Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 41,007)

Showing posts 820,121 - 820,140 of1,072,500
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PDUPONT

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors are overtreating and overdiagnosing for one of two reasons - to protect their own butts or just because they can and get more money.
According to the World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems last produced in 2000, the United States came it at 37 just behind Costa Rica!!
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.h...
We have obviously mistaken quality health care for expensive procedures and expensive medication - of which both are many times totally unnecessary.
We're digging ourselves in a hole of ever increasing costs of expensive and unnecessary health care without even realizing it. Obamacare will not solve the real crisis of unaffordable and unnecessary health care.
Well Carol you're heading down the right track but to say that Obamacare won't do anything to reduce costs isn't really accurate. The preventive care mandate gives people a chance to visit the doctor for checkups that can catch health problems before they get more serious and expensive to treat. Our healthcare system up to now has been really good at the treatment of illnesses but not so good as keeping people well which in the long run will save money.
Let's also take some personal responsibility and not engage in practices that put us at risk like hitting McDonalds everyday for lunch. I like a good bacon cheeseburger as much as the next guy but I don't eat them on a regular basis.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
And Mr. Nappy doesn't lie? That's all this incompetent boob can do. Can't even say "Islamic Terrorists". Can't be that hard to say. Even a Constitutional Genius like Nappy could figure it out, but he's just dishonest, a fraud, and a charlatan.
Yet another slur slinging right whiner.

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Fox News?
Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being ...
thehill.com/.../294839-saudi-student-hurt-in-... ...
5 days ago – An administration official told The Hill that ICE officers have arrested a Saudi student in the Boston area for violating his visa by failing to sign up ...
Is this?
Boston Bombing Suspect: Police Raid Saudi Student's Home After ...
hollywoodlife.com/.../boston-bombing-suspect-... -...
Apr 16, 2013 – Police Raid Boston Home Of Saudi Student Held For Questioning ... suburbs of Boston, after a man was arrested at the scene of the explosions.
Or this?
Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being ...
www.democraticunderground.com/10022704010
1 post - 5 days ago
A Saudi student questioned in connection to the bombing of the Boston ... with another student from Saudi Arabia who was arrested by Immigration and ... The first Saudi student is not a suspect in the Boston bombings but was ...
Try again, you fail.
Ha Ha Ha

You fell for yet another Fox News lie.

That Saudi student was not deported . Not even considered for deportation.

My God, this was shown to be not true days ago & yet here you are still posting it.

Just how uninformed are you?

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
lie and another lie,$92 billion has been flushed down the drain on failed green energy programs, get your m head out of your butt and get educated.
What do you call these?
List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions
www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-obama-gr... ...
Sep 11, 2012 –(List of Obama Failed Green Energy Companies below). FLASHBACK: In July 2011, President Obama Touted A123 Systems As A ...
List of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies
We sorted the list in order of dollars offered by the Obama administration:
OFFERED COMPANY Heritage #
$1.6 billion Brightsource 17
$1.46 billion First Solar 7
$1.2 billion SunPower 6
$535 million Solyndra * 3
$529 million Fisker Automotive 11
$400 million Abound Solar * 12
$299 million Johnson Controls 15
$279 million A123 Systems * 13
$178 million Babcock and Brown 8
$151 million LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power 29
$126.2 million ECOtality 18
$118.5 million EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 * 9
$100 million Mascoma Corp. 34
$98.5 million Nevada Geothermal 5
$86 million Schneider Electric 16
$80 million Range Fuels * 23
$50 million Vestas 28
$43 million Beacon Power * 4
$39 million Navistar 31
$33 million Raser Technologies* 19
$25 million Evergreen Solar * 1
$20 million Konarka Technologies Inc.* 33
$16 million Nordic Windpower * 30
$13.3 million Energy Conversion Devices * 20
$10 million Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company * 22
$7 million Stirling Energy Systems * 25
$6.5 million Thompson River Power * 24
$5.9 million Amonix 10
$5.4 million Azure Dynamics * 26
$3 million Satcon * 32
$2 million Mountain Plaza, Inc.* 21
$700,981 Willard and Kelsey Solar Group * 14
$500,000 GreenVolts 27
$500,000 SpectraWatt * 2
No one, no where has ever proved it was in the taxpayers interests to flush this money down the toilet.
I think you need to go back to Elementary School and learn how to add.

These do not add up to the 92 billion you claim was wasted.

As for your list, I recognized Johnson Controls because I just read about the profits it made in the first quarter. You said they were bankrupt or faltering on bankruptcy.

Green initiatives that reduce our dependency on foreign oil means fewer dollars being exported from this country & spent in our economy.

Green initiatives that reduce emissions help with are pollution from coal generation plants that sicken & kill thousands of Americas every year.

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Please list a post where I defended a racist. I have defended the right of folks to speak their piece, I do not agree with much of the crap posted but the poster has the right to air his opinion.
Assholes like you would like to restrict the right of any to post thoughts alien to his thoughts.
Without a doubt you are most vilified poster on this thread, for every post you offer you get almost 2 posts directed at you pointing out your idiocy. I have to add about 6 or 7% of the posts that are directed to you support you, the posters from your bosum buddies, racists and haters.
Peace
KMA
You defend them all the time.

Yes people have the right to post racial slurs.

And I have the right o call them out for it.

Funny how you don't say squat about the slurs but constantly attack me for pointing them out.

Are you really this GD stupid Eed?

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

leadville lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you and Oblamer can be counted on to defend the non stop string of black racist killers, like these scumbags:
Fero's Bar And Grill Arson-Homicide: 5 Found Dead At Denver Bar
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../5-found-dead-at-in... ....
Oct 17, 2012 – DENVER — Denver police said they have no suspects in the killings of five people whose bodies were found at a neighborhood bar after it was ...
5 dead and burned Davey boy, 4 of them women, viciously and violently stabbed to death for no reason other than black hate.
The arrested perps? All Traygone and Oblamer look a likes.
I have never defended a murderer. I guess white people never ill anyone.
truman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha
You fell for yet another Fox News lie.
That Saudi student was not deported . Not even considered for deportation.
My God, this was shown to be not true days ago & yet here you are still posting it.
Just how uninformed are you?
Your asking for a FoxCultist to choose between the Truth and what they WANT to believe...when it comes down to that Truth doesnt stand a chance.
truman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy, it's called voter fraud plus every black that voted for him because of race which would be 99%, plus every latino and illegal alien in the country plus every welfare type with his hand out which equals every black and latino in the country. Oh, and every left wing freak like you gay boy. Quite a coalition. Now we have the most anti American left wing commie sonofabitch we've ever had in office.
Your obviously too dense to realize that the attitude you have towards so many other Americans (WHich has been spoon fed to your halt and lame ass by Fox the Koch Bros.Beck and Limbaugh)is EXACTLY why the Repubs lost and will continue to lose well past 2016.
Which is real good news for this Nation.
Your a Fool mis-led by Liars which is why you and your party are irrelevant Losers.
Deal with it dipsh*t
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to go back to Elementary School and learn how to add.
These do not add up to the 92 billion you claim was wasted.
As for your list, I recognized Johnson Controls because I just read about the profits it made in the first quarter. You said they were bankrupt or faltering on bankruptcy.
Green initiatives that reduce our dependency on foreign oil means fewer dollars being exported from this country & spent in our economy.
Green initiatives that reduce emissions help with are pollution from coal generation plants that sicken & kill thousands of Americas every year.
Why the right wing stooges waste their time dragging bogus lists and other nonsense from forum to forum is beyond me. Those are loan guarantee amounts, most of those companies didn't use the entire amount, some didn't use any.

First Solar's stock price nearly doubled this month.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? you do know there is a navy build up going on in the Arabian Sea which would bring 3 carrier strike groups in the regional operational theater, which by mostly military accounts is a war footing.
You know that those 3 carrier groups will have more fire power between them and all the world's navies combined?
I doubt you have anything to worry about Iran, I have a feeling when those ships are in place you are going to get a inspection, compliance and a lot of other boot licking or at the very least Israel is going to bomb the sites while we sit there daring Iran to do something in response.
There is only one carrier group in the region at this time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

GOP quits public policy

Evidence reveals that today's conservatives have been historically bad at writing bills or developing an agenda

Are Republicans even trying? There’s good evidence to suggest they are not.

While I’ve been saying that the GOP is broken and hopelessly dysfunctional, Rachel Maddow has come up with a new name for part of that dysfunction: Republicans are “post-policy.” To some extent, that’s because they’ll simply oppose whatever Barack Obama proposes, but there’s also an even more interesting aspect of it that they simply have given up on and lost the capacity for developing policy ideas.

And, no, it’s not just because they are conservatives and conservatives are inherently less likely to have policy ideas. A look at the evidence will demonstrate this.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/23/gop_quits_pub...

My guess is that the Republican-aligned partisan press is just so easy on Republican politicians that they’ve all become lazy. If all you have to do to be a favorite guest on Fox News or on syndicated conservative talk radio is to mutter something vague about Benghazi and make a teleprompter joke, what’s the incentive of doing the hard work of actually writing a bill?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
A recent Post-ABC poll found among registered voters GW Bush's approval rating today is equal to President Obama’s at 47%.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/0...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...
Good. He deserves that.
Night.
There is the possibility that events of the last five years have made Bush’s star shine a little brighter, relatively speaking. In Bush’s last year in office his party’s reputation was likened by retiring Rep. Tom Davis to “dog food” that ought to be taken off the shelf. Today it’s still on the shelf and isn’t any fresher after being pitched by salesmen like John McCain and Mitt Romney. Republicans have reason to be a little wistful for the Bush years. And there’s a feeling among centrists that whatever his mistakes, the party Bush led wasn’t as nasty as it has since become.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/george...

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Conservative Paranoid Mind

ThereÂ’s a common thread linking conservativesÂ’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Liberals and civil libertarians shouldn’t yet be saying that there’s utterly no way that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be declared an “enemy combatant.” The post-9/11 law, whatever one’s opinion of it, does say that an American citizen affiliated with al Qaeda, the Taliban,“or associated forces” engaged in hostility with the United States can be declared an enemy combatant. It doesn’t seem like he’s that, but who knows, he may shock everyone when he comes to by saying that he and his brother were precisely that.

But it isnÂ’t liberals who are jumping the gun here. As usual, conservatives are rushing to judgment, shredding the Constitution, using the bombing as an pretext for derailing immigration reform, and generally seeking any excuse to reimpose their paranoid and authoritarian worldview, which needs fear like a vampire needs blood, on the rest of us.

....The common thread through all of this is the conservative need to instill and maintain a level of fear in the populace. They need to make gun owners fear that Dianne Feinstein and her SWAT team are going to come knocking on their doors, or, less amusingly, that they have to be armed to the teeth for that inevitable day when the government declares a police state. They need to whip up fear of immigrants, because unless we do, itÂ’s going to be nothing but terrorists coming through those portals, and for good measure, because, as Ann Coulter and others have recently said, the proposed law would create millions of voting Democrats (gee, I wonder why!).

And with regard to terrorism, they need people to live in fear of the next attack, because fear makes people think about death, and thinking about death makes people more likely to endorse tough-guy, law-and-order, Constitution-shredding actions undertaken on their behalf. This is how we lived under Bush and Cheney for years. This fear is basically what enabled the Iraq War to take place. Public opinion didnÂ’t support that war at first. But once they got the public afraid with all that false talk of mushroom clouds, the needle zoomed past 50 percent, and it was bombs away.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether itÂ’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, itÂ’s how the conservative mind works. I donÂ’t even think itÂ’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesnÂ’t mean theyÂ’re there, and it most definitely doesnÂ’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...
Why do you like a politician telling you how to live, what to eat, how much to drink, what to drive, etc?

Why do you like to be a slave?

Conservatives only want freedom.

But you Liberals have no clue what we meant by freedom nor care to know until you loose it then it will be too late.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's get the vote out campaign was three years in the making.
It's one of the advantages of being an incumbent but, in this president's case, pure luck had a lot to do with it.
Romney did a great job campaigning for the re election of the President. Thanks Mitt.
His son said his father didn't want to be President. He was just messing with you.
That 47% video, nailed it. Thank you to Jimmy Carters grandson! and the waiter who filmed it. It was absolute perfection.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and even with sort of the right wing nonsense pushed by every right wing nutjob media entity he stills wins the election.
figure that out.
There is nothing to figure out. there are a lot of stupid people in this country that will vote against their best interests. A lot of people, both times, voted for him because he is black. They didn't listen to a word he said. They just wanted to vote for the black man. don't expect that to happen again. The novelty has worn off.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Conservative Paranoid Mind

ThereÂ’s a common thread linking conservativesÂ’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Liberals and civil libertarians shouldn’t yet be saying that there’s utterly no way that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be declared an “enemy combatant.” The post-9/11 law, whatever one’s opinion of it, does say that an American citizen affiliated with al Qaeda, the Taliban,“or associated forces” engaged in hostility with the United States can be declared an enemy combatant. It doesn’t seem like he’s that, but who knows, he may shock everyone when he comes to by saying that he and his brother were precisely that.

But it isnÂ’t liberals who are jumping the gun here. As usual, conservatives are rushing to judgment, shredding the Constitution, using the bombing as an pretext for derailing immigration reform, and generally seeking any excuse to reimpose their paranoid and authoritarian worldview, which needs fear like a vampire needs blood, on the rest of us.

....The common thread through all of this is the conservative need to instill and maintain a level of fear in the populace. They need to make gun owners fear that Dianne Feinstein and her SWAT team are going to come knocking on their doors, or, less amusingly, that they have to be armed to the teeth for that inevitable day when the government declares a police state. They need to whip up fear of immigrants, because unless we do, itÂ’s going to be nothing but terrorists coming through those portals, and for good measure, because, as Ann Coulter and others have recently said, the proposed law would create millions of voting Democrats (gee, I wonder why!).

And with regard to terrorism, they need people to live in fear of the next attack, because fear makes people think about death, and thinking about death makes people more likely to endorse tough-guy, law-and-order, Constitution-shredding actions undertaken on their behalf. This is how we lived under Bush and Cheney for years. This fear is basically what enabled the Iraq War to take place. Public opinion didnÂ’t support that war at first. But once they got the public afraid with all that false talk of mushroom clouds, the needle zoomed past 50 percent, and it was bombs away.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether itÂ’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, itÂ’s how the conservative mind works. I donÂ’t even think itÂ’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesnÂ’t mean theyÂ’re there, and it most definitely doesnÂ’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...
Obama to charge Internet taxes on all of us after promising would never raise taxes on middle class.

Liberals are happy to pay more higher and higher taxes until they destroy the internet.

Liberals will also allow the government to keep track of everything we but online under the excuse of tax liability tracking.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Why the right wing stooges waste their time dragging bogus lists and other nonsense from forum to forum is beyond me. Those are loan guarantee amounts, most of those companies didn't use the entire amount, some didn't use any.
First Solar's stock price nearly doubled this month.
Because Beck told them to! Like good little dittoheads, they call the radio shows with their prepared notes from Beck, but, when some smart person challenges them, they totally fall apart and say the same shyt that these morans do. They start stuttering and saying "yeah, what about Ted Kennedy, huh? yeah, yeah, and Bill Clinton and and and, yeah that Bill Ayers? huh? and Solyndra, community organizer, kenyan communist...." same script, every effing day.

BTW, the judge told BOA that they have to prove that the squatter was personally served with eviction papers in the case of the Boca Raton mansion! The plot thickens.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
While most people were horrified by New York State Senator Greg Ball’s call for torturing Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Sean Hannity didn’t have a discouraging word when he hosted Ball last night on Fox’ Hannity show. Ironically, Hannity was talking up “enhanced interrogation” and waterboarding on the very night that marked four years since he had said he’d undergo it for charity (to prove that it’s not torture) and yet hasn’t.
http://www.newshounds.us/hannity_hearts_call_...
Quel surpris! He likes to be spanked as well, along with Michelle Malkin;
rightwingers are so twisted.
Did you see the bombers mother? "Because he Muslim, they killed him. I am mother", oh please, she can't come back here because she skipped out on the court date for that little shoplifting spree at Lord and Taylor!!
She never mentioned that her sons are killers, let her stay there.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Beck told them to! Like good little dittoheads, they call the radio shows with their prepared notes from Beck, but, when some smart person challenges them, they totally fall apart and say the same shyt that these morans do. They start stuttering and saying "yeah, what about Ted Kennedy, huh? yeah, yeah, and Bill Clinton and and and, yeah that Bill Ayers? huh? and Solyndra, community organizer, kenyan communist...." same script, every effing day.
BTW, the judge told BOA that they have to prove that the squatter was personally served with eviction papers in the case of the Boca Raton mansion! The plot thickens.
ATTENTION: Fellow non-Socilists who believe in freedom here

Do you watch Glenn Beck like this lunatic lily says?

I know I don't. On the other hand, Glenn Beck is more sane than lily, the nutjob.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama to charge Internet taxes on all of us after promising would never raise taxes on middle class.
Liberals are happy to pay more higher and higher taxes until they destroy the internet.
Liberals will also allow the government to keep track of everything we but online under the excuse of tax liability tracking.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
Yup, that's right buster; every box of bullets you buy is being recorded. Better watch it. Oh, and those videos you bought? They've got that too, fireworks? Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 820,121 - 820,140 of1,072,500
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Mothra 45,508
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min LRS 173,668
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 31 min current crisis 97,441
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 67,536
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Chet 48,693
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 399
Abby 7-11 1 hr Mister Tonka 15
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:19AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters