Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,125)

Showing posts 822,481 - 822,500 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to go back to Elementary School and learn how to add.
These do not add up to the 92 billion you claim was wasted.
As for your list, I recognized Johnson Controls because I just read about the profits it made in the first quarter. You said they were bankrupt or faltering on bankruptcy.
Green initiatives that reduce our dependency on foreign oil means fewer dollars being exported from this country & spent in our economy.
Green initiatives that reduce emissions help with are pollution from coal generation plants that sicken & kill thousands of Americas every year.
Why the right wing stooges waste their time dragging bogus lists and other nonsense from forum to forum is beyond me. Those are loan guarantee amounts, most of those companies didn't use the entire amount, some didn't use any.

First Solar's stock price nearly doubled this month.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? you do know there is a navy build up going on in the Arabian Sea which would bring 3 carrier strike groups in the regional operational theater, which by mostly military accounts is a war footing.
You know that those 3 carrier groups will have more fire power between them and all the world's navies combined?
I doubt you have anything to worry about Iran, I have a feeling when those ships are in place you are going to get a inspection, compliance and a lot of other boot licking or at the very least Israel is going to bomb the sites while we sit there daring Iran to do something in response.
There is only one carrier group in the region at this time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

GOP quits public policy

Evidence reveals that today's conservatives have been historically bad at writing bills or developing an agenda

Are Republicans even trying? There’s good evidence to suggest they are not.

While I’ve been saying that the GOP is broken and hopelessly dysfunctional, Rachel Maddow has come up with a new name for part of that dysfunction: Republicans are “post-policy.” To some extent, that’s because they’ll simply oppose whatever Barack Obama proposes, but there’s also an even more interesting aspect of it that they simply have given up on and lost the capacity for developing policy ideas.

And, no, it’s not just because they are conservatives and conservatives are inherently less likely to have policy ideas. A look at the evidence will demonstrate this.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/gop_quits_pub...

My guess is that the Republican-aligned partisan press is just so easy on Republican politicians that they’ve all become lazy. If all you have to do to be a favorite guest on Fox News or on syndicated conservative talk radio is to mutter something vague about Benghazi and make a teleprompter joke, what’s the incentive of doing the hard work of actually writing a bill?

“NuculurNUTsurpri Zed=WAXMAN”

Since: Feb 13

FROM CT. to JUDGE YOUR POSTS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Hello again!! Good Morning!!!

As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my "industrial strength" depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!

I will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.

I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on those depends!!!!

I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is mac n cheese and double strength depends, try it!!!)

Most sincerely, Waxman!!

And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me!

A quick reminder!!!!!!!!

I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our Teabagging friends are doing right now. I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!

Hugs, Waxman!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
A recent Post-ABC poll found among registered voters GW Bush's approval rating today is equal to President Obama’s at 47%.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/0...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...
Good. He deserves that.
Night.
There is the possibility that events of the last five years have made Bush’s star shine a little brighter, relatively speaking. In Bush’s last year in office his party’s reputation was likened by retiring Rep. Tom Davis to “dog food” that ought to be taken off the shelf. Today it’s still on the shelf and isn’t any fresher after being pitched by salesmen like John McCain and Mitt Romney. Republicans have reason to be a little wistful for the Bush years. And there’s a feeling among centrists that whatever his mistakes, the party Bush led wasn’t as nasty as it has since become.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/george...

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Conservative Paranoid Mind

ThereÂ’s a common thread linking conservativesÂ’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Liberals and civil libertarians shouldn’t yet be saying that there’s utterly no way that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be declared an “enemy combatant.” The post-9/11 law, whatever one’s opinion of it, does say that an American citizen affiliated with al Qaeda, the Taliban,“or associated forces” engaged in hostility with the United States can be declared an enemy combatant. It doesn’t seem like he’s that, but who knows, he may shock everyone when he comes to by saying that he and his brother were precisely that.

But it isnÂ’t liberals who are jumping the gun here. As usual, conservatives are rushing to judgment, shredding the Constitution, using the bombing as an pretext for derailing immigration reform, and generally seeking any excuse to reimpose their paranoid and authoritarian worldview, which needs fear like a vampire needs blood, on the rest of us.

....The common thread through all of this is the conservative need to instill and maintain a level of fear in the populace. They need to make gun owners fear that Dianne Feinstein and her SWAT team are going to come knocking on their doors, or, less amusingly, that they have to be armed to the teeth for that inevitable day when the government declares a police state. They need to whip up fear of immigrants, because unless we do, itÂ’s going to be nothing but terrorists coming through those portals, and for good measure, because, as Ann Coulter and others have recently said, the proposed law would create millions of voting Democrats (gee, I wonder why!).

And with regard to terrorism, they need people to live in fear of the next attack, because fear makes people think about death, and thinking about death makes people more likely to endorse tough-guy, law-and-order, Constitution-shredding actions undertaken on their behalf. This is how we lived under Bush and Cheney for years. This fear is basically what enabled the Iraq War to take place. Public opinion didnÂ’t support that war at first. But once they got the public afraid with all that false talk of mushroom clouds, the needle zoomed past 50 percent, and it was bombs away.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether itÂ’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, itÂ’s how the conservative mind works. I donÂ’t even think itÂ’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesnÂ’t mean theyÂ’re there, and it most definitely doesnÂ’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...
Why do you like a politician telling you how to live, what to eat, how much to drink, what to drive, etc?

Why do you like to be a slave?

Conservatives only want freedom.

But you Liberals have no clue what we meant by freedom nor care to know until you loose it then it will be too late.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's get the vote out campaign was three years in the making.
It's one of the advantages of being an incumbent but, in this president's case, pure luck had a lot to do with it.
Romney did a great job campaigning for the re election of the President. Thanks Mitt.
His son said his father didn't want to be President. He was just messing with you.
That 47% video, nailed it. Thank you to Jimmy Carters grandson! and the waiter who filmed it. It was absolute perfection.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and even with sort of the right wing nonsense pushed by every right wing nutjob media entity he stills wins the election.
figure that out.
There is nothing to figure out. there are a lot of stupid people in this country that will vote against their best interests. A lot of people, both times, voted for him because he is black. They didn't listen to a word he said. They just wanted to vote for the black man. don't expect that to happen again. The novelty has worn off.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Conservative Paranoid Mind

ThereÂ’s a common thread linking conservativesÂ’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Liberals and civil libertarians shouldn’t yet be saying that there’s utterly no way that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be declared an “enemy combatant.” The post-9/11 law, whatever one’s opinion of it, does say that an American citizen affiliated with al Qaeda, the Taliban,“or associated forces” engaged in hostility with the United States can be declared an enemy combatant. It doesn’t seem like he’s that, but who knows, he may shock everyone when he comes to by saying that he and his brother were precisely that.

But it isnÂ’t liberals who are jumping the gun here. As usual, conservatives are rushing to judgment, shredding the Constitution, using the bombing as an pretext for derailing immigration reform, and generally seeking any excuse to reimpose their paranoid and authoritarian worldview, which needs fear like a vampire needs blood, on the rest of us.

....The common thread through all of this is the conservative need to instill and maintain a level of fear in the populace. They need to make gun owners fear that Dianne Feinstein and her SWAT team are going to come knocking on their doors, or, less amusingly, that they have to be armed to the teeth for that inevitable day when the government declares a police state. They need to whip up fear of immigrants, because unless we do, itÂ’s going to be nothing but terrorists coming through those portals, and for good measure, because, as Ann Coulter and others have recently said, the proposed law would create millions of voting Democrats (gee, I wonder why!).

And with regard to terrorism, they need people to live in fear of the next attack, because fear makes people think about death, and thinking about death makes people more likely to endorse tough-guy, law-and-order, Constitution-shredding actions undertaken on their behalf. This is how we lived under Bush and Cheney for years. This fear is basically what enabled the Iraq War to take place. Public opinion didnÂ’t support that war at first. But once they got the public afraid with all that false talk of mushroom clouds, the needle zoomed past 50 percent, and it was bombs away.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether itÂ’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, itÂ’s how the conservative mind works. I donÂ’t even think itÂ’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesnÂ’t mean theyÂ’re there, and it most definitely doesnÂ’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...
Obama to charge Internet taxes on all of us after promising would never raise taxes on middle class.

Liberals are happy to pay more higher and higher taxes until they destroy the internet.

Liberals will also allow the government to keep track of everything we but online under the excuse of tax liability tracking.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Why the right wing stooges waste their time dragging bogus lists and other nonsense from forum to forum is beyond me. Those are loan guarantee amounts, most of those companies didn't use the entire amount, some didn't use any.
First Solar's stock price nearly doubled this month.
Because Beck told them to! Like good little dittoheads, they call the radio shows with their prepared notes from Beck, but, when some smart person challenges them, they totally fall apart and say the same shyt that these morans do. They start stuttering and saying "yeah, what about Ted Kennedy, huh? yeah, yeah, and Bill Clinton and and and, yeah that Bill Ayers? huh? and Solyndra, community organizer, kenyan communist...." same script, every effing day.

BTW, the judge told BOA that they have to prove that the squatter was personally served with eviction papers in the case of the Boca Raton mansion! The plot thickens.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
While most people were horrified by New York State Senator Greg Ball’s call for torturing Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Sean Hannity didn’t have a discouraging word when he hosted Ball last night on Fox’ Hannity show. Ironically, Hannity was talking up “enhanced interrogation” and waterboarding on the very night that marked four years since he had said he’d undergo it for charity (to prove that it’s not torture) and yet hasn’t.
http://www.newshounds.us/hannity_hearts_call_...
Quel surpris! He likes to be spanked as well, along with Michelle Malkin;
rightwingers are so twisted.
Did you see the bombers mother? "Because he Muslim, they killed him. I am mother", oh please, she can't come back here because she skipped out on the court date for that little shoplifting spree at Lord and Taylor!!
She never mentioned that her sons are killers, let her stay there.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Beck told them to! Like good little dittoheads, they call the radio shows with their prepared notes from Beck, but, when some smart person challenges them, they totally fall apart and say the same shyt that these morans do. They start stuttering and saying "yeah, what about Ted Kennedy, huh? yeah, yeah, and Bill Clinton and and and, yeah that Bill Ayers? huh? and Solyndra, community organizer, kenyan communist...." same script, every effing day.
BTW, the judge told BOA that they have to prove that the squatter was personally served with eviction papers in the case of the Boca Raton mansion! The plot thickens.
ATTENTION: Fellow non-Socilists who believe in freedom here

Do you watch Glenn Beck like this lunatic lily says?

I know I don't. On the other hand, Glenn Beck is more sane than lily, the nutjob.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama to charge Internet taxes on all of us after promising would never raise taxes on middle class.
Liberals are happy to pay more higher and higher taxes until they destroy the internet.
Liberals will also allow the government to keep track of everything we but online under the excuse of tax liability tracking.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
Yup, that's right buster; every box of bullets you buy is being recorded. Better watch it. Oh, and those videos you bought? They've got that too, fireworks? Got it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing to figure out. there are a lot of stupid people in this country that will vote against their best interests. A lot of people, both times, voted for him because he is black. They didn't listen to a word he said. They just wanted to vote for the black man. don't expect that to happen again. The novelty has worn off.
Racist. You're insane if you think anyone votes because of race. That's so absolutely insane. We voted because of the message of the Democratic Party, we will vote in huge numbers again, for Hillary, then you can say we voted just because she's a woman.
You rightwingers can't face the reality that your party has no message for the American people.

And spare me the comeback that you're not a racist or a rightwinger.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you like a politician telling you how to live, what to eat, how much to drink, what to drive, etc?
Why do you like to be a slave?
Conservatives only want freedom.
But you Liberals have no clue what we meant by freedom nor care to know until you loose it then it will be too late.
freedom? conservatives?

If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to control other people’s sexuality? Why are conservatives always telling us whom we can sleep with and what we can do in bed, even including whether we can use birth control?

If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to make sure that the state takes control of women’s bodies, denying them reproductive choice and freedom?

If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to tell us who we can marry? How come they believe that the state – which they always seem to hate, except when it is at war – should be able to make that most personal decision for us?

http://www.regressiveantidote.net/Articles/If...

read the rest. it's a long list.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing to figure out. there are a lot of stupid people in this country that will vote against their best interests. A lot of people, both times, voted for him because he is black. They didn't listen to a word he said. They just wanted to vote for the black man. don't expect that to happen again. The novelty has worn off.
why is it you folks are in denial of the fact that your own policies sunk your ship? plus that fact that you've had no one that qualifies as a national leader show up on the stage since Bush handed Obama the WH in 2008.

until you own up to those facts...you'll need to keep making excuses.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yup, that's right buster; every box of bullets you buy is being recorded. Better watch it. Oh, and those videos you bought? They've got that too, fireworks? Got it.
lily loves fascism and lying. Watch her start whining when they record who buys alcohol at 8AM when the liquor store opens.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Racist. You're insane if you think anyone votes because of race. That's so absolutely insane. We voted because of the message of the Democratic Party, we will vote in huge numbers again, for Hillary, then you can say we voted just because she's a woman.
You rightwingers can't face the reality that your party has no message for the American people.
And spare me the comeback that you're not a racist or a rightwinger.
How's the weather on the Moon today, lily?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Republican-controlled legislatures in several states have passed or introduced bills that would prohibit state-run health insurance exchanges from covering abortion in any of their plans. But Pennsylvania State Rep. Brian Sims (D) attempted to halt such a bill in his state on Tuesday with a scathing speech about freedom and personal responsibility.

"This legislation is about advancing an ideology of oppression and suppression, even if such a plan means ignoring the oath of office that each of us swore," Sims told his colleagues during a floor debate in the House of Representatives. "As a reminder, Mr. Speaker, I do believe this has been forgotten entirely by many of my colleagues today: Each of us put our hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. We did not place our hands on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/bria...

"I'm not sure how I find myself in this room of all rooms as one of the men who respects women the most, but as is so often the case, I see that respect for the person and personal responsibility is clearly more of a slogan than a reality. For these reasons, as well as those given by my colleagues, I ask that members vote no on House Bill 881 and reaffirm the constitution, the freedom of marketplace, and freedom from an oppressive legislature."
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Kobe Bryant + Oprah Windfarts = Fred Sanford

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 822,481 - 822,500 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,971
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min ritedownthemiddle 42,936
snapchat gay names 1 hr nolovecity74 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 167,402
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 2 hr ThomasA 15
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE