 years already.

But, as you know, Obamacare came first and it now looms like a dark ominous cloud. Are you ready? Because 42% of Americans have no clue it's even the law of the land.

I think I'll wait to celebrate until after October 1 - and maybe until the end of the year after the reality sets in.

Hope I'm wrong and it's a big smash for both employers and employees...and tax payers too, of course.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897129 May 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody has to work at WalMart. They don't like it they can leave. Funny as how I talk to a lot of those downtrodden they seem happy to be there. Most live quite well. But then two people making $800 a week can live quite well around here.
Wouldn't all retailers like to have the opportunity to offer universal single payer healthcare at no cost to them to all of their employees?
Wouldn't all retailers like to be able to pocket that sales tax?
Wouldn't all retailers like to get a free building and pay no property taxes?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897130 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, for a variety of reasons, mostly cost of production, commonly called lifting costs.
Williston Basin or not, the estimates are far too rosy. Though we'll produce more oil, we'll still need about 40% imported oil.
As far as shale natural gas, have you ever seen the charts showing the rate of decline??
They can't drill and frack fast enoough to keep up with the rate of decline of each well. This is true for Marcellus, Barnett, Eagle Ford, etc.
A lot of it is 'Happy Talk'.
I stand by that estimate. We'll see.
You didn't convince me__at least not on the ten years.

That means that the base F 150 pickups being sold today will cost at least $260 to top off by 2023.

Maybe 18-20 years__not 10 imo.

Orlando, FL

#897132 May 3, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahaha
As I said, we won't even get into the czars who surround him. Some were - and still are - pretty scary.

You are too.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#897138 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Later, losers..........
I see the Wife got home still on Restriction!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#897140 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why you didn't know!!
Are you in kindergarten or what?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#897142 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Later, losers..........
Y'all can come out of hiding now.
You too, Carol. Have a cigarette. Put another nail in your coffin.
Told ya.

Orlando, FL

#897143 May 3, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think too, that if starting a freshman year at any college, would NOT be records that anyone would opt to have as "sealed".
What's the big "secwet" deal?
The truth will come out many years from now. Probably after most of us here are dead and gone. Hopefully, maybe not.

The thing about a president's legacy, it usually doesn't catch up with them and stick until enough time has passed.

However, my prediction is that GW Bush's legacy will far outshine that of Barack Obama's 20 years from now. It almost does already.

Like Carter, Obama can run from his future legacy, but he can't hide. The now hidden truths will eventually see the light of day.

Orlando, FL

#897144 May 3, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so confusing, dumb carol.
More votes is how elections work.
Sore losers are part and parcel of the process.
Apparently, losers in general are also part and parcel of the process.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#897145 May 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi (I): Does Fox News have a scoop with its cloaked Special Operator?
Not from what I am hearing ‘round the barnyard. Here's an example, from retired Special Forces Col. David Maxwell, on the record and everything, about Fox's ‘scoop' saying SF could have responded to Benghazi in time:
Whistle blower my a**. If this guy is a real special operator (and I have my doubts) I wonder if he realizes what an embarrassment he is to the community. What he offers is pure speculation and not based on any real facts as I have heard and appears to be coming from his fourth point of contact. He comes across as just another conspiracy theorist who is taking Fox News for a ride.
http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/05/...
Benghazi Hearings to start Wednesday, including questions[???] about how the Republican FOX Ministry of Propaganda (wanna be MSM media) invented coverage of the event.
Fox is dedicating a good ten minutes or longer per day per daytime comment on the Benghazi CIA operation.

Scooter Libbey got prison time (commuted) and was disbarred for outing an agent__in the case of Benghazi we find American elected and news persons outing an entire CIA operation that was likely illegal from the get go, whenever the fk that was.

BushCo began normalizing diplomatic relations with Libya in 2004-2005 how long after that the CIA moved in is anyone's guess. And hearings or no we'll never learn what really happened or why.

FOX believes that it's viewers are nitwits.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#897155 May 3, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
This poor old man comes to topix to except use his latent homosexuality.
Lives too far from an airport to get a taste.
Wow!!! One of you libturds want to translate this?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#897156 May 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth will come out many years from now. Probably after most of us here are dead and gone. Hopefully, maybe not.
The thing about a president's legacy, it usually doesn't catch up with them and stick until enough time has passed.
However, my prediction is that GW Bush's legacy will far outshine that of Barack Obama's 20 years from now. It almost does already.
Like Carter, Obama can run from his future legacy, but he can't hide. The now hidden truths will eventually see the light of day.
George Bush's legacy
The frat boy ships out
Few people will mourn the departure of the 43rd president

HE LEAVES the White House as one of the least popular and most divisive presidents in American history. At home, his approval rating has been stuck in the 20s for months; abroad, George Bush has presided over the most catastrophic collapse in America's reputation since the second world war. The American economy is in deep recession, brought on by a crisis that forced Mr Bush to preside over huge and unpopular bail-outs.

America is embroiled in two wars, one of which Mr Bush launched against the tide of world opinion. The Bush family name, once among the most illustrious in American political life, is now so tainted that Jeb, George's younger brother, recently decided not to run for the Senate from Florida. A Bush relative describes family gatherings as “funeral wakes”.

http://www.economist.com/node/12931660

run George, run!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#897159 May 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Fox is dedicating a good ten minutes or longer per day per daytime comment on the Benghazi CIA operation.
Scooter Libbey got prison time (commuted) and was disbarred for outing an agent__in the case of Benghazi we find American elected and news persons outing an entire CIA operation that was likely illegal from the get go, whenever the fk that was.
BushCo began normalizing diplomatic relations with Libya in 2004-2005 how long after that the CIA moved in is anyone's guess. And hearings or no we'll never learn what really happened or why.
FOX believes that it's viewers are nitwits.
Fake study says Fox News viewers have low IQs

A study that claimed Fox News viewers were significantly less intelligent than average Americans is a hoax, Michael Giltz writes. The “study” was ordered up by a group of conservatives who hope to move the Republican party in a more moderate direction, lead hoaxer “P. Nichols” told Giltz.

Making people embarrassed to say they watched FOX News (or better yet not watch FOX News at all) might help that goal. So the 5000 people who took part in the study were chosen by Nichols and non-scientists, essentially selected to guarantee the results they were looking for.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...

FOXbot irony.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897160 May 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hilarious!

http://beachbumsrealty.com/2012/04/dog-video-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#897162 May 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! One of you libturds want to translate this?
he thinks you live in a very big closet.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#897163 May 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush's legacy
The frat boy ships out
Few people will mourn the departure of the 43rd president
HE LEAVES the White House as one of the least popular and most divisive presidents in American history. At home, his approval rating has been stuck in the 20s for months; abroad, George Bush has presided over the most catastrophic collapse in America's reputation since the second world war. The American economy is in deep recession, brought on by a crisis that forced Mr Bush to preside over huge and unpopular bail-outs.
America is embroiled in two wars, one of which Mr Bush launched against the tide of world opinion. The Bush family name, once among the most illustrious in American political life, is now so tainted that Jeb, George's younger brother, recently decided not to run for the Senate from Florida. A Bush relative describes family gatherings as “funeral wakes”.
http://www.economist.com/node/12931660
run George, run!
Quit living in the past. What's his popularity today?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#897165 May 3, 2013
rev wright wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad only dumb carols will use Carter and Obama in the same sentence.
Jimmy Carter, a true statesman and huminatarian, warmly welcomed around the world.
George Bush: war criminal with warrants out for his arrest has to hide in Texas for life.
Wait until President Obama's second term is up! He'll make millions on the speaking circuit, like Bill Clinton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Frijoles 71,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 49,220
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Uzi 68,883
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 181,833
New Beach Boys song. 13 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 13 hr _Zoey_ 363
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH