Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
821,061 - 821,080 of 1,101,127 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
TSM

El Paso, TX

#893455 Apr 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You are actually admitting to being "intellectualism stupido"? http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/24/politics/bush-i...
Leo for Liberals/Democrats Help is on its Way… Scientists Find Way to Turn Stem Cells into Brain Cells!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#893456 Apr 26, 2013
breath study brings roadside drug testing closer
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893457 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No I didn't. I did hear bits and pieces on the radio.
It was a refreshing change of POSITIVE, tastefully and patriotically honoringly presented.

All compiled NOT!! at tax payers expense, bless thier hearts.

I just missed the former potus Bill speaking, part. I think he took up the most soundbyte time though...he always was good at that kind of stuff lol.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893458 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Bush liberates women under an oppressive thumb in the Middle East and is crucified for it.
Go figure.
Where did Bush do that?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893459 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nothing is more futile than trying to control something none of us can control-History. Who knows how folks one hundred plus years from now will perceive things. Put it out there and let people think it through for themselves.
Anything else would be ignorance!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#893460 Apr 26, 2013
Tracking gunfire with a smartphone
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893461 Apr 26, 2013
YOU CAn BE RICH IN AMERICA JUST DON'T FALL IN LOVE STAND IN LOVE :THE TWINKIE UNION GOT THE TWINKIES to GO ON STRIKE hostess shut the company down the TWINKIE UNION USES THE PENSION FUND TO BUY HOSTESS AND NOW THE NEW OWNERS WILL NOT HIRE UNION WORKERS lololol YOU THINK THEY KNOW THAT THEIR OWN UNION DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT NO BECAUSE THEY FELL IN LOVE WITH THE UNION SO THEY COULDNT WALK AWAY, THAT WILL COME OUT AS FACT lololol
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893464 Apr 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> what does race have to do with anything? Because I said whitemen you automatically take it the wrong way.,I don't care if was written by black folks, it's more than 100yrs outdated. If everyone deserves the right to feel safe (carrying guns), why is it illegal for felons to own a gun?
lolololhahahahahaah GE KNEE US YES SIR RE BOB SHEER BRILLIANCE FROM THIS ONE IT'S LIKE AN INQUSITIVE CHILD just nurture IT AND MAYBE IT WILL GROW lolololol FELON WITH GUNS SAFE hahahaha lololololol MAYBE THE FELON MADE SOMEONE UNSAFE THATS WHY THEY ARE FELONS GIVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE YES GUNS NO
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893465 Apr 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> what does race have to do with anything? Because I said whitemen you automatically take it the wrong way.,I don't care if was written by black folks, it's more than 100yrs outdated. If everyone deserves the right to feel safe (carrying guns), why is it illegal for felons to own a gun?
Why do you think it is outdated? Because you want to a re-do so it favors your positions more?

The fact that you interjected race inappropriately makes it a racist remark.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893466 Apr 26, 2013
WEST PALM BEACH —

A 79-year-old Palm Beach woman on Thursday didn’t just avoid a prison term for evading taxes on $43 million in foreign accounts. A federal judge said Mary Estelle Curran deserves a presidential pardon.

Blasting the government for prosecuting the woman who had already paid a whopping $21.6 million penalty to the Internal Revenue Service, U.S. District Judge Kenneth Ryskamp placed Curran on probation for one year. He then immediately revoked it.

“You were on probation for about five seconds,” he told her.

He then urged Curran’s attorney, Roy Black, to seek a presidential pardon.

In his 43 years of practicing law, Black said, he had never heard a judge make such a statement

The government has a lot of discretion, and the government decided to make a felon out of this woman

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/palm...

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#893467 Apr 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?
The joke about the sketches was most appreciated by Bush himself.

Thousands of Africans are alive today thanks to Bush's humanitarian efforts in the AIDs epidemic.

Do you not find that admirable?

Thousands of women in the Middle East now go to school, have jobs and even hold office thanks to Bush's belief that freedom belongs to everyone.

Do you, as a women, not find that equally admirable?

Iraqis now vote for elected leaders thanks to Bush's courage in doing what even Clinton would have done post 9/11.

All former democratic presidents couldn't praise Bush enough for his contributions and service to this country and to humankind.

You don't agree with your party's former presidents?

Did you see Obama's speech? I'm convinced he now sees Bush in a whole different light.

Yesterday was a great day for America. It reminded us why Bush's approval ratings are now tied with Obama's. He was a much better president who had strong convictions than the weasels made him out to be for political gain which, as we are witnessing, is backfiring.

But as the old saying goes, "what goes around, comes around."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893468 Apr 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That lie was debunked in 2008, but you dumbasses not only believe anything you're fed by the haters of the reich-wing, you seem condemned to repeat them ad nauseam. Why don't you just go visit Dumbya's liberry of rewritten history already before you die...asap
Or he could just read Carol's posts from the comfort of his 12 wide.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893469 Apr 26, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says republican men are homosexuals?
Lol!
WHO SAYS LIBS ARE NOT BIGOTS AGAINST THEIR OWN AGENDA IF BLACK PEOPLE WOULD ONLY SEE THE LIES THEY TELL THEMSELVES THE BLACK POPULATION WILL BE A LOT BETTER BUT THEY FOLLOW WHITE LIBS BE YOU JUST BECAUSE A DUCK RAISES A KITTEN DOESNT MEAN THE CAT WILL LAY EGGS lolololhahahahah
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#893470 Apr 26, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No different than Fox News.
Yes lily, we know you prefer Muddy Matters & other Jason Blair types. Care to backup your gibberish?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893471 Apr 26, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No different than Fox News.
The dummy found a new bone to chew on. He'll be repeating the same line for years. Meanwhile, he went on Stormfront to reveal false photos of Trayvon Martin.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#893473 Apr 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners make really stupid posts & think you speak the truth. It proves just how stupid & uninformed you idiots really are.
Do yourself a favor & learn the truth about Planned Parenthood & quit making such a ass out of yourself.
"real dumb"
You are "real dumb", you are also a racists, a hypocrite, a liar, a phoney and a moron.
In the past week you have posted your idiocy about 125 times. Those posts received nearly 200 posts which pointed out the BS of the crap you spew. Do you practice being stoopid? Whether you practice or not you are a grate example of stoopidity.
To be fair 12 other posts showed ignorance in that they supported the crap you spew.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893474 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Bush liberates women under an oppressive thumb in the Middle East and is crucified for it.
Go figure.
This is rich, Carol conversing with the king of meltdown vulgar filth!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893475 Apr 26, 2013
From CNN

"Zubeidat and Tamerlan Tsarnaev had previously fallen under the suspicion of Russian authorities concerned they were following radical ideologies.

Russian authorities had raised concerns to U.S. authorities about her and her son, sources told CNN. But a U.S. official said that the Russian’s case at the time was “thin.”

So momma was also on the TIDE list? This does not surprise me. The brothers appeared to be more followers than leaders which happens when you have a very vocal, opinionated parent like Zubeidat.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#893476 Apr 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I call myself the new wave of fiscally Conservative liberertarian because:
I believe in science, but only when its actually been proven.
I believe corporations are businesses (not people), but that they are also equal legs of a stool that will fall down without an equal ethical other. The third leg is a non-intrusive government.
I believe in equal rights regardless of sexual orientation, but the playing field should be level by REMOVING taxation/incentives, not expanding them.
I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout because they've already found it.
I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it. The begining of that lesson is decreasing government activity to a crawl.
I believe women deserve the same rights as men, but no more. I am undecded if that includes driving or posting on Topix.
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose. I also dont give a sht and dont want to have it forced down my throat (especially "literally").
I believe immigration is PART of what made this country great, but its unsustainable and unrealistic to expect it to be an infinite process.
I believe freedom for all means freedom for all, except when its on my dime (or anyone else's).
I believe we have the right to own guns. Now if leftist phags started advocating actually punishing the criminals who abuse them (instead of trying to infringe Constitutional rights), we'd be in business.
I believe in a living wage, and the necessity to work hard to earn it.
I believe most rich people have created/expanded their wealth on their own thru legal hard work, unless they have last names like Kennedy, or Pelosi.
I believe welfare sometimes helps the poor, but is horribly abused.
There retard, I helped you out...
GREAT POST! Thank you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893477 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke about the sketches was most appreciated by Bush himself.
Thousands of Africans are alive today thanks to Bush's humanitarian efforts in the AIDs epidemic.
Do you not find that admirable?
Thousands of women in the Middle East now go to school, have jobs and even hold office thanks to Bush's belief that freedom belongs to everyone.
Do you, as a women, not find that equally admirable?
Iraqis now vote for elected leaders thanks to Bush's courage in doing what even Clinton would have done post 9/11.
All former democratic presidents couldn't praise Bush enough for his contributions and service to this country and to humankind.
You don't agree with your party's former presidents?
Did you see Obama's speech? I'm convinced he now sees Bush in a whole different light.
Yesterday was a great day for America. It reminded us why Bush's approval ratings are now tied with Obama's. He was a much better president who had strong convictions than the weasels made him out to be for political gain which, as we are witnessing, is backfiring.
But as the old saying goes, "what goes around, comes around."
That's what Presidents do, present and former. It was an event; of course they're all going to say nice things. They're politicians, afterall. Bush looked like he was crying when President Obama spoke. Barbara Bush was sitting next to the President having a grand old time. Pres. Bush Sr. looked unwell.
The quip about the nude paintings was hilarious.
All Presidents share that commonality that no one else will ever know. Jimmy Carter was close friends with Gerald Ford.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min LRS 177,507
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 58 min Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 302
Second man charged in May homicide that left mo... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr gcaveman1 46,361
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago