Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252780 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893256 Apr 25, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is an international terrorist conspiracy, not a religion, and all Muslims should be considered potential terrorists.
.... when a Christian “murders,” he acts in direct contravention of divine command. Fine: but what is murder? Is it “murder” to wage war to liberate the Holy Land? Or to obliterate the Cathars? Or to convert the Lithuanians? Or to reconquer Spain? I’m quite sure those who prosecuted those wars in the divine name would have been distinctly puzzled by the suggestion that their actions constituted murder – as opposed to justified killing. And, of course,“murder” is prohibited in every civilized society.

Meanwhile, it’s my people who wrote Psalm 137, a prayer for vengeance that ends with glee at the thought of dashing our enemies’ children’s brains on rocks. And yet, over the sweep of history since the rabbinic period, one would have to call the Jewish people among the least-prone to extreme inter-communal violence. We can debate the reasons for that historical fact, but what it should show at a minimum is that the syllogism,“violent texts are a primary cause of inter-communal violence,” needs some work.

Dreher and Sullivan alike are Christians. I’m not. They assume that Jesus’s call to “turn the other cheek” means that Christianity has acted as a historic brake on violence. As a Jew, I have to question that assumption. After all, the number of Christian countries in history that have been governed according to principles of non-violence is exactly zero. Someone from a religious tradition whose founding texts articulated rules about when violence is justified or permitted might look at the long history of Christian violence – not just violence by Christians, but violence undertaken with the Church’s encouragement and undertaken in the name of Jesus – and say: gee, maybe saying “turn the other cheek” backfires, makes all violence seem equally sinful, and therefore opens the gate to truly horrific behavior?

I’m not endorsing that view – I’m just saying that there are perfectly logical arguments that can be made that completely reverse the Christian apologetic claim that because Jesus preached non-violence and Muhammad (like Moses) led an army, therefore Christian civilization is inherently less-violent than Muslim (or Jewish?) civilization. Obviously, if you’re a Christian, you’ll find a Christian apologetic argument congenial. But that doesn’t mean it has analytical value.

For that matter, the United States was founded by genocidal racist slave-trading colonialists. Does that mean the Constitution is essentially and irredeemably racist? Isn’t that where the “bad book” theory logically leads?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/millma...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#893257 Apr 25, 2013
The Boy Messiah strikes another blow for Islam. His boy, Racist Eric Holder sticks his brown-nose where it doesn't belong once again.

http://tinyurl.com/d8pm68t

Allah Akbar and Praise the Boy Messiah.
nobamaredux

Mahomet, IL

#893258 Apr 25, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Occupy has a new target: the National Rifle Association. Check this out: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/o... "Demonstrators protesting the US Senate's inaction on gun violence gathered in Washington's McPherson Park on Thursday before marching to the front doors of five lobbying firms that have worked on behalf of the National Rifle Association. The payments those firms received from the NRA in 2012 were displayed on giant novelty checks that demonstrators held up for photo-ops in front of police officers guarding the entrances.
That wasn't the original plan, exactly. The protest's organizers, which included Occupy the NRA, Public Campaign, and CREDO*, had intended to drive a hearse full of caskets to the firms back on April 16. " Tell the U S Congress to stop working for the N.R.A.!
NRA - 1

Obama - 0
nobamaredux

Mahomet, IL

#893259 Apr 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
.... when a Christian “murders,” he acts in direct contravention of divine command. Fine: but what is murder? Is it “murder” to wage war to liberate the Holy Land? Or to obliterate the Cathars? Or to convert the Lithuanians? Or to reconquer Spain? I’m quite sure those who prosecuted those wars in the divine name would have been distinctly puzzled by the suggestion that their actions constituted murder – as opposed to justified killing. And, of course,“murder” is prohibited in every civilized society.
Meanwhile, it’s my people who wrote Psalm 137, a prayer for vengeance that ends with glee at the thought of dashing our enemies’ children’s brains on rocks. And yet, over the sweep of history since the rabbinic period, one would have to call the Jewish people among the least-prone to extreme inter-communal violence. We can debate the reasons for that historical fact, but what it should show at a minimum is that the syllogism,“violent texts are a primary cause of inter-communal violence,” needs some work.
Dreher and Sullivan alike are Christians. I’m not. They assume that Jesus’s call to “turn the other cheek” means that Christianity has acted as a historic brake on violence. As a Jew, I have to question that assumption. After all, the number of Christian countries in history that have been governed according to principles of non-violence is exactly zero. Someone from a religious tradition whose founding texts articulated rules about when violence is justified or permitted might look at the long history of Christian violence – not just violence by Christians, but violence undertaken with the Church’s encouragement and undertaken in the name of Jesus – and say: gee, maybe saying “turn the other cheek” backfires, makes all violence seem equally sinful, and therefore opens the gate to truly horrific behavior?
I’m not endorsing that view – I’m just saying that there are perfectly logical arguments that can be made that completely reverse the Christian apologetic claim that because Jesus preached non-violence and Muhammad (like Moses) led an army, therefore Christian civilization is inherently less-violent than Muslim (or Jewish?) civilization. Obviously, if you’re a Christian, you’ll find a Christian apologetic argument congenial. But that doesn’t mean it has analytical value.
For that matter, the United States was founded by genocidal racist slave-trading colonialists. Does that mean the Constitution is essentially and irredeemably racist? Isn’t that where the “bad book” theory logically leads?
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/millma...
Never compare a terrorist conspiracy like Islam to actual religions.
nobamaredux

Mahomet, IL

#893260 Apr 25, 2013
virginia wrote:
I want the presedent to run a nother term.
An armed and well-regulated militia will be necessary to remove the dictator from power following the expiration of his second term.
virginia

United States

#893261 Apr 25, 2013
And another thing why doesnt the presedent handle all the money payouts, do you know some people expect what is promised. If any one should handle this it should be batak oboma dilevering checks himself. To other contrys and senete take it from there. Does my presedent have no power geeeezzz..
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#893262 Apr 25, 2013
Obama (X)
Mitt Head(_)
virginia

United States

#893263 Apr 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
.... when a Christian “murders,” he acts in direct contravention of divine command. Fine: but what is murder? Is it “murder” to wage war to liberate the Holy Land? Or to obliterate the Cathars? Or to convert the Lithuanians? Or to reconquer Spain? I’m quite sure those who prosecuted those wars in the divine name would have been distinctly puzzled by the suggestion that their actions constituted murder – as opposed to justified killing. And, of course,“murder” is prohibited in every civilized society.
Meanwhile, it’s my people who wrote Psalm 137, a prayer for vengeance that ends with glee at the thought of dashing our enemies’ children’s brains on rocks. And yet, over the sweep of history since the rabbinic period, one would have to call the Jewish people among the least-prone to extreme inter-communal violence. We can debate the reasons for that historical fact, but what it should show at a minimum is that the syllogism,“violent texts are a primary cause of inter-communal violence,” needs some work.
Dreher and Sullivan alike are Christians. I’m not. They assume that Jesus’s call to “turn the other cheek” means that Christianity has acted as a historic brake on violence. As a Jew, I have to question that assumption. After all, the number of Christian countries in history that have been governed according to principles of non-violence is exactly zero. Someone from a religious tradition whose founding texts articulated rules about when violence is justified or permitted might look at the long history of Christian violence – not just violence by Christians, but violence undertaken with the Church’s encouragement and undertaken in the name of Jesus – and say: gee, maybe saying “turn the other cheek” backfires, makes all violence seem equally sinful, and therefore opens the gate to truly horrific behavior?
I’m not endorsing that view – I’m just saying that there are perfectly logical arguments that can be made that completely reverse the Christian apologetic claim that because Jesus preached non-violence and Muhammad (like Moses) led an army, therefore Christian civilization is inherently less-violent than Muslim (or Jewish?) civilization. Obviously, if you’re a Christian, you’ll find a Christian apologetic argument congenial. But that doesn’t mean it has analytical value.
For that matter, the United States was founded by genocidal racist slave-trading colonialists. Does that mean the Constitution is essentially and irredeemably racist? Isn’t that where the “bad book” theory logically leads?
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/millma...
so what is catholic? Cristian too we dont believe in killing, lieing stealing, and for me i dont believe in child malesters, i dont believe in brother and sister sleeping with each others boyfriends, I dont like family guy I also know its ok for me to fight just not kill
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#893264 Apr 25, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I tell you about posting here, skank tranny? Take your cavernous vag and move it on down the line....
since when do you own topix creature ? Go tell that to your shameless buddy waxman, who posts all day here under your tax dollars.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#893265 Apr 25, 2013
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text> since when do you own topix creature ? Go tell that to your shameless buddy waxman, who posts all day here under your tax dollars.
You have been reported to the news authorities for committing drag posting from the nation's capital...For Real...we only report the real news...For Real.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893266 Apr 25, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Never compare a terrorist conspiracy like Islam to actual religions.
Christianity is not a religion. it's bunch of superstitious crap written in book that pulls in the gullible so that it can feed it's self with their forever lost souls.

there's a very good reason that Christianity is the only religion with a secondary protagonist.
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#893267 Apr 25, 2013
Diane Sawyer wrote:
<quoted text> You have been reported to the news authorities for committing drag posting from the nation's capital...For Real...we only report the real news...For Real.
you will be reported for using a t.v news anchor name, we also report criminals.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#893270 Apr 25, 2013
www.joelstrumpet.com

Well, surprise, surprise. It has now become quite clear that the two brothers who committed the terrorist attack in Boston this past week were not merely radical Muslims, but Mahdists as well. This is to say that at least part of their worldview was formed by Islamic eschatological expectation concerning the Mahdi. In a video posted on the now deceased Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s YouTube account, we are taught about “The promised emergence of the black flags from the promised land of Khorasan”. The black flags, as I discuss in my book, Islamic Antichrist, are a reference to Muslim armies that are prophesied to come from the region of North-east Iran / Afghanistan / Pakistan under the leadership of the Mahdi. According to the video, these armies are now forming and will soon march to Jerusalem to establish the seat of global Islamic leadership from the Temple Mount. Despite the desperate efforts of the mainstream / left-wing media to downplay the foundational nature of Islam in the Tsarnaez brother’s worldview and murderous acts, what has happened once again on American soil is clear. The Islamists have hit us again. Meanwhile, large portions of the Church are all too determined to believe in conspiratorial syncretistic / improvisational apocalyptic theories, yet the reality of what is coming is right in front of us. Turn on the TV. Radical Islam is not going away. Denying reality or hiding our heads in the sand will not delay the inevitable.

See video:

Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#893272 Apr 25, 2013
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text> you will be reported for using a t.v news anchor name, we also report criminals.
I'm so glad you're able to report yourself. Now run along; I'm sure your next drag show will be any minute. We appreciate your stopping by to chat. We report the news as it happens, even if it is a real drag.
nobamaredux

Mahomet, IL

#893273 Apr 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is not a religion. it's bunch of superstitious crap written in book that pulls in the gullible so that it can feed it's self with their forever lost souls.
there's a very good reason that Christianity is the only religion with a secondary protagonist.
My purpose is not to defend Christianity, but to expose the evil of Islam.

Argue Christianity with someone who cares.
Diane Sawyer

Pompano Beach, FL

#893274 Apr 25, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I tink she been too long in da beltway...
She's actually quite well-known from a story we covered 46 years ago when she began her career. We don't just report good news, you know.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

Mahomet, IL

#893275 Apr 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
www.joelstrumpet.com
Well, surprise, surprise. It has now become quite clear that the two brothers who committed the terrorist attack in Boston this past week were not merely radical Muslims, but Mahdists as well. This is to say that at least part of their worldview was formed by Islamic eschatological expectation concerning the Mahdi. In a video posted on the now deceased Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s YouTube account, we are taught about “The promised emergence of the black flags from the promised land of Khorasan”. The black flags, as I discuss in my book, Islamic Antichrist, are a reference to Muslim armies that are prophesied to come from the region of North-east Iran / Afghanistan / Pakistan under the leadership of the Mahdi. According to the video, these armies are now forming and will soon march to Jerusalem to establish the seat of global Islamic leadership from the Temple Mount. Despite the desperate efforts of the mainstream / left-wing media to downplay the foundational nature of Islam in the Tsarnaez brother’s worldview and murderous acts, what has happened once again on American soil is clear. The Islamists have hit us again. Meanwhile, large portions of the Church are all too determined to believe in conspiratorial syncretistic / improvisational apocalyptic theories, yet the reality of what is coming is right in front of us. Turn on the TV. Radical Islam is not going away. Denying reality or hiding our heads in the sand will not delay the inevitable.
See video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uJknGtKV34IXX
The Boston bombers were also Obamabot welfare bums, now under the protection of Obama judges.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#893276 Apr 25, 2013
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text> you will be reported for using a t.v news anchor name, we also report criminals.
I know it happened to a registered user in the Topix Columbus Ohio Forum that was using a news anchor's name and all their post were removed.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#893277 Apr 25, 2013
Diane Sawyer wrote:
<quoted text> I'm so glad you're able to report yourself.
speak of the devil.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#893278 Apr 25, 2013
Last night (1/14/13) Bill O'Reilly devoted his "Factor Impact Segment of the day," (embedded below) to the limited coverage afforded Al Gore's sale of Current TV to Al-Jazeera.

Joined by Bernard Goldberg, both men were in high dudgeon against Gore's obvious hypocrisy given the fossil fuel-funded outrages (i.e., myriad examples of jihadism/Sharia supremacism, anti-Westernism, general xenophobia, and Jew-and broader infidel-hatred) aired routinely on Al-Jazeera's Arabic network, owned by the Sharia-supremacist, Islamic totalitarian government of Qatar.

But as if teeing up their hypocritical moral blindness for another devastating wallop at Fox by the Left's creepy little televangelist to the tetrahydrocannabinol-intoxicat ed, Jon Stewart, O'Reilly and Goldberg ignored News Corp (parent company of Fox News) CEO Rupert Murdoch's equally odious "partnerships, with Saudi Arabia and its Prince Bin Talal, the "Prince" holding a 7% share in Fox, while Murdoch has an 18.97% stake in Bin Talal's Rotana Media Group, and Al-Risala, Rotana's flagship religious broadcasting network. Al-Risala, Murdoch's Ikhwannabe TV, is just as rife (see this June, 2012 MEMRI report by Steve Stalinsky) with jihadism/Sharia supremacism, anti-Westernism, general xenophobia, and Jew-and broader infidel-hatred, as Al-Jazeera Arabic. Moreover, Bin-Talal's holding a 7% share in Fox has demonstrably bowdlerized the network's coverage of Islamic supremacism, in particular the role of Saudi Arabia in propagating jihad hatred, globally.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/01/l...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 192,564
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr USA people 54,013
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,937
9 dead 53 injured 4 hr Right Wing 10
abby7-7-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr White_Lightning 6,156
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr White_Lightning 5,332
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages