Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892208 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Beyond Fox News
Meet the post-movement conservatives.
Perhaps post-movement conservatism won’t accomplish much in practical political terms, but in nurturing a fertile intellectual tradition it may well do more good for the country than all the political campaigns of the last decade.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
well, liar, gonna tell us how much you watch Fox news?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892209 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's get the vote out campaign was three years in the making.
It's one of the advantages of being an incumbent but, in this president's case, pure luck had a lot to do with it.
bullshit.

you just keep fooling yourself about the loser and the network that backed him because you can't admit that the lies told by both sunk the ship.

and your Bush apology tour just makes you seem even more hopelessly lost in the lies told by the right wing media.

no one is buying it beyond those who already have. stop wasting your time. you will not change any minds with your repetitive FOX parroting. it's so transparent as to what you're trying to do, and you act like you're all sly or something. you're not that smart.

deal with the inadequacies of the current right wing movement and get on with reality.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#892210 Apr 23, 2013
A recent Post-ABC poll found among registered voters GW Bush's approval rating today is equal to President Obama’s at 47%.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/0...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...

Good. He deserves that.

Night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892211 Apr 23, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
well, liar, gonna tell us how much you watch Fox news?
i'm beyond it. much as you wingnuts should be if you want to get back into the WH. FOX doesn't want you there. they don't make as much money with a Republican.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

#892212 Apr 23, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
If president nobama has created millions of jobs why are fewer American's working? Why did 1/2 million American's leave the work force last month? Why are millions more American's getting food stamps? Why did the economy shrink in the 1st. quarter of this year?
Peace
KMA
Cause they lazy and dont want to work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#892213 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm beyond it. much as you wingnuts should be if you want to get back into the WH. FOX doesn't want you there. they don't make as much money with a Republican.
Good point, all their income comes from right wing drones who preach about a better way without having to put into practice. After all in practice is the memory of Bush & co with needless wars and a wpr;d wide economic collapse. Not exactly good copy day in day out, so all the money is made convincing the converted that Obama is heading the same way again without it actually happening. lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Always Right

United States

#892215 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
A recent Post-ABC poll found among registered voters GW Bush's approval rating today is equal to President Obama’s at 47%.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/0...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...
Good. He deserves that.
Night.
and who is the current president carol? Does it really matter where bush's approval rating stands at? he is history, and most americans know the failure he was as president, turn the page, it's time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#892216 Apr 23, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe... I win, 2-0
Yep. You're a winner, alright:>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#892218 Apr 24, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry S. Truman kept a desk placard in the Oval Office that read "The Buck Stops Here"
When the Jerk-In-Chief saw it for the first time, he shook like Satan would after getting hit with Holy Water.
It's long gone.
You wing nuts really like to make crap up don't you? Harry Truman's sign has been in the Truman Library since 1957, four years before Barack Obama was born.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#892219 Apr 24, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
massive lawsuits and idiotic liberal juries have resulted in many expensive tests to be run so the doctors can protect themselves.
Thanks, liberals.
Another lie that the right wing likes to trot out.

One of the principal myths surrounding medical malpractice is its effect on overall health care costs. Medical malpractice is actually a tiny percentage of health care costs, in part because medical malpractice claims are far less frequent than many people believe.
In 2004, the CBO calculated malpractice costs amounted to “less than 2 percent of overall health care spending. Thus, even a reduction of 25 percent to 30 percent in malpractice costs would lower health care costs by only about 0.4 percent to 0.5 percent, and the likely effect on health insurance premiums would be comparably small.” i
Five years later, the CBO revisited the issue of medical negligence costs. This time, they attempted to account for the indirect costs of medical negligence, mainly the idea that doctors order extra tests to avoid liability. Again, the CBO found that tort reform would only save 0.5 percent of all health care costs.
Other authorities have also found that the direct costs associated with medical negligence are a tiny fraction of health care costs. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), the total amount of money spent defending claims and compensating victims of medical negligence in 2010 was $5.8 billion, or just 0.3 percent of the $2.6 trillion spent on health care in the U.S. that same year.
www.justice.org ›...› Newsroom › Issue Resources › Medical Negligence

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#892220 Apr 24, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Douchebag, would you rather be waterboarded or blown to smithereens by an illegal Obama drone?
You're just another imbecile who doesn't get that dealing with an active combatant is different than dealing with a prisoner. Water boarding is torture and prohibited by the Geneva Conventions whereas firing a missile from a drone is no more illegal than firing one from an F-16. If we can take out an enemy without putting our people in harm's way then what's the problem? There will be civilian casualties either way just like there were during the invasion of Iraq.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#892221 Apr 24, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass liar, Mubarek had the religious nuts under control, a good thing. My god you're stupid.
So did Saddam Hussein moron, but the neo cons didn't figure that into their equation when they decided to use US forces to get rid of them. That worked out really well. The difference is that it was the Egyptian people that decided Mubarak had to go, not a foreign power.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#892222 Apr 24, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors are overtreating and overdiagnosing for one of two reasons - to protect their own butts or just because they can and get more money.
According to the World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems last produced in 2000, the United States came it at 37 just behind Costa Rica!!
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.h...
We have obviously mistaken quality health care for expensive procedures and expensive medication - of which both are many times totally unnecessary.
We're digging ourselves in a hole of ever increasing costs of expensive and unnecessary health care without even realizing it. Obamacare will not solve the real crisis of unaffordable and unnecessary health care.
Well Carol you're heading down the right track but to say that Obamacare won't do anything to reduce costs isn't really accurate. The preventive care mandate gives people a chance to visit the doctor for checkups that can catch health problems before they get more serious and expensive to treat. Our healthcare system up to now has been really good at the treatment of illnesses but not so good as keeping people well which in the long run will save money.
Let's also take some personal responsibility and not engage in practices that put us at risk like hitting McDonalds everyday for lunch. I like a good bacon cheeseburger as much as the next guy but I don't eat them on a regular basis.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#892223 Apr 24, 2013
Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
And Mr. Nappy doesn't lie? That's all this incompetent boob can do. Can't even say "Islamic Terrorists". Can't be that hard to say. Even a Constitutional Genius like Nappy could figure it out, but he's just dishonest, a fraud, and a charlatan.
Yet another slur slinging right whiner.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#892224 Apr 24, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Fox News?
Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being ...
thehill.com/.../294839-saudi-student-hurt-in-... ...
5 days ago – An administration official told The Hill that ICE officers have arrested a Saudi student in the Boston area for violating his visa by failing to sign up ...
Is this?
Boston Bombing Suspect: Police Raid Saudi Student's Home After ...
hollywoodlife.com/.../boston-bombing-suspect-... -...
Apr 16, 2013 – Police Raid Boston Home Of Saudi Student Held For Questioning ... suburbs of Boston, after a man was arrested at the scene of the explosions.
Or this?
Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being ...
www.democraticunderground.com/10022704010
1 post - 5 days ago
A Saudi student questioned in connection to the bombing of the Boston ... with another student from Saudi Arabia who was arrested by Immigration and ... The first Saudi student is not a suspect in the Boston bombings but was ...
Try again, you fail.
Ha Ha Ha

You fell for yet another Fox News lie.

That Saudi student was not deported . Not even considered for deportation.

My God, this was shown to be not true days ago & yet here you are still posting it.

Just how uninformed are you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#892225 Apr 24, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
lie and another lie,$92 billion has been flushed down the drain on failed green energy programs, get your m head out of your butt and get educated.
What do you call these?
List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions
www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-obama-gr... ...
Sep 11, 2012 –(List of Obama Failed Green Energy Companies below). FLASHBACK: In July 2011, President Obama Touted A123 Systems As A ...
List of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies
We sorted the list in order of dollars offered by the Obama administration:
OFFERED COMPANY Heritage #
$1.6 billion Brightsource 17
$1.46 billion First Solar 7
$1.2 billion SunPower 6
$535 million Solyndra * 3
$529 million Fisker Automotive 11
$400 million Abound Solar * 12
$299 million Johnson Controls 15
$279 million A123 Systems * 13
$178 million Babcock and Brown 8
$151 million LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power 29
$126.2 million ECOtality 18
$118.5 million EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 * 9
$100 million Mascoma Corp. 34
$98.5 million Nevada Geothermal 5
$86 million Schneider Electric 16
$80 million Range Fuels * 23
$50 million Vestas 28
$43 million Beacon Power * 4
$39 million Navistar 31
$33 million Raser Technologies* 19
$25 million Evergreen Solar * 1
$20 million Konarka Technologies Inc.* 33
$16 million Nordic Windpower * 30
$13.3 million Energy Conversion Devices * 20
$10 million Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company * 22
$7 million Stirling Energy Systems * 25
$6.5 million Thompson River Power * 24
$5.9 million Amonix 10
$5.4 million Azure Dynamics * 26
$3 million Satcon * 32
$2 million Mountain Plaza, Inc.* 21
$700,981 Willard and Kelsey Solar Group * 14
$500,000 GreenVolts 27
$500,000 SpectraWatt * 2
No one, no where has ever proved it was in the taxpayers interests to flush this money down the toilet.
I think you need to go back to Elementary School and learn how to add.

These do not add up to the 92 billion you claim was wasted.

As for your list, I recognized Johnson Controls because I just read about the profits it made in the first quarter. You said they were bankrupt or faltering on bankruptcy.

Green initiatives that reduce our dependency on foreign oil means fewer dollars being exported from this country & spent in our economy.

Green initiatives that reduce emissions help with are pollution from coal generation plants that sicken & kill thousands of Americas every year.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#892226 Apr 24, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Please list a post where I defended a racist. I have defended the right of folks to speak their piece, I do not agree with much of the crap posted but the poster has the right to air his opinion.
Assholes like you would like to restrict the right of any to post thoughts alien to his thoughts.
Without a doubt you are most vilified poster on this thread, for every post you offer you get almost 2 posts directed at you pointing out your idiocy. I have to add about 6 or 7% of the posts that are directed to you support you, the posters from your bosum buddies, racists and haters.
Peace
KMA
You defend them all the time.

Yes people have the right to post racial slurs.

And I have the right o call them out for it.

Funny how you don't say squat about the slurs but constantly attack me for pointing them out.

Are you really this GD stupid Eed?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#892227 Apr 24, 2013
leadville lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you and Oblamer can be counted on to defend the non stop string of black racist killers, like these scumbags:
Fero's Bar And Grill Arson-Homicide: 5 Found Dead At Denver Bar
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../5-found-dead-at-in... ....
Oct 17, 2012 – DENVER — Denver police said they have no suspects in the killings of five people whose bodies were found at a neighborhood bar after it was ...
5 dead and burned Davey boy, 4 of them women, viciously and violently stabbed to death for no reason other than black hate.
The arrested perps? All Traygone and Oblamer look a likes.
I have never defended a murderer. I guess white people never ill anyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
truman

Boise, ID

#892228 Apr 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha
You fell for yet another Fox News lie.
That Saudi student was not deported . Not even considered for deportation.
My God, this was shown to be not true days ago & yet here you are still posting it.
Just how uninformed are you?
Your asking for a FoxCultist to choose between the Truth and what they WANT to believe...when it comes down to that Truth doesnt stand a chance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
truman

Boise, ID

#892230 Apr 24, 2013
Masama Muhfugger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy, it's called voter fraud plus every black that voted for him because of race which would be 99%, plus every latino and illegal alien in the country plus every welfare type with his hand out which equals every black and latino in the country. Oh, and every left wing freak like you gay boy. Quite a coalition. Now we have the most anti American left wing commie sonofabitch we've ever had in office.
Your obviously too dense to realize that the attitude you have towards so many other Americans (WHich has been spoon fed to your halt and lame ass by Fox the Koch Bros.Beck and Limbaugh)is EXACTLY why the Repubs lost and will continue to lose well past 2016.
Which is real good news for this Nation.
Your a Fool mis-led by Liars which is why you and your party are irrelevant Losers.
Deal with it dipsh*t

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques Ottawa 181,702
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 2 hr Sublime1 19
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 5 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 5 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance