Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
823,641 - 823,660 of 1,083,413 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The parents must be morons for buying a five year old a gun.
It has been reported, like you, that they voted for Obama in the last 2 elections.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
PDupont, even as a liberal Christian, surely you don't believe Jesus would approve of Roe v Wade, redefining the traditional definition of marriage, personal attacks and character assasinations and the deliberate effort to remove any reference to God from the public arena, all of which liberal secularists embrace?
Liberal Christians are no different than conservative Christians. We share the same beliefs and faith. There is a fringe on both sides who are more zealous and outspoken. But only conservative Christians are attacked because they stand against all those things the liberal secularists embrace. As a liberal Christian, why would you believe otherwise?
You, yourself, are not able to post an opinion on here without calling anyone who disagrees with you a not very Christian-like name.
There's nothing wrong with criticizing those in power who shouldn't be in power - who misrepresent the best interests of the country and place their own interests above the nation's, whose quest is power at all costs and whose ideology, in reality, is nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing.
If liberals really cared about the impoverished and minorities, they would have already set an example in their own back yards.
Christians have a voice. It's how we use it and if we are standing behind the truth in speaking out.
Just thought you might want to think about that...preferably before calling me a name.
Liberals like PDUPONDT are fake hypocrite Christians. I used to go to a church where they were all Democrats and could not believe what I was hearing. That was enough to turn me off from going to church.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The parents must be morons for buying a five year old a gun.
my kids had air guns at that age and moved up as they got older . I don't agree that they were idiots for buying the gun but dam fools for not controling the gun.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did the FBI find the bombers laptop?
I haven't heard. Been busy.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Another tough day for republicans as they try to appeal to the minorities that their base hates LOL
That's just the lie you've been fed enough times so you now believe it.

Why is Chicago and Detroit two of the worst cities for minorites to live? They have been run by democrats since time and memorial?

Republicans want as many opportunities as possible for everyone without government intrusion.

Obama managed to convince the majority that dependency is much better as long as someone else is paying for it.

Is that what you believe? Because Obama certainly does and most democrats do as well.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Totally agree.
Cumberland county KY is way past WBFE__someone interviewed the uncle and his dialect is barely discernible.

It was a little kids rifle lily__a starter model but still 5 yrs seems a tad young imo.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals like PDUPONDT are fake hypocrite Christians. I used to go to a church where they were all Democrats and could not believe what I was hearing. That was enough to turn me off from going to church.
What's actually ironic is many liberals think it's conservative churches preaching hatred and bias from the pulpit.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Just look at Rev. Wright. He preached white people were to blame for all of the ills in the black community even in the present day and time, justifying a deep and profound hatred for America - nothing about forgiveness and relying on God's amazing grace.

He was Obama's spiritual mentor.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Navy unveils drone killing laser (LaWS) the 5th Fleet's USS Ponce will be fitted with the first one sometime this year.
There are already two ships here with the lasers. They are bad to the bone. They are housed in clam domes that protect them from the weather till needed. Bullets soon to be a thing of the past!

Several police departments testing phasers.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Check this out: http://www.nationalmemo.com/obama-needs-to-ho... — "If a president finds himself in the role of a political scientist, he has a problem — even when his political science lesson is 100 percent accurate.

When President Obama was asked by Jonathan Karl of ABC News at his Tuesday news conference whether he still had “the juice” to get his agenda through Congress, I wish he had replied,“Lighten up. This is the country where hope lives.”

He could have used the flow of the news to make this case. For example, many of the senators who sided with the gun lobby against the vast majority of Americans who favor background checks — particularly Kelly Ayotte, Jeff Flake and Rob Portman — are taking enormous grief from their constituents.

This shows that one defeat on one vote is not a permanent setback when the tally in question reflects an old reality (that only hardcore gun owners care about the issue) and ignores a new reality (that supporters of gun sanity are finally mobilized, and angry). On guns, the times are changing.

They are changing on other issues, too. Obama’s warm praise for the decision of the NBA’s Jason Collins to come out as gay was uncontroversial. If you think back just a decade or two, this is astonishing. And if immigration reform is no slam-dunk, the politics have shifted sharply toward action.

Add to this a New York Times/CBS News poll released Wednesday showing that while 46 percent of Americans believe the sequester cuts will hurt the economy, only 1 in 10 thinks they will help it. The austerity Republicans champion has few takers."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

$240 million awarded in 'landmark' Atalissa workers case

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-court...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cumberland county KY is way past WBFE__someone interviewed the uncle and his dialect is barely discernible.
It was a little kids rifle lily__a starter model but still 5 yrs seems a tad young imo.
Unreal.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's actually ironic is many liberals think it's conservative churches preaching hatred and bias from the pulpit.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Just look at Rev. Wright. He preached white people were to blame for all of the ills in the black community even in the present day and time, justifying a deep and profound hatred for America - nothing about forgiveness and relying on God's amazing grace.
He was Obama's spiritual mentor.
Oh please
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Unreal.
... that anyone would re-elect Obama to an additional term of incompetence
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh please
...too late, Obama's already into his second term
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
You call Lily a moron for buying into the story AND you provide a link to prove her correct.
Your stupidity never ceases to amaze us!
LOL!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> my kids had air guns at that age and moved up as they got older . I don't agree that they were idiots for buying the gun but dam fools for not controling the gun.
Got my first .410 on my 6th birthday. But had already been taught that every gun was considered loaded even if you just unloaded it. Never point it at anything you don't plan on shooting and never put your finger on the trigger till you are ready to pull it.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL!
Lots Of Liquor

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

'Superlattice' unleashes oxygen to improve fuel-cell efficency
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us what you were hearing, what church and what did they say that turned you off from going to church.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Pope Compares Bangladesh Factory Workers To 'Slave Labor'

Pope Francis has equated the wages paid to Bangladeshi workers who died in last week's building collapse to "slave labor."

More than 400 people were killed in the April 24 collapse of the Rana Plaza building outside Dhaka; the building housed several garment factories that made products for Western brands.

News reports say that workers at the factories housed in the building were paid about 38 euros a month (about $50).

"This was the payment of these people who have died," the pope said, according to Vatican Radio. "And this is called 'slave labor!' "

Francis' comments came at a Mass Wednesday to mark the feast of St. Joseph the Worker.

"Not paying a just [wage], not providing work, focusing exclusively on the balance books, on financial statements, only looking at making personal profit. That goes against God!" the pope added, according to Vatican Radio

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/0...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min SpaceBlues 45,879
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,090
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Terry rigsby 48,991
Amy 7-30 23 min Toj 18
Abby 7-30 34 min Kuuipo 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 50 min ohoh 3,844
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Concerned_American 304
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Stina2 97,575
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE