Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
823,121 - 823,140 of 1,079,022 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush actually got the economy up and running again after 9/11 within a year and a half.
The left tends to convienently lose track of the timeline and those involved leading up to the housing market collapse too.
Obama inherited a Democrat as much, if not more, as a Republican mess. Democrats had complete control of Congress two years prior to the collapse and for two years afterwards.
The difference in the 2 parties is nothing the dems do is an accident, their policies are willfully harmful and they don't care. In short they are dangerous and destructive.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

lily uses US IP wrote:
<quoted text>
6:47
lily being natsy to Poster #3
Wow, you're really pathetic. Where's your friend who called everyone the c word all day? Oh it was probably you.
Go buy a binky and suck it
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
What could go wrong? Obama asks banks to offer risky loans
PoliticsWhat could go wrong? Obama asks banks to offer risky loans
By: David Harsanyi
4/3/2013 10:45 AM
RESIZE:
AAA
Print89According to the Washington Post, the Obama administration is pushing big banks to make more home loans available to Americans with bad credit – the same kind of government guidance that helped blow up the housing market:
In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.
Housing officials are urging the Justice Department to provide assurances to banks, which have become increasingly cautious, that they will not face legal or financial recriminations if they make loans to riskier borrowers who meet government standards but later default.
Think about this statement. The administration is asking banks – banks that Washington bails out; banks that Washington crafts regulations for — to embrace risky policies that put the institution and its investors (not to mention, all of us) in a precarious position. So precarious, in fact, that banks have to ask government if they can be freed of any legal or financial consequences.
Not that they have much choice. Since the housing crash, Washington, as the Post points out,“has shaped most of the housing market, insuring between 80 percent and 90 percent of all new loans.”
And I have no doubt that demanding banks make more loans available to folks with bad credit is a political winner. But how can anyone still believe it’s good policy? Since the 90s, government has prodding banks into expanding home ownership despite every law of judicious banking and common sense. The American Enterprise Institute’s Peter Wallison has argued for years that government was the main culprit of the housing collapse...
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/04/03/the-oba...
demorats are sooooooooo stupid
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard it in Rush Limbaugh.
Wow, a right whiner that admits to being a dittohead. All the other dittoheads that post here always deny listening to Rush.
I listen daily, he has the scoop and he's entertaining, ripping the dems/progressives/nazis/phonie s to shreds and exposing their dishonesty, lies and crimes.

You should check him out, then you wouldn't sound so ignorant about everything.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner?????????? That was to enforce the current law. Not expand anything. No where were banks forced to make loans to people that could not prove they could pay it back.
No where.
Your reading comprehension needs work. read it again. I'll help you with the big words. Read this too:

San José State University
Department of Economics

The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis

"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them. "

If you can't understand this you're either pretty dense or more likely just in demo denial.

Dems own the mortgage crisis 100%.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen daily, he has the scoop and he's entertaining, ripping the dems/progressives/nazis/phonie s to shreds and exposing their dishonesty, lies and crimes.
You should check him out, then you wouldn't sound so ignorant about everything.
Quel surpris! Another ditto head
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy Davey doesn't bother to Bing this and fails to know these videos are all over the internet. The contents are as the original poster states.
So Davey thinks a childish ad hominem attack will make them go away.
Doorknob Dave excels at attacking the messenger, not the message.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
God Dammit Carol, quit your f*cking lying
The recession stated in the 4th quarter of 2007. Not two years after Democrats tok control of Congress.( there were never more that 50 Democrats in the Senate.)
Show me the legislation the Democrats passed that created this recession in 9 months???
The Housing market started to decline in 2006.
This was over 6 years of a Bush Administration with every department of the federal government run by Republicans.
This mess was primarily a Republican generated mess.
My God, Bush started with a balanced budget on a path to surpluses.
What about 9/11 ? Oh ya, in Doorknob land it never happened.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lots of posts removed, garbage gone

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference in the 2 parties is nothing the dems do is an accident, their policies are willfully harmful and they don't care. In short they are dangerous and destructive.
It's becoming more about party loyalty and preserving the party and, thus, power than the best interests of the country and seems to have gotten much worse under this president.

It's almost like they have a grudge against this country and have to prove something even if it means going in the wrong direction. There's no other way to explain it.

I do believe far too many liberals are simply brainwashed and can no longer compute or grasp common sense anymore. They're much too willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces. Probably where that saying came from.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

lily uses US IP wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Grapes of Wrath did a great job depicting it.
Read the book years and years ago. But the reality of how truly and unbelievably horrible it really was watching that documentary was nothing like I had imagined reading a book or from any other account.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're really pathetic. Where's your friend who called everyone the c word all day? Oh it was probably you.
Aw, lily was nasty all day and Nuk pretended not to notice. Typical.
You repeatedly accuse others of being someone they are not and want to act like victim when the tables are turned? You need to wise up. I am glad I am not a thin skin whiner like you and waste all my time here venting my frustrations.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
CBS News has learned that multiple new whistleblowers are privately speaking to investigators with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee regarding the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57580105/...
They obtained a lawyer because of being threatened by WH officials with job security, etc., if they talked.
At the press conference, Obama said he didn't know anything about it.
Of course not. He knows nothing about Benghazi either.
Like I said, never before has any president known so little about so much.
But why shouldn't he play dumb? His adoring media groupies will do everything in their power to make it all go away.
Benghazi is beginning to unravel. You cannot stuff a sock into a dyke and hope it will hold forever. Obama was indifferent and Hilary knew about the requests.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

lily uses US IP wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Ken Burns. Unfortunately I do not have control over the remote. Hopefully they will post it on line.
Prison sucks
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You repeatedly accuse others of being someone they are not and want to act like victim when the tables are turned? You need to wise up. I am glad I am not a thin skin whiner like you and waste all my time here venting my frustrations.
Lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

REAL WOMEN DON'T NEED 'FEMINISM'
Agenda to 'make them believe they're victims of oppressive patriarchal society'
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/real-women-dont-ne...

They can have their NOW and those types organizations ...
BUT ...
I feel woman ENOUGH ...
'cowardly' women, like sandra fluke goes around trying to "screw UP" the way less intelligent women think!

I am a Woman.
[NOT a victim!]
and made IT in this man's world!
WE were "better OFF" living that type of lifestyle.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the book years and years ago. But the reality of how truly and unbelievably horrible it really was watching that documentary was nothing like I had imagined reading a book or from any other account.
I saw a show similar where they had to run inside and cover all the windows to avoid suffocating. Grapes of Wrath did not go deep into that but it showed the suffering of this poor folks trying to flee. Poor agriculture practices added to the problem.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
PS I am a female so you can forget your poor me -a guy is picking on me card. The guys pick on Carol all the time.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It has been reported that it is you who is really pathetic, a binky sucker, as well as an assumed mother with the filthiest mouth on the forum and one with the friends who call everyone the c word and every other vulgar word every day, all day.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lots of posts removed, garbage gone
It has been reported that you are actually still here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 30 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 33 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 37 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 4 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••