Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,084)

Showing posts 821,661 - 821,680 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly is your point? You don't think liberal-leaning networks have never made a mistake in the heat of breaking news?
Do you remember CBS calling the presidential election wrongly in 2000?
Talk about embarrassing.
thank you carol.

now can you get the other nutjobs off of the right wing blog bandwagon?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> New type of drug sub uncovered in Columbia. This duel diesel motored fully submersible cocaine submarine is capable of staying underwater and can carry up to 7 tons of cocaine into the U.S. 7 tons!!! What else could this thing bring into the U.S.? Them drug dealers are getting very good at building submarines!!!
Narco submarines are not new__you yourself posted about them on this thread before, the US Navy has already intercepted one.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still chewing that bone?
Sadam Hussein was going to flood the market with his oil, trading in Euros.
You didn't answer the questions.

Do you believe Saddam wouldn't have immediately rebuilt his WMD program once the world was temporarily satisfied?

And were the UN Inspectors going to remain there or continue ongoing inspections indefinitely?

It's kind of important to have these two answers down pat before continuing to "chew on the bone" of blaming Bush.

After all, the Iraq War is what initially divided us after 9/11. The weasels who flip-flopped for political gain should have been forced to answer those two questions too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Unwittingly Calls For Racial Profiling of Caucasians to Prevent Terrorism

In their rush to condemn all Muslims (“all terrorists are Muslims”, Kilmeade, circa 2010), Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade asked why we don’t use racial profiling to prevent terrorism. The bad news for Kilmeade is that the alleged terrorists he’s referring to are from a region from whence the term “Caucasian” originates. Literally. They are the original European Caucasians.

Kilmeade wanted to know why we can’t profile?!“Why can’t we go through that model in order to narrow down who that the perpetrator might be?”

Guest Pete Hegseth, the Chief Executive Officer for Concerned Veterans for America, suggested that we need to check out these Mosques in Boston where they are “radicalizing” people leading to violence like we just saw. He assured us that this is not about race or targeting people. Just focusing on the facts.

Let’s take him at his word. If we applied the same formula for white men who go on mass shooting sprees, we’d profile gun owning, white men. I don’t think that’s where Fox meant to take this argument.

Also, Hegseth based his presumptions upon his military experience in the Middle East. However, this is the United States, not the Middle East. The largest segment of American Muslims resides in Dearborn, Michigan, where they live peacefully next to a large segment of Jewish and Christian Americans. They have plenty of Mosques, in which they engage in the peaceful practice of their religion, as an integrated part of the larger community. Why doesn’t the “one bad apple” defense that Republicans rush to use in order to justify/explain white mass shooters apply to Muslims? Both are killing Americans.

But the biggest irony is that Fox wants to racially profile the original Caucasians.

Which might be a good idea, since the majority of mass shooters are white men. Fox News has, by accident, stumbled upon a great truth. If any “ethnic” group is terrorizing and killing Americans, it’s the growing number of disturbed, angry,“lone wolf”/”bad apple” white men with access to guns and a desire to kill as many Americans as possible. By all means, we should put an end to the “political correctness” that silences this truth in order to protect a has-been majority still clinging to their power.

No one expects a Fox News anchor to have a grasp on history, context, or the actual meaning of words, let alone understand that people much smarter than they have already determined that their great idea is not such a super plan in a democracy. We all know what Kilmeade “meant”, but it was a fail worthy of noting in that it represents possibly the first good idea he’s ever had.

http://www.politicususa.com/fox-news-unwittin...

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
For Gay Americans new found Hope…’France legalizes gay marriage’ please check with your Travel Agencies for Departure Times!!
PARIS — Tens of thousands of demonstrators took to sunny Paris boulevards on Sunday to protest the expected passage this week of a bill legalizing gay marriage. One protestor called the bill “a threat to the social fabric.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/te...

At least tens of thousands still have some common sense elsewhere in the world too.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The father of the two Boston bombing suspects has said he will fly from Russia to the US to seek “justice and the truth” this week, as federal investigators seek to interview the American wife of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder Tsarnaev brother who was killed in a shootout with police.
In an interview on Sunday, Anzor Tsarnaev said he had “lots of questions” for police, and told the Associated Press he wants to “clear up many things”.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/22/boston-...
the poor kid. doesn't he know that in progressive liberal land, 20 years from now he'll be up to his eyeballs grading midterms like terrorists Kathy Bedouin and Bill Ayers.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you carol.
now can you get the other nutjobs off of the right wing blog bandwagon?
I was responding to your post thinking you were criticizing O'Reilly for defending mistakes made by all newscasters in the heat of breaking news.

Just not used to you giving O'Reilly any credit whatsoever. My mistake.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA WOULD LOSE TODAY wrote:
Obama vs. Romney Popular Vote
November 7, 2012
The most recent popular vote count showed President Obama at 60,078,199 (50.3%) vs. Governor Romney at 57,397,360 (48.1%)
THE WAY OBAMA ACTS YOU THINK HE GOT 75% OF THE VOTES!
The ONLY reason Obama won? Turnout.

Obama campaign officials said their get-out-the-vote organization — the people who make calls, knock on doors, micro-target potential voters and drive supporters to the polls — was more than three years in the making building on their record-breaking effort in 2008.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Reading this article, Obama's reelection is more like a fluke. Pretty much.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly is your point? You don't think liberal-leaning networks have never made a mistake in the heat of breaking news?
Do you remember CBS calling the presidential election wrongly in 2000?
Talk about embarrassing.
libs are the media and wrong conclusions just aren't discussed.

There are, in fact, few crimes against humanity more repellent to left-liberal opinion in enlightened corners these days than Islamophobia — an evil affliction that, we are told, has produced a dangerously hostile cultural and political atmosphere in this country.

And in some of these precincts, especially places that swell with pride in their own multicultural and hyper-liberal virtue, the very threat of Islamophobia has produced something very nearly its opposite.

We saw it at work in this city a few years ago when the proposal to build a mosque near Ground Zero was all the rage. When opponents called this an act of insensitivity, given the Islamist ideology that had led to the planes being flown into the Towers and the deaths of nearly 3,000 people, the more enlightened among us (including this city’s mayor) reared in horror. This was Islamophobia, pure and simple, they said.

Rallies in support of the mosque were organized. You could barely walk a step without someone professing his deep admiration and friendship for Faisal Rauf, an imam connected to the project who’d served on numerous interfaith committees over the previous decade.

There was a sensitivity conflict here: Liberal opinion, which prides itself on its sympathy to the wounded and grieved, was forced to choose sides — and chose the multiculturalist side.(The glorious Rauf has since been sued on the grounds that he diverted millions from the moneys raised for the unbuilt mosque for his personal use.)

Was this kind of anti-Islamophobia at work in the eye-opening way people who had some acquaintance with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev spoke about him last week?

Had the idea that he should be given the benefit of the doubt due to his background become so instinctual to them that they spoke favorably of his character without thinking about how they might be making excuses for the inexcusable?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Lots of people are Googling first lady Michelle Obama's name right now because if you typed "Michelle Obama" into Google.com 10 days ago, an offensive photo of Michelle Obama with her face morphed to looked like a monkey appeared in the Google.com search engine results where it says "Image results for Michelle Obama."
Update: The offensive photo of Michelle Obama has been removed by the website that hosted it -- and the original website that hosted the offensive pic of the first lady reportedly contained malware.
Search Engine Roundtable first reported the offensive pic of Michelle Obama, and while one post says they're glad Google took it down from the search-engine results -- another section says that they gave Google a hard time for removing the removing the Michelle Obama result.
This is because Google claims it in its policies that they don't remove offensive pics.
Anyway, if you do a search of Michelle Obama in Google Images, you'll see the offensive pic is still there, along with Google's explanation of why it is there.
However, Google has the power to remove any photos it wants from its search engine's image results and search engine pages.
its sad that someone would photoshop a monkeys face onto the first lady. That poor monkey didn't do anything at all to deserve that kind of abuse.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should start a group of old people that hate anybody that is different than you.
Maybe call it a tea party.
You're the only one injecting hate into the discussion.

Not surprised though.

One can't stand for traditional marriage without being labeled hateful?

Nevermind. You are, after all, a liberal.

No one is protesting the gay lifesytle.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the questions.
Do you believe Saddam wouldn't have immediately rebuilt his WMD program once the world was temporarily satisfied?
And were the UN Inspectors going to remain there or continue ongoing inspections indefinitely?
It's kind of important to have these two answers down pat before continuing to "chew on the bone" of blaming Bush.
After all, the Iraq War is what initially divided us after 9/11. The weasels who flip-flopped for political gain should have been forced to answer those two questions too.
Still playing around eh?

Rebuilt what WMD program? Most of the so called WMD's that Iraq had was furnished by others, you've already learned that the US provided Saddam with weaponry and certain chem/bio ammo during the Reagan era along with the materials and technology to manufacture his own. Frans van Anraat also sold chem/bio materials to Saddam.

There was no nuke program, nothing even close to a nuke program__Saddam didn't have that technology nor the means to deliver nukes. Saddam basically had squat beyond an Army consisting of armor, artillery and infantry.

Saddam was a paper tiger.
NJ raider 1

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA WOULD LOSE TODAY wrote:
Obama vs. Romney Popular Vote
November 7, 2012
The most recent popular vote count showed President Obama at 60,078,199 (50.3%) vs. Governor Romney at 57,397,360 (48.1%)
THE WAY OBAMA ACTS YOU THINK HE GOT 75% OF THE VOTES!
Dude, you're not serious are you? I mean for real, this is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you! You & your type are bordering the line of treason how bad you want him to fail. What makes you think, I say think because, I know you don't believe such nonsense, but what make you think Romney had an ice cubes chance in hell then, or now? He dismissed half the nation when he thought no one was listening. He made a mockery of the entire black race with the comments he made in Georgia/South Carolina (don't remember which state it was). Remember this" it's in my heritage to work with black people. My ancestors owned slaves?" You're just one of the disappointed folks that fell for the polls, & got your heart shattered when reality struck. Honestly, you don't have a representative in the republican party that can defeat Barack Obama in an election. Not 1! Blame it on Sandy, the 47%, or his mormonism. It doesn't matter. He could've ran the perfect campaign, & he still would've been crushed. Come back to reality!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to your post thinking you were criticizing O'Reilly for defending mistakes made by all newscasters in the heat of breaking news.
Just not used to you giving O'Reilly any credit whatsoever. My mistake.
credit?

Bill O'Reilly: Separating Fact From Myth Regarding President Obama

We get a ton of internet propaganda here. Nearly every day, some hysterical dispatch shows up on my desk saying the world will end on Friday or Moluccan terrorists have just infiltrated through Brownsville, Texas, and are heading for your house.

But no one is more popular on the net propaganda circuit than President Obama. So in the interest of no spin, it is my pleasure to set the record straight.

Mr. Obama is a controversial guy. All presidents are. But he does deserve to be treated honestly, does he not? So here we go.

Item: No birth certificate has been made public.

True. But the state of Hawaii has, once again, said Mr. Obama's birth certificate is on file. A certificate of live birth has been released. A "Factor" investigation also showed Mr. Obama was born in a Honolulu hospital and we stand by our reporting.

Item: Barack Obama received foreign student aid while in college.

False. Somebody just made that up

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/transcr...

so there ya go. Bill is the man.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Still playing around eh?
Rebuilt what WMD program? Most of the so called WMD's that Iraq had was furnished by others, you've already learned that the US provided Saddam with weaponry and certain chem/bio ammo during the Reagan era along with the materials and technology to manufacture his own. Frans van Anraat also sold chem/bio materials to Saddam.
There was no nuke program, nothing even close to a nuke program__Saddam didn't have that technology nor the means to deliver nukes. Saddam basically had squat beyond an Army consisting of armor, artillery and infantry.
Saddam was a paper tiger.
So let me get this straight. You think if the UN Inspectors had announced before the Iraq War that the coast was clear, Saddam would have simply become a nice guy?

The entire world provided Saddam with those materials believing they were being used for medical research.

Do you think the entire world would have done that if they knew he was going to gas 5000 Kurdish women and children?

Who do you think was responsible for all those mass graves discovered?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

no surprise here....

Boston Bombing Suspect Cites Iraq, Afghanistan Wars As Motive

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/b...

and somehow different than an uninformed 'wish'...

Limbaugh Agrees With Caller That Boston Bombers Were Influenced By City's "Liberal Elite Intellectual Thought"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/22/limb...

sorry Rush, it was the non-intellectual thoughtless neo-cons that did the trick.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you saw it and i just take your word for it?
you're setting a precedent you won't much like.
but anyway....
“A physical description was given to me of the suspect, Wolf. I want to be very careful here because this is very sensitive information, but the description given to me is a dark-skinned individual,” King said.“And I want to just stop there. A further description were given by this source, but it was a background conversation. They’re not willing to discuss it on the record right now, given the sensitivity when you get into these things. You heard Gov. Patrick saying yesterday it’s so important that the people of Massachusetts and the country for that matter in his words turn to each other and not against each other. It was described to me as a dark-skinned male individual that is shown in the video. There was some further descriptions used, but just for sensitivity purposes until we get more information, I think it’s best to stop there.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/17/cnn-boston-...
"No, it was an honest mistake," O'Reilly agreed. "Absolutely an honest mistake." He went on to suggest that John King should have "outed" the source who gave him inaccurate information.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/bill...
so how ya gonna play it now?
I don't care whether you take my word for it or not. You, like all the other libtards on here, seem to think I give a damn about what you think. I come on here to ll time, pass on some science news I find interesting, and have conversations with people who can do so intelligently. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Regardless of what we find about Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s stay in Dagestan, the Boston Marathon case illustrates that we will not soon be done with terrorism inspired by Sunni Salafist doctrines. The Tsarnaevs had no understandable grievances, were not avenging the deaths of relatives, were fighting for no territory. They were apparently young men having trouble finding a place of psychic belonging in the world, and they had access to the internet and found the doctrine of Salafist jihad. Under such circumstances, there may always be some takers. Police work will help, and so will limiting immigration. But unlike that large portion of terrorism connected to concrete and plausible political goals, from the Stern Gang to the IRA, the FLN to the Tamil Tigers to the Kurds to various Palestinian groups, this phenomenon seems truly mindless.

Andrew Sullivan wrote last week about the Tsarnaevs:

A little lost in modernity; finding meaning in the most extreme forms of religion; in many ways assimilated by the West but finding new ways to feel deeply, internally alienated by it: this is a classic profile of an Internet Jihadist. And there is nothing traditional about this religion. It’s hyper-modern, spread online and combustible with any other personal dramas.

We will probably have no choice but to live with it, just as the United States seems prepared to live with homegrown mentally ill loner gunman having access to automatic weapons.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/sunni-...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Narco submarines are not new__you yourself posted about them on this thread before, the US Navy has already intercepted one.
The point is they are getting better at it. You know at 7 tons one could only imagine what they could slip into port. They wouldn't actually land it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

alpha dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the younger one was a pot head and that his brother is being investigated in a triple murder of some weed dealers.
how very American.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 821,661 - 821,680 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,200
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min mdbuilder 43,035
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Frank 167,696
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,034
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 47,080
Bridgeport site targeted for high school rowing... (May '08) 4 hr Daniel Izguerra 8
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]