Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,171)

Showing posts 823,401 - 823,420 of1,033,779
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bill

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

It must be an interesting life living on TOPICS.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who your father is? As I thought, now go kill yourself loser.
what's YOUR favorite adjective? wasn't it HATEFUL VILE BEAST? pot meet ugly kettle.

and keep your damn neices out of Central Park. If Obama had daughters, they'd look like this pack:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tween-ter...

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
In defense of right wing idiots, they aren't capable of analytical thought. They have been conditioned to "follow". Everything in their head goes haywire if they have to confront something "different". Change is the enemy. They fear progress.
We accept idiots like you and all kind of deviant behavior. But we do not want to PAY/FINANCE/SUBSIDIZE/FUND/ that behavior!

But Liberals ca not understand that!

That is too much complex for their black and white minds.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the new emaam.
Mornin, lily.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you buy an insurance policy and the amount you pay in is more than the benefits received, you are paying for someone else's care.
But you idiots aren't talking about that aspect. You idiots think that the BC is free when it is a benefit from a PURCHASED insurance policy.
The idea you don't get it proves what an uninformed, uneducated lowlife POS you really are.
Hmmm Dumb Dave. Lily/dem finally showed up over an hour after you/waxywaxturd did.

Boo!

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
I call myself a liberal because:
I believe in science
I believe corporations are businesses, not people
I believe in equal rights, regardless of sexual orientation
I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout
I believe in climate change, not that God has decided to use weather to “punish sin”
I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it
I believe women deserve the same rights as men
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose
I believe immigration is what has made this country great, not what will bring it down
I believe freedom for all means freedom for all
I believe we have the right to own guns, but our Second Amendment says “well regulated” for a reason
I believe in a living wage
I believe you don’t create wealth by giving rich people more money
I believe welfare helps the poor, it doesn’t punish the rich
I would agree with all those things.

It is sad the rabid right chooses not to.

Hey you Republicans out there. This is why you lost the last election.

Its funny that the right whiners do not believe in a single item.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

His proposed legislation to strengthen background checks on gun buyers may have fallen short in the Senate last week, but Sen. Pat Toomey's (R-PA) efforts were appreciated by his Pennsylvania constituents, according to a poll from Quinnipiac University released Friday.

The poll showed that 48 percent of Keystone State voters approve of the job Toomey is doing while 30 percent said they disapprove — amounting to his highest approval rating in Quinnipiac's polling. In Quinnipiac's poll last month, Toomey had an approval rating of 43 percent compared with 32 percent who disapproved.

Moreover, Quinnipiac's latest poll showed big support for strengthening background checks among Pennsylvania voters. Sixty-nine percent said they "strongly support" Toomey's measure, while another 16 percent said they "somewhat support" the proposal. A mere 12 percent said they were either "somewhat opposed" or "strongly opposed." Sixty-eight percent of Pennsylvania voters said they reject the notion that Toomey's proposal would unfairly target gun owners.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
I believe in science
I believe in climate change, not that God has decided to use weather to “punish sin”
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose
I believe immigration is what has made this country great, not what will bring it down
I believe we have the right to own guns, but our Second Amendment says “well regulated” for a reason
Do you know how silly you sound?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.

President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".

Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.

Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.

But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."

God bless George W. Bush.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually stupid, the legislation didn't come from the White house but was introduced in the House by Rep. Steve Womack (R- AR) on February 14, 2013 as HR 684 and in the Senate the same day as S336 by Sen. Michael Enzi (R-WY). Got that nitwit? It was introduced by Republicans!
It has the support of several large businesses like Wal-Mart, Barnes and Noble, Target, Best Buy, Gap and others who in addition to having actual physical stores also have extensive internet sales. Amazon which markets exclusively over the internet also supports the bill.
You're an idiot!
WRONG! According to Library of Congress it was introduced in January 2009 by Marion Berry (D)of Arkansas.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z... :
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the new emaam.
Good morn' Lily
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
I believe in science
It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how silly you sound?
47% bwahahahahahahahah
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Carol is dumb
alas Carol is still here
defended the wrong cause
but still here
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Am I the only one who sees the irrelevance in the constitution in todays? The idea that a bunch of white men from over 200yrs ago wrote instructions, rules, laws, & guidelines intended for modern society to live/abide by is just stupid! The 2nd amendment is indirect because, there's no way possible they could've seen the weaponry of today. We're talking about men riding horses & shooting muskets. A twelve yr old can read the bible also, doesn't mean he has the brain capacity to asses the time/age it was written, how people were livIng over 2000yrs ago. This is why the document needs to destroyed & written over to coincide with todays time. It's only purpose is for special interest groups to twist the wording to fit their agenda, & you gun nuts are nothing more than a special interest group
How racist of you. Are you Dave? Nitwit, good concepts are good concepts such as liberty and self direction no matter how old they are. The right to feel secure in our person and home is something all should have. The government cannot provide this.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! According to Library of Congress it was introduced in January 2009 by Marion Berry (D)of Arkansas.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z... :
Led by Sen. Mike Enzi, Republicans Will Vote to Raise Taxes & Tax iTunes Downloads

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/20/led-by-sen...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Carol is dumb
LOL! What a dumb comment to post. Hard night of swigging the brew has left you without any wit or brains, lily?

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.
President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".
Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.
Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.
But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."
God bless George W. Bush.
I am of the opinion of Bush as a failure of a president and I believe that history will judge him so, but after hearing his speech yesterday he has earn a bit of sympathy from me for basically making a mess of the nation.

Perhaps history will judge him as a well intention man that lacked the judgement to make good choices. Better to be see as an idiot with a heart than a evil mastermind.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
47% bwahahahahahahahah
Wow, I see some here still think at the Junior High level.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes, George W. Bush Was a Terrible President, and No, He Wasn’t Smart

When Bush first appeared on the political scene, and especially during the apparently successful first couple of years of his presidency, his defenders swatted away questions about his mental acuity by pointing to his success. If he’s so dumb, how has he achieved so much? Well, he didn’t. He oversaw a disastrous administration for precisely the reason his critics always grasped: Bush was an intellectual simpleton, a man who made up his mind in absence of the facts, who swatted away inconvenient realities as annoyances.

So the main question hanging over Bush is his record itself. The most useful defense of the Bush record is probably Jennifer Rubin’s — useful because it is so slavish and so crude it inadvertently exposes all the catastrophic weaknesses in the Bush record that more clever defenders have usually learned to tiptoe around.

Rubin begins by citing rising approval ratings for Bush in his absence from office from which she infers,“Bush, like so many other presidents, can be judged best with the passage of time.” Actually, a basic rule of public opinion is that removing oneself from partisan controversy is a nearly foolproof way to enjoy high approval ratings. That’s why first ladies (at least when they stay out of politics) enjoy high approval ratings. It’s why Jimmy Carter has seen his approval rating soar up into the mid-60s. Unless Rubin wants to defend the proposition that Carter, too, is properly viewed more accurately with the passage of time.

Rubin praises Bush for enacting the “fiscally sober” Medicare prescription drug benefit, unlike the “exorbitant program like Obamacare.” She seems genuinely unaware that Bush financed his benefit entirely through deficit spending, while Obama had to pay for Obamacare by finding spending cuts and higher taxes. She praises Bush’s program as “popular” and Obama’s as “unpopular,” which is true, largely because Obama had to do the unpopular thing of paying for the benefits he created while Bush did not.

The core of Rubin’s defense is that Bush was terrific if you exempt him from any blame for the disasters that occurred during his presidency, and credit him entirely for the non-disaster periods. This sentence is a particular masterpiece:“Unlike Obama’s tenure, there was no successful attack on the homeland after 9/11.” In fact, it is not true — there were small terrorist attacks on the United States, both abroad and at home, after 9/11. But exempting the most disastrous attack on the United States from Bush’s record of avoiding terrorism is a feat of propaganda that, while common, continues to boggle the mind. Emperor Honorius Kept Rome Safe, except that one time it was sacked by the Visigoths.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/04/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 823,401 - 823,420 of1,033,779
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 7 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 15 min RACE 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,994
World War O 43 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance