Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
819,901 - 819,920 of 1,084,542 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Boston bombing suspect cites U.S. wars as motivation, officials say

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation, said Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed by police as the two attempted to avoid capture, do not appear to have been directed by a foreign terrorist organization.

Rather, the officials said, the evidence so far suggests they were “self-radicalized” through Internet sites and U.S. actions in the Muslim world.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/boston...

it'll be interesting to see how FOX runs with that one. if at all.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Obama is “Face of Capitalist Empire”

“From the start, Obama has been leading the charge to betray Social Security and the foundation of the Democratic Party’s policy platform, which is the New Deal,” said Kevin Alexander Gray, the Columbia, South Carolina writer and activist.“Obama is the face of the capitalist empire; that’s what he believes in,” said Gray.“What troubles me about Black Obama supporters is, they just seem to ignore it. It’s all about misguided racial pride.”

Chicago Teachers Prepare Electoral Challenge to Mayor Emanuel

Massive school closings have made Chicago “ground zero” in the battle to preserve public education, said Michael Brunson, of the Chicago Teachers Union. Fifty-four schools have been targeted for closure, this year, most of them in Black and brown neighborhoods.“People don’t want to move into a community if they don’t have a school they can send their children to,” said Brunson.“It’s part of a downward spiral that disinvests from our communities and causes them to crumble.” The teachers union plans to register 100,000 new voters to challenge mayoral control of the schools.

Newark Protests Against Social Security Cuts

The People’s Organization for Progress held demonstrations, in Newark, New Jersey, to protest President Obama’s proposed cuts to Social Security and other entitlement programs. Chairman Larry Hamm noted that POP endorsed Obama “in both elections after much discussion and debate.” But,“now we turn around and have to fight the very guy we voted for.” Obama, said Hamm, is “the first Democratic president to actually propose cuts to Social Security.”

STILL HOPING FOR CHANGE
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. You think if the UN Inspectors had announced before the Iraq War that the coast was clear, Saddam would have simply become a nice guy?
The entire world provided Saddam with those materials believing they were being used for medical research.
Do you think the entire world would have done that if they knew he was going to gas 5000 Kurdish women and children?
Who do you think was responsible for all those mass graves discovered?
Saddam was a POS but he was a harmless POS. France, German, Italian and Turkish intelligence agencies, to name a few knew Saddam was a paper tiger. Israel also knew but didn't offer up their real intelligence. I don't know where you are coming from with the medical research bullsht__please provide a link that doesn't have (opinion) in the title.

Between 3200 and 5000 Kurds died as a result of the gassing and 7000 plus suffered injuries of varying degrees, some of them life shortening.

As usual Carol__you're lost on the subject and too fkn lazy to explore the details. Sad case you are!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
well the other day i 'saw' someone talking about how Obama was the best POTUS ever.
don't need to cite it do i? everyone knows it's true so there would really be no point.
i told ya you wouldn't like it.
Have you been taking lessons from RealDave? That's the kind of moranic post he would print. Figured you for better than that!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The Big Nausea: Waking Up With an Obama-Ache
Who will defend the indefensible Obama? Answer: There will be fewer and fewer Obamapologists, as each day passes.“For the monumentally dysfunctional Black Misleadership Class, the winding down of the Age of Obama is cause for frantic repositioning, and for the revising of their own histories.”Black folks have been forced to come to grips with the finality of Obama’s second term.”

The Obama Hangover has begun. The drunken delirium that descended on Black America after the pale Democratic caucuses of Iowa endorsed a brown-skinned corporatist just after New Years Day, 2008 – conveying white “viability” on a Great Black Hope – is definitively over. It’s the morning-after in Black America, a scene of economic and political ruin bathed in the searing daylight of Obama’s second term and umpteenth betrayal.

It would be easy to say that the Great Nausea of 2013 was occasioned by Obama’s blunt object assault on Social Security and the whole array of entitlements. However, the First Black President’s obituary is not written in his budget. The onset of post-Obamaism has more to do with the calendar than anything else. Since Election Day, November 6, Black folks have been forced to come to grips with the finality of Obama’s second term – the impending emergence from the dream. There is the sound of a finger snapping.“In a few moments, you will wake up.”The awakening will be uneven and, for many, dreadful: a dreamscape dissolving into the rubble-strewn nightmare left by the Great Recession, a catastrophe that set African Americans back as much as two generations, but which was not subjectively experienced as such by huge segments of the Black community. Instead, reality was subsumed by the mere presence of a Black person in the White House.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

WHEN AMERICANS VOTED FOR HOPE AND CHANGE they didnt think bush would still be in the whitehouse because he is still being blamed and the guy in the whitehouse is not responsible for nothing but photo ops
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
The Big Nausea: Waking Up With an Obama-Ache
Who will defend the indefensible Obama? Answer: There will be fewer and fewer Obamapologists, as each day passes.“For the monumentally dysfunctional Black Misleadership Class, the winding down of the Age of Obama is cause for frantic repositioning, and for the revising of their own histories.”Black folks have been forced to come to grips with the finality of Obama’s second term.”
The Obama Hangover has begun. The drunken delirium that descended on Black America after the pale Democratic caucuses of Iowa endorsed a brown-skinned corporatist just after New Years Day, 2008 – conveying white “viability” on a Great Black Hope – is definitively over. It’s the morning-after in Black America, a scene of economic and political ruin bathed in the searing daylight of Obama’s second term and umpteenth betrayal.
It would be easy to say that the Great Nausea of 2013 was occasioned by Obama’s blunt object assault on Social Security and the whole array of entitlements. However, the First Black President’s obituary is not written in his budget. The onset of post-Obamaism has more to do with the calendar than anything else. Since Election Day, November 6, Black folks have been forced to come to grips with the finality of Obama’s second term – the impending emergence from the dream. There is the sound of a finger snapping.“In a few moments, you will wake up.”The awakening will be uneven and, for many, dreadful: a dreamscape dissolving into the rubble-strewn nightmare left by the Great Recession, a catastrophe that set African Americans back as much as two generations, but which was not subjectively experienced as such by huge segments of the Black community. Instead, reality was subsumed by the mere presence of a Black person in the White House.
African Americans have an immense sense of pride in Barack Obama as President of the United States and he is unequivocally liked. He receives a 91% favorable rating. Seventy-two percent believe that President Obama's election has helped them while only 4% believe his election has hurt them.

http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...

probably a better take than a right wing guess/wish.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED IN THE WHITEHOUSE IS THE COLOR OF THE OCCUPANTS policies and LIES are still the same so much for the first BLACK president and he didn't prevent the terror attack in boston but hey he got bin laden he just couldn't stop the boston thing just like BUSH
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Have you been taking lessons from RealDave? That's the kind of moranic post he would print. Figured you for better than that!
i can get down in the dirt with you right wing crazies when needed.

just because i have 2 fancy Liberal Arts Degrees doesn't mean i can't get my hands dirty on occasion. like...(in stretching the point a bit)...do you know how much a Mercedes mechanic charges?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation, said Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan , who was killed by police as the two attempted to avoid capture, do not appear to have been directed by a foreign terrorist organization.
Rather, the officials said, the evidence so far suggests they were “self-radicalized” through Internet sites and U.S. actions in the Muslim world.
I think I said before that if during an invasion of your sovereign country, Americans managed to destroy your house, livelihood, kill your mom and baby sister, and cripple your dad, you're going to hate them. However, I never even thought of all the potential terrorists Bush & Co. had managed to create within the Muslim faith...that drunken imbecile should be brought up on charges greater than Tsarnaev, imho
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The point is they are getting better at it. You know at 7 tons one could only imagine what they could slip into port. They wouldn't actually land it.
You need to get out more often Flacko.

Tons of weed and coke have been coming into Florida daily since the 1970's via every imaginable means. By land by sea and by air.

Yeah__the cute little sub would meet drug running high speed boats off shore which would run the product through the thousand islands to Immokalee where the Mexicans would distribute it through their vast network. Old news__been going on for thirty years.

Think trucks Flacko, trucks coming through customs in TX, AZ and CA. Does NM have any border major border crossings?

How many trucks (tractor trailers) do you think enter the US daily through Brownsville TX Flack?
FOX NEWS

South Mills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just because i have 2 fancy Liberal Arts Degrees doesn't mean i can't get my hands dirty on occasion. like...(in stretching the point a bit)...do you know how much a Mercedes mechanic charges?
GET A LIFE START LISTEN TO SOME TRUTH
WATCH FOX NEWS!!!!!!TELL THE TRUTH MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT BELEIVE IT,TELL A LIE FROM OBAMA 90% OF THE TIME PEOPLE BELEIVE IT!!!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal Arts! That there is funny! Yeah! Happen to have one for a friend. Have another one who works on Navy ships. He's rebuilding a generator the size of a two story house right now. Know how much he makes? What's your point?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I think I said before that if during an invasion of your sovereign country, Americans managed to destroy your house, livelihood, kill your mom and baby sister, and cripple your dad, you're going to hate them. However, I never even thought of all the potential terrorists Bush & Co. had managed to create within the Muslim faith...that drunken imbecile should be brought up on charges greater than Tsarnaev, imho
i was sitting in pre-op friday morning with my wife(pacemaker) watching the Boston manhunt and had to listen to some typical conservative across the way wondering out loud...."What did we do to them?"

the wife somehow kept me from yelling....Did you vote for Bush!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Take pleasure in this response because, you won't be getting another one dumass! You're misinformed, dumb, & delusional. Was the black community doing better under Bush, No. Our current situation is because of Bush, & opposition from the republican side of the isle. The democrats of today are the republicans of yesterday, well known fact bucko! Who pushed for education reform & came up with the bright idea of" The No Child Left Behind Act?" Sure wasn't the left! What was the result dumass? Millions of urban city children being ushered through school, not learning a damn thing, but feeling like they accomplished something because they passed/graduated. Dumass, in reality it doesn't matter what party has been in office, the results have been the same. Nobody knows what Obama's legacy will be until 2014, when the obstructionist are voted out for folks of more compliance. Dumass!
this ahole WAS BORN WITH bUSH SO HE ONLY KNOWS bUSH
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation, said Dzhokhar and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed by police as the two attempted to avoid capture, do not appear to have been directed by a foreign terrorist organization.
Self radicalized eh? Kinda like Carol and about half the other right wing losers I've encountered since Clinton put the smackdown on GHWB.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

if ANYONE HAS HAD A LIMB AMPUTATED YOU WILL NOT BE SMILING THE NEXT DAY obama AND his wife have no class THIS CONSTANT PHOTO OP presidency HAS NO CLASS, AND THE LACK OF common sense and knowledge IS JUST SICKENING THE ONLY THING OBAMA IS GOOD AT IS BEING POPULAR

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get out more often Flacko.
Tons of weed and coke have been coming into Florida daily since the 1970's via every imaginable means. By land by sea and by air.
Yeah__the cute little sub would meet drug running high speed boats off shore which would run the product through the thousand islands to Immokalee where the Mexicans would distribute it through their vast network. Old news__been going on for thirty years.
Think trucks Flacko, trucks coming through customs in TX, AZ and CA. Does NM have any border major border crossings?
How many trucks (tractor trailers) do you think enter the US daily through Brownsville TX Flack?
Hey Mr Peabody I could care less about pot and coke. I worry more about stingers, dirty bombs, and suitcase style nukes. The point is on the roads at the borders, just like the ports, there are radiation detectors. If a sub with a nuke cruises into the bay there at Tampa and sets it off it won't matter how long they have been running drugs.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Self radicalized eh? Kinda like Carol and about half the other right wing losers I've encountered since Clinton put the smackdown on GHWB.
the right wing losers self radicalized? nah.

FOX. the American right wing religion of fear mongering.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

"The Boston Bombers were Muslim. So?"

"Today's train bombers are Muslim. So?"

Our political and media elite's response (in a screechy, screechy HillarySpeak voice):
"What difference, at this point, does it make?!!!"

the politically correct media are angrier at chick-a-fil than anti-american muslims. they were more upset by Michael Vick killing dogs than Grossnell killing babies. and if Sarah Palin had been in a psychiatric hospital that would have been disclosed and often--unlike their recent kid glove treatment of leftwing nutjob Ashley Judd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-1-14 12 min RACE 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min Uzi 68,086
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 39 min Pay to Play 1,881
Ask Amy 8-1-14 40 min Kuuipo 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Bellweather 175,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 97,587
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Nono 6,592
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••