Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
821,021 - 821,040 of 1,098,984 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I call myself the new wave of fiscally Conservative liberertarian because:
I believe in science, but only when its actually been proven.
I believe corporations are businesses (not people), but that they are also equal legs of a stool that will fall down without an equal ethical other. The third leg is a non-intrusive government.
I believe in equal rights regardless of sexual orientation, but the playing field should be level by REMOVING taxation/incentives, not expanding them.
I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout because they've already found it.
I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it. The begining of that lesson is decreasing government activity to a crawl.
I believe women deserve the same rights as men, but no more. I am undecded if that includes driving or posting on Topix.
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose. I also dont give a sht and dont want to have it forced down my throat (especially "literally").
I believe immigration is PART of what made this country great, but its unsustainable and unrealistic to expect it to be an infinite process.
I believe freedom for all means freedom for all, except when its on my dime (or anyone else's).
I believe we have the right to own guns. Now if leftist phags started advocating actually punishing the criminals who abuse them (instead of trying to infringe Constitutional rights), we'd be in business.
I believe in a living wage, and the necessity to work hard to earn it.
I believe most rich people have created/expanded their wealth on their own thru legal hard work, unless they have last names like Kennedy, or Pelosi.
I believe welfare sometimes helps the poor, but is horribly abused.
There retard, I helped you out...
Wow, what a terrific response. I was off put by the exaggerated, self-righteous and simplistic viewpoint of the post you responded to formulate a response that was more balanced and fair. Thanks for taking the time.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
I call myself a liberal because:
I believe in science
I believe corporations are businesses, not people
I believe in equal rights, regardless of sexual orientation
I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout
I believe in climate change, not that God has decided to use weather to “punish sin”
I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it
I believe women deserve the same rights as men
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose
I believe immigration is what has made this country great, not what will bring it down
I believe freedom for all means freedom for all
I believe we have the right to own guns, but our Second Amendment says “well regulated” for a reason
I believe in a living wage
I believe you don’t create wealth by giving rich people more money
I believe welfare helps the poor, it doesn’t punish the rich
You said you were a log cabin republican.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Abdul, I believe you and Barney would be the perfect couple....
oh how sweet. a nutjob that believes in gay marriage.

i bet you love going to CPAC.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Hey Sonic,

The Today Show was talking about Syria today also as well as most of the major papers.

What in the world were you having a hizzy fit about yesterday? Sometimes you try to be so oppositional that you fail to think clearly.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to do what they think is best. Myself, personally, have mixed feelings. I enjoy the internet being tax free, but it is not a golden calf so why should it be given a special privilege? It is on hold at the moment to allow evaluation of the impact.
i signed a letter to my congressman this morning about the issue. funny thing was...the website with the form letter had the Heritage Foundation as one of the sponsors.

talk about irony.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I call myself the new wave of fiscally Conservative liberertarian because:
I believe in science, but only when its actually been proven.
I believe corporations are businesses (not people), but that they are also equal legs of a stool that will fall down without an equal ethical other. The third leg is a non-intrusive government.
I believe in equal rights regardless of sexual orientation, but the playing field should be level by REMOVING taxation/incentives, not expanding them.
I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout because they've already found it.
I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it. The begining of that lesson is decreasing government activity to a crawl.
I believe women deserve the same rights as men, but no more. I am undecded if that includes driving or posting on Topix.
I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose. I also dont give a sht and dont want to have it forced down my throat (especially "literally").
I believe immigration is PART of what made this country great, but its unsustainable and unrealistic to expect it to be an infinite process.
I believe freedom for all means freedom for all, except when its on my dime (or anyone else's).
I believe we have the right to own guns. Now if leftist phags started advocating actually punishing the criminals who abuse them (instead of trying to infringe Constitutional rights), we'd be in business.
I believe in a living wage, and the necessity to work hard to earn it.
I believe most rich people have created/expanded their wealth on their own thru legal hard work, unless they have last names like Kennedy, or Pelosi.
I believe welfare sometimes helps the poor, but is horribly abused.
There retard, I helped you out...
I do, although, hold it is my RIGHT to post on Topix. LOL
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats in Washington Conspire to Exempt Themselves from Obamacare
http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/25/republican...
Silly, the Democrats voted to past ObamaCare-not the Republicans. It is the height of idiocy to pass a law, as the Dems did, and than ask to be exempt from it.

You surely can see the hypocrisy.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Hey Sonic,
The Today Show was talking about Syria today also as well as most of the major papers.
What in the world were you having a hizzy fit about yesterday? Sometimes you try to be so oppositional that you fail to think clearly.
oppositional about Syria?

i must be posting to often. now i have a stalker.

but anyway....seems there may have been chemical weapons used. Obama needs to hold to his word and get to it.

better?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i signed a letter to my congressman this morning about the issue. funny thing was...the website with the form letter had the Heritage Foundation as one of the sponsors.
talk about irony.
What is ironical about that?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

GDP growth of a 2.5% called "disappointing" by CBS. I call it stagnation.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
That explains a lot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.
President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".
Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.
Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.
But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."
God bless George W. Bush.
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.
President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".
Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.
Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.
But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."
God bless George W. Bush.
I didn't agree with everything he did but I believe he did what he thought was right for the country.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats in Washington Conspire to Exempt Themselves from Obamacare
http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/25/republican...
Son you’re Idiot!! Again how many Republicans voted for Obamacare?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oppositional about Syria?
i must be posting to often. now i have a stalker.
but anyway....seems there may have been chemical weapons used. Obama needs to hold to his word and get to it.
better?
LOL, someone finally responds to you and they are a stalker? You are a little confused there bud.

You were throwing a fit yesterday about CNN and FOX carrying this news story. I thought is was a little bizarre. Not very well thought out.

I get the impression you are a failure at free thinking and rely too much on some website to tell you what your opinion should be.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, the Democrats voted to past ObamaCare-not the Republicans. It is the height of idiocy to pass a law, as the Dems did, and than ask to be exempt from it.
You surely can see the hypocrisy.
Starting in 2014, thanks to an amendment Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) successfully inserted into the Affordable Care Act to put Democrats in a political bind, members of Congress and personal staff — not committee staff — will be dropped from their federal health plan and have to buy insurance on state exchanges, which will launch next year.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/co...

oh yeah. i see it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
My purpose is not to defend Christianity, but to expose the evil of Islam.
Argue Christianity with someone who cares.
Extremism in/of anything is often never a good thing.

Mostly because it leads to unbalanced-ness....which leads to unstableness, which leads to stuff like failed statehoods, out-of-control budget deficits, and myriads of OTHER "warpedness" of behavorial issues per say.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is ironical about that?
i very rarely side with nutjobs.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?
lily boca can't keep her mind off nude paintings or her hands off new vodka bottles
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
George Bush Sr. doesn't look too good

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago