Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#892298 Apr 24, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Boston bombing: citizen video-analysts create major problems for controlled media

You’re a reporter for a TV news outlet.

You’ve become aware of a disturbing trend. Thousands of private citizens are now analyzing video and photographs of crime scenes and posting their findings.

They’re hounds, and they can’t be stopped. They’re looking at news footage, casual video, photos, and what they’re coming up with challenges the official story lines your network pushes.

Some of the their analysis is ridiculous, but some of it isn’t.

For example, video footage of the first bomb in Boston doesn’t appear to show any shrapnel damage to the fencing near the explosion, or to the blue canopy just above the street. You, the reporter, wonder about that.

The now-famous 78-year-old runner who fell down in the street, just after the first explosion? Security personnel wearing yellow jackets were standing closer to the bomb, but they didn’t wobble or duck or waver. You, the reporter, wonder about that, too.

You, the reporter, see a photo of a storefront which was presumably right next to the first bomb. The windows are blown out. But all the glass is lying in the street, which would indicate the force of the explosion was coming from inside the store. How is that possible, you ask yourself.

Then there are the quickly circulating photos of the man in the wheelchair. He’s missing large parts of both legs. People are pushing the chair. His legs are bleeding. But other posted photos? Do they show he already was wearing prosthetics? Is it true he should already be dead from the massive blood loss? You, the reporter, are disturbed by this.

You also look at several photos of the pressure-cooker bomb. In the twisted metal remains, you see discoloration, but no signs the nails or ball bearings in the bomb penetrated the pressure cooker or pitted it or ended up embedded in it.

You look at photos of men standing near the Marathon finish line, the men in identical uniforms, who have variously been described as Navy Seals, Coast Guard, and Craft International security personnel.

What were they doing there? Running a drill? Watching suspects or patsies or bomb-planters? What was going on?

You look at a photo of the younger Tsarnaev brother leaving the scene after the bombs went off. He’s still…wearing his backpack? And another photo, the one of the ripped-apart backpack on the ground. Is that a white square on it? Because one of the Seal-Craft-Coast Guard guys had a white square on his intact backpack…and is that him, leaving the scene of the bombing without that backpack? Hmmm…

You, the reporter, now face several quandaries.

First, if you decide to look into all this, you’ll have to do actual work...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/boston-bo...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892299 Apr 24, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, abdul. You fire up your pressure cooker today?
you see where bomber #1 was an Infowars fan?

no wonder he was so pissed off. had his head full of right wing conspiracy theories.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#892300 Apr 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican-controlled legislatures in several states have passed or introduced bills that would prohibit state-run health insurance exchanges from covering abortion in any of their plans. But Pennsylvania State Rep. Brian Sims (D) attempted to halt such a bill in his state on Tuesday with a scathing speech about freedom and personal responsibility.
"This legislation is about advancing an ideology of oppression and suppression, even if such a plan means ignoring the oath of office that each of us swore," Sims told his colleagues during a floor debate in the House of Representatives. "As a reminder, Mr. Speaker, I do believe this has been forgotten entirely by many of my colleagues today: Each of us put our hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. We did not place our hands on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/bria...
"I'm not sure how I find myself in this room of all rooms as one of the men who respects women the most, but as is so often the case, I see that respect for the person and personal responsibility is clearly more of a slogan than a reality. For these reasons, as well as those given by my colleagues, I ask that members vote no on House Bill 881 and reaffirm the constitution, the freedom of marketplace, and freedom from an oppressive legislature."
ObamaCare is unraveling.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#892301 Apr 24, 2013
This is going to send them spinning!

Runaway Slave
by
Rev. C.L. Bryant

Find it and watch it today!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#892303 Apr 24, 2013
O’Care pot, Meet O’Care kettle
April 23, 2013

We never thought we’d say this, but we feel Kathleen Sebelius’s pain.

Up to a point.

Obama’s Health and Human Services secretary recently found herself in the hot seat when Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus grilled her over reports that ObamaCare may not be ready for prime time when it kicks in fully next January.

ON BEHALF OF SMALL-BUSINESS OWNERS, BAUCUS WARNED OF “A HUGE TRAIN WRECK COMING DOWN.”

Now, we’ve never been fans of Sebelius, but we’d forgive her for rolling her eyes on this one. If the Affordable Care Act is so full of contradictions that an on-schedule debut is proving impossible, Baucus might take a good look in the mirror.

Because unlike other lawmakers — who might justifiably complain they weren’t given time to read the 2,000-page bill before it passed — Baucus has no such excuse: HE WAS OBAMACARE'S PRIMARY AUTHOR.

We’re not surprised to see him now turn on Sebelius. That’s far easier than ’fessing up to the truth, which is that ALL THOSE WHO PUSHED THROUGH OBAMACARE UNDERSTOOD THAT IF AMERICANS KNEW THE DETAILS, IT COULD NEVER HAVE PASSED.

WITH THE FACTS NOW COMING OUT, BAUCUS THIS WEEK ANNOUNCED HE WOULD NOT RUN FOR RE-ELECTION.

He’s not the only one looking for cover. Cracks are appearing everywhere, and the rats are jumping ship faster than you can say “rising insurance rates.”

West Virginia’s Jay Rockefeller now whines that the health bill he, too, pushed through is “beyond comprehension.”

Last month, 33 Senate Democrats voted to repeal the ObamaCare tax on medical devices.

And the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers International, which backed Obama in 2008 and 2012, is now calling for repeal because it will raise the cost of insuring its members.

We’re making progress. At least they didn’t blame George W. Bush.

O’Care pot, Meet O’Care kettle - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#892304 Apr 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is one of my personal favorite cooking utensils!! That and crock pots!! Have you seen my tupperware video??
If anyone is interested I will be selling Tupperware from my room on the psych ward for the entire week coming up!! I am the top Tupperware seller here in my embarrassing hidden location. Here I am doing what I do best, when I'm not here on Topix, judging all your posts that is!! They call me Aunt Tony C! Just another moniker I suppose!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =l8-fvyq7yZYXX
Leave your phone numbers in my Topix private messaging box if you're interested.
Call me!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#892305 Apr 24, 2013
Mars One starts search for first humans on Mars in 2023
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892306 Apr 24, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>ObamaCare is unraveling.
oh sure. and how many times have the Republicans try to repeal it? 40?
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#892307 Apr 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning doll! Have you taken Homer 2016's place today? What are you wearing sugar-britches?
Hugs, Not Surprized!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#892310 Apr 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
My puppets seem angry today. My Indianapolis sock especially. He has come back with a vengeance!! Poor For Real. Four and a half years of misery and counting. He was always one of my favorite and most manly sockpuppets. I like to think of him as a ladykiller!!
So happy he's resurfacing!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Not Surprized!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#892311 Apr 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I'm implying I don't have a freakin clue what's going on on this thread as I am swamped and overwhelmed with the amount of sockpuppets I now have. I don't know if I'm coming or going!!!!
Did I even say that??
Confused, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#892313 Apr 24, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Well my wonderful topix family, it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the "tranquilizing chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I will also be having that evaluation with my psychiatrist later. I'll fill you all in later!!!!
I think I've overdone it already today with all the many judgits and my multitude of sockpuppets already. I got overly excited and now need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!!
Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return! As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP adresses are a must as well!!!!
Later friends! Not Surprized!
PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE, BOYS!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#892314 Apr 24, 2013
flack wrote:
This is going to send them spinning!
Runaway Slave
by
Rev. C.L. Bryant
Find it and watch it today!!!
Don't forget to wear your robes & hoods.

Flack's hosting in his $20k home theater.

Tonight only.

Starring Glenn Beck & Andrew Breitbart.

Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwww
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#892315 Apr 24, 2013
Senator Rand Paul’s celebrated filibuster of the nomination of CIA Director John Brennan over the Obama administration’s unclear stance on lethal drone strikes on Americans on U.S. soil (which was cleared up slightly) apparently meant absolutely nothing. He has now contradicted himself entirely and stated that he supports the idea of drones killing Americans without charge or trial...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/rand-paul...

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#892318 Apr 24, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Senator Rand Paul’s celebrated filibuster of the nomination of CIA Director John Brennan over the Obama administration’s unclear stance on lethal drone strikes on Americans on U.S. soil (which was cleared up slightly) apparently meant absolutely nothing. He has now contradicted himself entirely and stated that he supports the idea of drones killing Americans without charge or trial...
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/rand-paul...
Rand Paul is an idiot.

Really, does the President have the authority to kill Americans on American soil by helicopter? Sniper? Bulldozer???

My God, you right whiners have a fit about drones. You people are dumber than sh*t.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#892322 Apr 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You defend them all the time.
Yes people have the right to post racial slurs.
And I have the right o call them out for it.
Funny how you don't say squat about the slurs but constantly attack me for pointing them out.
Are you really this GD stupid Eed?
"real dumb"
One more time you prove yourself a phoney sonofabitch. You accuse folks of racism but offer no proof.
I have on a number of occasions taken racists to task. Ask "silly" who has on a number of occasions acknowledged and agreed with my posts. Speaking of commenting on racist posters I have commented several times on your blatant racism.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#892323 Apr 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never defended a murderer. I guess white people never ill anyone.
"real dumb"
Way to go. You offer another racist post.
Peace
KMA

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#892324 Apr 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to wear your robes & hoods.
Flack's hosting in his $20k home theater.
Tonight only.
Starring Glenn Beck & Andrew Breitbart.
Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwww
Hey, I heard Robert Byrd's family has set up a nice little family industry selling memorabilia from years of accumulated KKK paraphernalia. Now's your chance boy, go for it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#892326 Apr 24, 2013
Who keeps proven Obama’s incompetence ‘Obama’ gotta love it!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892327 Apr 24, 2013
Chechens and American Hawks, an Interesting Alliance

"Although support for the Chechen independence movement is bipartisan, that troublesome little sect known as the neoconservatives has actively backed the Chechen cause from the get-go: an impressive list of prominent neocons, including Bill Kristol, sits on the board of the Chechens’ principal US propaganda outfit, the American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus (formerly the American Committee for Peace in Chechnya). According to Glen Howard, head of the Jamestown Foundation, a neocon outfit focused on Central Asia, the Chechens aren’t Islamist terrorists, they’re just cuddly “nationalists” rebelling against a Russia that has gone “fascist.”“The Russians are trying to treat Chechen separatism through the prism of 9/11 and terror rather than as a nationalist movement that has been defying Kremlin rule for 200 years,” says Howard. This analytical premise, however, doesn’t seem to apply to, say, Afghanistan."

This may explain why the FBI didn’t put Tamarlan Tsarnaev under surveillance after Russian intelligence informed them that he held six(!) meetings with a Chechen Salafist militant during his trip to Dagestan. There may well be a lot of opportunities for self-radicalization via the Internet for alienated young Sunni Muslims, but in this case there is also a real trail to leading to established foreign groups with a record of terrorism. The trouble seems to be that the FBI ignored it, despite specific warnings. Why?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/cheche...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Learn to Read 178,136
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Mandela 68,519
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Stpitalredi 49,884
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min Frijoles 69,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Stuart Cudahy 46,747
hy 5 hr badstuber 1
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr andet1987 4,726
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info