Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
822,501 - 822,520 of 1,096,183 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
The Dude Abides

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get lost in too much gray area.
It's more acclimating when distinct lines are drawn somewhere.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, etc., etc., etc.
Well, old woman, that's true if you limit your thinking to anything as long as it comes from Poor Richard's Almanac. But if you're even an ordinarily sentient human being you might be inclined to temper life and death decisions with a modicum of common sense. In the same way you're not compelled to buy a bridge merely because someone tells you there's one available cheaply in Brooklyn, neither are you compelled to strike back blindly at an injury just because you can. Acting without thinking is not a sign of a disciplined mind, it's a sign of a fool. And that brings us back to you. You're a true believer in whatever you're told. I know, sure as shootin', that if I was your pastor or your husband, God forbid, I could tell you to piss up a rope and you'd be at the Home Depot within the hour buying hanks of sash cord. It's just who you are.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> And Bush Sr was President when Al Qaeda fred & Reagan trained, funded & arms Al Qaeda's leader.
There's really nothing more to say.
But when the threat was analyzed & a plan written, only George W Bush threw it in the trash.
Let a thought through that tinfoil hat duhmmy...think...2013...2013.. .Bush is no longer prezidink (and has not been for some time). At least TRY living in the current Duh a Vey..
The Dude Abides

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I love when the left bitches when our all volunteer military gets sent somewhere.
Huh? Ohhhhh.. you mean, "I love when the left bitches when our all volunteer military gets sent somewhere, and then loses." Every single time.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with Al Qaeda?
971. An outbreak of Plague in Aralsk is attributed to Soviet testing at Vozrozhdeniye island in Kazakhstan.

1971. Iraq begins chemical warfare research at Rashad to the north east of Baghdad. Research is conducted on a number of chemical agents including Mustard gas, CS (tear gas) and Tabun. Iraq starts biological warfare research in the mid-1970s. After small-scale research, a purpose-built research and development facility was authorized at al-Salman, also known as Salman Pak.

1972. Saddam, knowing that the Soviet Union will re-equip the Iraqi Army, travels to Moscow. Iraq and the Soviet Union sign a treaty of “Friendship and Cooperation.” Another reason Saddam signs the treaty is because it obligated the local communist party, which is very strong, to co-operate with the Ba'ath Party, which is not so strong at that time.
----
Definition:

A mujahid is one who strives or struggles on behalf of Islam; mujahideen is the plural of the same word. The word mujahid is an Arabic participle drawn from the same root as the Arabic word jihad, to strive or struggle.

The term is most frequently used in reference to the self named Afghan mujahideen, the guerrilla fighters who battled the Soviet army from 1979 – 1989, when the Soviets withdrew in defeat. The Soviets invaded in December, 1979 in order to provide support a recently installed pro-Soviet prime minister, Babrak Karmal.

The mujahideen were fighters from the mountainous areas of the largely rural country, and also maintained bases in Pakistan. They were entirely independent of the government. Mujahideen fought under the command of tribal leaders, who also headed Islamist political parties, which ranged from radical to moderate. The mujahideen received arms by way of Pakistan and Iran, both of which share a border. They made use of an arsenal of guerrilla tactics to thwart the Soviets, such as laying ambushes or blowing up gas pipelines between the two countries. They were estimated to be about 90,000 strong in the mid-1980s.

The Afghan mujahideen were not seeking to wage an aggressive jihad beyond national boundaries, but were rather fighting a nationalist war against an occupier. The language of Islam helped unify a population that was—and still is--otherwise very heterogonous: Afghans have many tribal, ethnic and linguistic differences. After the war ended in 1989, these different factions returned to their previous divisiveness and fought each other, until the Taliban established rule in 1991.

These unorganized guerrilla warriors were viewed as outlaws by their Soviet enemy and as "freedom fighters" by the Reagan Administration in the U.S., which supported the 'enemy of its enemy,' the Soviet Union.
Alternate Spellings: mujahedeen, mujahedin .

Duhmmy.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
So...should we drone it or not?(you'll have to pardon moi, I HAVE to live in the grown up world sometimes!)
Blowing up a chemical/biological stockpile is a really dumb idea. When the Syrian conflict finally ends, someone will have to go in there, secure the weapons and then disarm and burn the stuff.

That's what the US had to do with it's own such weapons. We might still be in the process of getting rid of ours.

Syria has anti-aircraft missiles that are made in Russia__and operated by Russians__that presents a real problem for the US when it comes to bombing the sht out of the place.

McCain and Graham don't talk about that angle.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with Al Qaeda?
Gee Dumb Dave. Maybe you can get someone who isn't a moron like you to help you.

Here's what Al Gore's Al Jazeera is reporting in today's news:

"Iraqi officials have repeatedly claimed that armed groups, such as al-Qaeda in Iraq and supporters of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's regime, have infiltrated the Sunni demonstrations."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013...

Any other questions, moron?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> I helped myself by supporting the party that best represents me , i hope you do the same, i don't hate my opponents, i don't hate bush, but i hate the fact that people deny mistakes when they are crystal clear.
So do I.

Talk to your boy about it, OK?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
BOSTON (AP)-- In photos of her as a younger woman, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva wears a low-cut blouse and has her hair teased like a 1980s rock star. After she arrived in the U.S. from Russia in 2002, she went to beauty school and did facials at a suburban day spa.
But in recent years, people noticed a change. She began wearing a hijab and cited conspiracy theories about 9/11 being a plot against Muslims.
Now known as the angry and grieving mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, Tsarnaeva is drawing increased attention after federal officials say Russian authorities intercepted her phone calls, including one in which she vaguely discussed jihad with her elder son. In another, she was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case, U.S. officials said.
Tsarnaeva insists there is no mystery. She's no terrorist, just someone who found a deeper spirituality. She insists her sons - Tamerlan, who was killed in a gunfight with police, and Dzhokhar, who was wounded and captured - are innocent.
"It's all lies and hypocrisy," she told The Associated Press in Dagestan. "I'm sick and tired of all this nonsense that they make up about me and my children. People know me as a regular person, and I've never been mixed up in any criminal intentions, especially any linked to terrorism."
Amid the scrutiny, Tsarnaeva and her ex-husband, Anzor Tsarnaev, say they have put off the idea of any trip to the U.S. to reclaim their elder son's body or try to visit Dzhokhar in jail. Tsarnaev told the AP on Sunday he was too ill to travel to the U.S. Tsarnaeva faces a 2012 shoplifting charge in a Boston suburb, though it was unclear whether that was a deterrent.
Allah's little b itch
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
During the draft days of Vietnam, one way to avoid the draft was to enlist in the National Guard. In fact, the Guard was packed & the only way to get in was if you had influence. George W Bush used his daddy;s influence to get into the guard to avoid he draft.
Now you can pretend that George W Bush was some sort of hero & enlisted to fight in the Vietnam War but that would be just another one of your fantasies.
Did he ever finish? Didn't he leave Texas to work on someone's political campaign & never finish? Didn't he opt out of the pilot program about the time drug testing for pilots went into effect?
Clinton didn't have the influence to get into the Guard, so he went a different route.
Both evaded the draft to avoid going to Vietnam.
At least Bush severed, moron. By the way, have you been here all frikking day, loser?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do because you're a racist turd and a total idiot.
You haven't flushed in over a year now because The Boy Messiah is still floating in there.

Proud of your creation, hey buddy?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In a first, black voter turnout rate passes whites
America's blacks voted at a higher rate than other minority groups in 2012 and by most measures surpassed the white turnout for the first time, reflecting a deeply polarized presidential election in which blacks strongly supported Barack Obama while many whites stayed home.
Had people voted last November at the same rates they did in 2004, when black turnout was below its current historic levels, Republican Mitt Romney would have won narrowly, according to an analysis conducted for The Associated Press.
Census data and exit polling show that whites and blacks will remain the two largest racial groups of eligible voters for the next decade. Last year's heavy black turnout came despite concerns about the effect of new voter-identification laws on minority voting, outweighed by the desire to re-elect the first black president.
http://www.necn.com/04/29/13/In-a-first-black...
"A white Mormon swimming in money with offshore accounts buying up companies and laying off their employees just doesn't quite fit my idea of a president."
It's amazing how greasing their palms made them turn out, isn't it?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
MSNBC - Six months after Hurricane Sandy, for many residents whose homes were badly damaged, recovery is moving at a slow pace – or not at all.
This president can't move a little faster on anything besides Obamacare?
He's sending F-16s to Egypt while American citizens are still displaced?
Can someone on the left please explain this to me?
The Train Wreck begins Jan 1, 2014.

No one knows what's going to happen, least of all the Jerk-In-Chief. Went to my doctor today. Boy, did I get an earful about the Boy Messiah's Healthcare act!

2014 will be a defining year for the Magic Negro's stupidity.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
President Obama has a minority outreach tip for the GOP. They can start by reaching out to him. "I know Republicans are still sorting out what happened in 2012, but one thing they all agree on is they need to do a better job reaching out to minorities. And look, call me self-centered, but I can think of one minority they could start with. Hello? Think of me as a trial run, you know? See how it goes." Check this out: http://www.nationalmemo.com/president-obama-t...
Outreach?

For what..his throat?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Let a thought through that tinfoil hat duhmmy...think...2013...2013.. .Bush is no longer prezidink (and has not been for some time). At least TRY living in the current Duh a Vey..
I was responding to a poster that was talking about 1998, I have an idea. Why don't you bitch to Carol for living in the past.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how greasing their palms made them turn out, isn't it?
You are damned right , they won't bother to vote again for 200 years , thats how long it will take before another black man will have a chance thanks to obammy .
Waxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I hope it's not too obvious that I have become obsessed with RealDave. This has happened before, OldRaider, Bill2008 and a couple of other guys too. Has anyone else noticed this about me? I hope I don't look like too much of an aszhole. Making me wonder about myself.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Waxman, "Iraqi officials have repeatedly claimed that armed groups, such as al-Qaeda in Iraq and supporters of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's regime, have infiltrated the Sunni demonstrations."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013 ... And who's fault is that? No one else but Bush W./Cheney who launched a war on Iraq and Saadaam Hussein on the myth of WMDs in the country. Hussein's removal and death paved the way for closer Iraq /Iran ties.

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
971. An outbreak of Plague in Aralsk is attributed to Soviet testing at Vozrozhdeniye island in Kazakhstan.
1971. Iraq begins chemical warfare research at Rashad to the north east of Baghdad. Research is conducted on a number of chemical agents including Mustard gas, CS (tear gas) and Tabun. Iraq starts biological warfare research in the mid-1970s. After small-scale research, a purpose-built research and development facility was authorized at al-Salman, also known as Salman Pak.
1972. Saddam, knowing that the Soviet Union will re-equip the Iraqi Army, travels to Moscow. Iraq and the Soviet Union sign a treaty of “Friendship and Cooperation.” Another reason Saddam signs the treaty is because it obligated the local communist party, which is very strong, to co-operate with the Ba'ath Party, which is not so strong at that time.
----
Definition:
A mujahid is one who strives or struggles on behalf of Islam; mujahideen is the plural of the same word. The word mujahid is an Arabic participle drawn from the same root as the Arabic word jihad, to strive or struggle.
The term is most frequently used in reference to the self named Afghan mujahideen, the guerrilla fighters who battled the Soviet army from 1979 – 1989, when the Soviets withdrew in defeat. The Soviets invaded in December, 1979 in order to provide support a recently installed pro-Soviet prime minister, Babrak Karmal.
The mujahideen were fighters from the mountainous areas of the largely rural country, and also maintained bases in Pakistan. They were entirely independent of the government. Mujahideen fought under the command of tribal leaders, who also headed Islamist political parties, which ranged from radical to moderate. The mujahideen received arms by way of Pakistan and Iran, both of which share a border. They made use of an arsenal of guerrilla tactics to thwart the Soviets, such as laying ambushes or blowing up gas pipelines between the two countries. They were estimated to be about 90,000 strong in the mid-1980s.
The Afghan mujahideen were not seeking to wage an aggressive jihad beyond national boundaries, but were rather fighting a nationalist war against an occupier. The language of Islam helped unify a population that was—and still is--otherwise very heterogonous: Afghans have many tribal, ethnic and linguistic differences. After the war ended in 1989, these different factions returned to their previous divisiveness and fought each other, until the Taliban established rule in 1991.
These unorganized guerrilla warriors were viewed as outlaws by their Soviet enemy and as "freedom fighters" by the Reagan Administration in the U.S., which supported the 'enemy of its enemy,' the Soviet Union.
Duhmmy.
Let a thought through that tinfoil hat duhmmy...think...2013...2013.. .Reagan is no longer prezidink (and has not been for some time). At least TRY living in the current DuH mass Major itea..

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Wanna learn about the Jerk-In-Chief's earlier life? Can't. His college records are locked up tight as a drum and most other records are missing.

Wanna learn about Fast n' Furious?
Can't. Executive Privilege locked it all up forever.

Wanna learn about his Benghazi f uckup?
Can't. It's Top Secret. And, besides, he says he's still lookin' into that Grade B Anti-Muslim movie that caused it all......

Wanna learn the whole story about the Muslim Sleeper Cell in Boston?
Can't. The Magic Negro sent Eric Racist Holder down there to shut up the last remaining bomber and now the parents won't come to America after all. Gee. They got 'sick' all of a sudden.

Any more questions....?????

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
----
Definition:
Duhmmy.
Let a thought through that tinfoil hat duhmmy...think...2013...2013.. .Reagan is no longer prezidink (and has not been for some time). At least TRY living in the current..Dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search