Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896668 May 2, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea Jim Bob, hell of a comeback! If your assumption of my work history is true, what would that make you? By your admission, hypothetically speaking, "you go to work to pay my
bills." See how stupid your comment sounds. You just call yourself a slave & didn't even know it! Picture that. This coming from a man who thought Americas are strikes on Iraq under Clinton was the start of the Iraq war, even though they were nearly 4yrs apart. Your teacher taught you grammar but, life failed you on common sense! A Lily, they found the computer if you haven't heard yet.
Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. Maybe one of your fellow lowlifes can understand what you just types.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896669 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
The Labor Participation Rate bounced between 66.4 and 65.8 from Jan. 2003 till Jan. 2009 when it dropped to 65.7. From Jan. 2009 till present it has never gone back up above 66 but instead continues a steady decline.
bls.gov
Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
More of the Bush legacy. It's going to take some years to recover. We'll get their if you and people like you will stop buying all that Chinese crap from Walmart.

You know I was buying some paint at Sherwin Williams the other day and I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of stuff on their shelves stamped Made in the U.S.A.

Seems I am not the only one to notice this -

I was in my local Sherwin-Williams store waiting for 11 paint samples to be made for a client today, when I spotted lots of little Made in the USA labels and logos. First off were the Purdy paint brushes, and Sherwin-Williams own store brand brushes were also labeled Made in USA. Goo Gone and HANDy Paint Accessories were also labeled Made in USA. But the most interesting find was some sort paint sprayer tool that had a very prominent Made in USA label of global components on the back of the tool. How cool would that be to be a professional painter and see the top part with the large Made in USA label on it everyday, but then again not so much about the part “with global components” on it.

Sherwin-Williams’ paint is also Made in the USA. I attended the their Color-Mix 2012 this year, the event previews their forecasted hot colors for next year. Included were lots of earthy reds, sea blues, greens inspired nature and updated khakis. When the presentation came to the blue section, the speaker brought up that bodies of water (seas, oceans, etc.) and denims were the inspiration for some of the colors picked for the forecasted colors for 2012. She mentioned the American worker and jeans as part of that inspiration. I thought to myself how ironic it is to be showing photos of denim jean clad American workers, when most jeans are no longer Made in America. It did make me sad thinking of the iconic Levi’s brand no longer Made in the USA.

Anyway………back at the store today, my wait for the paint samples went by very quickly. I happily perused all the merchandise with the little American flags on them as I waited.

Happy Painting Everyone!

http://madeinamericasarah.com/brushing-up-on-...

Oh, and Fck you Walmart!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896670 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
The Labor Participation Rate bounced between 66.4 and 65.8 from Jan. 2003 till Jan. 2009 when it dropped to 65.7. From Jan. 2009 till present it has never gone back up above 66 but instead continues a steady decline.
bls.gov
Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
Yes, they are. The common sense gene runs from then as soon as they are hatched.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#896671 May 2, 2013
Poll: Liberal rich are the ones who support Obama not the Liberal poor!

The rich that had not get the money working are the Liberal rich!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#896672 May 2, 2013
Liberals had being trained to hate Republicans.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896673 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Some towns try and fight Walmart coming in and destroying their local businesses but with their army of lawyers they don't stand a chance. Or they agree to concessions such as building on the outskirts or upgrading the roads/traffic lights and other improvements and then after the town approves them coming in again they show up with their army of lawyers to get out of upgrading the roads/traffic lights and other improvements which they had agreed upon.
Walmart is scum and only complete aholes and fools shop there.
That is a flat out liberal lie!!! Every Walmart built around here has improved the existing roads and even built roads and parking lots not only for them but for all the other stores and restaurants.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#896674 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
The Labor Participation Rate bounced between 66.4 and 65.8 from Jan. 2003 till Jan. 2009 when it dropped to 65.7. From Jan. 2009 till present it has never gone back up above 66 but instead continues a steady decline.
bls.gov
Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
Baby boomers Flacko!

The glut of retiring baby boomers hitting the economy and the "statistics" has been known for decades.

These folks are retiring (and going on the gubmint teat) at a rate of 10,000 per day.

Scary eh?

In spite of that "fact" the economy continues to improve under the expert guidance of DaBammy.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896675 May 2, 2013
Get a load of this Obama voter!

Baawwaaahhh!!!!

Henry Gribbohm Loses Life Savings At Carnival Game, Wins Stuffed Banana With Dreadlocks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/henr...

It must be lily's brother!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#896676 May 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please
Why people hate Obama...according to Rev. Wright:

"Obama doesn't fit the mold. He ain't white, he ain't rich, he ain't priveleged."



Obama is half white and raised by a white mother and white grandparents when his black father abandoned him.

Obama is considerably wealthy from his books and his short stents as both a lawyer and a senator.

Obama has led a more priveleged life than most whites.

As a matter of fact, Rev. Wright is considerably wealthy himself.

What say you?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896677 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The statistics prove that not to be true around here. For every WalMart built you get at least 50 other stores and restaurants. Around here when they build a new one you get a Sally's, Wendy's, Jiffy lube, three or four small strip malls full of stores and food joints, Applebee's, Dollar Tree, etc. They create hundreds of jobs over and above their own hires.
Sheesh, that sounds like hell on earth. This is the kind of place do you live in? Yikes!
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#896678 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>He has no point, he's a jackass.
Then why did you re-elect him to the presidency in 2012?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#896679 May 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is a sad story, I can't stop thinking about it. Iowa, the state with a church on every corner. Did they think they were doing these men a favor? God bless the whistleblowers. I don't know how that owner can live with himself.
I often think the same thing about southern democrats who kept blacks enslaved for all those years and fought to prevent them from having civil rights all the way up until the 1960s.

You feel sad about that too?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896680 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That is a flat out liberal lie!!! Every Walmart built around here has improved the existing roads and even built roads and parking lots not only for them but for all the other stores and restaurants.
Take you're fcking blinders off just once. Walmart is a bloodsucking leech.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896681 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>More of the Bush legacy. It's going to take some years to recover. We'll get their if you and people like you will stop buying all that Chinese crap from Walmart.
You know I was buying some paint at Sherwin Williams the other day and I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of stuff on their shelves stamped Made in the U.S.A.
Seems I am not the only one to notice this -
I was in my local Sherwin-Williams store waiting for 11 paint samples to be made for a client today, when I spotted lots of little Made in the USA labels and logos. First off were the Purdy paint brushes, and Sherwin-Williams own store brand brushes were also labeled Made in USA. Goo Gone and HANDy Paint Accessories were also labeled Made in USA. But the most interesting find was some sort paint sprayer tool that had a very prominent Made in USA label of global components on the back of the tool. How cool would that be to be a professional painter and see the top part with the large Made in USA label on it everyday, but then again not so much about the part “with global components” on it.
Sherwin-Williams’ paint is also Made in the USA. I attended the their Color-Mix 2012 this year, the event previews their forecasted hot colors for next year. Included were lots of earthy reds, sea blues, greens inspired nature and updated khakis. When the presentation came to the blue section, the speaker brought up that bodies of water (seas, oceans, etc.) and denims were the inspiration for some of the colors picked for the forecasted colors for 2012. She mentioned the American worker and jeans as part of that inspiration. I thought to myself how ironic it is to be showing photos of denim jean clad American workers, when most jeans are no longer Made in America. It did make me sad thinking of the iconic Levi’s brand no longer Made in the USA.
Anyway………back at the store today, my wait for the paint samples went by very quickly. I happily perused all the merchandise with the little American flags on them as I waited.
Happy Painting Everyone!
http://madeinamericasarah.com/brushing-up-on-...
Oh, and Fck you Walmart!
That's funny because we have a big Sherwin-Williams warehouse here that they unload ships into. Don't know where the stuff comes from. I've seen the stickers in the stores. Maybe the stickers are made in the USA.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#896682 May 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure people like Flack have no problem with this, I'm sure most rightwingers consider this good old American entrepreneurship and the government should stay out of is.
Yep, I got mine fk you.

In court Mr Henry referred to the workers as the boys even though they were in their 40's, 50's and even 60's.

Hey__they were cheaper that illegals from Mexico__what's not to love?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896683 May 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Baby boomers Flacko!
The glut of retiring baby boomers hitting the economy and the "statistics" has been known for decades.
These folks are retiring (and going on the gubmint teat) at a rate of 10,000 per day.
Scary eh?
In spite of that "fact" the economy continues to improve under the expert guidance of DaBammy.
Bet you still believe in Santa Clause too. The recovery, if any (which I doubt), is in spite of Obama. Not because of him.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896684 May 2, 2013
Off to KFC.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896685 May 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That is a flat out liberal lie!!! Every Walmart built around here has improved the existing roads and even built roads and parking lots not only for them but for all the other stores and restaurants.
From Vermont to Florida, South Carolina to California, Idaho to Iowa, 86 communities across America have stopped big box retailers – Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and the like – from locating in their towns.
But why ever would anyone want to do that? In his autobiography, Wal-Mart CEO Sam Walton says that Wal-Mart would never go to a town that didn't want it. He says there are plenty of places just pining for the low-priced mountains of stuff that Wal-Mart offers. Who could object to getting in a small town the one-stop convenience and deep discounts city folks get to enjoy?
In Gig Harbor, Washington, the answer is: the 14,000 people who signed an anti-Wal-Mart petition, that's who. If you ask small town folks like those in Gig Harbor (which the big box guys never seem to do), lots of them don't think an enormous concrete cube surrounded by acres of asphalt is much of an aesthetic addition.
But, you say, that's a small price to pay. You only suffer the aesthetic affront as you drive in and out of town. True enough, except, once Wal-Mart has been in town for a few years, you'll suffer the aesthetic affront of driving through a downtown that's filled with empty buildings where the pharmacy, dry-goods, variety, and hardware stores that it drove out of business used to be. Because Wal-Mart, according to the late Mr. Walton, comes to town to compete. Walton talks about Wal-Mart's policy of saturating regions, and in areas where it's achieved saturation, it's now taking the next step – opening regional “Superstores,” which offer groceries, auto repair, and other services, and closing their smaller stores in surrounding towns.
So, once Wal-Mart has changed you to a one-store town, you may get lucky and become the location of the new Superstore for your area. Or you may be like a growing number of little towns, which, after loyally pumping their retail dollars into Wal-Mart, discover that the town 30 miles down the road got the Superstore, and they get an empty big box on the edge of town to go with all the empty stores where downtown used to be. According to Sprawl-Busters, an anti-big-box organization run by Al Norman, there are now nearly 200 dead Wal-Mart discount stores. But, hey, Wal-Mart makes your retail dollar go further, and Wal-Mart brings jobs to town. Or does it?

All those jobs Wal-Mart creates? For one thing, most of them aren't anyone's idea of prosperity. And they aren't new jobs. Wal-Mart doesn't bring anything to a community that wasn't already there; it takes its business from the existing retailers. There may be a moment when there are more jobs in town, but that lasts only until the small stores begin to close. Since Wal-Mart is replacing full-service stores with its self-service model, the net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/cities-of-e...
You are a fool Flack.
'the net result to a community is a loss of jobs, about 1.5 for every Wal-Mart employee, according to Sprawl-Busters.'
'the next step – opening regional “Superstores,” which offer groceries, auto repair, and other services, and closing their smaller stores in surrounding towns.'
Pretty soon you can say goodbye to that Dollar Store and your food supermarket, hell probably the Wendy's and Applebee's too!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#896686 May 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please
I did watch that part of the sermon in question in its entirety. Even though Rev. Wright's "GD America" sermon was taken out of context to a certain degree and America has definitey made some very aggregious mistakes in the past, no one can be blamed but the leadership during those times.

It was a Democrat president responsible for the Trail of Tears and the horrific treatment of the Indians.

It was a Democrat president who ordered the A-bombs be dropped in Japan and the same Democrat who ordered the fire bombs be dropped on Germany innocents.

Democrats in the south kept slavery an institution for over 100 years and it was the same Democrats who did everything within their power to deny them their civil rights close to another 100 years.

It was a Democrat president who escalated our presence in Vietnam an another Democrat president who escalated the war.

So while Rev. Wright is busy blaming all of America for all the ills of the world and having brought 9/11 on ourselves, he should try and remember which party he belongs to and which party the above president's belonged to as well.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#896687 May 2, 2013
That will be Santa Claus before some libtard has a melt down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min positronium 49,221
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,838
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 71,045
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,884
2 cops executed in new york 2 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 2 hr The Patriot 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:56 am PST

Bleacher Report11:56AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH
CBS Sports 4:09 AM
Jay Cutler expected back with Bears in 2015, with new coaching staff
CBS Sports 6:33 AM
Jay Gruden on Robert Griffin III: 'I think [he] did a great job'