Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#894903 Apr 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
With the economy recovering at a snail's pace and the debt increasing by $6 trillion in just his first term, it was a fluke. Believe me. In a sane and rational world, that is.
We're living in a parallel one presently.
The economy is recovering. You don't know what you're talking about, just parroting rightwing talking points.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#894904 Apr 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
She's lying out her azz again__or at least repeating lies found on the yayhoo sites.

Many were second homes and summer rentals. Some cannot be rebuilt under current zoning and building codes, some are locked up in legal battles between owners and insurers and many weren't even insured.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#894905 Apr 29, 2013
Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> it was a set up by republicans more than likely to stain his brilliant presidency.
It has been reported that many Democratic presidencies have been "stained" by their own behavior. "For Real", just ask Monica Lewinsky.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#894906 Apr 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have your health insurance sewed up before October 1 with no unexpected surprises at the last minute.
It's heeeeeeere....and no one has a clue what to do.
Also, even more will be uninsured because of states opting out.
Now what, Lily?
Why don't you have a clue? The states that have opted out will have the exchanges administered by the federal government.
If anyone remains uninsured, it's the fault of the republicans. Just like everything else.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#894907 Apr 29, 2013
Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> does it matter what bush's approval stand for now carol? NO. Obama is the president, and that's who you should be concerned about.
It has been reported that many are "concerned about" the fact that Obama is president, "For Real".
Always Right

United States

#894908 Apr 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my heavens. You actually think Gore would have any idea what to do after 9/11 besides tell everyone to hide under their beds?
Keep your fairy tells and nursery rhymes to yourself, Mother Goose.
Gore would have never ignored the warnings from al-queda like bush did carol, gore didn't ignore the climate change issue a few years ago that slapped republican owned refineries as being responsible for it, you just don't like to admit the miserable failures your party delivers carol.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#894909 Apr 29, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave thatís the process it was defeated by a Bi-Partisan vote 52/48 if you donít like the process than change it!!
51 for ending subsidies: 49 Democrats 2 Republicans
47 against ending them: 4 Democrats 45 Republicans

Votes needed to end debate 60. Why 60:? Because Republicans filibustered.

Now you cam pretend that the Democrats did not support ending these subsidies al you want.

But everyone else knows the Republicans basically voted to keep oilfield subsidies.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#894910 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting
Local reports from New Jersey shore-town newspapers would agree that those remarks may be true for that person, but they are totally untrue for the vast and overwhelming majority of those taxpayers who have lost or damaged homes throughout the shore area, particularly those in Monmouth and Ocean counties, which were hardest hit. Anyone would be able to find this information by just googling the local newpapers there. Atlantic and Cape May counties suffered much less than the more northern shore areas, which remain devastated and upset with both Christie and Obama.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#894911 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
The economy is recovering. You don't know what you're talking about, just parroting rightwing talking points.
What Carol said is exactly correct, sleazeball. This is the worst economic recovery in history. More people are on welfare than ever before and the U-6 has never been so high.

You are FOS. Go have another swig, swine.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#894912 Apr 29, 2013
Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> carol, are you aware that higher taxes specially on the wealthy cut down the deficit? Or you're just ignoring the cards on the table and shooting off blanks? It's time to stop big corporation greed that only affects the middle class and the poor, notice most big corporations support republican candidates who of course support capitalism, if we had a republican president now, the gas price would have been well over 5 dlls. A gallon, sorry carol, i'll stick to what i think is right and read my my poster i.d.
Are you aware clinton slashed capital gains taxes?
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#894913 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
It has been reported that you don't know what you're talking about, just parroting leftwing talking points.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#894914 Apr 29, 2013
Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> Gore would have never ignored the warnings from al-queda like bush did carol, gore didn't ignore the climate change issue a few years ago that slapped republican owned refineries as being responsible for it, you just don't like to admit the miserable failures your party delivers carol.
Al Gore would have sold them the White House, you moron.

Gettysburg, PA

#894915 Apr 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my heavens. You actually think Gore would have any idea what to do after 9/11 besides tell everyone to hide under their beds?
Keep your fairy tells and nursery rhymes to yourself, Mother Goose.
So, you think the former drunk, cokehead,. draft evading Bush did?

He botched Afghanistan , never got Bin Laden, and left it stranded to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#894916 Apr 29, 2013
Always Right wrote:
<quoted text> Gore would have never ignored the warnings from al-queda like bush did carol, gore didn't ignore the climate change issue a few years ago that slapped republican owned refineries as being responsible for it, you just don't like to admit the miserable failures your party delivers carol.
It has been reported that Gore lost the last of his remaining credibility when his "light bulbs" in Tennessee became public knowledge, as well as his thoughtful sale of his TV conglomerate to some of our well-known acquaintances.
Always Right

United States

#894917 Apr 29, 2013
Diane Sawyer wrote:
<quoted text> It has been reported that many Democratic presidencies have been "stained" by their own behavior. "For Real", just ask Monica Lewinsky.
you mean like the beahavior of bush when he ignored warnings from al-queda that gave us 911? Yeah, just ask bush yourself.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#894918 Apr 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He botched Afghanistan , never got Bin Laden, and left it stranded to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9-11.
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's RealDave...
If only President Clinton hadn't signed the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 and every single democrat said Saddam was an eminent threat and had to be removed three years prior to 9/11...
The Dude Abides

Orlando, FL

#894919 Apr 29, 2013
Lessee... population... maybe... 318,000,000? Of that number... what?... maybe... 20,000,000 Pakis, an' A-rabs, and Israelis, an' red-dots, an' illegals who can't vote anyway... Then reduce the number by.. um.... another 150,000,000 to take into account those too young or too old or too retarded to vote... stop me when I get to about 110,000,000 registered voters - twenty times the gun lobby nonetheless. Don't bother including figures if it figures you can't figure.

Gettysburg, PA

#894921 Apr 29, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a landslide when it's only 3 million more votes in a population of over 300 million.
He mostly won the liberal states in the Northwest, the liberal states in the Midwest and the liberal states along the West Coast which happen to have the largest populations.
Florida and a few other states were a fluke but only means the mindset of too many Americans is even more worrisome.
Romney, unfortunately, proved to be the wrong candidate. He let too many golden opportunities slip by.
Obama's "get out the vote campaign" was also three years in the making.
Nevertheless, no landslide. That's much too big of a stretch.
Evidently Crol thinks 5 year olds vote.
Always Right

United States

#894922 Apr 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
BRILLIANT.

Gettysburg, PA

#894924 Apr 29, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Really Davey, what did I say that was untrue? The ball is in your court? You are the bigot.
You posted homophobic slurs. Evidently it was so natural to you that you didn't even notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,778
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min rahul rana 98,839
Amy 12-19 34 min RACE 4
abby 12-19 41 min RACE 2
9 inch kaa land 1 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,914
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,882
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:32PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
Bleacher Report 1:38 AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?