Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236570 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#893386 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats in Washington Conspire to Exempt Themselves from Obamacare
http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/25/republican...
Silly, the Democrats voted to past ObamaCare-not the Republicans. It is the height of idiocy to pass a law, as the Dems did, and than ask to be exempt from it.

You surely can see the hypocrisy.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893387 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Hey Sonic,
The Today Show was talking about Syria today also as well as most of the major papers.
What in the world were you having a hizzy fit about yesterday? Sometimes you try to be so oppositional that you fail to think clearly.
oppositional about Syria?

i must be posting to often. now i have a stalker.

but anyway....seems there may have been chemical weapons used. Obama needs to hold to his word and get to it.

better?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893388 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i signed a letter to my congressman this morning about the issue. funny thing was...the website with the form letter had the Heritage Foundation as one of the sponsors.
talk about irony.
What is ironical about that?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893391 Apr 26, 2013
GDP growth of a 2.5% called "disappointing" by CBS. I call it stagnation.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#893392 Apr 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
That explains a lot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893394 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.
President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".
Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.
Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.
But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."
God bless George W. Bush.
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#893397 Apr 26, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Did my heart good yesterday to see former President George Bush honored and praised for his service to his country. It was long overdue.
President Obama recognized him as a man "who loves his country", who "takes his job seriously but doesn't take himself too seriously", a man with "a great sense of humor" and, most importantly, "a good man".
Obama knows what many of us aleady knew. George W. Bush IS a good man.
Obama also must appreciate what it feels like to be in a president's - namely GWB's - shoes.
But the last 15 seconds of Bush's speech defined him when he movingly got choked up between saying, "I will always believe America's best days lie ahead....God bless America."
God bless George W. Bush.
I didn't agree with everything he did but I believe he did what he thought was right for the country.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#893399 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats in Washington Conspire to Exempt Themselves from Obamacare
http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/25/republican...
Son you’re Idiot!! Again how many Republicans voted for Obamacare?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893400 Apr 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oppositional about Syria?
i must be posting to often. now i have a stalker.
but anyway....seems there may have been chemical weapons used. Obama needs to hold to his word and get to it.
better?
LOL, someone finally responds to you and they are a stalker? You are a little confused there bud.

You were throwing a fit yesterday about CNN and FOX carrying this news story. I thought is was a little bizarre. Not very well thought out.

I get the impression you are a failure at free thinking and rely too much on some website to tell you what your opinion should be.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893401 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, the Democrats voted to past ObamaCare-not the Republicans. It is the height of idiocy to pass a law, as the Dems did, and than ask to be exempt from it.
You surely can see the hypocrisy.
Starting in 2014, thanks to an amendment Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) successfully inserted into the Affordable Care Act to put Democrats in a political bind, members of Congress and personal staff — not committee staff — will be dropped from their federal health plan and have to buy insurance on state exchanges, which will launch next year.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/co...

oh yeah. i see it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893403 Apr 26, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
My purpose is not to defend Christianity, but to expose the evil of Islam.
Argue Christianity with someone who cares.
Extremism in/of anything is often never a good thing.

Mostly because it leads to unbalanced-ness....which leads to unstableness, which leads to stuff like failed statehoods, out-of-control budget deficits, and myriads of OTHER "warpedness" of behavorial issues per say.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893405 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is ironical about that?
i very rarely side with nutjobs.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#893407 Apr 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh barf. Did you see the part where Bill Clinton commented on the nude paintings?
lily boca can't keep her mind off nude paintings or her hands off new vodka bottles
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893408 Apr 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's nearly 10 AM and "I believe" I'll pop open a Silver Bullet.
George Bush Sr. doesn't look too good
WOW

Bronx, NY

#893409 Apr 26, 2013
Ukrainian Rutgers student arrested taking two IEDs into New York just a week before Boston Marathon bombing
Eight days before the Boston Marathon bombing, police in New Jersey arrested a man traveling into New York with two homemade devices
Rutgers student Mykyta

OUR LEADERS ARE ..........unspoken truth becomes a LIE you should have TOLD THE PUBLIC MAYBE IT WOULD HAVE STOPPED BOSTON,OBAMA YOU HAVE AMERICA UNSAFE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#893411 Apr 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't agree with everything he did but I believe he did what he thought was right for the country.
I'll bet you have a poster of him in your bedroom
Whatever

Gering, NE

#893413 Apr 26, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can help restore reality and logic to society, so please feel free to post away......:-)
Golly gee, thanks.:)
Not Even Surprizooooood

Pompano Beach, FL

#893415 Apr 26, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental illness is me!!! I am just one more personality in my long, long list of multiple personalities that display themselves all day. That is why I'm confined to an institution silly! I call them my topix sockpuppets!! I enjoy spending every day on my thread giving out multiple judgits with my wonderful socks to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I absolutely consider this thread "mine"!!!!!! And I thank you for enabling me to do this with your tax dollars!!!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#893417 Apr 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? None of us will be around to see the final verdict. That is what makes the LEFT hyperventilating to write History just plain dumb.
That's what's so kinda cool about the latest POTUS (Bush) library/museum.

Rather than "demanding" and trying to "tell" people what to think (which is such a patheTic thought to even have to waste a comprehensive braincellage moment on, that such idiocracy even exists)..it is geared to allow for people to view, study, THINK for themselves and form their OWN opinions!

Enlightened visions like that-makes me proud to be an American!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#893419 Apr 26, 2013
Leadville Lou, "You nor anybody else has one shred of proof any green scheme is doing one iota of good viv a vis AGW." WHO's being the moron and interminable bore now? LOL ! Is infinite planet thinking finally being rejected as destructive and based on mostly false notions on how human economies remain sustainable ? "Podesta highlighted just how far the world has come since the original MDGs were developed in 2000, citing the shift from a world easily classified into Global North and South, or developed and developing countries. Instead, the world now includes developing countries like Brazil and India who have large populations who require assistance, but are themselves donors and political forces. These changes, according to Podesta, require a new way of considering development and sustainable economic growth:

PODESTA: We know now that sustainable economic growth is not simply about increasing the size of national economies but about shaping enduring systems and institutions that respect the rights of individuals and give them the tools they need to help lift themselves out of poverty. Sustainable economic growth requires ensuring the poor have what I call “connectivity.”“Connectivity” broadly encompasses issues like access to health care, education, and job opportunities; connections to physical, social, and energy infrastructure; and the opportunity to actively participate in the civic and economic lives of their countries and to be recognized legally by their governments."Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/05/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min positronium 189,906
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Graham Cracker 51,764
amy 6-2 31 min RACE 29
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 900
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 5,256
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 53,607
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 70,045
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]