Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
821,201 - 821,220 of 1,101,335 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#893661 Apr 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> That's so much worse than the worst recession in 80 years, doubling the debt, two quagmire wars killing thousands of our soldiers, a near financial meltdown, & a housing collapse.
You people are dumber than sh*t. Your posts prove it every GD day.
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
NJ raider 1

Washington, DC

#893662 Apr 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>THANK GOD THIS ONE IS NOT A WOMAN DUMMY AREN't YOU THE ONE THAT DOESNT CARE about past laws why quote the CONSTITUTION in your argument to make your point to support your position because the pass is VALIDATED, your fantasy laws that you want to make because it pleases you cause revolutions against leaders like YOU, thank GOD YOU LEAD ONLY YOURSELF well follow your self
Man your responses is nonsense! The whole Constitutional argument is based apon people having the right to overthrow the govt if they feel it doesn't represent them anymore. So don't tell me about laws. I don't need a law to tell me right from wrong. I'm a grown man, I do what I want to do, & you should or you do to! I said the constitution needs to be rewritten. My comments using the article was blatant evidence it is unnecessary, because nobody abides by it anyway. People only use it to further their agenda. As for conforming it to fit me, I could care less. I only care if America is serious about equality. Other than that, no judge, no politician, no 200yr old corpse, no police, NOBODY, is gon tell me how to live my life! NOBODY!!!
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#893663 Apr 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That lie was debunked in 2008, but you dumbasses not only believe anything you're fed by the haters of the reich-wing, you seem condemned to repeat them ad nauseam. Why don't you just go visit Dumbya's liberry of rewritten history already before you die...asap
Anal Annie, the trucks top mammie

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#893664 Apr 26, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>can you picture Moochelle doing anything humanitarian where her salary wasn't mysteriously doubled overnight? without an entourage of her 100 best friends and mother? the difference is if Obama & Moochelle lifted a pinky when his presidency is up, the media would cover it even more than they talk about the Kardashians. but we barely heard what George & Laura were doing regarding their anti-aids work in Africa.
We can thank the propagandists for keeping Bush's humanitarian efforts off the front page. There wasn't enough room with all the other progaganda. They only cheer for the Weasel Team.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893667 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama not only moving the Syrian red line he is erasing it. The world is watching and learning Obama is all hat and no cattle.
MAYBE BUT REMEMBER HE HAS THE SAME AGENDA AS BUSH DID, OIL dont forget who really put him THERE WALLSTREET they SELECTED HIM but they made mistakes with Iraq HIS image would take everyones mind in another BLACKS THINK HE IS THE SALT OF THE EARTH no protest against war from the LIBS anymore they are the WAR MONGERS now same script as with BUSH just DIFFERENT ACTOR GUESS WHO IS COMING TO DINNER wow we are LIVING IN GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER they redid the sixties all over wow
Leadville Lou

Broomfield, CO

#893668 Apr 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Man your responses is nonsense! The whole Constitutional argument is based apon people having the right to overthrow the govt if they feel it doesn't represent them anymore. So don't tell me about laws. I don't need a law to tell me right from wrong. I'm a grown man, I do what I want to do, & you should or you do to! I said the constitution needs to be rewritten. My comments using the article was blatant evidence it is unnecessary, because nobody abides by it anyway. People only use it to further their agenda. As for conforming it to fit me, I could care less. I only care if America is serious about equality. Other than that, no judge, no politician, no 200yr old corpse, no police, NOBODY, is gon tell me how to live my life! NOBODY!!!
Then start voting republican, today's demorats are the new Nazis.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#893669 Apr 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Bush left you fked and broke! What a decider.
Classy.

Orlando, FL

#893670 Apr 26, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>The intelligence wall that Bush tore down was put back up ala Jamie Gorelick (a kkk hunt)by the Mooslim in Chief...
The Department of "Injustice", Eric Holder, made sure the FBI were forced to step back from getting any more information from the Boston bomber. He read him his Miranda rights personally.

Before Mr. Holder told the terrorist he had the right to remain silent, however, the FBI did discover there were 6 more bombs prepared to go off in Times Square.

Too bad we will never learn of any other plots that might have been under way.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893673 Apr 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Man your responses is nonsense! The whole Constitutional argument is based apon people having the right to overthrow the govt if they feel it doesn't represent them anymore. So don't tell me about laws. I don't need a law to tell me right from wrong. I'm a grown man, I do what I want to do, & you should or you do to! I said the constitution needs to be rewritten. My comments using the article was blatant evidence it is unnecessary, because nobody abides by it anyway. People only use it to further their agenda. As for conforming it to fit me, I could care less. I only care if America is serious about equality. Other than that, no judge, no politician, no 200yr old corpse, no police, NOBODY, is gon tell me how to live my life! NOBODY!!!
HEY Ms. LILY ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN IS HAVING A MELTDOWN lololololol THEY GOIN PUT YOU BACK IN CHAINS YEA PUT DEM BACK IN CHAINS and the THEY THAT HAD BLACK PEOPLE IN CHAINS WERE DEMOCRATS

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#893674 Apr 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Thus every measurable economic indicator is very strong presently and nearly all the damage created by the worst Presidential administration in US has been tidied up__tidied up by a virtually unknown Democrat who stunned the Washington establishment changing politics as usual forever.
BTW Flacko__Donald Duck probably could have beat DaBammy in 2008__unfortunately the Republicants advanced John McCain and Sarah Palin instead.
Donald duck beat mccain. There was no way a republcan would win in 2008, ya idjit.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893675 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> As usual, Mr Peabody, you miss the point of the post. The economy is like this despite Obama. In fact more than likely the economy would be better off if Obama got elected and simply went to Hawaii and stayed there. Nothing he has done helps. Nothing!
If Obama wasn't President__someone else would be you stupid fk and it would be John McCain or Sarah Palin.

Unless of course they had already been impeached___due to incompetence.

The majority of America's voters were "so over" BushCo and the Republican right that they selected a little known black feller with a funny name and a guy who spent thirty five years as the Jr Senator from a state with only three counties?

And the USA is much better off for it.
jade

Liverpool, UK

#893678 Apr 26, 2013

WATCH THAT IT EXPLAINS IT ALL.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#893679 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou, You've got things backwards,dude. It was the Democratic Congress that pushed Bush W to pursue the more bi-partisan African AIDS policy AFTER Bush W's early actions to reinstate Reagan's Mexico City gag rules and cuts in funding to prevent AIDS made the situation worse. Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/04/25/... "On Bush’s first day in office he reinstated a rule that prevented any non-profit doing work overseas from using any of their own, private money to fund family planning services. This so-called “Global Gag Rule” posed a serious threat to international maternal health, but it also cut off funding for HIV/AIDS initiatives, child health programs, and water and sanitation efforts."
TSM

El Paso, TX

#893680 Apr 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> That's so much worse than the worst recession in 80 years, doubling the debt, two quagmire wars killing thousands of our soldiers, a near financial meltdown, & a housing collapse.
You people are dumber than sh*t. Your posts prove it every GD day.
RealDave your post is irrelevant we’re in the Present, Obama’s 5th year 17 trillion in Debt, Debt-to-GDP: 105% job picture bleak for college grads!! Under Obama’s leadership the future for America looks bleaker!!

Orlando, FL

#893681 Apr 26, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
I am of the opinion of Bush as a failure of a president and I believe that history will judge him so, but after hearing his speech yesterday he has earn a bit of sympathy from me for basically making a mess of the nation.
Perhaps history will judge him as a well intention man that lacked the judgement to make good choices. Better to be see as an idiot with a heart than a evil mastermind.
There's no way one man could have made a mess of the nation.

It was a joint effort.

Trust me.

So what, in your opinion, do you think he did single-handedly to make a "mess of the nation" that Obama or Clinton and the Democrats didn't do or share in the responsibility?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893682 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama not only moving the Syrian red line he is erasing it. The world is watching and learning Obama is all hat and no cattle.
Are you saying that you want the USA involved in another war with an Islamic nation?
Check here___for yes
Here___for no
Flacko, you're dumber than you look and that's almost impossible.

Orlando, FL

#893683 Apr 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>If Obama wasn't President__someone else would be you stupid fk and it would be John McCain or Sarah Palin.
Unless of course they had already been impeached___due to incompetence.
The majority of America's voters were "so over" BushCo and the Republican right that they selected a little known black feller with a funny name and a guy who spent thirty five years as the Jr Senator from a state with only three counties?
And the USA is much better off for it.
You're just plain cuckoo if you think we're much better off on any level or on any issue.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893684 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes! It's Richmond weekend!!! Time to crank it up!!!
International Speedway Corp facility Flack__are you going?

Orlando, FL

#893685 Apr 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Aunt Bettie Lou, "Funny though how you want to insist this effort as being bipartisan and not the Iraq War. " You are forgetting that the Iraq War intervention by Bush W WAS NOT bi-partisan once Bush was found to have lied about WMDs in Iraq . He rushed to judgement based on a pack of lies and got us into a war that we never needed to fight.
Oh, hush. You sound like a friggin' broken record replaying the weasels whining "boo hoo...we were lied to...boo hoo...we were left out of the loop...boo hoo...we're too stupid to know we were given the same intel as the rest of the world...boo hoo hoo hoo hoo..."

Please.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#893686 Apr 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you provided nothing to dispute my post.
As usual.
"real dumb"
I provided everything a person with even a modicum of intelligence would understand. You are a liar, a racists, a hypocrite and a BS artist. Thta is all the proof anyone with a brain needs.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 22 min FXX 3
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 24 min My Flowers 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 4,683
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr I Hate You 49,487
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,753
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE