Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#893400 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oppositional about Syria?
i must be posting to often. now i have a stalker.
but anyway....seems there may have been chemical weapons used. Obama needs to hold to his word and get to it.
better?
LOL, someone finally responds to you and they are a stalker? You are a little confused there bud.

You were throwing a fit yesterday about CNN and FOX carrying this news story. I thought is was a little bizarre. Not very well thought out.

I get the impression you are a failure at free thinking and rely too much on some website to tell you what your opinion should be.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893401 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, the Democrats voted to past ObamaCare-not the Republicans. It is the height of idiocy to pass a law, as the Dems did, and than ask to be exempt from it.
You surely can see the hypocrisy.
Starting in 2014, thanks to an amendment Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) successfully inserted into the Affordable Care Act to put Democrats in a political bind, members of Congress and personal staff — not committee staff — will be dropped from their federal health plan and have to buy insurance on state exchanges, which will launch next year.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/co...

oh yeah. i see it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893403 Apr 26, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
My purpose is not to defend Christianity, but to expose the evil of Islam.
Argue Christianity with someone who cares.
Extremism in/of anything is often never a good thing.

Mostly because it leads to unbalanced-ness....which leads to unstableness, which leads to stuff like failed statehoods, out-of-control budget deficits, and myriads of OTHER "warpedness" of behavorial issues per say.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893405 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is ironical about that?
i very rarely side with nutjobs.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#893407 Apr 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?
lily boca can't keep her mind off nude paintings or her hands off new vodka bottles
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893408 Apr 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
George Bush Sr. doesn't look too good
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893409 Apr 26, 2013
Ukrainian Rutgers student arrested taking two IEDs into New York just a week before Boston Marathon bombing
Eight days before the Boston Marathon bombing, police in New Jersey arrested a man traveling into New York with two homemade devices
Rutgers student Mykyta

OUR LEADERS ARE ..........unspoken truth becomes a LIE you should have TOLD THE PUBLIC MAYBE IT WOULD HAVE STOPPED BOSTON,OBAMA YOU HAVE AMERICA UNSAFE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893411 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't agree with everything he did but I believe he did what he thought was right for the country.
I'll bet you have a poster of him in your bedroom
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893413 Apr 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can help restore reality and logic to society, so please feel free to post away......:-)
Golly gee, thanks.:)
Not Even Surprizooooood

Pompano Beach, FL

#893415 Apr 26, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental illness is me!!! I am just one more personality in my long, long list of multiple personalities that display themselves all day. That is why I'm confined to an institution silly! I call them my topix sockpuppets!! I enjoy spending every day on my thread giving out multiple judgits with my wonderful socks to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I absolutely consider this thread "mine"!!!!!! And I thank you for enabling me to do this with your tax dollars!!!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893417 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? None of us will be around to see the final verdict. That is what makes the LEFT hyperventilating to write History just plain dumb.
That's what's so kinda cool about the latest POTUS (Bush) library/museum.

Rather than "demanding" and trying to "tell" people what to think (which is such a patheTic thought to even have to waste a comprehensive braincellage moment on, that such idiocracy even exists)..it is geared to allow for people to view, study, THINK for themselves and form their OWN opinions!

Enlightened visions like that-makes me proud to be an American!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#893419 Apr 26, 2013
Leadville Lou, "You nor anybody else has one shred of proof any green scheme is doing one iota of good viv a vis AGW." WHO's being the moron and interminable bore now? LOL ! Is infinite planet thinking finally being rejected as destructive and based on mostly false notions on how human economies remain sustainable ? "Podesta highlighted just how far the world has come since the original MDGs were developed in 2000, citing the shift from a world easily classified into Global North and South, or developed and developing countries. Instead, the world now includes developing countries like Brazil and India who have large populations who require assistance, but are themselves donors and political forces. These changes, according to Podesta, require a new way of considering development and sustainable economic growth:

PODESTA: We know now that sustainable economic growth is not simply about increasing the size of national economies but about shaping enduring systems and institutions that respect the rights of individuals and give them the tools they need to help lift themselves out of poverty. Sustainable economic growth requires ensuring the poor have what I call “connectivity.”“Connectivity” broadly encompasses issues like access to health care, education, and job opportunities; connections to physical, social, and energy infrastructure; and the opportunity to actively participate in the civic and economic lives of their countries and to be recognized legally by their governments."Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/05/...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#893421 Apr 26, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush's IQ is 125. Obama's, only 116.
That lie was debunked in 2008, but you dumbasses not only believe anything you're fed by the haters of the reich-wing, you seem condemned to repeat them ad nauseam. Why don't you just go visit Dumbya's liberry of rewritten history already before you die...asap
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#893423 Apr 26, 2013
George Jones stopped loving her today.

81 yoa__amazing

RIP

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#893424 Apr 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you have a poster of him in your bedroom
No but I bet you have a picture of Obama in yours. Halo and all, with a light shining on it.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#893426 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How racist of you. Are you Dave? Nitwit, good concepts are good concepts such as liberty and self direction no matter how old they are. The right to feel secure in our person and home is something all should have. The government cannot provide this.
what does race have to do with anything? Because I said whitemen you automatically take it the wrong way.,I don't care if was written by black folks, it's more than 100yrs outdated. If everyone deserves the right to feel safe (carrying guns), why is it illegal for felons to own a gun?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893427 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't agree with everything he did but I believe he did what he thought was right for the country.
Did you watch the dedication Flack? It really was nicely done-a CREDIT to Bush with out a doubt.

(and boy did I have fun with some of my more d leaning friends over it LOL)

Love and God BLESS America again!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893428 Apr 26, 2013
I LOVE LIBS CLINTON KICKS BLACKS OFF WELFARE AND OBAMA GIVES NON AMERICANS WHO ARE HERE ILLEGAL FOOD STAMPS BECAUSE WE CANT JUST LET THEM STARVE NOW CAN WE BUT YOUR AMERICAN SLAVE JIM CROW SURVIVORS CAN STARVE BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CALL OBAMA ON YOUR SHINY NEW PHONE LOLOLOL hahahah YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE THIS UP NOW LILY.......STILL NO BLACK AGENDA AND FOR THAT MATTER NON FOR WHITES EITHER YESSSS WE ARE NOW EQUAL IN AMERICA BUT ILLEGALS ARE NOW PROM QUEENS lolololololol AND BLACKS ARE SO HAPPY WITH THE PRESIDENT
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893429 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i very rarely side with nutjobs.
LOL, you left yourself wide open for ZINGS with this post.

I change my mind you need to stick with copy and paste. You aren't very good at thinking on your own.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893430 Apr 26, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That lie was debunked in 2008, but you dumbasses not only believe anything you're fed by the haters of the reich-wing, you seem condemned to repeat them ad nauseam. Why don't you just go visit Dumbya's liberry of rewritten history already before you die...asap
Why you hating on institutes of intellectualism stupido? Afraid they will show you up for what you're really NOT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min ritedownthemiddle 52,845
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Guru 187,299
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ratloder 69,683
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,202
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 5,904
Ask Amy 4-25-15 6 hr Kuuipo 2
Dear Abby 4-25-15 9 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]