Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
822,281 - 822,300 of 1,098,742 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Is there anyone in America who believes that if the bombing suspects had been native-born, white, loner Protestants, more than a million people would have been placed under a lockdown that verged on martial law?
Is there anyone who truly believes that, had it been a blue-eyed, blonde-locked, Christian-born, American citizen who committed this monstrous bombing and then murdered a policeman in cold blood, that major league baseball and national hockey league games would be canceled, and that the national passenger rail carrier and the nation's premier bus line would suspend service on one of the country's highest profile traffic corridors?
Had the terror suspect not been a Muslim, an immigrant, naturalized, retaining a name that began with three syllables, is there anyone who truly believes that a United States Senator would publicly urge that he be declared an "enemy combatant for intelligence gathering purposes" and that he be denied Supreme Court-mandated Fifth and Sixth Amendment Constitutional rights granted to people arrested in the United States?
http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/a-special-place-...
no

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
So all I saw there was one long list of excuses why Obama won big.
I wonder what would happen if it was the other way around I said something along the lines of "Romney only won in the conservative south" which is like saying water is wet and fire burns.
Obama winning a second term was nothing but a fluke. And history will record it as such. You, however, will be among those on the wrong side of history. Not me.

Filing for insurance under Obamacare begins October 1. Are you prepared? Because no one else is. It will prove a major disaster and Obama knows it. He's just biding his time until it happens.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
If Ross Perot had not taken the votes away from George HW Bush against Clinton's first run, we wouldn't even be on this thread. Clinton won by a minority vote. History would have been written differently if Clinton's scandal-ridden/kinky two terms had never happened.
If George Bush, Sr., had won a second term, the likelihood of George Bush, Jr., running and becoming president also would have probably never happened.
A democrat would have still won after GHW Bush's theoretic second term and 9/11 would have still happened. But a Democrat would in all probability have been in the White House then. Either the Afghan and Iraq War would have happened anyway or we'd still be under attack.
Without the polarization caused by Clinton and then Bush, Obama would still be an unknown Senator voting present in Congress.
The "what ifs" are endless. But since they don't count, forgive me for indulging myself.
The little dog laughed to see such a sight and the dish ran away with the spoon.

If Gore had been awarded to Oval Office instead of Shrub it's possible that 9/11 would never have happened and it's certain that we wouldn't have invaded Iraq.

The possibilities are indeed endless Carol.

If my aunt had balls would she be my uncle?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Fluke? You're out of your mind.
With the economy recovering at a snail's pace and the debt increasing by $6 trillion in just his first term, it was a fluke. Believe me. In a sane and rational world, that is.

We're living in a parallel one presently.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
MSNBC - Six months after Hurricane Sandy, for many residents whose homes were badly damaged, recovery is moving at a slow pace – or not at all.
This president can't move a little faster on anything besides Obamacare?
He's sending F-16s to Egypt while American citizens are still displaced?
Can someone on the left please explain this to me?
Yea, I'll explain it. You're a damn lie! I live in NJ, half hr from Atlantic City, Ocean City, & about an hr from Wildwood & Cape May. They're all mostly rebuilt & have been for months. My cousin was living in Ocean City when the hurricane hit. It destroyed everything they had. A program through FEMA helped his family find a house in Cape May, & the have him vouchers to re furnish the entire house. A couple of my family members helped clean the shores in FEMA relief. They were told they weren't needed months ago. A friend of mine owns a business moving heavy machinery & renting heavy machinery. He was working on the shoes also in FEMA reconstruction & debris removal. He also hasn't had work with FEMA in months, & they've given all his requirement back. You're a liar, & a liar for no reason! The only people that are disgruntled are those that owned homes, but wastoo cheap to put insurance on the home,(must weren't even living in the homes). They rented beach front hinges during the summer months, but they wanted the govt to reimburse them for their laps in judgment in not insuring the home. The average home owners, renters, residents, that played by the rules have been set straight a long time ago & in most cases, are better off now!

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gore had been awarded to Oval Office instead of Shrub it's possible that 9/11 would never have happened and it's certain that we wouldn't have invaded Iraq.
Oh, my heavens. You actually think Gore would have any idea what to do after 9/11 besides tell everyone to hide under their beds?

Keep your fairy tells and nursery rhymes to yourself, Mother Goose.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The little dog laughed to see such a sight and the dish ran away with the spoon.
You're the one who sister is expecting a baby, and you don't know Realtime whether you're going to be an uncle or an aunt you idiot?
Always Right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
History would have been written differently if Clinton's scandal-ridden/kinky two terms had never happened.
it was a set up by republicans more than likely to stain his brilliant presidency.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? We're still going in the wrong direction and, thankfully, it's finally starting to sink in - even to those who made the mistake of voting for him a second time.
GW Bush's and Barack Obama's approval ratings are now tied in the polls.
That's much more significant.
Especially since all of our taxes went up last January and the Obamacare "tax law" is scaring the hell out of everyone now that it's here.
February 2013 Gallup poll:

27% say they're satisfied with the "way things are going in the United States today," compared to 72% who see things headed in the wrong direction.

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politics-news/p...

You naysayers really need to wake up. The movie's almost over.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The little dog laughed to see such a sight and the dish ran away with the spoon.
LOL... If Al Gore had won his home state of Tennessee.. He would have been president you idiot...
Always Right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>

GW Bush's and Barack Obama's approval ratings are now tied in the polls.
That's much more significant.
does it matter what bush's approval stand for now carol? NO. Obama is the president, and that's who you should be concerned about.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're a member of Mensa, right?
BOSTON—Days after being apprehended for his alleged role in last week’s Boston Marathon attack, suspected bomber Dzhokar Tsarnaev reportedly posted bail earlier today, prompting authorities to release him from custody.“At approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning, the suspect’s attorney posted his $2,000 bond, making Mr. Tsarnaev a free man for the time being,” Boston Police Department Commissioner Edward Davis told reporters at a press conference hours after Tsarnaev’s discharge from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, adding that the 19-year-old terror suspect is not considered a flight risk due to his high recognizability and injured state.“Per the terms of his bail, the suspect will be unable to leave the state of Massachusetts and must check in with officers once a week until his trial date. Should he violate the terms of his release or fail to show up for trial, he stands to forfeit the entirety of the bond.” Tsarnaev was unable to be reached for comment
http://www.theonion.com/articles/dzhokar-tsar...
It has been reported that boca lily is an honorary member of Vodka Mensa.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Romney Blames Loss On Successfully Communicating His Message To Minorities
http://www.theonion.com/video/romney-blames-l...
Hope you have your health insurance sewed up before October 1 with no unexpected surprises at the last minute.

It's heeeeeeere....and no one has a clue what to do.

Also, even more will be uninsured because of states opting out.

Now what, Lily?
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
no
The answer to the question, "Has the Obama Presidency worked?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, I'll explain it. You're a damn lie! I live in NJ, half hr from Atlantic City, Ocean City, & about an hr from Wildwood & Cape May. They're all mostly rebuilt & have been for months. My cousin was living in Ocean City when the hurricane hit. It destroyed everything they had. A program through FEMA helped his family find a house in Cape May, & the have him vouchers to re furnish the entire house. A couple of my family members helped clean the shores in FEMA relief. They were told they weren't needed months ago. A friend of mine owns a business moving heavy machinery & renting heavy machinery. He was working on the shoes also in FEMA reconstruction & debris removal. He also hasn't had work with FEMA in months, & they've given all his requirement back. You're a liar, & a liar for no reason! The only people that are disgruntled are those that owned homes, but wastoo cheap to put insurance on the home,(must weren't even living in the homes). They rented beach front hinges during the summer months, but they wanted the govt to reimburse them for their laps in judgment in not insuring the home. The average home owners, renters, residents, that played by the rules have been set straight a long time ago & in most cases, are better off now!
Interesting
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
With the economy recovering at a snail's pace and the debt increasing by $6 trillion in just his first term, it was a fluke. Believe me. In a sane and rational world, that is.
We're living in a parallel one presently.
The economy is recovering. You don't know what you're talking about, just parroting rightwing talking points.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
why?
She's lying out her azz again__or at least repeating lies found on the yayhoo sites.

Many were second homes and summer rentals. Some cannot be rebuilt under current zoning and building codes, some are locked up in legal battles between owners and insurers and many weren't even insured.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> it was a set up by republicans more than likely to stain his brilliant presidency.
It has been reported that many Democratic presidencies have been "stained" by their own behavior. "For Real", just ask Monica Lewinsky.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have your health insurance sewed up before October 1 with no unexpected surprises at the last minute.
It's heeeeeeere....and no one has a clue what to do.
Also, even more will be uninsured because of states opting out.
Now what, Lily?
Why don't you have a clue? The states that have opted out will have the exchanges administered by the federal government.
If anyone remains uninsured, it's the fault of the republicans. Just like everything else.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> does it matter what bush's approval stand for now carol? NO. Obama is the president, and that's who you should be concerned about.
It has been reported that many are "concerned about" the fact that Obama is president, "For Real".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago