Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275364 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jimmy

Newington, CT

#895325 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Records are sealed unless released by the student.
EasyEed already said that, you frikkin idiot.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#895326 Apr 30, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
One more time you prove yourself to be a lyingsonofabitch. I watched part of the last race at Richmond. The vast majority of the drivers, their wives, pot crews and officials had their hand over their heart. As a matter of fact shots where they panned the crowd a vast majority of the fans had their hand over their heart.
Why do you try to demean men who would kick your wimpy azz if you had the balls to talk to them.
Peace
KMA
The race I saw was in 2008. I don't watch NASCAR.

I spoke the truth.

Race car drivers are tough guys??

Newville, PA

#895332 Apr 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is Obama hiding?
He's making you like like quite the moron with your constant b*tchjing about this. he made you right whiners look ridiculous &petty with the birth certificate & school records.

What did you hope to find out?

Newville, PA

#895334 Apr 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Davey if you say it one hundred more times and click your heels maybe just maybe it will become all true.
Feel free to refute it with actual facts.

Newville, PA

#895336 Apr 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
More naivety from Davey. The press didn't question anything about Obama. They wanted a mythical character as the hoopla of Kennedy was fading in the reality of time. So will the Obama hysteria and you can freak, call names and stomp your feet but as time passes reality will rein.
So you don't think every nook & cranny wasn't searched for the "big story"?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895337 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The race I saw was in 2008. I don't watch NASCAR.
I spoke the truth.
Race car drivers are tough guys??
So you are arguing about something that isn't even the topic of the other post -typical of Dave. You are either very confused or you think your smoke screens are highly effective. The later is not working for you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895343 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He's making you like like quite the moron with your constant b*tchjing about this. he made you right whiners look ridiculous &petty with the birth certificate & school records.
What did you hope to find out?
No, he looks like he is hiding something as there is no reason to not release these. Sometimes Obama is just not that smart and you need to face reality.

Newville, PA

#895344 Apr 30, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a Clinton policy that based the ability of a bank to branch on the number of these loans they made. For days you have tried to be the expert on something that everyone knows that you have no clue about. It has become a point and laugh at you situation. Yet naive Davey has no idea.
Where is it written that Clinton forced banks to loan money to people who could not pay it back?

No where.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#895348 Apr 30, 2013
Liberalism has failed, Legislating Outcome has Failed, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul has failed, and the Gap between the Rich/Poor has grown, Black, Hispanic Families Lost Most Wealth Under Obama…Wow!!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#895353 Apr 30, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's bashing capitalism moron. Capitalism is what grew this country by people starting businesses and hiring people selling goods and services and contributing to the local economies. What's at issue is corporatism that ships job to countries that pay low wages and have no concerns for worker health and safety and stash their profits in offshore banks to avoid paying taxes for the services they receive in this country.
When Sam Walton started his business he was a capitalist. He kept his prices low by maintaining low profit margins and he sold American goods whenever possible. His heirs however went to the corporatist route making their profits by selling cheap foreign goods produced by virtual slave labor paying their employees crap and driving small businesses out.
You're an idiot!
It's the cost of living that has risen higher than minimum wages. It's been that way for a long time. It's actually not fair to those on the low end of the totem pole who just want to make an honest living.

The solution of raising minimum wages across the board could also create a problem as companies would have to raise the prices of their products to cover the higher salaries and still make a profit and the expense of overhead, etc.

But the discrepency between the cost of living and minimum wage is an issue that needs to be addressed. Most companies could raise prices by a small amount and still make a profit even if it meant a little less profit.

I'm not an economist but I do know throwing the baby out with the bathwater or killing flies with a cannon ball isn't the solution either. Getting rid of job makers by driving them away or strangling them with overregulations and taxes doesn't solve anything. It only creates higher unemployment.

But any employment is better than no employment and, when the market thrives, opportunities also become greater. Stifling the free market and free enterprise is just shooting ourselves in the foot.

There will never be a perfect system. You have to decide which one works the best and accept its warts and imperfections and try to remove as many as possible without disfiguring it beyond recognition.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895354 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to refute it with actual facts.
You have been given a stack of information and you have childishly responded with the lame comment- "liar". We cannot take you seriously when you insist on spitting on your own bus and really think that is a defense. Stop acting like you are defenseless whose only choice is to act like a kiddy bully. As I stated you have reached the point and laugh situation.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895357 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written that Clinton forced banks to loan money to people who could not pay it back?
No where.
It numerous articles analyzing the melt down.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895360 Apr 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think every nook & cranny wasn't searched for the "big story"?
Obama is a public figure and he is incapable of keeping them sealed forever. They are sealed currently under EO. There is no logical reason why any president would seal personal records. What is he hiding?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895361 Apr 30, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>yikes
Stop spitting on my bus.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#895362 Apr 30, 2013
Obama to give a Press conference today, he’s going to take questions…giggle, giggle I’m sure most of the questions have been Pre-Approved by the WH, if he’s off Prompter it should be entertaining for Sure!!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#895363 Apr 30, 2013
OBAMA the popular president thats all he is wraps lip around anything that is trending got his photos in BOSTON now the kid that had a touchdown,the gay scrub nba player that noone knows or cares about, big deal you are gay did you win a championship no who cares who or what you are the gays say no freedom of speech for HETEROSEXUALS bigotry AGAINST HETEROSEXUAL IS ON THE RISE CAN WE GET AN ADVOCATE FOR STRAIGHT PEOPLE CAN WE HAVE A poliTICAL PARTY WE STRAIGHT WE BEEN HERE GET OVER YOUR SEXUALITY
WOW

Bronx, NY

#895364 Apr 30, 2013
OBAMA The U.S. Is Engaged In a Religious War … On the Side of “Islamic Jihadis”
Backing One Side Against the Other In Someone Else’s Religious War Is Dangerous

Preface: Americans would be disgusted if the might of the U.S. military and the riches of the U.S. treasury were used to support one Christian faith (say Methodists) in a shooting war against another faith (say Luterhans). We would be even more offended if the U.S. backed one Hindu sect in a war against a competing Hindu sect, or one school of Judaism against a competing school of Judaism in an armed battle. But that’s exactly what we’ve been doing … backing one Islamic faith against another.

We are not siding with one sect or the other. Nor are we claiming that all people of any particular sect are bad or violent people.

What we’re saying is that the whole problem is that the U.S. is taking sides … in someone else’s religious war.

Many Americans assume either:

(1) The U.S. doesn’t take sides in religious wars

Or

(2) We are fighting a crusade against Muslims

Neither assumption is correct. In fact, we are fighting a religious war on the same side as the Muslim jihadis. Unfortunately – as shown below – this is neither wild-eyed conspiracy theory or breathless hyperbole.

Specifically, the U.S. has directly inserted itself into a sectarian war between the two main Islamic sects, backing the “Sunnis” and attacking the “Shiites”(also called “Shia”). See this, this and this.

For example, American political leaders have been very close to Saudi (i.e. Sunni) leaders for decades:
Whatever

Gering, NE

#895365 Apr 30, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama to give a Press conference today, he’s going to take questions…giggle, giggle I’m sure most of the questions have been Pre-Approved by the WH, if he’s off Prompter it should be entertaining for Sure!!
I feel like we are living in a communist nation. It use to be the press would go to these and report later. Now every time the supreme leader holds even a minor press conference, programming is interrupted.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#895366 Apr 30, 2013
Obama has been similarly close to the Saudis.)

Saudi Arabia is the center of the Sunni branch of Islam. It is also the center of the most radical sect of Islam … the “Wahhabis”(also called “Salafis”), the most radical and terrorist-minded Sunni sect. But the U.S. has long supported the Madrassa schools within Saudi Arabia which teach radical Wahabi beliefs.

The U.S. has also supported the most radical and dangerous Sunni elements around the world.

For example, the U.S. National Security Adviser admitted that the U.S. created, organized and armed the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets. The Mujahadeen are predominately Sunni.

The Mujahadeen eventually morphed into Al Qaeda, which is a Sunni organization.

During various times and places, the U.S. has also backed the Muslim Brotherhood … another Sunni group.

We supported Al Qaeda Sunni terrorists in Libya and Mali,

We’ve long supported Sunni terrorists in Chechnya.

We support MEK terrorists – who are Sunnis who target Shias – in Iran.

We support the brutal Sunni government in Bahrain as it crushes its majority Shia population whenever it pushes for democratic reform.

We supported Al Qaeda Sunnis in Bosnia.

The “rebels” in Syria who we’ve been supporting are Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood.

As the New York Times reports this week:

In Syria’s largest city, Aleppo, rebels aligned with Al Qaeda control the power plant, run the bakeries and head a court that applies Islamic law. Elsewhere, they have seized government oil fields, put employees back to work and now profit from the crude they produce.

Across Syria, rebel-held areas are dotted with Islamic courts staffed by lawyers and clerics, and by fighting brigades led by extremists. Even the Supreme Military Council, the umbrella rebel organization whose formation the West had hoped would sideline radical groups, is stocked with commanders who want to infuse Islamic law into a future Syrian government.

Nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force to speak of.

Why should Americans care if our government is backing the Sunnis over the Shiites?

Because we are supporting the side which carries out most of the terrorism. Indeed, Sunni Muslims commit most of the terrorist acts worldwide.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#895367 Apr 30, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>Sorta like lily's knee grow husband burying his nutz in her dank t wat...LOL
Please don't us that kind of language when replying to me or my posts. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Coffee Party 196,963
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,409
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Black lives matter 4 hr Pride in ones self 1
ask amy 8-29-15 10 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 11 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 12 hr Tvlover 406
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages